E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

@Tom - That's the thing.. I purchased the bike used so I have no baseline as to how it was when it was new, or anything to compare it to. As I mentioned, the guy that I bought it from used it mainly for off-road riding. It does feel a little saggy offline the and the top speed is about 42 MPH. I really never tracked the range so I can't provide that data. I guess saggy is speculative to the user riding the bike, hence my question of what stats are being used. For example... on a car, you can see if the headlights are dim, or slow cranking and gauge roughly 7 or so years on a battery depending on use. You can even do a load test and make a determination. However, as you know, a car battery is $200 vs an ebike battery, so if you if you replace your car battery and it turns out to be something else, its not that much of a shot in the foot.

@TV - You mentioned "you would have replaced it sooner if you could have found one"... I assume that you replaced it then...may I ask what you replaced it with..? Did you build your own, or purchase it... an for that matter, are you happy with it...?

@abv - My hubsinks came in this past week along with the Staterade. Lookiing at the hubsinks, I have 6 or so large heatsinks and one very small one. It just seems odd that they are all not sized the same. Would you have a picture of your hub with them on...? Thank you..!!

I also want to hear more about the sur ron run in as well..

StudRock said:
@TV - You mentioned "you would have replaced it sooner if you could have found one"... I assume that you replaced it then...may I ask what you replaced it with..? Did you build your own, or purchase it... an for that matter, are you happy with it...?

I've had it about a year and a half, and I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering the price. It has about 32 useable amp hours. I can ride at traffic speeds, and get 50 mile range at those speeds. One slight problem is the factory insists on installing a 120 amp Anderson connector which I replaced with a stock size 50 amp connector. If I was in the market for another battery for my Bomber today I would buy another one of these. They used a picture of my bike on their website to demonstrate how it fits in the frame. For stock power output it's more than enough, with a 100 amp bms. Sanyo is owned by Panasonic, and it's claimed there's no difference now between Sanyo, and Panasonic cells.

They offer it in two physical sizes, so be sure to tell them you need size #1. 350*120*140mm

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32921052191.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1ce64c4dyAa3Qq

BATTERY LIFE:
When your battery starts to die, your range and power will go to shit. I would wack the throttle and snap! all power is gone. When I say gone I mean the throttle stops working, the readout is dead because the pack hits LVC. Mine got to the point that I couldn't ride it more than 5-10 miles before it would die. I would disconnect the battery and re-connect to get it to limp home. I too bought a battery pack mine uses different cells than TV's mine are 21700 Samsung 50e. I think we both bought our packs at about the same time so I will be cool to see which one works better in the long run.

HUBSINKS:
The hubsinks are made that way. There is one piece that is smaller. Mine is the same.

RANGE:
I bought my bike used. On the stock battery I got at the most 15-16ah of usage. That is running till dead. I find that mileage is relative to the rider. For example on most rides I get about mile per ah. I ride 95% offroad. A lot of hill climbs and descents also technical single track. With the ferro and hubsinks I will most likely need to either take a break or slow down in order to not overheat. (I've even made a trail called "stator hator" get it????) I've gone 31.6 miles at my farthest ride. I have used about 30.6 ah My rides average about 1 hour 25 min. at around an average of 17 mph and a top of 36 mph.

For the times that I have ridden on road I have never been able to get my bike to over heat no matter how hard I beat on it.

51382484948_fab7349dc0_c.jpg

Ok so SUR RON vs BOMBER... remember that my bike is the old school 4.5k motor and controller. My bud just bought a Sur ron that has some mods to it. I rode another stock one ages ago as well. To be clear I love my bike and have had it for years.. but progress is progress and lets compare the king to the not so new kid in town...

These two bike honestly do not compare to each other. One is a kinda a e-bicycle barely.. the other is a mini dirtbike. They are very different. But F it right???

Frame build quality: For looks and feel I gotta give it to Sur Ron. They really did a great job with the castings and the finish. For what it is its a nice looking bike.

Frame Geometry: NO contest. Bomber all the way. The Sur Ron has some really odd geometry. The handlebars, I think his are higher bend than stock Sur Ron are about the same height as mine which also have a high bend. The wheelbase on the Bomber is a few inches shorter. Both bikes tire diameter is about the same. The seat height on the Sur Ron is at least 4" to 6" shorter. The riding position on the Sur Ron is friggin weird. If I had one, I would get all of the parts to raise it up. The Sur Ron feels short and cramped.
Both bikes stock have a raked out front end that lacks sensitivity and they push in turns. The Sur Ron has about 1/2 inch to 1" better ground clearance.

