Common sense things to do to get ready for Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
HK12K said:
I guess it would come down to whether or not they would forcibly confine the aged or not.

It's one thing to strongly suggest anyone over 70 stay indoors for the next year, for their own good. It's presumed that if they do happen to become infected the chances are good that it will be fatal, either because that's just the way the virus is or because the hospitals will be clogged with people with longer life expectancies and there just won't be enough room for the elderly.

But if granny and gramps decide that they don't care and feel like taking their chances, do you really think they're going to lock them up if they're otherwise healthy?

Big distinction.

Kind of gallows humor, but be curious if one was out and they checked your ID, kind of like for booze before we were 30 or so.

Dauntless said:
What are you talking about? There's no such thing as "The" flu vaccine. In a given yeah they might be considering 200 or more strains of flu, but only the 3 most expected go into that years' vaccine.
Exactly. And they are generally protective against this year's flus. If getting this year's flus protected you against COVID-19, then getting the vaccine would also protect you, since they both use the same antigens. (As would every year's flu vaccine.)

But by all means, once you get the flu, feel free to hang out with your friends that have COVID-19. I am sure you'll be fine.

Punx0r said:
Perhaps I should restate something I posted on the first page of this thread: this particular corona virus has never before crossed from animals to humans. It is novel and NO ONE has ANY pre-existing immunity to it.
Agreed, absurd conspiracy theories aside.

2old said:
Kind of gallows humor, but be curious if one was out and they checked your ID, kind of like for booze before we were 30 or so.

Suddenly I'm reminded of this old Boost Mobile ad campaign.

[youtube]3J6a8x8k6pg[/youtube]
(Excuse me while I keel over, lmfao)

[youtube]7k71zbZ_qHQ[/youtube]
[youtube]Oaa37H9r-do[/youtube]
[youtube]TLLewkpKZNI[/youtube]

Borders are closing, but I dont understand French Justin sorry.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/trudeau-addresses-nation-about-covid-19/ar-BB11gmim

Governments logic, Americans are still welcome with closed borders. LMFAO

JackFlorey said:
Punx0r said:
Perhaps I should restate something I posted on the first page of this thread: this particular corona virus has never before crossed from animals to humans. It is novel and NO ONE has ANY pre-existing immunity to it.
Agreed, absurd conspiracy theories aside.

Nah, it would be much better if you learn that what you just said is irrelevant, because if there DOES turn out to be some properly related previous exposure, no amount of restating your first mistake will change that. I'd think you'd have more than enough experience with that by now.

And there's no conspiracy theory involved, just more foot and more mouth. Which you two love so much.

Please keep panic selling and driving the market into the ground. I'm going to make a killing when this is all over. If it doesn't kill me first, of course.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-03-16-20-intl-hnk/h_6315382240d96163d4d4cbe0b9aafb25

I guess we'll see how the vaccine turns out. I wonder how "New" it is.

nicobie said:
Is it really necessary to insult someone just because you disagree with them? :|

I suppose it depends on if you can admit the tremendous irony of YOU asking that.

Ahh, but while some of you are preaching your normal gospel of hate and ignorance, I found a piano in this complex that should have 15,000 or more running around but offers I suppose a few hundred at the moment. Someone's YouTube recording of one piece I suddenly have time to work on. I've yet to be so good with a hands all over the keyboard piece.

[youtube]vE8pEK3H9dE[/youtube]

Actually I'm over at Jack in the Box right now, but before I left someone I didn't even realize played marimba jumped on one nearby. If you know what a xylophone is, well, you probably don't because most people think a glockenspiel is a xylophone; well, a marimba is much like a xylophone which is not all that unlike a glockenspiel, ah, that's what he was playing.

Hey, maybe I should go to a workstation and make a small file of just the intro I played on for this one piece. I had some hard Glock going and I'm really not a bell player, if you play piano it's not hard to make the mallet instruments work for you. I have at least one other instrument in the intro, I don't remember exactly. It's the improvising the Glock that was most memorable.

So if you'd thought to ask me if it was necessary for me to one up the person who just insulted me as part of his campaign to shout his ignorance over the voices of the thinking people, I'd have answered 'Why yes, it is quite necessary.' It's a good thing to have someone taking care of it. Can't leave it to the forces of chaos to rule the day.

Oh, have a nice day, now that chaos has been fought back against.

If you're looking for another to occupy your time...

[youtube]NC3BdczbZak[/youtube]

"Streaks on the china,
never mattered before,
who cares.

When you dropped kicked your jacket
As you came through the door,
No one glared.

But sometimes things get turned around
And no one's spared.

All hands look out below
There's a change in the status quo.
Gonna need all the help that we can get.

According to our new arrival
Life is more than mere survival
We just might live the good life yet."

Lebowski said:
Hey are you learning piano too ?

I'm taking up playing again after recovering from hand trouble. Never actually learned to play: Can you believe that I was the one that wound up with the family piano that all my older brothers and sisters were forced to take lessons on while I was not allowed as part of Mother's evil plot to force me to be priest?

I'm thinking of rebuilding it myself: new keys, some sort of woodwork to fix the pedals, I might even try tuning it myself. It's one thing to think I don't have the memories connected to it the others would, but recalling her enraged that I'd been secretly playing more that most of those who DID get lessons, how could I ever part with it?

