E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I actually have gone up it. Once....Just once....
I have to pedal to make it for sure (1st gear) and there is a point where I have to push. The dirt out in cali is loose, sandy and rocky. Although with perfect hero dirt it would still be too much. There are a few very steep rock step ups that you can't see.
Honestly unless im being chased by a bear or there is ice cream at the top climbing hills like that is too brutal for the bike and I don't feel like pushing it up. The motor gets too hot and I have to wait too long to let it cool down. I try to find other less steep ways to go then go down the steep stuff.

51348937270_fd9ab6038c_c.jpg

Down in the valley....

LOL... you must be retired...LOL..!!

Soooo... on another note, let me ask you guys a somewhat related/un-related Stealth question. The Stealth Bike Owners thread has been open since late December of 2010, so call it, 2011... there has been over 18,000 posts in total, however, it "APPEARS", based on the number of posts in the last two years, and especially in 2021, that the Stealth following and publicity has dropped off significantly. Or, possibly I'm just missing other Forums or discussion threads, Youtube video's, etc outside of E-Sphere where Stealth bikes/Bombers are discussed. I found myself trying to research and scour other ebike forums, the web, Youtube, etc.. trying to educate myself and looking for troubleshooting information, modifications and aftermarket upgrades, etc.

While the Bomber is still regarded as the leader and baseline with regards to comparing the top of the line Performance eBikes, I see very little content in forums, youtube videos, etc.. that are specifically related to Stealth Bombers. I mean there is a handful of Youtube video (mostly marketing videos) and some riding videos, and a select few posts here and there that constantly compare their bikes to the Stealth Bomber. So my question is... why does it appear as though the following has dropped off, or possibly it didn't kick off as well as it should have for one of the top of the line performance ebikes. or maybe its my perception... Is it the cost, is it the limited support with the dealers...? I'm curious..

Dont get me wrong, I love the bike..!! I love the way it looks, I love the pedal feature at high speeds, the brakes, the performance etc.. but when it comes time for service/support or replacement parts, its challenging because the dealer usually has to contact Stealth...or you have to know people such as the Great group of guys on this forum..!! Now, take for example the Sur ron (which I'm NOT a fan of) only because it looks like an e-motorcycle and it would be a Huge issue if I were to try and ride that on the street like I do the Bomber. They (Sur ron) were established in 2014 and there is countless forums, user groups, videos and aftermarket companies that supply controllers, batteries, lighting, decals and how to's then you can shake a stick at. Please dont get me wrong, you guys on the forum that contribute and provide input and feedback are AWESOME. I've learned a ton from you guys and I can't thank you enough..!!

So my question is... based on social media and the very limited content and support of the Stealth branding, is Stealth a thing of the past or am I missing something...? Want to hear your thoughts..?

Hey welcome!
Gonna need more info to point you in a direction for that. What type of riding / skill and budget.

I installed a new Hook Worm on the back of my bike. It's taken me 3 days, because I always make a federal case out of a tire change. When the wheel is off is the only time you can clean some places. It's the clean up that makes it take so long.

Anyway, after getting it back together it took me 3 or 4 tries to get the alinement right. You'd think I'd be better at it by now. It seems like there's no way to actually measure anything and get it right. I've tried matching the torque plates in the swingarm, but that didn't work. I tried centering the rim in the swing arm, but that didn't work either. The only thing that works is just trial and error, sighting the wheel by eyeball. I call it good when I can ride with no hands, and it goes straight down the street, without me having to put extra weight on either side of the bike.

Almost 18,000 miles now, and it's never ran better. It took me forever, but I've finally exorcized all the demons out of my brakes. Now they're not only powerful, and quiet, but they're not the least bit finicky about staying that way after a tire or brake pad change.

I hope this doesn't end up sounding too egotistical, but the other day one of my neighbors was in front of his house with a group of his friends, showing off the Honda Ruckus he recently purchased. I don't know him very well, but since I live in the middle of the block, I pass by his house all the time. I'm sure he's seen me riding my bike many times. As luck would have it, on this occasion I overheard him loudly proclaim to his friends, "I want to race that bike" as I rode by. By the time what he said registered in my mind I had already turned the corner out of sight, but I didn't waste any time making a u turn. He looked a little surprised when he saw me riding up in his driveway.

He, and his friends are all less than half my age, so they're looking at me like I've got a third eye in the middle of my forehead. In order to cut the ice I made some polite comments about how nice his bike looked, which wasn't hard to do considering in a former life I could have been very attracted to a Ruckus. Soon enough I said I had to go, but if he wanted to race my bike I was game. That got everyone's attention, and he immediately jumped at the chance. We went a few houses down to the end of the block so we could race back by his driveway, and everyone could get a good view.

