E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

1abv said:
I just dropped of my shock at my dirtbike suspension guru... Can't wait to see what he can do with it! I'll keep you guys updated as to how it goes and what he does with it.

Curious as well. Keep us updated.

Rix,
Yes, but I only said that it would be perfect. :) The new Ryden LiCC battery technology from Japan could make this possible within the next 5 years. I'm not sure if they are calling it a Lithium/Carbon/Carbon battery yet. That was a guess. It has 20 times the charge rate, no heat problems and 3 times the energy density. That gives my 35 mile Fighter a possible range of approximately 105 miles. And a charge time of about 6 minutes. It's a game changer, if this pans out. They seem very confident that this technology will work. They want to use 18650 cell sizing specs on the new cells. I hope they do. The battery discharges faster, so the top speed seems realistic. Even more is (probably) a real possibility. I'm happy to use what I have until then. The Adappto controller should make the bike more useable for me. Swapping components safely and wiring it up properly is my real issue. I hope to learn along the way and gain some practical knowledge as I move forward with this.

On a side note: My wife and I are currently building a passive solar house that we designed ourselves. I think we have a good plan to cut our energy usage quite a bit. A small PV system will power daily needs such as lighting, entertainment and charging personal electronics. Large consumption items will still use power from the grid and a generator during blackouts. As we grow our solar capability we may switch things over and remove grid power altogether. A small wind system could also supplement our personal needs. Radiant solar heat will be our only source of heat and we do not plan to have a/c. The Stealth fits right into my plan for energy conservation. I will never be able to free myself from my new Jeep Wrangler though. I love it.

Rodney64,
Everyone has told me to keep the bike a two speed and not to add a rear gear set and derailler. Just swapping to the 2.5 Schlumpf seems the easiest solution. Pricey but easy!

SamM

Hi all
Anyone got thoughts on this small crack coming off one of my spoke hole,its only on 1 of them,should i b worried ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2,382
Jimboyr6 said:
Hi all
Anyone got thoughts on this small crack coming off one of my spoke hole,its only on 1 of them,should i b worried ??

I wouldn't be worried about an eminent failure in the short term, but that rim is toast in the long term. You should start planning now for replacement.

SamM said:
TV,
I've always liked all types of bikes and consider myself a motorcyclist. Started riding when I was 6. My Dad and both my grandfathers rode bikes. My Dad had 6 Harley's during his lifetime. I get it honestly because, it's in my blood. Always felt as comfortable on a Harley, as I ever did on anything else and have owned and ridden just about everything. I got into dual sports out of necessity. Mostly because I live off-road! Never got the elist thing. Pull into a gas station and they don't even bother to speak. That's not a person that I ever wanted to be. I just love bikes and talking about bikes. Sadly, I can no longer ride them. The hardest thing that I have ever done, is give them up! It goes against everything that I feel inside me and I honestly long to be on one again! Very serious health problem keep me from enjoying my passion. I stay off them because of the people that love me.

This Stealth Fighter is one last attempt for me to keep two wheels under me. So far, it gives me that same feeling but I need a little more than 35mph. I just purchased an Adappto Max-E controller from Allex. Since I'm not riding motorcycles now, I have some disposable income to throw at this thing. My plan is to have the baddest Fighter there is and I don't really care what it costs me. A 60+mph burst capability and an 80 mile range would be perfect. I'd like to have a higher speed petaling capability also, just to keep me under the radar. If it looks like I'm petaling, then I must be on a bicycle. That's good enough and I won't be questioned. The High-Speed 2.5:1 Schlumpf should be perfect for that.

Sorry for rambling, off to work I go!

SamM

We're about the same riding history. Very sorry to hear that a health problem has knocked you down from riding. I don't know how I could handle not being able to ride anymore. Hopefully your Fighter will keep you on 2 wheels.

