E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

QMS said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
QMS said:
For some reason I've never been able to warm up to the dual headlight look. One is ok, and three is good, but two? I've never seen a bike with two headlights that I thought looked right.

I like this one, which is the same as CD's, as much as any I've seen on a Stealth. This one looks small on the bike, and makes the bike look over muscled. In addition it puts out over 800 lm, but only draws about 1/4 amp. $36 shipped was a deal too. The only problem is it's so bright I have to aim it toward the ground to keep from blinding oncoming traffic, and you have to make your own mount.

Hey TV, There are plenty of good cheap lights out there and looks aren't everything. Performance in regards to durability & brightness tend to be peoples' main concern. When you're belting down the trail in the middle of the night the brighter the better & the Stealths' 1720 lm is pretty much bright enough most of the time. It has a high and low load & a flashing mode also plus it can also be removed really quickly if necessary.

Hey Rix, We don't think we will have too much trouble selling this Bomber either it has only done around 700kms too.

Looks wise, I could probably live with it better if the lights were vertical, rather then horizontal. I seriously doubt the quality warrants the price though. I'd be willing the bet the micro processor in my light is as high, or higher quality as that one. How many amps does it draw on high? Based on the claim, it's not any brighter then my light, there's just 2 of them.

If my 4 bulb light isn't bright enough you can get the same light with 6 bulbs for $45. I wouldn't recommend it for city riding though, because it's going to be too bright. Trust me the 4 bulb is plenty bright.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18W-12-90V-LED-Head-Light-Super-White-Electric-Motorcycle-e-bike-motor-/330966670012?tfrom=330966673289&tpos=top&ttype=coupon&talgo=undefined

You see, that is the problem with those lights. They spread out the beam. In your picture the light is all over the place. It is great when you are alone in the bush.
But this is how the beamshot should look like on a light when you use it in raffic
Philips-SafeRide.jpg

Amazing Light compared to others here
http://reviews.mtbr.com/2012-bike-lights-shootout-backyard-beam-pattern-photos

Fenix BT20 would probably be a good compromise as it is cheaper than the Philips
201312510054050065.jpg

[youtube]ABmwlrFWNOk[/youtube]

Hi Guys,

We are Stealth Dealers in Perth and are looking to shoot a video of Stealth bikes with as many SEB owners as possible. Most likely be on a Sunday at somewhere like Mundaring. Would you like to come along and ride with us?

We have finally got a hold of our new 2015 latest Bomber B-52 which we will have there on the day for you to demo if you like. The video will be about lifestyle and fun rather than performance riding, but if you want to cut sick, sweet, we'll shoot it too.

We'll organize a BBQ sausage sizzle and a few cold bevvies.

Let us know with a reply to our email info(at)actionsportswa.com.au or reply to this thread.

We hope to see lots of you for a fun day of riding.

Darren
ActionSportsWA

http://www.gizmag.com/efneo-front-gearbox/34155/

3-gear front gearbox may work well with a Fighter?

I use an Ion 700 Lumen bicycle light on my Fighter. It has 3 brightness settings and 2 flash settings. One flash setting is strobe the other is a constant on/flash. I've actually been considering buying another Ion light. One would be set high and the other in a flash mode. My light charges with a mini USB port and has an internal battery.

SamM

ActionsportsWA said:
Hi Guys,

We are Stealth Dealers in Perth and are looking to shoot a video of Stealth bikes with as many SEB owners as possible. Most likely be on a Sunday at somewhere like Mundaring. Would you like to come along and ride with us?

We have finally got a hold of our new 2015 latest Bomber B-52 which we will have there on the day for you to demo if you like. The video will be about lifestyle and fun rather than performance riding, but if you want to cut sick, sweet, we'll shoot it too.

We'll organize a BBQ sausage sizzle and a few cold bevvies.

Let us know with a reply to our email info(at)actionsportswa.com.au or reply to this thread.

We hope to see lots of you for a fun day of riding.

Darren
ActionSportsWA

I hope this happens, I can't wait to see the video :D

Hey all,
Anyone been to the stealth website lately?

http://www.stealthelectricbikes.com/stealth-b-52-bomber/#!

5.2kw? Is this a new battery or more?

1abv said:
Hey all,

hey man, i just got my new stealth bomber, you can setup the computer to go up to 5200w, im not 100% sure about battery i think is the same.
cheers

Samer

Hi Guys,

I just receive a new Stealth Bomber :) it looks really nice,

any body had problem with vboxx noise? in few gears?

i can feel same vibration in some gears and make like noise ( rruuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr) it is not super loud but is annoying

any help will be good

Cheers

Samer

The noise is normal.. Bunch o posts on it here...that's just how it works...

