first build, efficiency and hillclimbing in mind

ptd

100 W
A little about me... first build, mid 40's, 2 yrs college, math nut (finished calc), mad spreadsheet enthusiast, some pretty decent CAD skills, decent shape, way too much time on my hands, and really impressed with some of the creative minds walking the halls here. I'm looking to build an electric mountain bike, that really can do grades (I live by Mt Shasta, short legs with 15-20% grade, mostly 5-10%). Have the bike (ancient Marin hardtail with front suspension, or a full suspension Specialized), need the electric. Looking to spend less than $1000, so i'd like to get it pretty close to right the first time (might be hopelessly optimistic though, lol).

legality, performance, drive train, controllers, power supply, and mounting.

Legality... I'm in California, so, less than 1000 watts, and less than 20 mph motor powered. I'd like to do lots of forest service roads, which don't allow motor vehicles.

Performance... I'd like efficiency (if I have to go with batteries) and hill climbing. I love the idea of extreme efficiency (for both extended range or power, and lower heating effect), like 92-94% range (which seems to be the rc's or the coreless axial flux's domain), and staying pretty close to whatever range for a variety of speeds and inclines. As for hill climbing, I'd just like to do serious grades, without a meltdown. I don't mind if the speed drops accordingly. Best guess as to typical requirement's...

15 mile round trip, 310 lbs (that includes 30 lbs of motor and battery), 960 sq in frontal area, .7 Cd, .016 road resistance, +/- 10% average grade, 10 mph uphill, 736watts, 108.8 Nm, 74 wh/mi for 7.5 mi uphill, ~550 watts?

35 mile round trip, 270 lbs (also inclusive), 960 fa, .7 Cd, .008 rr, +/- 5% average grade, 20 mph all the way, 820 watts, 60.5 Nm, 41 wh/mi for 17.5 miles uphill, ~720watts?

Maximum grade, 310 lbs, .016 rr, 20% grade, 6 mph, 790 watts, 194 Nm

I figure I should add in motor efficiency, and dod of 70-80%, so 950 watts of power and 1100 watts of batteries seems about right.

Do these numbers seem typical and/or accurate? I guess my question's are, what other “stats” should I be looking at, to get an idea of which motor would work for these figures? Should I be looking at wider gear inch ratios? Or is it just a matter of the motor drawing more current?

Drive train... My first thought at specs for a motor, would be 4-8 inch diameter (could go larger but I was hoping to put a power supply in the triangle as well), 2-4 inch length, 1000 watts rated power, 36-48 volts, 25-30 amps max. Am I wrong, or is this sounding a lot like a hub motor? Would the conversion be easy enough? Them being a kind of outrunner, and all? Do they make covers with reverse threads? Say for rh drive or something? Then get one with a single speed freewheel? Or get one with a disc brake mount, and adapt a lefty freewheeling sprocket to it somehow? Then fabricate a dropout that attaches between the seat tube and down tube?

It seems to me that little to no cogging would eliminate the need for a motor freewheel and adapter altogether, so coreless would be good (and since the diameter could go up, the tooth depth could go down, for the same amount of copper?), but I'm wondering how much coreless affects torque, sounds like a lot, unless you add a lot of magnet weight, although I'm not too opposed to that. I haven't even seen a lot of coreless motors, at least for a decent price, let alone pancake style.

It sounds like for grades gears are in, and hub drives (in a wheel) are out. I don't think I need 21, 7 should do just fine (although I'm looking at 11-32 instead of 12-28). I'm thinking ultra low kv (as in, how do those gearless hubs do it? Get 10 kv? I know part of it is the increased pole count, and more winds, but it seems to me something else must be going on there). Rc motors just seem to have way too much rpm, and the complexity and cost of that kind of reduction seems a bit much. I guess cyclone is pretty close to what I'm thinking, but cost is a little high, quality of that planetary seems weak (maybe not at my power levels, although I am looking at huge amounts of torque), and I can't help thinking that powering through the chainwheel isn't great on a cheap freewheel.

