E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Woot,
I think what you posted is everyone's first post... Which one?... I rode a fighter and own a bomber.. I do 90% off 10% on road and the 10% is just getting to more dirt.. I'm very happy with the bomber it has the range I need... Once my pack is dead side love to get even more... As far as the weight if you are an MX guy the bomber is insanely light..obviously the fighter even more so. If you like to climb hills/want range I would get the bomber.. The 9 speed is essential for some of the hills that I have nearby me.. Due to limited run up, steepness, and rocky terrain w/o pedal assist the bike wouldn't make it.. I couldnt imagine just a 2 speed....Now in general it is a rare that you will come up to something that you can't climb.. Think ttr or xr 80-125 area.

As far as peadling ive done close to ten miles more than once w/o power to see what it would be like.. Granted that was paved on flat ground.. But its not that bad once you get going.

As far as thinking of modding I would get what you need from the get go. I have no electrical knowledge and just want to ride... Less into building more riding...

Either way these are badd ass bitches! You will love eiteher of them.. Just buy one!!!!!

I've never tried the Fighter but love my Bomber...when it doesn't break down. I ride 100 to 200 km a day commuting with 70/30 road/dirt. I personally feel that the added heft and weight of the bomber helps me in higher speeds as well as overall control when dealing with the inconsistencies of beat up urban roads. Range is everything for me and although I could get a battery custom made for my bombet in the area of 35 ah, Fire is a serious concern and reality with some custom battery setups that I've seen or heard about. So, I'm sort of stuck with the stock battery at the moment since it appears to be the most stable. The Bomber has the biggest battery, but if you're willing to custom build your battery, you might be able to push the Fighter into Bomber range territory.

Proper I dont think you need to worry about a fire with 18650 cells. They are surrounding us everywhere we go. Cars, Laptops, flashlights, factory e-bikes and many more.

Guys, I got caught in the rain and now my Stealth Bomber turns on by itself. Any solutions? The key doesn't turn it off anymore.

Thanks for all the input, has certainly helped convince myself I should go for the fighter.

Since I don't want to void the warranty it gives me at least 12 months to read up on upgrades and battery options before tweaking - by then im sure there will be some substantial improvements in battery tech and I will have a better understanding of what does what.

It also gives me time to get accustom to having a throttle so I don't go killing myself head first on a bomber if I go that path later on :)

Hey proper, cowardlyduck did some work on his ride way back in an earlier post to make it less susceptible to water - might be worth a look:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=3275#p716803

stritzky said:

Yep well doggy its been on there bfor i remember as the bidding went up to 24k, i spoke to original owner he wanted 10k fully loaded bomber it was, but thats fake i shall report it
Send moneys to this email yea yea what a scam!!!
In fact its all coming back to me now original owner said stands him in 16500k he take 9-10k i think,to much for me.
This scamer if u ask him a buy it now price he will say £2-3 k joker

Hey guys,

I've just signed up as new member to these boards. Am living in London at the moment and ride a GoCycle (if any of you have heard of those?) Don't feel the range is great and the lack of suspension makes me worried given the motor is in the front wheel.

Anyway, I'm off for a test drive on Wednesday for a new Bomber from EvoBike (and reviews of them?) and may grab it if I like it. Just got a few questions for all you Bomber owners. Sorry if some have been asked before but 365 pages of a thread is, well, a lot.

1. What kind of range are you guys getting and at what average speeds? Do you pedal assist much? Do you find your juice starts dying if you don't assist?

2. Anyone got theirs insured? The thing looks like an arse to chain up given the lack of bar gaps. What are people using? I use a Kryptonite chain on my GC.

3. Given how fast these beasts seem capable of going, what sort of protection are people using. I have a TLD D2 at the moment, which is designed for DH rides. 50mph seems more into moped territory than biking. Moto helmets?

4. How does everyone find the combination of throttle and pedalling? Does it take some getting used to? My GC requires pedalling in order to get the motor to kick in. Not as cool but does mean you don't have to think about it.

5. Anyone got any beginner advice/ tips/ pros and cons?

Any answers would be mucho appreciato. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the future.

Ry.

ryrideswhat said:
1. What kind of range are you guys getting and at what average speeds? Do you pedal assist much? Do you find your juice starts dying if you don't assist?