Up to this point I could tell they were all thinking what chance does an electric bicycle, with pedals no less, have against a gas bike that goes 40 mph? There's no way that any of them could have known that racing Rucki is one of my favoritest things to do on my bike LOL.

I built a 20p 12s battery pack for one of these stelth's aprox a year ago using cells from a Tesla Model S battery pack.
I had to file off a little from battery opening and it bulged past the side of the frame aprox 5mm each side but didnt look out of place. It made the bike very heavy but from full charge I couldnt use a full charge in 1 hit as it just went and went.
Bout to start on another 1 made the same just on a bit newer version of the stelth.
Any 1 interested in something similar in Australia let me know.
They not cheap but nobody makes cells as good as the Tesla ones and the Wh you get is massive compared to anything else

Duh, I don't know if I'll be using the Statorade any time soon. I was planning to install it after changing my rear tire, but the problem is the condensate holes. If I don't seal them up, it looks like the Statorade will leak out through them. What to do?

Theodore Voltaire said:
Duh, I don't know if I'll be using the Statorade any time soon. I was planning to install it after changing my rear tire, but the problem is the condensate holes. If I don't seal them up, it looks like the Statorade will leak out through them. What to do?

I didn’t use a “hole” but I can’t imagine it will leak out. It gets attracted to the magnetic pull of the magnets and that keeps it there. It’s not like you can pour it out after putting it in there.

May I ask why you have “condensate holes?” My motor is sealed up tighter than a frogs behind……..that was purely an assumption! 😬 No experience or experimental whatsoever!

Tom

Theodore Voltaire said:

Put it in. It wont leak out. The fluid is magnetic so it will stick to the magnets. Here is a pic. This is all of the fluid that I put in. It didn't go anywhere else but between the magnets. The whole idea of the fluid is that it stays between the magnets unlike trans fluid. BTW this pic is of the hub without either side plate attached sitting on my dirtbike stand so even with out side panels it doesn't leak

51298724602_fcc61bd5ff_c.jpg

Thanks 1abv, a picture is worth a thousand words. That being the case I guess it won't hurt to give the stuff a try. If it leaks out, it leaks out, so what?

Tom, the motor came stock with 2 condensate holes in the right side plate. I don't really know why they're there, but I assume they allow moisture a way to evaporate.

condensate-hole.jpg

Hmm……that’s weird Theodore, not sure there would ever be a reason for holes in the casing unless your regularly riding/driving through water.

I personally believe sealed up tight is right!

Tom

I put it in there. I didn't used the whole 10ml syringe. The instructions recommend 5ml, but since these motors are so big I put about 6 or 7 ml in there. I was temped to add the whole thing, but I thought I'll wait to see if I can detect any drag first.

I went on my first test ride, a hard 17 mile full throttle jaunt around town. The ambient temperature was 85 degrees, and overcast. When I pulled back into my garage and checked the motor shell temperature, I was surprised to see a very hot shell temp of 145 degrees, which ties the record highest temperature I've ever seen, but that previous record high was on a sunny 100 degree summer day.

My first reaction was to think this stuff wasn't doing anything, but after going back and reading the information of the Grin website, if I'm understanding correctly a hotter shell temperature is expected, because of greater conductivity between the stator, and magnets.

I typically have checked my motor temperature often with an infrared thermometer, so I'm pretty familiar with the typical running temperatures I should be seeing. I'll be able to make a better determination as more time goes on.

Also should mention that so far there's no noticeable leakage coming out of the motor, and I didn't notice any appreciable drag.

Did you buy the Hubsinks also? If not that will make a HUGE difference! They really compliment each other extremely well.

Tom

litespeed said:
Did you buy the Hubsinks also? If not that will make a HUGE difference! They really compliment each other extremely well.

Tom

Nah, I don't think I need any more cooling. Street riding doesn't stress this big motor very much.

1abv said:
51369879275_3719874546_c.jpg

51368110147_0bb69477d1_c.jpg

51368869906_ca1623e872_c.jpg

Pontiac hill....

These days I looked at what options are available to change the Bomber rear shock for something better than the DNM for off-road use.
I didn't find anything on the web.
Does exist a WP option with 295mm eye to eye and 50mm stroke?
1abv di you got the new rear shock with external reservoir you mentioned some time ago?

Someone has a good eye!
Yup that's the new shock. I haven't posted about it yet because im still working with Racetech to get it all dialed in to my liking.
its a g3 racetech shock. Once I get it all dialed in i'll fill everyone in on details etc... The quality of the shock is insane compared to the DNM. This is custom built shock. Apparently im the 2nd person to get one. Someone with a red bomber already has one.

Back