So I'm thinking, put a hub motor into the triangle, ditch the front derailleur altogether, and run the chain right over the top of a high quality (white ENO?) freewheeling hub motor sprocket, (back through an idler, maybe), then around a cheap freewheeling, single, chainwheel. With a 13T motor sprocket, and an 11-32 rear sprocket, and say a 6kv 36v motor, that gives me 260 rpm and 20 mph in high gear, and 88 rpm and 7 mph in low gear. I know i'm leaving out load and no load speed, but couldn't that just be adjusted by selecting a higher kv motor (say 8, 9 or 10 kv)? Then there's a slight difference in power requirement's at those speeds too...

After spending a little while here, going through dozens if not hundreds of threads, I've now become obsessed with the parameters surrounding motor design. (which has resulted in quite a bit of the paralysis by analysis syndrome, but I'm up for a good challenge)

Controllers... Mrbill's dyno of the mars axial flux had some interesting data. So I had to make a spreadsheet. I plotted the lines of peak efficiency at different voltages, and noticed something, that at peak points of efficiency, the amperage was always very nearly 2/3 the voltage. Is there a formula there? or is it just an anomaly of that motor? Do all motors exhibit this behavior, to some degree or another? Is there a way to do this, maintain a maximum efficiency by keeping the ratio of volts to amps in line? Would it be possible to use PWM, and just say, halve the duty cycle, double the amperage, and end up with basically the same amount of power, just at a different voltage? If not, and the voltage is bound to rpm, can't we just drop a gear? Raise the motor rpm, raise the voltage and amperage proportionally, get more power to accelerate? And what are the potential losses involved? (it's hard to imagine the free lunch transformer). If this is the case, you end up with a nice power curve, that increases exponentially with speed, like power required does. Want to slow down or cruise?, gear up, like overdrive. Want to accelerate? gear down, want to accelerate faster?, gear down again, kinda like a car, except better. If I weren't interested in efficiency, I'd mate it to nuvinci somehow, like link the shifter to the throttle, seems like the perfect compliment.

I like the idea of a speedometer linked to the controller, and having the controller only feed motor power if the value is 20 mph or under. Or maybe something along the lines of a “soft STOP” (or reduction), when approaching 20. A governor, of sorts, that would make it easy to comply with legislated speed limits.

I was also thinking of having the controller be able to take power from a generator (and even control the motor, throttle wise), and feed it primarily to the motor, or back to the battery (in the case of deceleration). Lastly, I was thinking paddle shifter. The derailleur is just being activated by a cable. There's gotta be a simple way to simulate this. I'm thinking servo, but it could be worm gear if that didn't work. First advantage, you could put a throttle sensor on it, and control the motor a little while changing gears (like “un torque”, or no load, the motor), seems like it would be great for the freewheels and the rear sprockets. Second advantage, you could hook up something similar to an automatics load sensor, and have it change gears FOR you, aka automatic transmission, for those out there in 406a land (Californias motorized gas bike law requires an automatic transmission).

Power supply... lipo vs lifepo4, vs generator. batteries, fixed power, heavy, and expensive up front, but cheap per cycle. thinking conhis ebay battery, 36v, 30ah, $625 delivered, but leaning towards lipo now. Zippy 10x 6s 5Ah, about $400, +bms + charger. what's the shipping like from HK? I've seen a couple of threads now, with generators, and wonder if a little gx35, ($250 delivered, or the gx50 at $325) directly connected to an rc motor and controller (say $125 delivered), might be the ticket. Just saw one exactly like that on a German website, but there was no data on it (I'm wondering about efficiency though, as in, why the motors can be 85% efficient as motors, but only 65% efficient as generators? Is there some principle here?) Made me start thinking about rc gas too. There's an RCGF 15cc motor that's $215, delivered, puts out 2.1hp, runs at 1500 to 15000rpm, and weighs 2 lbs. 2 stroke type fuel though, and probably screams like a banshee, but I figured I could use some of the extra hp in silencer/spark arrestor type exhaust. But it sounds like the perfect match to an RC motor, rpm wise, as a generator. I worked out the battery at $.35 per kw cycle, and the generator at about $1 per kw cycle. But the battery was around 30 lbs, the generator setup, 5 for the RCGF, 10 for the gx35, and 15 for the gx50, and the gen has the advantage of just carrying a little more gas, like 1 lb, for each extra cycle (not to mention the “refuel” time is nil and available on the road). The gx** is probably the best choice, as it's also carb compliant, which here in California is a something of a requirement. A lot quieter, regular gas, same price, just 5 or 10 lbs heavier, and a fair bit bulkier. The gen setup should also have a battery, powerful enough to start the motor, and able to act like a shunt during deceleration. So, the gx35 fuel consumption, as close as I can figure, is about 15% efficient, and generators are about 65% efficient, which gives us about 3600w of power per gallon. At around 15w/mi avg (I'm thinking with grades and return trips I'm looking at around 37 wh/mi), that's 240 mpge (or 100 for me, which is ok). What if we could get 20% on the motor, and 85% on the gen, this gives us 415 mpge (or 170 for me). Could we get this? What are the factors of efficiency here? Fuel injection? Electronic ignition? Switch to diesel? Better bearings? Balancing? Porting and polishing? Wouldn't a lost of these also get us to an rpm more like the rc motor, say 10k? And what about longevity? Slick50 type of additive to reduce friction? And how do I get it really quiet without losing TOO much power? Any idea of cost on these mods? Or is there some little super efficient mini diesel generator out there that I just haven't found yet?