I used to do a 45km round trip at an average of 45 to 50km/h. Never came close to running out of range, but I never fully tested the limits. Fairly flat riding.

ryrideswhat said:
2. Anyone got theirs insured? The thing looks like an arse to chain up given the lack of bar gaps. What are people using? I use a Kryptonite chain on my GC.

I had a Kryponite chain, used to thread it through the seat post. It was the only place I could find on the frame to use.

ryrideswhat said:
3. Given how fast these beasts seem capable of going, what sort of protection are people using. I have a TLD D2 at the moment, which is designed for DH rides. 50mph seems more into moped territory than biking. Moto helmets?

I used to wear just a bicycle helmet, which probably wasn't sensible, but I used to pretend it was a bicycle, so I could ride it on road.

ryrideswhat said:
4. How does everyone find the combination of throttle and pedalling? Does it take some getting used to? My GC requires pedalling in order to get the motor to kick in. Not as cool but does mean you don't have to think about it.

I used to start with the motor, then change up gears while pedalling. One risk - sometimes after a long trip my knees used to hurt, but that I worked out was because I would be cruising in top gear while pedalling, then slow down on the throttle, but keep pedalling in high gear. It was only after I finished riding that I realised I must have been straining my knees.

ryrideswhat said:

Do not get caught in the rain/ get the bike wet without somehow substantially making it waterproof! Others can advise on how.....
do not let someone inexperienced ride it, unless they really know what they are doing.....
and have fun!

ryrideswhat said:
Hey guys,

I've just signed up as new member to these boards. Am living in London at the moment and ride a GoCycle (if any of you have heard of those?) Don't feel the range is great and the lack of suspension makes me worried given the motor is in the front wheel.

Anyway, I'm off for a test drive on Wednesday for a new Bomber from EvoBike (and reviews of them?) and may grab it if I like it. Just got a few questions for all you Bomber owners. Sorry if some have been asked before but 365 pages of a thread is, well, a lot.

Any answers would be mucho appreciato. Looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the future.

Ry.

Hi and Welcome.

1. The average distance i get out of one charge is somewhere around 45 km. But i do live in a place that is extremely hilly. And i like speed.

4. You get used to it very quickly. And then it gets to be second nature.

5. Yes. The ground clearance on the Bomber is quite high. So i would deficiently recommend a dropper seat-post. So that you can get the most out of your riding experience. I'm not a tall guy, 180cm But if i were to install the seat in the correct height in reference to the pedals. My feet would not be able to touch the ground. And that can be a serious traffic hazard with such a heavy bike. With has a very sensitive throttle. I went with the RockShock Rewerb but the KS should also be a very good dropper seat-post.

1abv said:
Woot,
I think what you posted is everyone's first post... Which one?... I rode a fighter and own a bomber.. I do 90% off 10% on road and the 10% is just getting to more dirt.. I'm very happy with the bomber it has the range I need... Once my pack is dead side love to get even more... As far as the weight if you are an MX guy the bomber is insanely light..obviously the fighter even more so. If you like to climb hills/want range I would get the bomber.. The 9 speed is essential for some of the hills that I have nearby me.. Due to limited run up, steepness, and rocky terrain w/o pedal assist the bike wouldn't make it.. I couldnt imagine just a 2 speed....Now in general it is a rare that you will come up to something that you can't climb.. Think ttr or xr 80-125 area.

As far as peadling ive done close to ten miles more than once w/o power to see what it would be like.. Granted that was paved on flat ground.. But its not that bad once you get going.

As far as thinking of modding I would get what you need from the get go. I have no electrical knowledge and just want to ride... Less into building more riding...

Either way these are badd ass bitches! You will love eiteher of them.. Just buy one!!!!!

Dont underestimate the Fighters two speed bottom bracket and smaller battery and hub motor, here is a video of my dad and I climbing 1100 feet elevation in about 1.5 miles. Towards the end you can see my dad stall out the Bomber and I pass him. Of course I was pedaling and working it to pass. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvQu6Kwpu7A

Emmett said:
Hey this thread is obviously insanely long. It feels weird posting anything, because anything anyone writes is off topic in some way. There are a 1000 topics in this one thread. If the name means anything, then this thread/topic was originally intended to contain photos and videos of Steath E-bikes. Sure there are many pics, but it's also such a mess.

