E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

51563146026_0197e76555_c.jpg

Quickly to the bat cave!

Cowardlyduck said:
Careful on the sand...if you look way back in this thread to the very end of 2011 you will see when I burnt out my stock Fighter motor riding on sand. Stealth replaced it under warranty, then advised warranty no longer covers riding in sand.

Cheers
Yah but you didn't have cooling fins and FF in the motor at the time, or your customized fan/forced air cooling, game changer there.

https://stealthelectricbikes.com/
Stealth has revamped their flagship line and added some legal mid drive models to their line up. More pics will be coming through their website. Because of the increased production of the Stealth line, they maybe stopping FUTR production early next year. I say maybe because its in the debating phase. Legal "Shit Talking Disclosure: Not 100% sure what will happen.

Attachments

• B52.jpg
    B52.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 685
Rix said:
Stealth has revamped their flagship line and added some legal mid drive models to their line up. More pics will be coming through their website. Because of the increased production of the Stealth line, they maybe stopping FUTR production early next year. I say maybe because its in the debating phase. Legal "Shit Talking Disclosure: Not 100% sure what will happen.

A couple of things I see is the swing arm is braced, and the pedal gearbox looks different.

That mid drive is a loser. No body wants that crap, and even if they did there's hundreds of other examples just like it. I don't blame them for having such low quality pictures.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

A couple of things I see is the swing arm is braced, and the pedal gearbox looks different.

The biggest news is the real brakes on that thing. Talk about power, the disks are huge and formula brakes that are made for pitbikes will stop that thing for sure. No more fading!
Is that 26" wheels or 27,5"?

Hi so Im looking at a 2015 B-52. One thing i noticed is that the controller is a different color than normally pictured in the marketing material and everywhere else I seen. Is there a story behind that? I asked the seller and said "doesn't know Stealth probably have records of it. Had the battery back to them last year. Very good backup service."

Attachments

• 256104297_5111653688845418_7448280657126394322_n.png
    256104297_5111653688845418_7448280657126394322_n.png
    914 KB · Views: 528
+ 1 to what Allex said... Mine started to turn that color in some areas, so I just repainted it black when I had it off the bike...

Hmm... might pull the trigger in that case. Being a 10 year old bike has the B-52 gone any major changes during the years? I know the new one is going to be a bit heavier moving away from aircraft aluminum, bigger wheels and options for guards. I also read a bit about how the controller isn't really waterproof. Has anyone done anything to make it so? Or do you avoid riding in the rain

Me... I tend to avoid riding in the rain, mainly because I'm sweet and I tend to melt...!! However, I've driven in the dirt, mud, etc...and everything is just fine...

AAAAQQQ said:
Hmm... might pull the trigger in that case. Being a 10 year old bike has the B-52 gone any major changes during the years? I know the new one is going to be a bit heavier moving away from aircraft aluminum, bigger wheels and options for guards. I also read a bit about how the controller isn't really waterproof. Has anyone done anything to make it so? Or do you avoid riding in the rain
Few corrections...10 years ago it wasn't the B52...so it won't be that old. It was also never aluminium. It used to be aircraft grade chromoly steel...and I thought it still was.
The old square-wave controllers like that were made by Crystalyte and were just re-badged Infineon controllers. Swap it out with a decent sine-wave or FOC controller and you'll get more range and silent operation.

Cheers

Soo here's what I found on the 2022 b52...
The good: (and a lot of it!!!)

27.5 wheels WEEEEE!!!!
250mm rotors real brakes (Formula Minicross 65 ) WEEE!!!!
electronic shift transmission (Hex Box transmission) 6 speed No more 9 speed, I suppose with the right gear spacing you don't need 9 and they should be theoretically stronger. So WEEE!!!!
Kickstand! WEEEE!!!
ferro fluid WEEEEE!!!!
braced swing arm it looks the business but I never had any issue with the old one...well at least not where the shock mounted. but it looks cool so WEEEE!!!!
81.4 v 30 ah battery!! WEEEE!!!!!
2500 continuous / 6200 peak WEEEE!!!!!
mudguards WEEEE!!!!!
The hand control for the gear change looks pretty slick and out of the way. WEEEEE!!!
Looks like it has a skid plate and controller protection WEEEEE!!!!