Mounting... seems pretty straight forward, more of an afterthought really. Although, adjustability is a key factor. Being able to accept different motors, and being able to slide to take up slack in the chain might be a requirement (or idler setup). Also, being able to fit different bikes might get a wider range of people to jump in on development.

A few credits so far... Miles, you are one awesome researcher, good luck with anything you think up. LFP, you're a madman, pushing the limits of machine and man, stay safe, and when are you gunna take those pedals off your motorcycle? Jeremy, you have the most diverse and interesting collection of vehicles i've seen in a long time, do you even OWN a car? May you be forever young. There's a lot of people that really appreciate your patient and kind advice. That goes for all you guys, and many many more.

Well, looking forward to getting to know a few of you guys here, and seriously, thanks for all the inspiration, and help, here at the deep end of the pool.

Paul

I'm on the same path as you. much of the same build parameters. I a have a nuvinci if your interested. I tossed the idea of using it after I had my first version built. I'm on to version 2 and never took version 1 for a proper spin. It is easy to get bogged down in the analysis of the best way to go. Especially reading all the great things going on here. It amazes me the amount of r&d going on in here.

Geared hub motor on a chain drive, if you can fabricate.
I say chain drive because geared motors are very efficient, but they cannot take the kind of abuse that fire roads will put on a bike.

Also if you want to take fire roads, you will need major tires, this will eat into your efficiency pretty bad with rolling resistance.

Forget calculating tons of numbers down to specifics beforehand. There are tons of variables and things work out in real life differently than you expect on your first build.

Sounds like you dig anaylysing it. If you do get fed up with getting it all to work, a crazy low speed winding hubmotor will do just about what you want. They can be hard to find though.

So a 9 continent 2810 or even 2812 winding motor on 48v will get you up those roads. 10 miles is the optimum ride length for beating on a hubmotor without melting it, so for the longer trips you may need to stop to cool off a few times. Monitoring the temp all the way of course, if the 20% stuff goes on and on.

That setup will get you exactly a 20 mph top speed with a 48v lithium battery. Pedal briskly enough to maintain 10 mph and it won't overheat that fast. To really do it right, you'd have dual 2810's. That way you could put 500 watts into each, instead of 1000 watts into one. At 500 watts those motors will never overheat unless stalled. About 1000 bucks could get you the motor, controller, throttle, and enough lipo to go about 10 miles. The longer rides will take double the battery, and put you much closer to $1500. For really long range you could easily drop a thou on the battery and charging system alone.

But you are on the right track, a stokemonkey style build or a decent motor into the gears will definitely climb. If you can gear down enough, then the motor will run without making heat, and go all day. Then you might climb those grades, at 5 mph or so, on very low wattage. Around here, most of us just fall into the throw watts at it till you fly up the hill mold. Right now I run my 2812 motor on 1500 watts, 72v 20 amps controller. I just keep the ride undery 45 mins and don't have worries about overheating because I stop in time. I have dirt trails a mile from home so it's easy to swing home to cool off. :mrgreen:

The guys in the non hub section have the answers you need, so start conversations there. Over here in general, you attract dumshits like me who just slap on a hubmotor and ride.

Dumbluck, thanks for the offer. Interested? only since their pioneering days, lol. At first, you could only get the developers kit, which was like $700, so, not really feasible. Imo, it IS an incredible piece of engineering. Damn near sexy, if you ask me.