I want to ask about seat options for the Fighter. But I wont, because there are already 10 active topics in this one thread. changing the subject is in many ways rude. But what to do?
I'm a new user, but the fix seems simple. I don't even know if someone has suggested this already because I don't have the patience to search a zillon posts.
1. A moderator creates a forum named "E-bike Stealth Topics". Then inside it interested people could create separate threads for different topics? Like "Bomber sag settings", or "My cool timber look", or "My Fighter axle problem", etc.
2. The moderator puts a freeze on this thread preventing more posts, with a final post referring and linking to the new forum.

Flame me if I deserve it. I just don't get it, and had to ask.

As some of you guys know, I recently emailed John K from Stealth about a frame only DIY option. John replied to me, didn't say much about it, but didn't say no either. Anyway he asked what I though about a Stealth only thread for each model and specific data on everything. Some of the benefits John K mentioned were the ones cited by Emmet in his post above. It was pretty neat to get this question asked by the man himself, so I responded and said I think it would be a great idea and would inquire on ES and see what others think. So would their be an intrest for Stealth do something like this on their site? I think part of the challenge would be to get everyone over to the Stealth forum. I think if it was set it up from Stealth, and they create the headings, don't over sensor the material that goes up, it could work. Anyway let me know what you guys think. I will email out the general consensus.

Rick

Gah, keep reading more and more posts and I'm like "Yes, I should get the bomber"... 5 posts later I'm like "Yes, I should get the fighter".

Your posts are very helpful and there's a tonne of knowledge buried in this thread - good reading - thanks. :mrgreen:

Thinking I might get a new one before the free headlight deal expires... just the million dollar question remains :p

Rix said:
Emmett said:
Hey this thread is obviously insanely long. It feels weird posting anything, because anything anyone writes is off topic in some way. There are a 1000 topics in this one thread. If the name means anything, then this thread/topic was originally intended to contain photos and videos of Steath E-bikes. Sure there are many pics, but it's also such a mess.

I want to ask about seat options for the Fighter. But I wont, because there are already 10 active topics in this one thread. changing the subject is in many ways rude. But what to do?
I'm a new user, but the fix seems simple. I don't even know if someone has suggested this already because I don't have the patience to search a zillon posts.
1. A moderator creates a forum named "E-bike Stealth Topics". Then inside it interested people could create separate threads for different topics? Like "Bomber sag settings", or "My cool timber look", or "My Fighter axle problem", etc.
2. The moderator puts a freeze on this thread preventing more posts, with a final post referring and linking to the new forum.

Flame me if I deserve it. I just don't get it, and had to ask.

As some of you guys know, I recently emailed John K from Stealth about a frame only DIY option. John replied to me, didn't say much about it, but didn't say no either. Anyway he asked what I though about a Stealth only thread for each model and specific data on everything. Some of the benefits John K mentioned were the ones cited by Emmet in his post above. It was pretty neat to get this question asked by the man himself, so I responded and said I think it would be a great idea and would inquire on ES and see what others think. So would their be an intrest for Stealth do something like this on their site? I think part of the challenge would be to get everyone over to the Stealth forum. I think if it was set it up from Stealth, and they create the headings, don't over sensor the material that goes up, it could work. Anyway let me know what you guys think. I will email out the general consensus.

Rick

Rick, what do you think about what Sam posted? That way (like how it is here) no manufacture control of what is posted.. ever? Would hate to have everyone migrate over then later get censored.

http://www.stealthforum.com

Rix said:

Rick

Personally I like forums, so I'm for the idea no matter how it works out, but I have doubts it would work very well if it's owned by the factory. The biggest obstacle is there's just not enough of us. The best forums have thousands of members. How many Stealth owners have posted in this thread? Is there even 50 different ones? Another problem is factory's tend, maybe out of necessity, to over moderate, which comes across as overbearing censorship. There's always some poor soul that had a bad experience, most of the time caused by his own hand, that wants to grind his axe regardless of who's really at fault.

I think a better idea would be a totally independent, but dedicated Stealth electric bikes forum. Something along the lines of xlforum.net, an independent forum dedicated to Harley Sportster's. There you can praise your bike to high heaven, of piss and moan about what a crap pile it is to your hearts content, and it's no sweat to Harley one way or another. Even so there can be special forums within the forum, sponsored by company's that sell Stealth bikes, and accessories, including the factory, where the sponsoring company gets to moderate their own part of the forum as they please, independent of the rest of the forum.

The problem I see with my great idea is, they've been making Sportster's continuously since 1957, so there's many thousands of owner's, and former owners. How many Stealth bikes are there again?

