ENDUROEBIKE.COM

usb output, im unsure to be honest, i never looked for such a thing as i would never use it, i will have a check next time i have the side cover off though and let you know!

i have lights fitted but i have a seperate battery pack fitted inside the bike frame with a charge port installed

ah mate, thats ace! thanks for all that. there was a few things i was unsure about. and you were kind enough to help!

i like the idea of the other batterypack inside for lights. could also run u usb charger off that easier dc to dc converter than a huge 100v one.

i was suprised to see the controller inside the frame? i thought this may get hot next to the batteries and also no air flow. on some of the pics i seen on there site they mount them underneath the frame where the front wheel would splatter mud onto.

were the mudguards something you added ? nice touch they go with the bike well.

i still think that it needs some stickers or something on the frame tho. or maybe some carbon ?

Yeah im going to hydro dip the side covers in carbon, thats the plan, maybe do it at weekend ill see how it goes!

Im glad the controller fits in the frame and the case that the battery is fitted in seems to stop any huge heat transfer, i checked after an hour long ride today and all seemed nice and cool! So im happy! Ill keep an eye on it though!

Mudguards are universal moto-x mudguards which i fitted for functionality but im warming to the look of them also!

I have this frame. I'm wondering what is the largest capacity battery you could fit in the battery case if using 3.7v nmc cells or perhaps not using the case to use the extra room I'm worried about using 18650 cells as if a cell failed spot welded cells are hard to fix on a battery with hundreds of cells so prismatic soldered cells would easier to replace if need be. I have seen screw terminal 3.7v cylindrical nmc cells availible but only in large capacity 300mm length. maybe custom sized screw terminal nmc cells are availible.

we got the same ideas man! mines defo having some carbon there somewhere!

shame u so far away to go for a ride when mine arrives!

one more question, does the bike have regen ? how does this work and how do you find it ?

quadfather said:
Well I've ordered the bike(s) !

As for using on public roads I WILL be making sure it is only 250w end of story and I feel confident that if anything was to happen I would be well within my rights to defend myself as I'm not a lawbreaker.

As for off road, I would only ramp it up and take in a place that I'm allowed. Had a kx125 and a cr250 back in the day so know plenty of places.

So my next question is I need the cycle analyst and speed controller. Where shall I order these from in the uk or do I have to order from Canada ?

The only speed controller I can find on there site is this http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/controllers/c7240-nc.html
Now I'm no ebike builder but I know electronics and 40a doesn't seem enough. What you guys think ? What's my alternatives as I believe this bike is wired for one of there controllers

Quadfather, If you are especially concerned about being a law breaker, I feel I ought to explain to you that speed switches limiting the power to 250w do not make your high powered ebike road legal. The 250w law applies to the design of the whole vehicle, the motor, controller and battery as a system. Restricting your vehicle with a switch does not change its design or its legal status. I've looked into this extensively, and explored many possibilities in my own desire to be as road legal as possible. High powered ebikes are sold by companies who advertise their offroad/onroad switches as changing the bikes legal status, and this is a very lucrative misrepresentation for these sellers, but its got absolutely no basis in legal reality. A speed switch on an ebike is just as illegal as a handlebar switch on a restricted 500cc motorcycle allowing you to restrict and derestrict it at will. When you ride on the roads on your electric enduro, you will be relying entirely on your pedals as a disguise. The police are less likely to stop you than they would be to stop a learner riding a 500cc because the crime of riding a high powered ebike is a very niche, rare one.

Curious to see how this plays out. Let us know what you think about the bike and how the po feels about it.

merry christmas everyone!

ok, so, the bikes arrived couple of days before christmas.
rVuzzf.jpg

i have a couple of questions if anyone can help me ?

Does anyone know the recommended cut off voltage for 72v nominal 20ah lifepo4 pack i need to program this in the cycle analyst for battery gauge.