Firstly, when you say version, do you mean “your build” version? Or, the newer model nuvinci version? From what I remember of the early days, they were uneasy to think that they'd be used with motors. Nullify the warranty with motor use of ANY kind, type of uneasy (curious how they'd know the difference, at our power levels, though). But it makes me wonder how they'd perform at higher torque, or whether they'd survive. I guess a second build, light duty, around town, or take a friend, could be in order. As it is, I haven't made my first bike, and i'm already off designing a crazy build, but one should dream, right?

Secondly, I think it complicates the efficiency equation, and trying to stay legal and still do mountains means eeking out every last watt methinks. In a perfect world, where speed is only limited by your ability, batteries are cheap and light, and grades are something you get in school, it would be among my first choices in transmissions. Some think (and this could just be propoganda, from fallbrook, I don't remember the source) that the loss in efficiency (that they won't divulge) is made up for by the fact that you're allowed to pedal at an optimal cadence. Makes sense. And kind of like how I think that the loss of efficiency in my genset idea (when compared to an ICE direct drive) is made up by the motor's ability to operate at it's ideal output requirements, like HEV's.

Thirdly, to be honest, I have very little knowledge of how or why controllers function the way they do, (but i'm working on that) so it might be premature to assume that the idea would even work. It just seems to me that instead of one peak point of efficiency, there's something of a plateau, at varying amounts of power, at varying rpm. And then maybe it's just a matter of getting the precise gearing (hence the nuvinci, or any CVT I guess) to get exactly the amount of power you need, at the best possible efficiency. Maybe it's trying to find the pattern in the chaos thing, lol. I am not an engineer, but I play one in my head.

Lastly, if one could be had for a reasonable price, i'd have a hard time denying my overactive imagination the opportunity to investigate one, even if just for the joy of discovery. Speaking of which, any chance you might post some pics of your builds?

And ya, there are a lot of incredible minds here, and i'm sure i've just scratched the surface.

Neptronix, Ah, geared hub, built in reduction and freewheel, torquier, and smaller. Brilliant, thanks much. As for fabricating, i'm only setup for wood, but some bar aluminum shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Guess I should stop putting the cart before the horse and update the shop, lol. i'n thinking welder and some kind of press. any ideas?

As for rolling resistance, that's what I termed road resistance, and kind of accounted for with .008 and
.016. do you think that number is low? The roads are pretty smooth, not quite hardpack, not a ton of gravel, and some small boulders to dodge every now and again.

Lastly, you mention tons of variables, which i'm sure is correct. Are there any important ones that i've missed, in your opinion?

Dogman, yes, analysing is my niche (like I said, spreadsheet fanatic). Many thanks for the info, and I caught your trail vid, much fun, looks like the ebike version of baja racing. I've wondered about the dual motor setup. Seems like a pretty hefty increase in weight and cost (and you're right, I can't find a 2812 anywhere online, any links?) The thought of controlling two motors off one throttle seems weird, but I keep thinking I saw a thread for just that. And the idea of 2 wheel drive is pretty interesting. Do you think they don't overheat because of better efficiency? Or is it because the mass of two motors makes them able to better shed smaller amounts of heat? Either way, it now occurs to me now that less heat results in even more efficiency, if you consider that resistance in the windings increases with heat.
(I think I just found my next topic, “heat, the exponential enemy”). And your settings, 72v20a, would it maybe be reversed, for me, wanting lower speed and higher torque? I've read a lot here, and I've started associating V with speed, and A with torque, is this wrong on some level?

The 20% parts of my 15 mi ride are only about 1/8 mi, then there's probably 2 mi at 3%, and 5 mi at 5-10%. The 35 mi trip is pretty constant 4% grade for 15 miles.

On a battery note, $500 of lipo sounds like about 1400 watts, do you really think I need that much for just 10 mi? And $1000 worth makes the genset idea really tempting.

And ya, I follow the non hub section pretty extensively, but this was my first thread, so I thought i'd pitch the whole thing and see what panned out. Turns out, you may have renewed my interest in hub motors, so +1, thanks, and uh, keep up the dumshittery, lol.