I regard to this million dollar question, what should I buy, a Fighter, or Bomber? No one can really answer this question except yourself. Everyone's needs are different, so the best bike for you, may not be the best bike for me.

But this is an inescapable reality, a Bomber is the greatest production electric bicycle ever made to date. At least the greatest one the common man can afford, barely. I know that won't sit well with everyone, but it's the truth. No other electric bicycle has a prayer of out performing one. The question is, do you really need so much bike?

In my case, I do. My jungle is full of man eaters driving bone crushing SUV's, texting on cell phones every minute of the day. If you're riding anywhere near bicycle speeds on the street, even the cops will run over you just to teach you a lesson. At night the traffic isn't quite as bad, but then the drunks are out looking for someone run over, while texting on their cell phones. Half of them are illegals with no insurance, and no drivers license, but they all have two ton pick up trucks, and cell phones. A mechanical failure miles from home could be fatal. It would be a relief if all I had to worry about was a dark trail with an hundred foot drop off, and an occasional 800 lb kangaroo jumping out from behind a bush on top of my ass.

So, for me here's no question, I need a silent running Stealth Bomber that fly's fast, and low, under the radar of the predators inhabiting my densely populated cement jungle. It's my life, and that's how I roll.

Have you heard of the Spy Bike Integrated trackers, GPS tracking device? I've been watching this for about a year. I like the one for the steerer tube the best. 6 months ago it was too long to fit a Bomber steerer tube, but they've apparently redesigned it, and it's a lot shorter. Now it will fit.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEeQCe2F_1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQm33yJbao#t=102

woot81 said:
Hey proper, cowardlyduck did some work on his ride way back in an earlier post to make it less susceptible to water - might be worth a look:
Yup...but if you still want a key switch, and want full water proofing, you will need to get creative. One option I thought of (but didn't end up doing) was to use a dummy (Pacifier) cap...
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=3275#p717060
P1060288.jpg

But that didn't work out for me as it would not stay on. I also had limited success with a door stop...till it fell off whilst riding never to be seen again.
Another option, if your not worried about security, is a water proof button.
The ignition hole is just a standard 19mm diameter hole so any button, or key switch should work. Just don't get the 19mm switch with 16mm shaft like I did...the shaft also needs to be 19mm for it to fit properly. :)

Rix said:
I think the idea is good, but not if it's hosted/moderated by Stealth. As others have mentioned it can mean over censoring if the manufacturer has the final say on what is posted or not.
Even if Stealth promised to keep it open and not overly moderate (and I trust that John K would try and do that) the forum, that would not prevent any future owners of the Stealth brand from censoring or taking down negative comments in the future. For those that have been on ES for some time, we would all remember a similar experience back in 2011 which ultimately ended up in Justin owning these forums. Imagine if that same scenario played out with a Stealth forum...and I would say it's more likely to happen to Stealth than ES...again.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
woot81 said:
Yup...but if you still want a key switch, and want full water proofing, you will need to get creative. One option I thought of (but didn't end up doing) was to use a dummy (Pacifier) cap...
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=3275#p717060
P1060288.jpg

But that didn't work out for me as it would not stay on. I also had limited success with a door stop...till it fell off whilst riding never to be seen again.
Another option, if your not worried about security, is a water proof button.
The ignition hole is just a standard 19mm diameter hole so any button, or key switch should work. Just don't get the 19mm switch with 16mm shaft like I did...the shaft also needs to be 19mm for it to fit properly. :)

Rix said:
I think the idea is good, but not if it's hosted/moderated by Stealth. As others have mentioned it can mean over censoring if the manufacturer has the final say on what is posted or not.
Even if Stealth promised to keep it open and not overly moderate (and I trust that John K would try and do that) the forum, that would not prevent any future owners of the Stealth brand from censoring or taking down negative comments in the future. For those that have been on ES for some time, we would all remember a similar experience back in 2011 which ultimately ended up in Justin owning these forums. Imagine if that same scenario played out with a Stealth forum...and I would say it's more likely to happen to Stealth than ES...again.

Cheers
Thanks CD! I bought some fenders last night and used two plastic bags and pierced a hole with the key. Covers my CA screen and although it needs some finessing, helped out a lot on my ride last night in the rain.

I have been thinking on mounting a horn of some sort on my Bomber. I am starting to be quit feed up with people ignoring bicycle bells. Have any of you out there some good experience with that, that they would like to share ?

What about using a 6V electric Horn ?

Back