On full power i'm only drawing 3800 watts max. The bike is 5000w rated. is the controller limited ? can i change this with cycle analyst ? or do i need to reprogram controller ? whats holding it back ?

I want to set 3 different switch settings. At the moment on my 3 way switch, from what i can tell still puts out the same current but seems to be geared differently switch position 1 being 1st gear 2 - 2nd 3 - 3rd. I'd like to program as follows
switch position 1 250w max power 20kph limit
switch position 2 2000w mode unlimited
switch position 3 unlimited 5000w ?

Regen braking. i think this is set to the brake switch. but it doesn't seem very powerfull. is there a way i can increase this ? again through the cycle analyst or do i need a usb cable to the laptop ?

thanks guys, happy riding

Very cool, lookin good!

Charging for the 72v lifepo pack https://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=endless-sphere.com&q=lifepo%20charging%20voltage&gws_rd=ssl
Looks like nom cell volts is 3.3 and max charge is 3.6 - Beyond that I don't know, but should be easy enough to figure it.

Re 5kw. You do want the ca to be calibrated (proper shunt resistance value), but imo you def want the software and cord to know and/or change controller settings. This should also allow changing the settings of the 3speed switch, although most controllers just limit speed by percentage with the switch. To limit power directly, the ca can be setup for current/power based throttle, and/or the use of a similar 3 position switch for power settings, and also different draw limits via on screen presets.
https://endless-sphere.com/w/index.php/Cycle_Analyst_-_v3
There's alot of ways to set it up. The cord and software isn't necessary, but prob best.

Ps not sure if it needs mentioned, but beyond ca calibration and controller setting, battery and/or it's bms also must be able to deliver the amps for 5kw (almost 70 amps @ nom batt volts)

Glad to see your bike(s) arrived, my bike is holding up very nicely, ive did about 600 miles (offroad) on it so far without any issues atall,thats including a couple of scottish mountains!!! mastered power wheelies too! :lol:

ive since converted mine to single speed as i found i wasnt using the gears atall, was also glad to free up some space on the carbon handlebars that i just fitted

i have some 4pot Hope brakes to be fitted over the next few days as i felt the brakes were pretty poor for the power of the bike, a touch of carbon now too and its looking great!

i hope you get your teething problems sorted out soon mate,look forward to seeing some more photos

craig

its looks awesome Quadfather please post some more pics :).

I ordered the Adrenaline-01 5kw on Nov 15th. then around early Dec there was this big mess with EEB not being able to ship it to Sea-Tac via air because of new restrictions on the battery. Something related with recent exploading hoverboard batteries. So Nancy "Sales Manager" tells me shes going to refund part of the air shipping and go with sea shipping. that was last week. So im wondering how long it will take to get to seattle. Seems like I have been waiting forever. So if / when i get my baby ill be posting about it. CANT WAIT !!!

CooperAndromeda said:
its looks awesome Quadfather please post some more pics :).

I ordered the Adrenaline-01 5kw on Nov 15th. then around early Dec there was this big mess with EEB not being able to ship it to Sea-Tac via air because of new restrictions on the battery. Something related with recent exploading hoverboard batteries. So Nancy "Sales Manager" tells me shes going to refund part of the air shipping and go with sea shipping. that was last week. So im wondering how long it will take to get to seattle. Seems like I have been waiting forever. So if / when i get my baby ill be posting about it. CANT WAIT !!!

Hey,

ill get you some more pics when the weathers a bit better. ive ridden it loads. its great!

Nancy is very helpfull, sea shipping takes forever. maybe its different to the states but i'm in the uk and it took a long while.

I made payment on the 6th october and recieved the bikes on like the 22nd december so nearly like 3 months. worth the wait though.

My friend is in customs in london. his company actually cleared the goods for me. he done it extra quick. im sure it would of taken longer otherwise. he mentioned about batteries and leads and fires too me actually. its the cheap chinese hoverboards causing the issues. no 'ce' stamps.