Suspension:
Both bikes stock need love. I'm not a fan of the DNM suspension. If I was using it for street then they would be fine but for aggressive dirt..uhh not so much. Thankfully the front ends are easy to change out. My bud has a Manitou front end which is super stout. he's still dialing it in so I can't fairly judge the bikes side by side. (more on that later). I do think that for off-road the big ass hub motor makes designing rear suspension a real challenge. Both bikes can be easily upgraded. The Sur Ron buy a Fox. The Bomber, get it revalved and possibly resprung. I have my sag set at close to 40%. I've tried many springs and valving and so far this is the best solution for my riding style.

Brakes:
Bomber easily. The brakes on the Sur Ron are not so good. lost of folks upgrade them with shimano saint pads. His bike had aftermarket rotors, full floaters on the front and a luna rear rotor, for some reason both are smaller than mine.

Weight:
Both bikes are about the same weight but the Sur Ron feels heavier and less nimble. Again this may be because his suspension is not set up at all.

Noise:
He has the chain primary conversion. The Sur Ron is loud. even in stock form its loud. There is no comparison. This is not a "stealthy" bike at all. There is no getting away with the Sur Ron being an e-bike. The only noise I have is chain slap.

Tire selection:
I don't really ride on road so on road tires im not aware of but in off-road stock for stock the Sur Ron wins this. As we know wheel size on the Bomber is limiting for tire selection. Personally I don't see why the bomber does not come with moto rims but that's just me.

Peadling:
I pedal all the time when I ride. The Bomber trans is such an elegant solution. Such a great use of the vboxx. The sequential trans fing rocks. period. The pedal system on the Sur Ron is a such a after thought. I get that they are trying pass off that its a pedal bike to get on MTB trails but the entire design of the bike screams dirtbike.. so not sure of the point.

Throttle:
Right off the bat 1/2 throttles really don't bother me at all. Some people don't like them I don't really care either way. The Bomber throttle is so linear and smooth. Even at low throttle imputs. The Sur Ron throttle feels like it has at least one big step in it. off "idle" it has a nice spot for low throttle inputs but then it jumps/ steps up.

Motor:
The Sur Ron has more torque and if were climbing hills would beat the Bomber every time. I think you could stop it on a hill and take off easily. Not so much with the bomber. The Bomber is more of a momentum bike where as the Sur Ron is beefy torque.

OK I put it last..

quick vs fast:
We drag raced. a few times. I never pedaled during our drag race but I think a fair comparison would be bike vs bike. If one has pedals use em.
The Sur Ron has retarded torque that is literally hard to keep the front end down. If you give it full throttle from nothing you better be leaning way over the bars or wear back protection cause you will be on your ass. My bud is 6ft plus and weighs over 200 lbs I weigh 160. Each time he had me off the line. My front was at his rear. After 25-30 I walked past him and top speed I had him as well. The power on the Bomber is crazy linear like an inline 4. The Sur Ron power is like an American V twin. Tons of torque but goes flat after a while. The throttle seems to do nothing at higher speeds. Now when my bud bought the bike it came with a shit ton of extras including a BAC 8000 and a lightspeed 60 volt big ass battery. I'de like to see what that does to the bike..

Overall
I would pick the Bomber every time. I use my bike for exercise. I pedal all the fing time. And because of the design language of the Bomber I can ride literally anywhere with no issues. I don't ever think about it. With the Sur Ron I would always be looking over my shoulder. Especially on the road. If I lived in an area where I could ride a dirtbike from my house that may be a different story. Both bikes are pretty bad ass but so different it's hard to compare them.

Now what I would like to get my hands on is a BOXX BIKE.

http://boxxbike.com/

Anyway Like I said. The Bomber every time. It just flat out works for what im looking for... AND ITS GREEN!!!!!!

@TV - Thank you for the details and especially the link.. and the dimensions of the battery. Do you recall how long it took to be delivered once the order was placed..? I'm just trying to gauge if its 2 weeks on months...

@1abv - Hmmmm... Interesting that you say that about the throttle.. I've actually had that happen to me once or twice where the throttle response and distance were limited, but not to the point with the display would turn off.