I could live with 35 mph, but I find myself going over 45 often. I used to live for the pursuit of more speed, but now I don't care about that anymore. All I need is enough speed to keep the lady in the suv behind me, talking on the cell phone, from running my ass over. I find that sometimes you do need to do 45 to keep that from happening. And then it's good to have a little reserve speed on top of that, so I can understand why you want a little more.

I'm pretty sure Allex can fix you up.

We're going to give it a good old college try!

I agree about the lady in the SUV. It's amazing what people do in cars these days while driving. Makes me think we're all doomed!

Honestly, I'm not concerned for my own safety. If I was, I never would have climbed aboard my first bike! I must think of others this time, both my family and those on the highway. I could get a trike or another three-wheeler but the Ural crash really turned me off to those. The Fighter is all I need at this point in my life. The Rokon that I have planned will work well on my property in place of an ATV. I don't like ATVs much either. Cheers!

SamM

Allex said:
Jim, did you had pinchflats?
That rims had a good hit in that area. I would not want to go 50mph with that rim.

No pinch flats,i think the last owner must of done it,anyone know of a good rim replacement??

SamM said:
We're going to give it a good old college try!

I agree about the lady in the SUV. It's amazing what people do in cars these days while driving. Makes me think we're all doomed!

Honestly, I'm not concerned for my own safety. If I was, I never would have climbed aboard my first bike! I must think of others this time, both my family and those on the highway. I could get a trike or another three-wheeler but the Ural crash really turned me off to those. The Fighter is all I need at this point in my life. The Rokon that I have planned will work well on my property in place of an ATV. I don't like ATVs much either. Cheers!

SamM

Ah bull$h!t Sam, you are just getting a Rokon so you can go to the annual "East Coast Rokon Romp" in West Virginia :lol: . Just joking and couldn't resist the coincidental circumstances that the best east cost Rokon get together happens to be in your state. Saw some videos and it does look like a good time though. Beer, bikes, babes, and more beer. Whats not to like?

Too bad I gave all those up! :)

My wife doesn't let me hangout with other babes. Haven't really drank since I was in my 20's and you know about the bikes. The Rokon Romp sounds great though. I have heard of it but never attended. Just not much of a partier anymore. As I barely remember, I drank too much in my 20's. I lived in Florida for 5 years. One big party! I do remember that I had A LOT of fun. I had to move back home and settled down.

SamM

SamM said:
Too bad I gave all those up! :)

My wife doesn't let me hangout with other babes. Haven't really drank since I was in my 20's and you know about the bikes. The Rokon Romp sounds great though. I have heard of it but never attended. Just not much of a partier anymore. As I barely remember, I drank too much in my 20's. I lived in Florida for 5 years. One big party! I do remember that I had A LOT of fun. I had to move back home and settled down.

SamM

Dude, during my 20s and 30s, I was in the Navy, and with the exception of Coronado, I was overseas almost the whole time. Minus my deployments to Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Iraq, I drank beer and have been $h!tfaced on 5 different continents. Haven't been drunk in Australia, or Antartica. Haven't been to those places either. How's that for braggin? Anway now in my 40s, I do find my self limiting my great times to Stealth Ebikes, beer, and my GF of six years and 3 year old son. She totally supports my ebike afflication without on gripe. I guess you could say, I am very lucky.

Wow, you did it right. I was in the Army Reserve during my time in FLA. Never went anywhere cool though. Thankfully!

My wife of almost 23 years supports me as well. She didn't know what to say when she saw the Fighter. She said, that doesn't look like a mountain bike. She quickly understood it though. It's important to have understanding women!

SamM

Hi all new stealth owner here

I recived my 2013 stealth fighter #121 from revolution Cycles a few days ago. The bike is awesome and was running great till yday. I let my friend have a go and the battery died on him before he made it back.

My cycle analyst version 3 now shows the fault "low V" after it boots up and I can't clear it.