EVERYWHERE i go i get stopped on this bike and asked about it. 2 people have followed me and pulled me over in there cars to ask about it.

i do feel its a bit restricted however. i have ordered the controller programmer cable and will have a play. only pulling up to 3600 watts. still plenty enough tbh lol.

cfsmale said:
Glad to see your bike(s) arrived, my bike is holding up very nicely, ive did about 600 miles (offroad) on it so far without any issues atall,thats including a couple of scottish mountains!!! mastered power wheelies too! :lol:

ive since converted mine to single speed as i found i wasnt using the gears atall, was also glad to free up some space on the carbon handlebars that i just fitted

i have some 4pot Hope brakes to be fitted over the next few days as i felt the brakes were pretty poor for the power of the bike, a touch of carbon now too and its looking great!

i hope you get your teething problems sorted out soon mate,look forward to seeing some more photos

craig

wow 600 miles offroad not a hiccup! impressive!

I know what you mean about the gears. there are pretty useless! and above 26-28mph any pedalling is useless. ive been looking into the ATS speed drive system. which is a geared hub inside the crank. the schlumpf version is silly money. ats seems more affordable. http://www.ats-speeddrive.com/

Totally agree with you on the brakes. they squeel, there spongey and the brake levers look like they came off a £50 bike from argos.
So by fitting the hope brakes are you going to do away with the brake cutoff switch ? i looked at these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zoom-Hydraulic-Brakes-for-Electric-Bike-Cut-off-Switch-203mm-Rotors-Brackets-/151923681004?hash=item235f5b66ec:g:2cAAAOSwwE5WYrVz not sure of the quality though ? but they have the cut offs. the place we bought our bikes from actually sell these brakes.

you got to put up some pics aswell seeing as your the one who has had it longest and is doing all these mods lol. i want to see the carbon fibre......

ill get some photos for you over the next few days mate

that link you put on for ebay (zoom), those are the brakes that i already have!! maybe because my bike was an early bike from their production line the spec is different from yours, what make of brakes are on yours?

i wanted some nice big calipers anyway as the look great and the levers are adjustable, they are also orange, which goes with my carbon/orange colour scheme

ive actually bought a couple of hall effect brake sensors that fit to the levers , ill see how i get on without the sensors first and maybe fit them at a later date

also, speed drive, already been researching, think ill take the plunge and order one tomorrow.....cant help myself ! :lol:

cheers, Craig

Hey Cfsmale ,

What kind of mileage are you getting out of a charge? Do you ride from your house to these trails or hual the bike then go trailing? Also what brakes did you throw on her? Im doing some preemptive replacement research LOL. Also cheers on the orange color scheme looks sweet!

i have a track right outside my house which leads me out of town into the countryside so i ride about 5 miles on this track to the trails i use , im easily getting 35 miles + with plenty juice left when i get home, bear in mind that is with some basic pedal assistance for the journey to and from the trails using only little throttle! ill work out a more accurate calculation when using only electric! but theres certainly plenty range for me and i haven't came close to running flat!

i went for Hope tech 3 E4 in metallic orange http://www.hopetech.com/product/tech-3-e4/

i think they should do the job for now, i was tempted to go 6Pot, but the jump in price is huge so settled for quad piston front and rear

Hi guy's,

Happy new year!

I have also recently bought one of these Enduro E-bikes (adrenaline 5000w model), when I say recently, I mean I ordered it in October. And it's due to be delivered next week sometime, when dhl gets back to work. It's been a pain getting it delivered with all the public holidays, it was firstly stuck in customs for like a week and now dhl is on break.)) ☺ looking forward to seeing what this bike is like, and am interested to see what abuse it can handle. Plan is to do the same tracks that I ride my Enduro motorcycle on, should provide an interesting experience.

I have been following this forum for a while, and just seeing what upgrades people do, and little mods. How bad is the standard brakes? Do they go soft with heavy breaking, or lots of hills? The speed drive seems like a nice idea, and I actually found a 3 speed system online, that seems better than the heal click type, but at $300US, I soon lost interest.