Thanks for the info on the Hubsink being smaller... and thank you both for the ah stats. Once this DC1 gets delivered I'll have to pay closer attention to the ah, distance, etc... Most of my rides are casual rides with mild off-road here and there. Nothing like you're doing.

Hey, on that same note, may I ask where you purchased your battery and what the delivery times were...

PS: I think your bike fell down in that last picture..!! I'm so used to seeing it perched up on a rock or log.. :lol:

I got my battery from E bike Marketplace in Vegas. As far as time frame im not sure. I helped them develop it there was a bit of back and forth so it took a bit longer.

https://ebikemarketplace.com/collections/72v-batteries/products/72v-20-40ah-li-on-e-bike-battery-pack-for-stealth-bomber-electric-bike?variant=31302013812807

My big take away from comparing the 2 bikes so far... I really dig the fact that the electric 2 wheeled vehicle world is so diverse. Pretty cool.

1abv said:
Ok so SUR RON vs BOMBER... remember that my bike is the old school 4.5k motor and controller. My bud just bought a Sur ron that has some mods to it. I rode another stock one ages ago as well. To be clear I love my bike and have had it for years.. but progress is progress and lets compare the king to the not so new kid in town...

These two bike honestly do not compare to each other. One is a kinda a e-bicycle barely.. the other is a mini dirtbike. They are very different. But F it right???

Frame build quality: For looks and feel I gotta give it to Sur Ron. They really did a great job with the castings and the finish. For what it is its a nice looking bike.

Frame Geometry: NO contest. Bomber all the way. The Sur Ron has some really odd geometry. The handlebars, I think his are higher bend than stock Sur Ron are about the same height as mine which also have a high bend. The wheelbase on the Bomber is a few inches shorter. Both bikes tire diameter is about the same. The seat height on the Sur Ron is at least 4" to 6" shorter. The riding position on the Sur Ron is friggin weird. If I had one, I would get all of the parts to raise it up. The Sur Ron feels short and cramped.
Both bikes stock have a raked out front end that lacks sensitivity and they push in turns. The Sur Ron has about 1/2 inch to 1" better ground clearance.

Suspension:
Both bikes stock need love. I'm not a fan of the DNM suspension. If I was using it for street then they would be fine but for aggressive dirt..uhh not so much. Thankfully the front ends are easy to change out. My bud has a Manitou front end which is super stout. he's still dialing it in so I can't fairly judge the bikes side by side. (more on that later). I do think that for off-road the big ass hub motor makes designing rear suspension a real challenge. Both bikes can be easily upgraded. The Sur Ron buy a Fox. The Bomber, get it revalved and possibly resprung. I have my sag set at close to 40%. I've tried many springs and valving and so far this is the best solution for my riding style.

Brakes:
Bomber easily. The brakes on the Sur Ron are not so good. lost of folks upgrade them with shimano saint pads. His bike had aftermarket rotors, full floaters on the front and a luna rear rotor, for some reason both are smaller than mine.

Weight:
Both bikes are about the same weight but the Sur Ron feels heavier and less nimble. Again this may be because his suspension is not set up at all.

Noise:
He has the chain primary conversion. The Sur Ron is loud. even in stock form its loud. There is no comparison. This is not a "stealthy" bike at all. There is no getting away with the Sur Ron being an e-bike. The only noise I have is chain slap.

Tire selection:
I don't really ride on road so on road tires im not aware of but in off-road stock for stock the Sur Ron wins this. As we know wheel size on the Bomber is limiting for tire selection. Personally I don't see why the bomber does not come with moto rims but that's just me.

Peadling:
I pedal all the time when I ride. The Bomber trans is such an elegant solution. Such a great use of the vboxx. The sequential trans fing rocks. period. The pedal system on the Sur Ron is a such a after thought. I get that they are trying pass off that its a pedal bike to get on MTB trails but the entire design of the bike screams dirtbike.. so not sure of the point.

Throttle:
Right off the bat 1/2 throttles really don't bother me at all. Some people don't like them I don't really care either way. The Bomber throttle is so linear and smooth. Even at low throttle imputs. The Sur Ron throttle feels like it has at least one big step in it. off "idle" it has a nice spot for low throttle inputs but then it jumps/ steps up.

Motor:
The Sur Ron has more torque and if were climbing hills would beat the Bomber every time. I think you could stop it on a hill and take off easily. Not so much with the bomber. The Bomber is more of a momentum bike where as the Sur Ron is beefy torque.

