E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

boars said:
Gah, keep reading more and more posts and I'm like "Yes, I should get the bomber"... 5 posts later I'm like "Yes, I should get the fighter".

Your posts are very helpful and there's a tonne of knowledge buried in this thread - good reading - thanks. :mrgreen:

Thinking I might get a new one before the free headlight deal expires... just the million dollar question remains :p

Hey Boars, with all the imput you have read over the last few hundred pages, if you still don't know which one to get, flip a quarter, I can tell you as well as others from personal eperience, which ever one you go with, you will like either way. I had the Bomber, and now the Fighter. Bomber is at my dads house getting the $h!t rode out of it. I think he is going to hit the 10,000 mile mark soon, or about 16,000 kms. Anway if you like two wheels with a motor, you will like eihter the Fighter or the Bomber. BTW, in 2011, I was where you were at right now. You think its difficult now, once you order, the waiting really starts, all I can say is, its worth.

Rick

remf said:
I think it's a great idea...if Rick moderates :idea:

I wouldl volunteer my services as an adminstrator. :p

So if I am hearing everyones' responses correctly, sensorship is the key? Or not being sensored? I think the only thing that would be sensored would be comments like Bikerloosey posted about Stealth not making/manufacturing anything, or the other guy that had warranty issues on ghost bikes with no frame numbers. those comments didn't help anyone, and I can help to wonder if those folks were from the competion trying to bad mouth Stealth, as nothing else makes sense. I will PM Stealth and pass the concerns along and see what they say.

Rick

I think one reason someone would come on a Stealth forum to bad mouth Stealth's is, because it you own some other brand it's hard not to hate a damn Stealth bike.

stritzky said:
I have been thinking on mounting a horn of some sort on my Bomber. I am starting to be quit feed up with people ignoring bicycle bells. Have any of you out there some good experience with that, that they would like to share ?

What about using a 6V electric Horn ?

The horn that is very well regarded by auto,truck,motorcycle and scooter riders is the Stebel Nautilus.It WILL get you heard! Many a scooter riders have replaced their puny sounding factory horns with the Stebel.I have as yet to read of any disappointment.

Simply google Stebel Nautilus.

Tim

Lost 3 screws to my side panel on a rough ride this morning. Are they easy to purchase or custom to Stealth? Could I get them at Home Depot?

proper159 said:
Lost 3 screws to my side panel on a rough ride this morning. Are they easy to purchase or custom to Stealth? Could I get them at Home Depot?

They're just your average old M6 button head bolt.

Theodore Voltaire said:
proper159 said:

They're just your average old M6 button head bolt.
Perfect thanks TV.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Have you heard of the Spy Bike Integrated trackers, GPS tracking device? I've been watching this for about a year. I like the one for the steerer tube the best. 6 months ago it was too long to fit a Bomber steerer tube, but they've apparently redesigned it, and it's a lot shorter. Now it will fit.

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEeQCe2F_1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQm33yJbao#t=102

Yeah have looked at that one a few years back. I really need a Tracker on my bike/kid as I never have the guts to leave it outside for more than 30min
You should post your suggestion here!
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63391

Rix said:
remf said:

So if I am hearing everyones' responses correctly, sensorship is the key? Or not being sensored? I think the only thing that would be sensored would be comments like Bikerloosey posted about Stealth not making/manufacturing anything, or the other guy that had warranty issues on ghost bikes with no frame numbers. those comments didn't help anyone, and I can help to wonder if those folks were from the competion trying to bad mouth Stealth, as nothing else makes sense. I will PM Stealth and pass the concerns along and see what they say.

Rick

The forum should be devided in a few sub cat. like:
Fighter
---------
Motor (motor alternatives and motor problems)
Electronics(Computer, controller, cable, bike wont run problems)
Mechanics(suspension, frame, tyres)

I really hate to have information on different places. So ES should open up a new subforum for this. Of course for those who are not interested in other related EV stuff, could might as well browse to a Stealth.com forum. But this would not work for me as I am a one spot guy.
Actually, Stealth had a forum before but it was super dead in there:

Not sure how all of you guys access the forum but I read 98% of the time on my phone using Taptalk forum app. Allows me to reply and get notified really quickly when someone posts something new. Hopefully the new forum is compatible with Taptalk.

Anyone know what the max rider (with gear and suff) weight is on the bomber?

ryrideswhat said:
Anyone know what the max rider (with gear and suff) weight is on the bomber?

When I first got my Bomber, I was 260 pounds, naked. With camel back and tools, I was around 280-285. It worked just fine. Now I am down to 240-245, or about 265 with camel back and tools, I ride a Fighter now as well, it works just fine.