Hey does anyone know the torque spec for the rear shock bolts? Both top and bottom?

I know some folks gave you some great advice and solutions, but I would check to see how loose the nut is on the bottom and top shock bolts first. They shoulde be torqued to about 39nm or so. Don't worry, the threads can handle it, if the bolt is like mine, they are 2mm pitch threads.
by Rix
Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:46 pm

Forum: E-Bike Photos & Video
Topic: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners
Replies: 9014
Views: 307818
Found it.... Never mind thx rix!

Samer said:
Hi Guys,

i can feel same vibration in some gears and make like noise ( rruuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr) it is not super loud but is annoying

any help will be good

Cheers

Samer

Make sure your chain isn't too tight.

1abv said:
Hey all,

That's mildly interesting, but if the factory ever announces 35ah that would be really big news.

whats the best way to treat bomber battery?
should i rechargeit even if the battery is on 89% over night?

Samer said:
whats the best way to treat bomber battery?
should i recharge it even if the battery is on 89% over night?

I have a 2 month old Fighter. I believe the answer to you question depends on:

A. If the remaining battery level is enough for your next ride?
B. If you think you will exceed the battery's predicted maximum cycle count in any time frame that bothers you?

A small top up charge is one cycle. The same as a full charge. It should be good to at least 700 cycles before it starts to hold less energy. Some people get to 2000 before it's an issue, I think.

If I remember correctly, Joe at Stealth told me:

1. If storing the bike for a couple of weeks or longer, leave the battery with around 60% charge. It likes that. The user manual needs updating.
2. Don't worry about feeling a need to run the battery full down. Too low is actually worse for it. The BMS in side the battery pack prevents a full discharge.
3. If charging it up, let it charge fully. That is until the green light comes on, plus another hour if you can with the green light on. So the BMS can condition the cells. As per the manual.

My battery cycle counter went up rapidly for the first few charges. That is I charged it up about 6 times (physically plugging the charger in), but the display got up to about 40 cycles. I thought WTF? But then it magically stabilised and now the count goes up exactly as it should.

Samer said:
Hi Guys,

any help will be good

Cheers

Samer

Sam open the PDF attachment and go to page 13. See the 4 bolts being referenced in the pic, remove those and squire 30ml aka 30cc of super lube grease into each hole, then ride around shifting through all of the gears a few times to circulate the grease. You will notice an instant improvement in the smoothness of your Vboxx as well as some decrease felt vibration and noise. It will still be there, but much less. I know the manual says 20Ml which is 20cc, but I found from personal experience that 30cc is better. Super lube is the lube to use, you will need to find your self a big syringe to apply the grease.

Rick

Attachments

• FINAL_VBOXX_MANUAL_2009.pdf
    8.9 MB · Views: 70
  • super lube.jpg
    super lube.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4,765
I just dropped of my shock at my dirtbike suspension guru... Can't wait to see what he can do with it! I'll keep you guys updated as to how it goes and what he does with it.

Emmett said:
A small top up charge is one cycle. The same as a full charge.

I agree with everything except this. Cycle life is relative to DOD - Depth of Discharge & charge current.

anything you do to bring down the draw current, charge current, and dod from what is rated will give you more cycles out of your pack
and the cycle count gained dose give you a higher lifetime output

draw and charge less then max current and it will last longer

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=33757

Hey guys,
I hate to drop names, but I wanted to mention that Neale Bayly from Neale Bayly Rides, rode my Fighter at the Overland Expo East last week. Some of you may recognize his name. He really liked the bike and talked with me for about 30 minutes or so, about it. Never thought to ask him for a picture. I didn't want to be "that guy".

While I was at the Expo, I gave more than several demo rides of the bike. Between 25 and 35 people rode the bike. Many, many more asked about it. Overall, everyone than asked thought it was a very cool bike. I could tell that some of the motorcycle riders, didn't quite get it but they did stop and look.

SamM

SamM said:
Hey guys,

While I was at the Expo, I gave more than several demo rides of the bike. Between 25 and 35 people rode the bike. Many, many more asked about it. Overall, everyone than asked thought it was a very cool bike. I could tell that some of the motorcycle riders, didn't quite get it but they did stop and look.

SamM

That's interesting. I ride my bike to rides around town where motorcycles riders meet, like Wednesday night bike night, on face book. And then other times I ride my bike to biker bars, with names like Strokers, and Pig's, where the riders are of a more dedicated lifestyle, colors wearing type of rider. At the motorcycle rider events there's usually one or two people that show a little interest in my bike, but at biker bars I find that the bikers are much more interested, and even somewhat excited about an electric bike being among them. Motorcycle rider events not so much.