Many thanks guys, Paul

If there are any 2810's left, Methods has em in the for sale section. 1/8th mile of 20% plus miles and miles of 10% would be no sweat for a 2810 on 48v 20 amps. You'd merely have to pedal up the short bit of steep. 20% is not that hard with brisk pedaling for a slow winding hubmotor. It's when you get to short slopes that are too steep to walk up very well without falling on your ass that you end up dismounting.

But none of that would be any fun, in the build dept. For clarity, my current dirt ride is the 2812 9 continent, now sold out, running on 20s lipo. 72v but only a 9 fet 20 amp controller from Lyens. The weak controller keeps me from feeding watts into it that are only making heat anyway. 25 mph top speed on the flat, and will do 20 mph up a light grade, like 3-4%. New vid coming out later today, showing a pretty steep grade climb. I think 20% at the top. I'll have to map it to be sure. At the top of the steep road, speed fell below 10 mph, so I pedaled it back up out of heat making stalling zone. Faster wind hubmotors have to be kept turning 15 mph or more to avoid heat. So I like a volted up slow motor for steep dirt.

Anyway, go geared and you can just shift to keep your motor in the happy rpm zone.

Battery and range, When I was riding with 48v 10 ah of lipo, (6 bricks of 5s) I was getting just about 10 miles of hard riding up and down hills out of the pack with a tolerable dod. About 300 for the lipo, but another 200 for the charging system, cellogs, connectors, paralell pigtails, connectors, etc etc etc.

I pretty consistently get about 42-48 wh per mile. With the 48v 2810 bike, 50-55 was more common. So the current bike with slower motor volted up more is a tad more efficient climbing steep hills. But not that much more. The current bike has 1500 watts avalialbe, the 2810 at 48v had 1000 watts.

With the 8 pack battery of 72v 10 ah, I get about 12 miles no sweat. Still tend to do 8-10 mile rides because by the time I ride more I'll start eating rocks when I get tired.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26603 Sould be some 2810's left. Get em while you can.

I have the 2nd production run 171b laced into a 24 inch rim. From the reading I've done the hub come in at about 70% efficient. I've decided to go with a SA hub as a jack shaft.

As far as the shop goes that's what ate up the last year of my free time I now have a 4ftx4ft cnc router able to mill aluminum. but not much done on the bikes. I'm currently working on drawing for version 2 of my bike build and building several small motorcycles based on 80-100-b. I will start fabbing them in a couple of weeks once everything arrives I will post pics.

I would be willing to sell the hub and wheel

Paul,

In case you missed this - though I expect you've done your own already........... :)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=312555#p312555

file.php

First build coming up. I'm still suffering from the paralysis by analysis syndrome, but I finally bit the bullet, and ordered a few things.

Got a used vpower 48v 20ah battery. the bms looks like an older unsealed one, and it looks quite fragile. Should I do something about that? Like a simple case for it? The build is the front suspension marin. The battery fits in the top of the triangle (just barely, but I figure that's a good thing). I was thinking maybe just a softshell, with hardcore velcro? Anyone have a link to something like that?

Got the new (2009 model) ecospeed kit (whoever got the used one, wutcha thinkin?) from kristen at cycle 9 (damn, that girl has a sexy voice). The eco is a 36v, 600w nominal, v1 bmc. Heard lots of reports about 50% of older eco controllers being crap(not to mention 36v), so I got an infineon 48v 35a controller. Should I get a 3 way switch? I'm still a little fuzzy about what they do (would be nice if that was some sort of variable amp limiting thing). The eco should work on 48v, right? I figure that it will increase the rpm, but i'll just use the lower tooth sprockets on the chainwheel, to keep it under 20, or maybe swap the large one out for an even lower one to increase grade capability. Anyone ever done that? With an eco, or maybe a cyclone? And while i'm contemplating upgrades, before I install it, i'm only looking at 1000w max, but since it's low speed, am I creating massive torque? Do I have to go with an ENO freewheel?

