gas price thread

Another 10K price range EV econobox. The Dayun es3 ev.
Dayun-EV-pictures.jpg

Ianhill said:
goatman said:
Chalo said:
Ianhill said:
i suppose the pain russia will feel from war won't be in oil prices or not as the war effort happens if they/putin can help it.

A dictator can artificially suppress gasoline prices, right up until he can't.

that is funny as frock coming from an American Democrat

Thats funny lol, reality is russia citizens will feel pain for their leaders actions even if they agree to war not

I live in the wales my political stance has become like my religion, atheist.

Not because i don't want to be ruled by a collective group of people finely selected to know better, but i don't want to be ruled by dribbling monkeys in a cage pulling levers been poked by wealthy capitalists with sticks.

Sad truth is we all owe our state of economy globally to wealth churning algorithms thats plugged into the stock market courtesy of the likes of the villian group blackrock and alike. We live in a comic book at this point shits got so blatant.

telling Russians theyre being sanctioned is like getting them suspended from school for a week because they were skipping class.
the ruble is up, gas is low and you have a week off to go on a 5000 km road trip
sounds like good times if i were Russian
when i hear russia is being sanctioned that means my food, gas and cost of living is going to skyrocket
atleast im not in Germany

goatman said:
the ruble is up, gas is low and you have a week off to go on a 5000 km road trip
sounds like good times if i were Russian
when i hear russia is being sanctioned that means my food, gas and cost of living is going to skyrocket
atleast im not in Germany

The last 20+ years in the USA demonstrate that with enough funny money, targeted manipulation, "creative" bookkeeping, and the collusion of the power players, you can paper over a crash for a good while. What's beginning to unfold today demonstrates that a reckoning will come sooner or later, no matter how many hot checks you write and how many suckers you convince to accept them.

Russia is busted. But you're falling for their poker face, for more or less the same reasons you think I'm a Democrat. Your bought-and-paid-for ideology has blinded you to facts.

Hillhater said:
One is a theoretical figure derived to make a political/social point,…the latter is a direct $$ figure that can be directly verified.
In this case, both are fictional !
So actual money is fictional?

Please send me around $50,000. I will use it to pay taxes, which are also fictional. Since it's fictional so you shouldn't miss it.
Of course oil is a valuable item for many uses, and every effort should be made to limit its use to those critical applications ( chemicals, pharmacuticals, plastics, etc) , but at the same time, suitable energy substitutes have to be allowed to replace it.
That's what is happening - despite actions from people like yourself to stop it.
Currently, the oppososite is happening with cheap coal , nuclear, and gas power generation being rejected in favour of unreliable expensive, weather dependent generation that cannot provide a practical solution.
And yet coal is being replaced by gas. And gas is being replaced by renewables. It is, by definition, a practical solution, since it's happening.

Specificially, we are adding 21.5 GW of solar and 7.6 GW of wind this year alone. Using capacity factors, that means we are adding the equivalent of 8 gigawatts of generation - the equivalent of four large nuclear power plants.

I am all for nuclear - but it takes 20 years to build a new one, and we don't have the money to build more than a few. So it's not a near term solution. Solar/wind/storage is.

Chalo said:
Russia is busted. But you're falling for their poker face, for more or less the same reasons you think I'm a Democrat. Your bought-and-paid-for ideology has blinded you to facts.
Keep in mind that many North Americans can only think in black and white - and from their perspective, there are only two things you can possibly be. Comes from watching professional sports, where there are two teams, and only one of them wins.

i dont watch sports but there is one thing id like to see
a round robin death match between some of our leaders
all these ass holes want a one world government, great reset, you will own nothing and be happy agenda
except for one of them

Putin vs Biden
BoJo vs The Turd
Macron vs Zelensky
Klaus vs Gates

Id be betting on Putin to be the lone survivor

JackFlorey said:
Hillhater said:
Currently, the oppososite is happening with cheap coal , nuclear, and gas power generation being rejected in favour of unreliable expensive, weather dependent generation that cannot provide a practical solution.
And yet coal is being replaced by gas. And gas is being replaced by renewables. It is, by definition, a practical solution, since it's happening.

Specificially, we are adding 21.5 GW of solar and 7.6 GW of wind this year alone. Using capacity factors, that means we are adding the equivalent of 8 gigawatts of generation - the equivalent of four large nuclear power plants.

I am all for nuclear - but it takes 20 years to build a new one, and we don't have the money to build more than a few. So it's not a near term solution. Solar/wind/storage is.
Do you understand the scale or cost of 21.5 GW of Solar, ? ..or 7.6 GW of wind ?
Even without the storage to make it somewhat useful ? ..Or the additional cost of infrastructure to connect them to where the power is needed ?
And as has been proven over and over ( look at Germany currently) it will still be a weather dependent, intermittent , high consumer cost, power system.
AND… in 20 years (or less ?) it would all have reached the end of its useful working life ,and have to be replaced !….. 3 times for the same life of a Nuclear plant !
The SENSIBLE , low cost , near term solution is USC Coal generation, with gas peaking…..until the next gen modular Nuclear units can be rolled out.
The only obstical to that practical solution is a dumb, self destructive, misguided, green movement.!

Seems like everyone is happy now that Gas prices have come down. It's odd how people adjust to the new cost. You just jack up the prices let them get used to it. Then drop it a bit and call it cheap or dropping fuel prices.

nicobie said:
Good luck getting it past the US safety standards...
They now produce and sell big trucks in many parts of the world, so they are most likely very much up to the task of air bags and seat belts. Not rocket science. Top spec of this model is on the 14K Usd range. Anyone still thinking that china will not take a significant market share (baring gov intervention) of the auto-truck market in the next few years is kidding them selves.