I tryed resetting the bms by unplugging the dc output from the battery but I still get the low V fault

The battery is fully charged and I get 56volts dc tested using a fluke multimeter
The bike still goes but at reduced speed and with no stats from the cycle analyst except for "low V" fault

The bike is still under warranty I've only had it for a week any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,267
Rix said:
Samer said:
Hi Guys,

I just receive a new Stealth Bomber :) it looks really nice,

any body had problem with vboxx noise? in few gears?

i can feel same vibration in some gears and make like noise ( rruuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr) it is not super loud but is annoying

any help will be good

Cheers

Samer

Sam open the PDF attachment and go to page 13. See the 4 bolts being referenced in the pic, remove those and squire 30ml aka 30cc of super lube grease into each hole, then ride around shifting through all of the gears a few times to circulate the grease. You will notice an instant improvement in the smoothness of your Vboxx as well as some decrease felt vibration and noise. It will still be there, but much less. I know the manual says 20Ml which is 20cc, but I found from personal experience that 30cc is better. Super lube is the lube to use, you will need to find your self a big syringe to apply the grease.

Rick

Ok. What will happen if you put inn more than 30cc of Super Lube ? Just asking...

SamM said:
Everyone has told me to keep the bike a two speed and not to add a rear gear set and derailler. Just swapping to the 2.5 Schlumpf seems the easiest solution. Pricey but easy!
I would disagree with this.
Obviously it depends on the type of riding you do...I do every kind.
When cruising around town, or commuting to work, no derailleur needed (although I do still use it).
When going off-road, particularly up steep hills, I use all gears regularly. By all gears, I mean both Schlumpf settings, together with all derailleur gears. The stuff I ride can be so steep you nearly flip off the back!
I also leverage all gears on very long rides. If I want to limit the battery usage and do 60km+ I need to be able to contribute more and the best way to do that is by shifting into the most efficient and comfortable gear.

Cheers

Hi anyone know if this would do the job,new rim for my rear wheel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171390502921

stritzky said:
Rix said:
Samer said:
Hi Guys,

I just receive a new Stealth Bomber :) it looks really nice,

any body had problem with vboxx noise? in few gears?

i can feel same vibration in some gears and make like noise ( rruuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr) it is not super loud but is annoying

any help will be good

Cheers

Samer

Sam open the PDF attachment and go to page 13. See the 4 bolts being referenced in the pic, remove those and squire 30ml aka 30cc of super lube grease into each hole, then ride around shifting through all of the gears a few times to circulate the grease. You will notice an instant improvement in the smoothness of your Vboxx as well as some decrease felt vibration and noise. It will still be there, but much less. I know the manual says 20Ml which is 20cc, but I found from personal experience that 30cc is better. Super lube is the lube to use, you will need to find your self a big syringe to apply the grease.

Rick

Ok. What will happen if you put inn more than 30cc of Super Lube ? Just asking...

Nothing will happen, I serviced by Vboxx 2 times in addition to just adding grease initially after it arrived in from Stealth. More than 30cc of grease will not make the Vboxx any smoother than 30cc. I know this because on my first service, after I had ridden it a thousand miles with the initial 30cc per screw hole of grease added, I put in 60cc per hole, it wasn't any better. So when I did my second service, I just put in 30cc in each hole, it was the same. IMO, stick to 30cc per hole.

kmes_2000 said:

I recived my 2013 stealth fighter #121 from revolution Cycles a few days ago. The bike is awesome and was running great till yday. I let my friend have a go and the battery died on him before he made it back.

My cycle analyst version 3 now shows the fault "low V" after it boots up and I can't clear it.