On the range I have a question, are you using the standard battery provided with the bike? What amp-hour is it?

I went a different route with battery option, I ordered my bike without a battery. I then approached a3-power China, and gave them dimensions of the frame, to build me a battery. After some discussion about what I wanted, they suggested using high discharge li-ion 18650 cells, same as used in power tool. It was the only once rated at 5C constant.

They managed to build me a 20C-15P 33Ah rated 5C, with Bms and charger, all shipped ex, for around $700. They used BAK H18650CC cell's, which after some research I found is not bad. These are not cheap Chinese recycled cells and seem to have a good reputation, mainly used in power tools.

Note:, this is still not filling up the frame. From calculations maximum battery they can get into the space provided is about 40ah, but it doesn't leave much room for cooling or padding, I opted to leave room for some foam padding, since I think it would need it.

As as side note, the shipping of li-ion is not completely prohibited. There's a bit of a misconception about the shipping, dhl will ship large batteries as dangerous goods. The catch is in the packaging, aviation law requires it to be in a fire proof box. This means if they package it in a stainless steel case it's acceptable to ship. And you get a nice box thats worth a few $$$.

Thank you guys for all the helpful info.

hey there

i too have been on the forums for a good while, learning what i can, there are so many good guys on here,some awesome builds!

i have the 72v 20ah Lifepo4 with the steel battery case that EEB offer,its a huge battery making use of the extra frame space with the pressed side covers, but still manage to get my controller slid in above the battery case which im very happy about!
i took this battery with the intensions of trying it out and if it was no use i was planning to upgrade to a custom made EV Madrid unit....but so far the battery is holding out and performing very well and is covered by a warranty , so i have no complaints 4 months in!

ill get the use out of the current one and ill upgrade to an EVMadrid unit when i start looking at increasing power etc!

as for the brakes, it appears that myself and quadfather were given a different brake set up, i had zoom hydraulic e bike brakes, which were ok but nothing special,no brake fade or overheating, but they just didn't fill me with confidence when riding .......i then had a leaking seal and contacted EEB who were happy to send a replacement complete brake....i told them i was planning an upgrade anyway, so just went ahead and ordered the 4 pot hope tech set i had my eyes on , they are immense!ill get some photos up soon

hopefully will see some photos of your bike if it arrives soon!

cfsmale said:
that link you put on for ebay (zoom), those are the brakes that i already have!! maybe because my bike was an early bike from their production line the spec is different from yours, what make of brakes are on yours?

lucky you! i got the most terrible 'avid' cable operated brakes. Don't get me wrong, they work. 210mm discs. They squeel and are spongey. i think the brake levers are massively to blame aswell, as they flex. there just cheap.

heres some pics,
SmxXIz.jpg

wXtv90.jpg

I had hope brakes on my trials bike years ago. there bulletproof! expensive tho. I have been looking at the shimano
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141809740588?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
ill be really interested to know how you get on with the brake sensors. I was thinking maybe ill re-configure the controller to use the green button on the left (currently its un-used) to be the regen braking button ? and do away with sensors.

Please tell me more about your power output, is it the same as mine ? pulling about 3800 watts maximum ?

quadfather said:
cfsmale said:
pulling about 3800 watts maximum ?

Hi Quadfather,

This question had me pondering about the setup on the bike's. At 72v to get 5000w you are using something like 70A give or take. So if your only getting 3800w, also depends on the work-load at the time. Maybe using a hill climb scenario, then your effectively only pulling around 50A at 72v, and even less if the battery is fully charged.

Getting back to the setup of the bike, there's a few bottle necks limiting power, "cycle analyst, Bms, motor controller". From the eeb website, the motor controller can either be set to 60A max or 80A max, they are very vague about what it's actually set at, this is only the constant current, not the max phase current. But will have a limiting effect. Battery and Bms if incorrectly matched to max delivery can also be providing too little Amps. And easiest fault can be that the cycle analyst is limiting the max amp draw, this is apparently a feature on it. I will be keeping an eye on it once I received my bike.)