OK I put it last..

quick vs fast:
We drag raced. a few times. I never pedaled during our drag race but I think a fair comparison would be bike vs bike. If one has pedals use em.
The Sur Ron has retarded torque that is literally hard to keep the front end down. If you give it full throttle from nothing you better be leaning way over the bars or wear back protection cause you will be on your ass. My bud is 6ft plus and weighs over 200 lbs I weigh 160. Each time he had me off the line. My front was at his rear. After 25-30 I walked past him and top speed I had him as well. The power on the Bomber is crazy linear like an inline 4. The Sur Ron power is like an American V twin. Tons of torque but goes flat after a while. The throttle seems to do nothing at higher speeds. Now when my bud bought the bike it came with a shit ton of extras including a BAC 8000 and a lightspeed 60 volt big ass battery. I'de like to see what that does to the bike..

Overall
I would pick the Bomber every time. I use my bike for exercise. I pedal all the fing time. And because of the design language of the Bomber I can ride literally anywhere with no issues. I don't ever think about it. With the Sur Ron I would always be looking over my shoulder. Especially on the road. If I lived in an area where I could ride a dirtbike from my house that may be a different story. Both bikes are pretty bad ass but so different it's hard to compare them.

Now what I would like to get my hands on is a BOXX BIKE.

http://boxxbike.com/

Anyway Like I said. The Bomber every time. It just flat out works for what im looking for... AND ITS GREEN!!!!!!

@1abv - Thank you for the information on the battery. Are you happy/satisfied with the performance of the battery so far, or would you go in another direction...?

Here is a bump to the top of the page for your feedback on the Bomber vs the Sur Ron.. Sorry, I was up late working and commented right after you..

StudRock, it wasn't very long, I think it took them about 3 weeks to build it, and shipping was a couple weeks.

Different manufacturers make claims about how many cycles their cells are good for, but that doesn't really mean much, because they're talking about going from full discharge to full charge. When you have a huge ass battery pack it's rare you'll be running the charge down all the way. A shallow, partial charge causes less wear than a deep charge so a big battery pack is going to last for more charge cycles than the factory claims. That's why you should charge after almost every ride.

Been away from E-S for a while, just dropping in to see how the Stealth Owners forum is ticking along. I've had the chance to be riding a bunch of different stuff recently (BoxxBike, DrillOne, SurRon, SEM) dropped some thoughts down on the relative merits of bikes best suited to logistics purposes in https://www.quietrush.com.au/ebikes-in-defence-logistics-lea-roles/

Interesting to note that others are also seeing the taper as new models compete for our wallets. There's some good product out there, but Stealth still competes pretty well against it, remains quite uniquely placed as a pedal-augmented product.

Hey Quiet,
Since you rode the Drill one, had a few questions for you. Did you ride it offroad in challenging areas? I've heard in more than one place that they overheat. I wonder if this has something to do with the 48v battery system. Seems like a lot of amps to be pushing through the motor.

On another note..
The Bomber continues off roading.. Tell the Aussie military to give me a holler! In the many years and hundreds of offroad miles beating the living hell out of the bike I can tell em all about it! HAHA!! IM thinking the color scheme may be questionable for their purposes.... what do ya think? bright green for the military??? That works right???

51382982494_f2617de18e_c.jpg

1abv, I like your comparison of the Bomber to a Sur Ron. I've ridden with several Sur Ron's, and I agree. I always say there's no perfect bike, but when you consider how long Bombers have been around, it's a testament to their original genius when a serious contender like the Sur Ron comes along after more than a decade, and it still comes up short overall. That's because it's easy for a factory to build a good bike, but there's no recipe for building a genius bike. That's an occurrence that only happens by accident, and is as rare as the illusive aether. You're lucky if you can say you've owned even one such bike in your lifetime.

QuietRush said:
Been away from E-S for a while, just dropping in to see how the Stealth Owners forum is ticking along. I've had the chance to be riding a bunch of different stuff recently (BoxxBike, DrillOne, SurRon, SEM) dropped some thoughts down on the relative merits of bikes best suited to logistics purposes in https://www.quietrush.com.au/ebikes-in-defence-logistics-lea-roles/

Interesting to note that others are also seeing the taper as new models compete for our wallets. There's some good product out there, but Stealth still competes pretty well against it, remains quite uniquely placed as a pedal-augmented product.

Ah, the legend returns. Glad you are still around QR. You still riding the Fighter?