TV,
These guys were not Harley riders. It was more of the hardcore Adventure riders. Most of the guys there with bikes were BMW riders. I myself used to have a KTM 950 Adventure, a couple KLRs and most recently a Ural Gear-Up. After my crash on the Ural last year, I gave up motorcycles. Nobody ever said anything about not riding mountain bikes to me though. lol

Since I'm not saving for a Bomber now, I plan to get a Rokon 2WD motorcycle in the next year or two.

SamM

Allex said:
You see, that is the problem with those lights. They spread out the beam. In your picture the light is all over the place. It is great when you are alone in the bush.
But this is how the beamshot should look like on a light when you use it in raffic
Philips-SafeRide.jpg

Allex, I understand what you're saying, but actually I'll take mine any day over the one you've shown. The problem isn't really the light pattern. Both are good for a high beam. For riding in traffic you need a beam that has a cut off, or what's considered a low beam. The problem I have with the MagicShine lens, aside from it doesn't fit my light, is it cuts down drastically on the throw, and it still blinds oncoming traffic if it's aimed high, when you're dealing with lights as bright as these are.

Here's an example of an excellent headlight lens with a great low beam cut off that I'm running one my Sportster. I took this picture a few years ago after installing an, at the time, cutting edge HID kit. The lens is a, illegal here in the states, German Hella. It's funny, now HID is old technology. If you ain't LED, you ain't s**t now lol.

The problem is no one makes a lens like this for a bicycle yet.

SamM said:
TV,
These guys were not Harley riders. It was more of the hardcore Adventure riders. Most of the guys there with bikes were BMW riders. I myself used to have a KTM 950 Adventure, a couple KLRs and most recently a Ural Gear-Up. After my crash on the Ural last year, I gave up motorcycles. Nobody ever said anything about not riding mountain bikes to me though. lol

Since I'm not saving for a Bomber now, I plan to get a Rokon 2WD motorcycle in the next year or two.

SamM

Yeah Sam, I know who you're referring to (obviously not you). Dallas is lousy with them too. I just find it interesting that the more highbrow riders that wear the expensive man made motorcycle riding apparel, don't seem to be able to appreciate our bikes, as much as the riders in the black leather jackets that would be considered by many to be, lowbrow types. They are imo, the same type of jerk ass mofo's that can't understand leather streamers hanging off handle bars, whereas real bikes know instinctively why they're there, and have an innate ability to instantly recognize a quality bike no matter what it is, even a Bomber.

Now excuse me while I hop down off my soap box LOL.

TV,
I've always liked all types of bikes and consider myself a motorcyclist. Started riding when I was 6. My Dad and both my grandfathers rode bikes. My Dad had 6 Harley's during his lifetime. I get it honestly because, it's in my blood. Always felt as comfortable on a Harley, as I ever did on anything else and have owned and ridden just about everything. I got into dual sports out of necessity. Mostly because I live off-road! Never got the elist thing. Pull into a gas station and they don't even bother to speak. That's not a person that I ever wanted to be. I just love bikes and talking about bikes. Sadly, I can no longer ride them. The hardest thing that I have ever done, is give them up! It goes against everything that I feel inside me and I honestly long to be on one again! Very serious health problem keep me from enjoying my passion. I stay off them because of the people that love me.

This Stealth Fighter is one last attempt for me to keep two wheels under me. So far, it gives me that same feeling but I need a little more than 35mph. I just purchased an Adappto Max-E controller from Allex. Since I'm not riding motorcycles now, I have some disposable income to throw at this thing. My plan is to have the baddest Fighter there is and I don't really care what it costs me. A 60+mph burst capability and an 80 mile range would be perfect. I'd like to have a higher speed petaling capability also, just to keep me under the radar. If it looks like I'm petaling, then I must be on a bicycle. That's good enough and I won't be questioned. The High-Speed 2.5:1 Schlumpf should be perfect for that.

Sorry for rambling, off to work I go!

SamM

SamM, have you tried different freewheels. Grin have 7,8 and 9 speed 11-32

http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/freewheels/fw9spd1132.html

Another option to get more speed and it will work well with the schumph drive. Im using the 7 speed. Just make sure you use the same 7,8 or 9 speed gear shifter in left hand as I did. Refer below to my link and make sure u select the left hand option.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/shimano-altus-m310-7-speed-trigger-shifter/rp-prod55296

Back