Allex said:
Rix said:
remf said:

Rick

The forum should be devided in a few sub cat. like:
Fighter
---------
Motor (motor alternatives and motor problems)
Electronics(Computer, controller, cable, bike wont run problems)
Mechanics(suspension, frame, tyres)

I really hate to have information on different places. So ES should open up a new subforum for this. Of course for those who are not interested in other related EV stuff, could might as well browse to a Stealth.com forum. But this would not work for me as I am a one spot guy.
Actually, Stealth had a forum before but it was super dead in there:

Thats a great example Allex. I emailed Stealth, they are considering my offer to be a moderator. Stealth doesn't have any problems with the negative coments and if they allow me, I will handle censorship. Comments like Bikerloosey and that other clown that had a Fighter and Bomber and allegidly couldn't get any assistance from Stealth, and couldn't provide frame numbers to support his allegations,would be scrubbed. In otherwords, I would be acting as a bull$h!t filter. Still, if someone really wants to complain and MSU (make $h!t up) about Stealth, they will still have ES to do it on. In addition to specific tech data searches, one of Stealth's goal with a tech thread specific for all its models is to provided the latest data, dispell BS rumers, increase general information about the product, and encourage owners take possesionship for being a part of a group of people that own the best turn key ebike out there. I think it would be a great asset for us, and whats the worst that could happen? Nothing. Its not like we have to turn in our ES account and log in. Just another avenue for us. If Stealth does this, I will be as active as I can on there, just like I am and will continue to be here on ES.

Just in case there are any concerns, this was cut and pasted from the email I got from Stealth.

"With the forums, if we do it we will stay off the threads unless absolutely necessary and may only go on there to clarify things if there's a debate going on. ie. That Samer guy who wanted DVO Emeralds with the 1 18" steerer tube. We could have wrapped that up in 1 post. (It's on the DVO website... they can make them with 1 1/8" steerer). We won't delete anything. There's nothing on the existing ES thread that I would have deleted anyway. We will leave that up to the moderators who will all be ES natives. I would choose 3.

We know that there were some communication issues for customers in the USA over the last few years and the ES forum helped us to identify that. It took a little while but we think we addressed it accordingly. So there's no reason why we should censor this type of thing.

It will give us a good pathway to post, categorise and reference technical information, get feedback and respond accordingly. We see a whole lot of talking and theories sometimes that just confuse people and unnecessarily roll on for pages. For some generic issues ie. (I got caught in the rain and now the screen stays on), Tech support can respond directly on the forum. This does 2 things. 1) Helps others who are having the same issue work through it very quickly, which saves time and frustration for the customer, 2) Our tech support only needs to respond to it once, and then they can point future customers with the same issue straight to that post if they come in via email. This will save some work at our end as well.

We want to use it as a tool to improve our products and service and grow the Stealth community. Not as a censored promo tool. I don't believe in censorship any more than the rest of the ES guys. In fact, it pisses me off. I would prefer to stand there and take the abuse, and then work through it than pretend it never happened. I wouldn't have even done anything about Bikerloosey because the ES guys straightened him out on their own. And if it's a genuine gripe, then we need to hear it... and so do prospective customers. That's different to people having a long term chip on their shoulders which we do see on the thread sometimes. But if they're still riding a Stealth bike then their arguments are somewhat diluted. Most of the guys on ES have their own internal compass (which has been calibrated) and they have better things to do. So that is not a concern of ours.

By driving it from our side, we can have our inhouse web guy structure the forum in a way that everything flows and is easy to read and retrieve. (He's a pro MX'er so he knows how to logically break down troubleshooting. If the structure or layout needs to change, we can do it on the fly and refine it to suit. And we're open to suggestions on it.

I'm thinking that we can have a few first level headings. Bomber, Fighter and maybe Hurricane. As subheadings and 2nd or 3rd levels we would have something like Frame>>Main frame>>Subframe>Swingarm, Wheels>>Front>>>Rims>>>Tyres >>Rear>>>Rims>>>Tyres, Suspension>>Front>>>RST>>>MRP >>Rear>>>DNM, Brakes>>Magura>>Gator, Electrics>>>Battery>>>Controller>>>Motor and then there would be space for more general issues like Sidecover bolt sizes. We would even have a quick reference page for torque settings and bolt sizes etc. We would also allow for cross linking because some components are the same.. ie. RST forks or Magura MT-2. Cross linking to ES is not out of the question either. ES is there for everyone to use and Justin does a great job with it. We're all trying to push human mobility in the same direction. A lot of the technical stuff on there is not a lot different to what's on the Stealth bikes. As long as Justin gives it the thumbs up then we have no issue with it.

The other way we could structure it is to start a new thread for every issue that may arise... I'm not sure what the best way to go with it is, but I've got about 24 hours of interstate driving to do over the next few days so I'll have time to think about it.