Hey Rix, just in the process of planning an upgrade for the Fighter from F35 to F-37 spec, it was one of the intermediate models so runs 3500W. Battery + motor had died after last EV race. Has been parked up as a display bike for another dealer, where I get access to a much wider range of bikes, including upgraded SurRons. Will be an upgrade to get my son building some eBike experience before I let him near a DRZ400.

We've been doing some collaborations with other engineers tinkering with eMobility, recently recorded a good interview with Jeff Steber from Intense Cycles when we featured a breakdown of the mods he'd done on his own SurRon https://ebmx.odoo.com/blog/posts-1/jeff-stebers-surron-special-4

The Fighter is still a great little bike, but the wheel size makes it a bit problematic for getting some tyre choices. Has been interesting to watch how others tackle the problem. Cake Kalk seems to settle on 19", whilst we've been fitting 18"/21" combinations on SR's. The B-52 still has a unique capability profile with the VBoxx giving a wide gearing spread, but longevity of design doesn't necessarily equate to sales success/community appetite, as some of the recent posts show. It'd be good to see it get traction in Military applications after putting in the effort to exhibit at LandForces 2014, but I do wonder about supply chain scarcity for some of the components. On that front, I think Cake Kalk and their anti-poaching platform/integrated thinking about cargo may prove a strong competitor. https://ridecake.com/en/anti-poaching/

Theodore Voltaire said:
1abv, I like your comparison of the Bomber to a Sur Ron. I've ridden with several Sur Ron's, and I agree. I always say there's no perfect bike, but when you consider how long Bombers have been around, it's a testament to their original genius when a serious contender like the Sur Ron comes along after more than a decade, and it still comes up short overall. That's because it's easy for a factory to build a good bike, but there's no recipe for building a genius bike. That's an occurrence that only happens by accident, and is as rare as the illusive aether. You're lucky if you can say you've owned even one such bike in your lifetime.

Of course by now you know my perspective is 100% street bike oriented. If I was in the market for a dirt bike I would seriously consider Sur Ron, like other prominent Stealth riders already have. I've been consistent since first buying my Bomber in 2013, much to the chagrin of my fellow Stealth riders, in claiming that Bombers make great street bikes, but only so so dirt bikes. That may not have been Stealth's original intention, but there's no reason not to take advantage of it now. Accidental greatness is more times than not a reality.

Of course I'm not oblivious to the riding situation in Australia, and why Stealth might think they need to market their bikes the way they do, but as long as Stealth wants so sell bikes worldwide they'd be better off focusing on the us market. Texas alone has a larger population than all of Australia. As of September 1st it's legal here to strap a hog leg on your hip, and ride around with no gun license. That should go a long way in describing the differences in the riding environment.

For street riding my Bomber is double tits up. Actually it's even better than that. All things considered it's the best bike I've ever owned in a lifetime of riding in this city. That includes this bike, which I consider the one other genius bike I was lucky enough to own in this lifetime.

Single-Guy.jpg

And this one, which is near genius.

my-sportster.png

or my Bombers immediate predecessor, which believe it, or not, was a pretty good bike.

Black-Sheep.jpg

There's a lot of others too, so you can't say I'm comparing my Bomber to a bunch of crappy bikes.

I've been riding here since the 1960s. Lately I've been doing a lot of commuting across town to check on a condo we have for sale. It's about 28 miles round trip. Stock I would have had to watch my speed to make this ride, and my battery would have been almost totally discharged by the time I got back, but now even riding at full throttle, it's barely more than halfway down. I usually ride a different route each way, but a lot of the time I'm in heavy traffic. If I drove down there it would start getting expensive fast, but on my electric bike it costs pennies.

No bike I've owned moves like my Bomber. The immediate feel of acceleration, and right now throttle response is thrilling every time. The overall light weight, along with very light steering feel, plus almost total silence of operation means I can ride for hours with little fatigue. The power, and speed of the Bomber match's perfectly with it's strong frame, great geometry, and light curb weight, to make handling a dream. Of course a lot of the reason my bike works so well is because I've enhanced it, but nothing the factory couldn't easily have done. The only performance upgrade I made was to change the ca3v from 60, to 65 amp. Everything else was mostly for esthetics, or creature comfort. I've enjoyed near perfect dependability too.