Dauntless said:
Nah, it would be much better if you learn that what you just said is irrelevant, because if there DOES turn out to be some properly related previous exposure . . .

Yes. If. And if it DOES turn out that it's really a secret Chinese weapon, then the Chinese must have an antidote that they will sell at Costco for $10,000 a shot and thereby take over the US economy!

But here in reality that's not going to happen. Neither will pre-existing immunity from another virus. We are all better served if public health policy is based in reality and not conspiracy theories (or Internet imaginings.)

The fingers said:
People should not go out in public without a wad of toilet paper over their face held on by a rubber band around their head. :oops:
[youtube]ljcjeVPrXjo[/youtube]

Played the Viola years ago. Guess I have time to learn it again.
Everyone should relax, CO2 levels are starting to level out, oil is back in the 1980's price range and if I remember correctly Gasoline should drop down to $1.00 ga. t rump has lost all his Stock market gains and buying oil trying to pump up the price. Better than Bush he bought at $80+ a barrel.

Punx0r said:
formula101 said:
No conspiracy talk here, only facts. In line with CA governor's call for the elderly to "self quarantine," the UK is one step ahead, FORCING those 70 and older into quarantine for FOUR MONTHS.

Note that the UK is gearing up for full scale implementation of martial law, as I predicted two days ago.

Ironically you accuse others of talking nonsense. None of this is true. Absolute, paranoid rubbish.

lol, and yet every single post is 100% supported by the facts. You have nothing but paranoia and ignorance.

formula101 said:
Punx0r said:
formula101 said:
No conspiracy talk here, only facts. In line with CA governor's call for the elderly to "self quarantine," the UK is one step ahead, FORCING those 70 and older into quarantine for FOUR MONTHS.

Note that the UK is gearing up for full scale implementation of martial law, as I predicted two days ago.

Ironically you accuse others of talking nonsense. None of this is true. Absolute, paranoid rubbish.

lol, and yet every single post is 100% supported by the facts. You have nothing but paranoia and ignorance.

Go ahead, post the "facts" you have to support either of your two statements re: forced quarantine and martial law. This will be entertaining because I know first hand not only that you are wrong but how and why you are mistaken.

Punx0r said:
formula101 said:
Punx0r said:
formula101 said:

Go ahead, post the "facts" you have to support either of your two statements re: forced quarantine and martial law. This will be entertaining because I know first hand not only that you are wrong but how and why you are mistaken.

Your wish is my command. :D

As far as martial law, we are just one step closer. Not that I want it to happen.

https://www.businessinsider.com/san-francisco-lockdown-coronavirus-disease-bay-area-2020-3

San Francisco Bay Area ordered to 'shelter in place' until April 7 as the city attempts to contain the coronavirus outbreak

The Bay Area, including San Francisco, will be directed to "shelter in place" until April 7 in an attempt to contain the coronavirus outbreak, the San Francisco Chronicle first reported on Monday.

The directive, which will go into effect at 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday, affects six Bay Area counties, including the county and city of San Francisco.

As the Chronicle noted, the affected population totals more than 6.7 million people. They will still be allowed to go shopping for groceries and supplies.

The directive is not a full lockdown, so people will not be prohibited from leaving their homes without government permission. Instead, they're directed to stay inside and avoid contact with others as much as possible for three weeks. Law enforcement is being asked to "ensure compliance" with the order, according to the Chronicle.

Smaller counties are also being quarantined. This is house arrest with threat of arrest if orders are defied, as is the case with San Francisco.

https://patch.com/california/santacruz/coronavirus-shelter-place-issued-santa-cruz-county

Coronavirus: Shelter In Place Order Issued For Santa Cruz County

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, CA — Santa Cruz County has issued a shelter in place order from Tuesday, March 17 to Tuesday, April 7 in hopes to slow the spread of the new coronavirus. Residents are ordered to go in public only for essential activities such as getting groceries, health care, child care and medications.

Nine cases of the virus have been confirmed in Santa Cruz County as of Monday. The county is considered to have community spread, since public health officials are unsure of how some patients became infected.

The news came hours after six counties in the immediate Bay Area announced a similar order.

formula101 said:
Smaller counties are also being quarantined. This is house arrest with threat of arrest if orders are defied, as is the case with San Francisco.
Yep. And it's going to get worse before it gets better. The peak is currently predicted to be around June.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/media/universal-movies-streaming-coroanvirus/index.html

So the idea is you get to stay home and watch movies. I guess I better get a good keyboard and a new computer for the DAW, I need something to do while NOT watching movies all day.

When this hits the homeless population it will be devastating.

The first company to find the cure, they will become instant billionaires.
The rush is on!

markz said:

The rush is on!

or rounded up and put into jail cells but that would probably cause a riot. oh wow, I never thought about what happens to a prison if it got in there. that could be horrific

goatman said:
markz said:

The rush is on!

or rounded up and put into jail cells but that would probably cause a riot. oh wow, I never thought about what happens to a prison if it got in there. that could be horrific

Not to mention that cops don't have the luxury of social distancing, so they'll probably be picking it up and passing it along with every ticket and arrest. Then to the cells. Courts are open too. Prisons are just a hop skip and a jump away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back