The factory could have limited the bike, to save the battery. That's just my suspicion.

Curious to see what you find.

Sweet grips Quad. So is there an electric switch integrated into the brake lever? If so is regan braking hooked up to it?. or is it wired to a different button/switch?

CooperAndromeda said:
Sweet grips Quad. So is there an electric switch integrated into the brake lever? If so is regan braking hooked up to it?. or is it wired to a different button/switch?

The grips are cheapy ebay jobs. but they lock which is cool, Yes there is a switch integrated into both brake levers. when my bike arrived the brakes were the wrong way round for what i'm used to (front brake was on the left) i changed the cables over, so the front brake is on the right (where its meant to be in my opinion.) but what i intend on doing is upgrading the brakes, forgetting about the brake lever switches and setting the controller up to regen brake from the green button on the LHS which is not currently used.

wfouri said:
quadfather said:
cfsmale said:
pulling about 3800 watts maximum ?

Hi Quadfather,

This question had me pondering about the setup on the bike's. At 72v to get 5000w you are using something like 70A give or take. So if your only getting 3800w, also depends on the work-load at the time. Maybe using a hill climb scenario, then your effectively only pulling around 50A at 72v, and even less if the battery is fully charged.

Getting back to the setup of the bike, there's a few bottle necks limiting power, "cycle analyst, Bms, motor controller". From the eeb website, the motor controller can either be set to 60A max or 80A max, they are very vague about what it's actually set at, this is only the constant current, not the max phase current. But will have a limiting effect. Battery and Bms if incorrectly matched to max delivery can also be providing too little Amps. And easiest fault can be that the cycle analyst is limiting the max amp draw, this is apparently a feature on it. I will be keeping an eye on it once I received my bike.)

The factory could have limited the bike, to save the battery. That's just my suspicion.

Curious to see what you find.

Yes correct, im pulling around 50amps.

The cycle analyst is set unrestricted to 99amps so i know theres no problem there.

The battery im sure is capable of more than a 50amp draw. i draw 30 + amps from my 4cell 14.8v lipo packs. but this is a lifepo4 battery and im new to lifepo4.

The BMS could be a possibility but i think not. I personally think that as you say the controller is restricted. Obviously they offer a warranty and they want to keep the electronics/battery safe and operating at a lower capacity. so the question is, how do i get into my controller, check its set at 60amps and then boost it up to 80a ?

ive also read about the shunt ? maybe a setting here could be changed ? but i have no idea on shunts either. i will learn tho, with some help from this forum...... lol

my bike is set up the same, i have also ordered a usb cable for the controller as id be keen to have a play with the settings!

im planning on wiring in the regen button this week at somepoint, but it currently will only regen when the batt voltage gets below a set value(because the regen was tied into the brake levers) i think ill adjust that when i get my USB cable so it can be used at all times, as the chances of overcharging the battery using regen on a switch is slim to none .

also be very keen to find out how you get on with adjusting power output and shunt etc....i too am a newbie so its a bit of a learning curve! i did ask EEB what the max amps it can be set to and he said 80A safely!

my stock Zoom hydraulic brakes were also set up with the RH lever for rear brake, which was a pain as i would have needed to drain and bleed the brakes to swap over the brake lines, however, no need now with my new set-up!

heres a few snaps....

ill get a few more of my whole bike tomorrow,i have some floating brake discs on route aswell, with orange centres of course :mrgreen:

looking good mate! all we need is some riding weather now ay ??

I've gone with the anodised red colour theme. How did you get on with the fitting of the rear brake ? it looks like the cable runs through the frame and through the small hole at the back. did you have to dismantle and re-bleed the rear brake ? or did you manage to squeeze it through ?

Back