When you consider the whole package, and the way it all works together, it's going to be very difficult for any manufacturer to come up with a bike as good as this. It has just the right mix of power, strength, and dependability. Not to mention the Bomber is probably the only bike in a hundred years that has it's own unique looks, which make a Bomber stand out from a crowd of copies, and look a likes.

2021-may.jpg

51382241801_aec5d17704_c.jpg

Above the big rock I see a female squirrel wearing an apron holding a giant piece of cheese. I wont even tell you what I see to the right of my bike on the rock....

litespeed said:
I agree TV, great bike. Awesome testimonial to boot.

Tom

Thanks Tom. No matter how hard I try, I never feel like I've done a very good job of conveying how great this bike really is. It's so easy to feel it, but difficult to relate in words.

Thats no rock!!! Haha! that's great man.. Hey now that Musk is heading your way maybe he will bring some battery love!!! Nice Norton BTW..
My first 2 wheeled ride was a late 70's Kawasaki 750 I bought used for a few hundred bucks.. Man was that a pile! but taught me a lot about wrenching on bikes.. I decided to make my own straight bars from a piece of pipe..... BAD IDEA....

51382982579_563128b9e7_c.jpg

And now for something totally different.. WTF is this? some kind of early computer calendar? and why did some lovely young lady found it so enticing to remove her bra???

Apparently there was a moment……you just got to live in the moment!

I wish I would have saved my old computers and could show them to my wife………I could use a moment right now!

Lol

Tom

Theodore Voltaire said:
For street riding my Bomber is double tits up. Actually it's even better than that. All things considered it's the best bike I've ever owned in a lifetime of riding in this city. That includes this bike, which I consider the one other genius bike I was lucky enough to own in this lifetime.

Single-Guy.jpg

And this one, which is near genius.

my-sportster.png

or my Bombers immediate predecessor, which believe it, or not, was a pretty good bike.

Black-Sheep.jpg

There's a lot of others too, so you can't say I'm comparing my Bomber to a bunch of crappy bikes.

I've been riding here since the 1960s. Lately I've been doing a lot of commuting across town to check on a condo we have for sale. It's about 28 miles round trip. Stock I would have had to watch my speed to make this ride, and my battery would have been almost totally discharged by the time I got back, but now even riding at full throttle, it's barely more than halfway down. I usually ride a different route each way, but a lot of the time I'm in heavy traffic. If I drove down there it would start getting expensive fast, but on my electric bike it costs pennies.

No bike I've owned moves like my Bomber. The immediate feel of acceleration, and right now throttle response is thrilling every time. The overall light weight, along with very light steering feel, plus almost total silence of operation means I can ride for hours with little fatigue. The power, and speed of the Bomber match's perfectly with it's strong frame, great geometry, and light curb weight, to make handling a dream. Of course a lot of the reason my bike works so well is because I've enhanced it, but nothing the factory couldn't easily have done. The only performance upgrade I made was to change the ca3v from 60, to 65 amp. Everything else was mostly for esthetics, or creature comfort. I've enjoyed near perfect dependability too.

When you consider the whole package, and the way it all works together, it's going to be very difficult for any manufacturer to come up with a bike as good as this. It has just the right mix of power, strength, and dependability. Not to mention the Bomber is probably the only bike in a hundred years that has it's own unique looks, which make a Bomber stand out from a crowd of copies, and look a likes.

2021-may.jpg
Thats one sweet pre 2004 sportster TV, you wouldn't be interested in a straight across trade for a 2019 KTM Duke 390?

Thanks for the offer Rix, but no.

Yesterday I was riding down to the condo, and about 8 miles from home I got a flat. Luckily it happened about 100 yards from the light rail station, so I did the walk of shame over there. At least pushing a Bomber is a lot easier than a Sportster. The train arrived just as I got there. I didn't even have time to load my go pass, so I rode back to Farmer Branch for free. When I got off the train I was still a couple miles from home. I called my beautiful wife Buffy and ask her to drive my van and come get me, but beautiful Buffy's don't know how to drive vans, so I got her to drive her car, and I made her sit and guard my bike while I drove home and got the van. That took about 10 minutes. Soon enough my bike was back in the garage. It's been a couple of weeks since I changed the tire, but when I tried to put slime in the tube it wouldn't go in. I'm guessing the hole in the valve stem is too little, or whatever, but it wouldn't go in. I won't let that happen again. When I get the tube out I'm going to chop it up, and we'll have a look at what the problem was.

Back