E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Well,
looks like I was correct and that's about as accurate as it can get with the CA. The reading isn't going to be as stable as the meter because the display is going off the shunt through the controller and then fed to the CA. Hence the jumps... and this I learned from Luke over at Stealth... smart fella..

P7-R suspension setup continues - now down at 47.5 psi in the front lol. Dynamic sag is 20% and it’s even better.

Every ride I’ve had appreciative comments from other riders. This is a very good looking bike that’s quick of the mark.

DC1 capacity/ range gauge gets a little confused with my charging routine of going to 80% on the battery and then with a quick top up in the morning just before I start riding. I’m not hitting the reset option in the menu as that seems to set the capacity meter to 100% instead of the actual level for 52.0 volts. As I’m only riding 40kms a day it’s no issue and I’ve plenty of range available.

Soo
Adjusting the remote shunt did it. Mine was set at 1.33 changed it to 1.00 now at 65a/5500 on the ca I’m seeing over 5000 fresh off the charger. Gonna test 60 fresh off late today.. but I could be on crack but it feels more powerful... I’m probably on crack. But I feel much better about it. Now my continuing work on the Kelly...

The biggest issue im having now is getting the correct sized fuse/DC breaker for the system...

Kelly rates everything at the phase side they said to put in a 100a fuse. the battery pack manufacturer said to put in a 50a fuse.
The battery wire looks to be 8AWG coming out of the kelly controller wouldn't that be 50-55A limit??
I don't get how a 50ah fuse/breaker can protect a pack that capable of 102.9a burst and 68.6 continuous with out constantly tripping. Once I get a fuse size I can out this thing together but I'm really unclear on this part. Esp because Stealth has no fuse between the battery and the controller..

Isn't the fuse there to protect the wiring only? Any help would be great.

thanks!

After studying the CA3 user manual I've come to the conclusion that all the important settings set up by the factory are good, and I don't plan to change any of them.

I have been playing with the adjustment for total battery amp hours though. I think all this setting does is calibrate the little battery icon on the left side of the screen. I never considered this icon very useful because I can't see it very well when I'm riding, and it never seemed accurate. Just for fun I decided to try adjusting it, and now I'm thinking if adjusted accurately it's real usefulness is that once adjusted accurately you can find out your battery's real world amp hours.

Set for 35ah the icon doesn't doesn't empty fast enough which tells me I don't really have 35 amp hours. I changed the setting to 32 ah, and then it showed empty a little too soon. What that is telling me is I have more than 32.

When I bought this battery the factory called it a 35 ah, but on paper these Sanyo cells work out to 34 ah, and I think my battery is actually a little less. Probably between 33, and 34 ah. Not that this is all that important, but it's just another way to tell how many ah your battery really has to plus or minus 1/2 ah.

Theodore Voltaire said:
After studying the CA3 user manual I've come to the conclusion that all the important settings set up by the factory are good, and I don't plan to change any of them.

I have been playing with the adjustment for total battery amp hours though. I think all this setting does is calibrate the little battery icon on the left side of the screen. I never considered this icon very useful because I can't see it very well when I'm riding, and it never seemed accurate. Just for fun I decided to try adjusting it, and now I'm thinking if adjusted accurately it's real usefulness is that once adjusted accurately you can find out your battery's real world amp hours.

Set for 35ah the icon doesn't doesn't empty fast enough which tells me I don't really have 35 amp hours. I changed the setting to 32 ah, and then it showed empty a little too soon. What that is telling me is I have more than 32.

When I bought this battery the factory called it a 35 ah, but on paper these Sanyo cells work out to 34 ah, and I think my battery is actually a little less. Probably between 33, and 34 ah. Not that this is all that important, but it's just another way to tell how many ah your battery really has to plus or minus 1/2 ah.

This makes a lot of sense after I just did some research on the Sanyo GA cells, and what I learned probably applies to most other cells too. Most everyone selling them refer to them as 3500 mah, but the actual specs fall between 3350, and 3450, and can be as little as 3300 mah. Duh, which ones do you think a cheap chinese battery factory would use? I'm not knocking my battery though, because I've been very happy with it.

Yesterday I rode this ride. There was 3 Sur Ron's, a Kuberg Ranger, my bike, and a bunch of 50 bizillion Kw electric unicycles.