The throttle is a 36v thumb, but kristen said it'd work on v other than that, just the guage wouldn't be of any use (not that they're any kind of accurate anyways, right?). So, I was wondering about using an HK-010 watt meter, but I don't like the ah readout. Was hoping for wh readout. Looks like the turnigy watt meter does that, but i'm not liking the backlit display. CA does it all, but costs too much. Anyone have a simple low cost wh solution? I worry about the staying above 1C for too long, has there been progress on the amp controlling throttle forefront? Seems like you could make a programmable one, that has a continuous setting, a max setting, an above time setting, and a recovery time setting. Like, go above the continuous (20a, in my case), up to the max (40a), for the length of the above time (maybe 5 seconds?), and you drop back down to the continuous setting, until you've been there for the recovery time (maybe 2 minutes?). As for the present, what about some kind of secondary spring in the throttle itself, like, past a certain point (that relates somehow to 1C, or 20a?) requires substantially more pressure. Another thing I was wondering was, would it be better to stay in high gear at partial throttle, or lower gear at full throttle? Assuming speed was the same. My guess is the latter, but i'm not exactly sure why, lol. I'm thinking i'll have to do some experimenting. Speaking of which, is there something that records just wh and speed? I've got a garmin 60CSx, that might give me speed, and altitude. Does anyone know if you could just output the wh rate to it? Like an extra field to capture? Ok, more to research, lol. I know there's the data logger, but it's pretty expensive too. I keep thinking I saw an app for phones. Does anyone know what kind of devices are required for the inputs?

any other things I should be evaluating? I've got a week till stuff shows up. as always, thanks guys.

Ya, don't wear yourself out by over-analyzing everything. Just keep in mind that (imo) 1 hour of "real life" experience is often far better than a day of "crunching numbers" (like neptronix suggests). Also keep in mind that many hub motor power system component manufacturers print some pretty outlandish performance claims (I subtract about 15-20% from these "on paper claims").

ptd said:
Legality... I'm in California, so, less than 1000 watts, and less than 20 mph motor powered. I'd like to do lots of forest service roads, which don't allow motor vehicles.

Better make sure that your ebike doesn't "qualify" as a "motor vehicle" in the Ranger's minds. I, as a CA resident, know only too well that these guys are often allowed "make their own rules" and "determinations" as they wish. Also keep in mind that CA, in certain cases, actually forces horseback riders to put diapers on their horses while using public forests...

I would also suggest that you place your brake system at the top of your list.

Ok, kit arrived. Decently packaged. Full set of documentation for the eco kit, NOTHING for the infineon controller. Bad cycle9, lol. If only I lived in NC, kristen could get the spanking she needs.

The kit is missing a brake lever cutoff (which I did specifically ask about in my post).

First snag, the brackets between motor mount and downtube are for 1-5/8 tube. Mine is 1-3/8. Went to steel shop, found some 1-5/8 od, 1/8 wall, galvanized steel pipe. 2 cuts, $2. Got home, used a grinder to cut them in half, voila, shims.

Second problem, kit only came with bolts for ONE of the two clamps. Hardware store, another $2.

Next snag, clamps interfere with shifter cables. Figure to get some sheathing, not sure how to mount.

BB is supposed to slide through part of the motor mount. Doesn't seem to want to. And I don't want to damage the threads on the BB. Might sand it out a little.

Motor mount appears to extend BELOW the cranks, by about an inch. Not a problem, but might have to watch it off-roading.

Found a tool box for the battery. Cutting off the top, will put a light layer of cushion in the bottom and 1-1/2 high sides. Still not quite sure about mounting, but I can cut it to length. was thinking ubolts. Instead of parallel to the top tube, i'm thinking perpendicular to the seat tube, as the mount to the downtube is going to be angular any way I go. Considering mounting the controller directly to the bottom of it.

Ok, second setup, found a picnic case. Used to hold a couple bottles of wine and a cheese board. No more. Fits the battery perfect, and then wedges into the triangle perfectly. Even has a little netting top thingy that the bms fits into. Clears the cranks and the front derailleur. And it's green, lol.

OMG... major disaster averted. I stripped the drive side BB cup trying to remove it. Just the lugs on the cup. I think it might have been that I tried to loose the drive side first. It sounds like maybe the left side is the one attached to the bearings (although just the opposite with the ECO BB, the drive side has the “flange”) After an hour of frantically trying to figure out if I was frocked, I ran across a thread on another site where someone mentioned hacksawing it. While skeptical, it seemed like about the only option I had, so... probably dumb luck, but I made TWO cuts, the right depth (don't know how), took an awl, perpendicular to the threads, and popped out the piece in between. Cup screwed right out. And the threads are fine (other than a bit of rust). Phew!!! but now i'm really hesistant about those threads, especially considering the ill fit of the BB through the motor mount adaptor.

Back