The what ever: (or who really cares)
the angle that the swing arm clamps the bearings have changed MEH?
Dropouts and adjuster plates look about the same... MEH?

The WTF?? (I dont get it and it seems like a step backwards changes)
The tires are narrower Why? Maybe they cant get a 3" anymore. but wait surly makes the dirt wizard 3"
fast ace suspension...no remote or piggyback res on the shock... WHAT???????? THE..... WHY???? Maybe they like hot suspension fluid?

AAAAQQQ said:

I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you want to ride in rain. My bike has been thorough so many mud puddles/ axle deep water crossings w/o complaint. I've looked in the motor after and not a drop of corrosion or rust. I would put dialectic grease on every fitting though.
The biggest issue with the c-lyte controllers or any controller that isn't potted is the vibrations from riding off-road. The legs of the caps will snap off from vibration unless you attach them to the board w electronic safe RTV.

AAAAQQQ said:

The bomber is a great bike. Find out if its been ridden of road. If so look for frame cracks at the Vboxx mounting tab on the back of the frame, and hairline cracks where all of the corners of the battery box openings.

Also getting good 24" off-road tires is not exactly easy. Other than that the bike is pretty solid and you can always upgrade components.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:

Good eye Theodore, its my understanding Suntour no longer makes the Vboxx. Stealth revamped the design. The "Stealth Boxx" will still have the same gear range as the Vboxx, but with a wider ratio 6 speed tranny and electronic shifting, The crank spindles will support isis splined units, so lots of crank arm options, what I don't know is if the transmission is wet or just greased. I will need to consult with the the Truckee guys at Stealth Tahoe for more information. Also, no more 24"MTB tires, those are 27.5+ size tires and rims now. No we got alot of tire options as well. The brakes are upgraded as well.

1abv said:
Soo here's what I found on the 2022 b52...
The good: (and a lot of it!!!)

27.5 wheels WEEEEE!!!!
250mm rotors real brakes (Formula Minicross 65 ) WEEE!!!!
electronic shift transmission (Hex Box transmission) 6 speed No more 9 speed, I suppose with the right gear spacing you don't need 9 and they should be theoretically stronger. So WEEE!!!!
Kickstand! WEEEE!!!
ferro fluid WEEEEE!!!!
braced swing arm it looks the business but I never had any issue with the old one...well at least not where the shock mounted. but it looks cool so WEEEE!!!!
81.4 v 30 ah battery!! WEEEE!!!!!
2500 continuous / 6200 peak WEEEE!!!!!
mudguards WEEEE!!!!!
The hand control for the gear change looks pretty slick and out of the way. WEEEEE!!!
Looks like it has a skid plate and controller protection WEEEEE!!!!

The what ever: (or who really cares)
the angle that the swing arm clamps the bearings have changed MEH?
Dropouts and adjuster plates look about the same... MEH?

The WTF?? (I dont get it and it seems like a step backwards changes)
The tires are narrower Why? Maybe they cant get a 3" anymore. but wait surly makes the dirt wizard 3"
fast ace suspension...no remote or piggyback res on the shock... WHAT???????? THE..... WHY???? Maybe they like hot suspension fluid?

There will be homologated bikes available along with the off road only. For those want to plate the bikes, that will be doable. I got some more pics to post.

Photos of the new models

Attachments

• PHOTO-202 (1).jpg
    PHOTO-202 (1).jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 426
  • PHOTO-202.jpg
    PHOTO-202.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 426
  • PHOTO-202 (2).jpg
    PHOTO-202 (2).jpg
    163 KB · Views: 426
  • PHOTO-202 (3).jpg