186537396-10158707290213355-4442621928192687219-n.jpg

1abv - riding it on pavement. Concrete and asphalt paths that have been lifted or cracked by tree roots, with a few hills and with the occasional kerb. So 40+ kmh with sharp bumps, some compressions, deep braking but no jumps. I’ve set the shockwiz up to get a ‘playful’ tune using a fair bit of suspension travel.

It’s great so far with no pogo, bottom out, bouncing etc and zero hand numbness after the commute.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Yesterday I rode this ride. There was 3 Sur Ron's, a Kuberg Ranger, my bike, and a bunch of 50 bizillion Kw electric unicycles.

186537396-10158707290213355-4442621928192687219-n.jpg

Weelll that's just iroical cause Fast and Furious 9 released in china on Friday..... and I bet all those controllers, batterys and motors are made in china... get it????? duplicitous

Those electric unicycles are fast, but this ride is a different group, with a different nuance. This is One Wheel Pint Night. One Wheels are a slower different kind of ride than the high power unicycles. One wheels come in 2 verities, XRs, and lower powered Pints. Pint night rides are slower, more relaxing rides attended by all kinds of e people. One wheels, unicycles, eSk8s, and eBikes are all welcome. I like this ride a lot too.

[youtube]7_lAwxmLsaU[/youtube]

I finally wore out the front brake pads so it was time to install my new 4 piston Shimano XT caliper. The 2 piston caliper was plenty strong, and this one feels a little better, but the main deficiency of my 2 piston, was poor heat management, not power. It was hell for strong, but only for one or two hard stops. Then it started to fade quickly, and start stinking. I'm hoping this one won't have that problem.

I also installed a new slightly longer hose, and the caliper came with the more fancy ventilated pads

XT8200.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
I finally wore out the front brake pads so it was time to install my new 4 piston Shimano XT caliper. The 2 piston caliper was plenty strong, and this one feels a little better, but the main deficiency of my 2 piston, was poor heat management, not power. It was hell for strong, but only for one or two hard stops. Then it started to fade quickly, and start stinking. I'm hoping this one won't have that problem.

I also installed a new slightly longer hose, and the caliper came with the more fancy ventilated pads

XT8200.jpg

That little 2 piston probably would work great on most bicycles, but this bike is a big moose

I’m in search of a headlight for my f37. The one stealth sells looks nice and compact but very pricey. Any opinions on it? Also anyone successfully hardwire a headlight to run off the bike battery to keep the clutter down?

The one I have is actually amazing and relatively cheap. It has a daylight mode, low and high beams and works up to 60 volts. I can not for the life of me figure out why everyone doesn’t have one??? Not a cheap piece of crap either. Very well made, lighting is great, daytime-low-high function works well and the mount is very, very solid. This light is very, very bright! I’m installing blinkers and tail/stop light and wanted a low/high light to complete the package. I wasn’t ready to fork over the $400+ cash for the best available Supernova M99 pro……this at 1/4 of the price is the next best thing. I do have the Supernova tail light though…..very well made unit. https://ebikes.ca/spl-01-1900-lumen-ebike-light.html And to boot it’s from our sponsor Justin/ebikes.ca so what a great way to get one of the most advanced lights available for a great price while supporting this great forum you found out about this on!!!

I know….I sound like an info-mercial but it’s a great ebike find.

Tom

P.s. don’t notice the wires……it’s a work in progress & not hooked up.

Attachments

• F2EF0A40-EAE2-4AC6-AADE-C98063590FA6.jpeg
    F2EF0A40-EAE2-4AC6-AADE-C98063590FA6.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 307
Last night i awoke to a clatter.....Ran down the stairs I did too see what was the matter!! Out front a truck donning Amazon colors Dropped of a package... My heart was aflutter...

I grabbethed my shoes and flew out the door and pick up the package the label I could not ignore...

My name ablazen upon the address.. I questioned my self but no purchase I made I must confess.

I ran round the house asking the inhabitants if a purchase they made...but all said no! This riddle did evade.....me (just go with it it kinda rhymes)

I tore open the package and to my dismay... 2 sets of tassels so I could change them on my mood....hooray!!! ( I know Im reaching)

A picture I post for all to see... Do the tassels make my bike pop I ask of thee??

51203251009_1f5b5730eb.jpg

I think I know who the ne'er-do-well is who sent such a gift to me...... I leave him to confess his crimes in front of a jury of his peers tee hee?