How about we give it 3 months? If the ES guys think we're playing games with it, they can always go back to ES or wherever they want to. It will take some time to get the structure perfected and not eveyone will be satisfied 100% of the time, but we're committed to making it work for everyone and not use it to blow our own trumpets. If everyone's opposed to it then I also understand and you guys can do it your own way."

Rick

Man that's actually pretty exciting Rick. I think you'll be a good moderator, and I salute Stealth for their courage. Obviously their success is no fluke. Sounds like we're going to have a great new forum. I'm looking forward to it, and I do agree that these wonderful electric bikes, the best in the world, deserve their own forum.

For all you bomber peeps out there. Is there a spacer of some kind between the motor and the brake rotor? When I got the bike it had very thin almost paper thin washers there and that was it. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a spacer there. Thanks

Put up a pic as not sure,

In regard to new forum perfect idea,as that was the one thing i was worred about spending alot of £ with out much back up, as im in uk theres only email to stealth,but when i found this forum it was a god send, now my batterys sorted and other issues

1abv said:
For all you bomber peeps out there. Is there a spacer of some kind between the motor and the brake rotor? When I got the bike it had very thin almost paper thin washers there and that was it. I'm wondering if there is supposed to be a spacer there. Thanks

Mine has one. There's a spacer between the motor and rotor that's about 1/8" thick. It's not obvious because it's black like the motor. I figured out it was there when I changed my brake rotor.

woot81 said:
Thanks for all the input, has certainly helped convince myself I should go for the fighter.

Since I don't want to void the warranty it gives me at least 12 months to read up on upgrades and battery options before tweaking - by then im sure there will be some substantial improvements in battery tech and I will have a better understanding of what does what.

It also gives me time to get accustom to having a throttle so I don't go killing myself head first on a bomber if I go that path later on :)

Hey proper, cowardlyduck did some work on his ride way back in an earlier post to make it less susceptible to water - might be worth a look:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=3275#p716803
Like a few others I also couldn`t make up my mind , actually put my money down on a Bomber first then changed my order to a Fighter . I`m happy with my Fighter except for when I go riding with my mate who bought a Bomber ( The dirty rat ) . Start a long climb & the Bomber can cruise away from a Fighter

Re: another stealth forum, I'm inclined to say just do it here so it's one less forum membership I have to sign up to, but I'll still sign up either way if it looks like it'll be properly used and populated. That's the real key IMO, you can't have a community without active members and from the brief times I stuck my head in on the existing stealth forum that seemed to be an issue there.

If we DID stay here the easiest way to manage it would be to have a few dedicated threads, probably most suitably in the technical section. Fighter specific technical issues, bomber specific, general stealth and maybe one for stealth mods. The benefit of keeping it here is you occasionally will get non-stealth owner but general ebike experts add their 2c worth which can be useful.
If stealth want to do it, not that I've got any business telling them how to run their shit, but I'd suggest doing something similar is probably the easiest.
Stuff like general stealth discussion could cover things that are the same across the models (like bolt info, CA / computer issues, tyre discussion etc etc) and then the other forums could be specific to each model - schlumpf talk in the fighter thread, vboxx talk in the bomber thread etc.
Then have another forum titled "so I voided my warranty..." :lol:
There's not THAT much discussion going on here that you need a million sub forums but as the kids these days say, what evs.

Hyena said:
Re: another stealth forum, I'm inclined to say just do it here so it's one less forum membership I have to sign up to, but I'll still sign up either way if it looks like it'll be properly used and populated. That's the real key IMO, you can't have a community without active members and from the brief times I stuck my head in on the existing stealth forum that seemed to be an issue there.

If we DID stay here the easiest way to manage it would be to have a few dedicated threads, probably most suitably in the technical section. Fighter specific technical issues, bomber specific, general stealth and maybe one for stealth mods. The benefit of keeping it here is you occasionally will get non-stealth owner but general ebike experts add their 2c worth which can be useful.
If stealth want to do it, not that I've got any business telling them how to run their shit, but I'd suggest doing something similar is probably the easiest.
Stuff like general stealth discussion could cover things that are the same across the models (like bolt info, CA / computer issues, tyre discussion etc etc) and then the other forums could be specific to each model - schlumpf talk in the fighter thread, vboxx talk in the bomber thread etc.
There's not THAT much discussion going on here that you need a million sub forums but as the kids these days say, what evs.
Totally agree with you Jay. More topics on ES would be my preference as well. That way everyone can chime in. I would say there is a far greater pool of knowledge on ES than would ever accumulate on a Stealth only forum.

Cheers

You're welcome to own the Stealth group on Google, I am the owner but just sold my Bomber a few months ago and its yours if you want it.

Sub groups are not an issue there.

PM me if interested.

Paul G

Hyena said:

Back