I tryed resetting the bms by unplugging the dc output from the battery but I still get the low V fault

The battery is fully charged and I get 56volts dc tested using a fluke multimeter
The bike still goes but at reduced speed and with no stats from the cycle analyst except for "low V" fault

The bike is still under warranty I've only had it for a week any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Its been a while since I messed around with the CA, but see if you can toggle it to menu settings, this is done by holding the right arrow button down for a few seconds. This will take you to menus, I cant remember which screen it is, but toggle through them and you will see Vmin screen and a number after that. If you are running the stock Fighter Battery, your Vmin number should be around 45 volts or so. I am not sure, but looking at your CA pic, my guess is your Vmin setting could possibley be set higher than your settled charge voltage. If that isn't he case, you could rule out the CA by disconnecting it and running your bike without the CA. Hey Hyena or Kepler, care to chime in on this? I am not certain that I am correct about whats going on with KMES' Fighter. ///Edit/// being that its under warranty from Revolution Cycles, I would contact them first before trying anything.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Jimboyr6 said:
Hi anyone know if this would do the job,new rim for my rear wheel
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171390502921

No that rim is crap, it's only 32 hole, you need 36

It does say further down in the description it's available in 36 H, so you probably can find one. The 36mm width is good. The stock rim is only about 29mm. It is double wall, but doesn't look like a particularly strong one.

Another problem you might run into is the SS eyelets. It doesn't say what size they are. I'm guessing they won't be big enough for Bomber spokes, and you probably can't drill them out.

Ask Rix about changing to a motorcycle rim if you don't mind changing rim size.

Jim,
I'd just go with motorcycle rims. That's my plan and my reasoning is: 1) to avoid flat tires. 2) to increase tire life.

Everyone that has done this has reported nothing but positive feedback.

SamM

Rix said:
kmes_2000 said:

Thanks

Its been a while since I messed around with the CA, but see if you can toggle it to menu settings, this is done by holding the right arrow button down for a few seconds. This will take you to menus, I cant remember which screen it is, but toggle through them and you will see Vmin screen and a number after that. If you are running the stock Fighter Battery, your Vmin number should be around 45 volts or so. I am not sure, but looking at your CA pic, my guess is your Vmin setting could possibley be set higher than your settled charge voltage. If that isn't he case, you could rule out the CA by disconnecting it and running your bike without the CA. Hey Hyena or Kepler, care to chime in on this? I am not certain that I am correct about whats going on with KMES' Fighter. ///Edit/// being that its under warranty from Revolution Cycles, I would contact them first before trying anything.

Thanks Rix I'll give it try.

I can assess the menu but can't seem to figure out how to adjust the parameters. holding left button to get to the menu and then toggle over to the battery setting and holding the right button "ok" will appear after a few seconds but I can't modify any settings. The cycle analyst is not very intuitive maybe that's why they they changed computers in 2014's idonno.

The bike is tons of fun and way better than the the stomer I test rode last year. I live in Vancouver Canada so if I can't get the low V fault to clear I'll take it to ebike.ca shop and see what they think before bothering stealth with a warranty claim. It probably a bad cycle analyst or it need a firmware update. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

Rix said:
my guess is your Vmin setting could possibley be set higher than your settled charge voltage. If that isn't he case, you could rule out the CA by disconnecting it and running your bike without the CA. Hey Hyena or Kepler, care to chime in on this?
Yep, sound logic Rix.
kmes, first thing you need to do is speak to your friend and find out (truthfully) if he was fiddling with the CA settings. If so then what Rix said above could be the fault. Otherwise if it's still under warranty and it was just a random failure then take it back to your dealer.
If you're close to ebikes.ca I guess it doesnt hurt to swing by and ask if they can flash the firmware but it's not technically their job to fix it, just the same as you don't rock up to Bosch headquarters when the waterpump in your [insert car model] fails.

I can't honestly say I've seen that error before. Normally if it's low voltage cut out you'll still see the parameters on the screen and the motor just won't work. Or if it's the shutdown voltage is too high it'll power down (but I always set this very low)

It could also be that the firmware has become corrupted and needs to be reflashed. I dont know when stealth started fitting CA V3s but I've got #131 sold in June 2013 so yours was probably made closer to the start of 2013 meaning it's running an old pre-lim version of firmware. If your dealer is cluey it's 5 minutes work to reflash the CA though I recall a few cases a year or 2 back of people having their CAs just swapped out when they played up.

Back