Haha you do sound a little like an infomercial but with the specs you mentioned, I don’t blame you. No converter needed, bright, and affordable? Can’t really ask for more. I’m not the best at electrical, how do you plan to wire it up? Thanks!
litespeed said:
The one I have is actually amazing and relatively cheap. It has a daylight mode, low and high beams and works up to 60 volts. I can not for the life of me figure out why everyone doesn’t have one??? Not a cheap piece of crap either. Very well made, lighting is great, daytime-low-high function works well and the mount is very, very solid. This light is very, very bright! I’m installing blinkers and tail/stop light and wanted a low/high light to complete the package. I wasn’t ready to fork over the $400+ cash for the best available Supernova M99 pro……this at 1/4 of the price is the next best thing. I do have the Supernova tail light though…..very well made unit. https://ebikes.ca/spl-01-1900-lumen-ebike-light.html And to boot it’s from our sponsor Justin/ebikes.ca so what a great way to get one of the most advanced lights available for a great price while supporting this great forum you found out about this on!!!

I know….I sound like an info-mercial but it’s a great ebike find.

Tom

P.s. don’t notice the wires……it’s a work in progress & not hooked up.

Cozen89 said:
I’m in search of a headlight for my f37. The one stealth sells looks nice and compact but very pricey. Any opinions on it? Also anyone successfully hardwire a headlight to run off the bike battery to keep the clutter down?

A headlight, and taillight was one of the first things I added. My very bright headlight is so old I don't think it's available any longer, but the one in this link is similar, with the exception it has a built in converter, while my original headlight came with an external one. I'm using the same converter to power my taillight, which is mounted at the back of my seat. I also have a second rechargeable taillight under my seat that I like because it works as a stop light. My bike came with a power take off for lights, but the newer ones don't have that. Stealth should add one, because even off road riders ride at night. The factory $500 rechargeable light is bullcrap. I fabbed my own mounts, and power switch switch. The button on the right turns on the lights. In all I paid less than $50 for everything.

XT8000-front-view.jpg

tailight.jpg

Skull-electronaut.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LEORX-12V-80V-Motorcycle-Headlight-Accessories/dp/B00XVAEP8E/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=ebike+headlight&qid=1621977007&sr=8-7

1abv said:
Last night i awoke to a clatter.....Ran down the stairs I did too see what was the matter!! Out front a truck donning Amazon colors Dropped of a package... My heart was aflutter...

I grabbethed my shoes and flew out the door and pick up the package the label I could not ignore...

My name ablazen upon the address.. I questioned my self but no purchase I made I must confess.

I ran round the house asking the inhabitants if a purchase they made...but all said no! This riddle did evade.....me (just go with it it kinda rhymes)

I tore open the package and to my dismay... 2 sets of tassels so I could change them on my mood....hooray!!! ( I know Im reaching)

A picture I post for all to see... Do the tassels make my bike pop I ask of thee??

51203251009_1f5b5730eb.jpg

I think I know who the ne'er-do-well is who sent such a gift to me...... I leave him to confess his crimes in front of a jury of his peers tee hee?

Those are for girl bikes

Yeah right now I just picked up a rechargeable tail light with a built in accelerometer to light up when stopping. It would be nice to be able to hard wire one tho as remembering to charge the bike and 2-3 accessories may get old after awhile. Or maybe it’s just me getting old and I want to simplify life 😬
Theodore Voltaire said:
Cozen89 said:

A headlight, and taillight was one of the first things I added. My very bright headlight is so old I don't think it's available any longer, but the one in this link is similar, with the exception it has a built in converter, while my original headlight came with an external one. I'm using the same converter to power my taillight, which is mounted at the back of my seat. I also have a second rechargeable taillight under my seat that I like because it works as a stop light. My bike came with a power take off for lights, but the newer ones don't have that. Stealth should add one, because even off road riders ride at night. The factory $500 rechargeable light is bullcrap. I fabbed my own mounts, and power switch switch. The button on the right turns on the lights. In all I paid less than $50 for everything.

XT8000-front-view.jpg

tailight.jpg

Skull-electronaut.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/LEORX-12V-80V-Motorcycle-Headlight-Accessories/dp/B00XVAEP8E/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=ebike+headlight&qid=1621977007&sr=8-7

Back