Premium for me was $4.35 at last fill up thanks to Costco. I've sent all my documents off for my next degree and cert, so soon I hope I'll be commuting to school and work entirely by bike. I can't go carless, but I can do the next best thing it seems!

speedmd said:
nicobie said:
Good luck getting it past the US safety standards...
They now produce and sell big trucks in many parts of the world, so they are most likely very much up to the task of air bags and seat belts. Not rocket science. Top spec of this model is on the 14K Usd range. Anyone still thinking that china will not take a significant market share (baring gov intervention) of the auto-truck market in the next few years is kidding them selves.
Not for rollover protection tho. Ironically, the stuff going into that airbag IS a rocket :lol:

Also anyone claiming Russia is going okay because the "Ruble is up" doesn't understand jack. They've burned through their CAPEX and are now propping up their bills with gold and petroleum for artificial valuation while going into new depths of resource shortages. America could do something similar at any time- China intentionally devalued their currency and still does- but long term it typically deals damage like in Sri Lanka right now, where you might have an economic event where you can't devalue anymore but you don't have anything in your nation to give purpose for the "worthiness" of your dollar.

CONSIDERABLE SHOUTING said:
Also anyone claiming Russia is going okay because the "Ruble is up" doesn't understand jack. They've burned through their CAPEX and are now propping up their bills with gold and petroleum for artificial valuation while going into new depths of resource shortages.
Which is one reason they are so dangerous now. They know that crash is coming unless they (for example) successfully invade a nearby country and steal its resources. And if it doesn't work in Ukraine, they are going to start eyeing other neighbors. It is literally life and death for Putin now, because he know he will not survive the collapse if he keeps going in the direction he's taking his economy,

JackFlorey said:
Also anyone claiming Russia is going okay because the "Ruble is up" doesn't understand jack. They've burned through their CAPEX and are now propping up their bills with gold and petroleum for artificial valuation while going into new depths of resource shortages.
Which is one reason they are so dangerous now. They know that crash is coming unless they (for example) successfully invade a nearby country and steal its resources. And if it doesn't work in Ukraine, they are going to start eyeing other neighbors. It is literally life and death for Putin now, because he know he will not survive the collapse if he keeps going in the direction he's taking his economy,
Except he can't afford- literally- to start more wars. Ukraine is now taking up all his young male conscripts between 18-20, his tech sector has literally fled, and we've been watching Russian guided rockets reduce in numbers launched from hundreds literally into the single digits because sanctions and chip shortages mean no more of either. Shit, they're even sending T-72s and T-60s to the front now- tanks as old as the cold war! I'd rank nukes as being more likely than a second war to be frank, and even that is super unlikely both because of the chain of command needed to fire one AND because Russian corruption means the damned things probably don't work anymore.

Except he can't afford- literally- to start more wars.
It costs him nothing to make a nuclear strike on a nearby capitol and then take over the uncontaminated areas. And he could easily use the excuse that he just wiped out a bunch of child-raping Nazis or something, and explain that he will CERTAINLY never do anything like that again. Perhaps he could blame a general or something.

Sure it would be monumentally stupid. But as you mention, he can no longer afford to do it conventionally. And his life is on the line.
AND because Russian corruption means the damned things probably don't work anymore.
Yep, their reliability is in the shitter. But he has a lot of them, and can just keep firing them until one happens to work by chance. It only takes one.

JackFlorey said:
Except he can't afford- literally- to start more wars.
It costs him nothing to make a nuclear strike on a nearby capitol and then take over the uncontaminated areas.
It'll cost him everything. We never *stopped* aiming nukes at them, and any nuclear strike to NATOs eyes, even if it was on a nation that wasn't actively seeking membership, would likely be struck right away because it would show the world that Putin no longer cares about anything but lording over radioactive ash. We wouldn't hit him because he's weak, we'd strike because at that point he's the worlds rabid dog and who knows what he'll try next?

It'll cost him everything. We never *stopped* aiming nukes at them, and any nuclear strike to NATOs eyes, even if it was on a nation that wasn't actively seeking membership, would likely be struck right away because it would show the world that Putin no longer cares about anything but lording over radioactive ash. We wouldn't hit him because he's weak, we'd strike because at that point he's the worlds rabid dog and who knows what he'll try next?
So his choice is certain death if he does nothing, and potential death if he uses NBC weapons. (In his mind.) He's already the world's rabid dog; it's not like that's going to change anyone's opinion of him.

And we are going to be VERY reluctant to wipe out Moscow even if he had no potential retalitatory force.

JackFlorey said:
So his choice is certain death if he does nothing, and potential death if he uses NBC weapons. (In his mind.) He's already the world's rabid dog; it's not like that's going to change anyone's opinion of him.

And we are going to be VERY reluctant to wipe out Moscow even if he had no potential retalitatory force.
Death is no certainty for him in Russia if he loses; modern Russia is effectively fascist with all the propaganda that comes with it. He very well could 'get away' with claiming "THA WEST" used everything against him and the "de-nazification" basically happened, cause ya know, we killed so mean of em ja? We didn't need Ukraine tsovarich! We have enough raw materials!
... unless the shortages get worse, which I believe they probably will.

As for reluctance? Biden's openly threatening Iran that if they don't get in line there might be a goddamn coalition with Israel and frocking Saudi Arabia; if NATO got actived, we'd be marching on Moscow before you'd realize. Putins got border patrols, but as Ukraine shows he no longer has the trained professionals in his army needed to keep a needed defense up. And that's not even getting to whatever the HELL the F-35 can do, or that fighting NATO means fighting the EU with it's ~20 economies versus one.

goatman said:
i dont watch sports but there is one thing id like to see
a round robin death match between some of our leaders
all these ass holes want a one world government, great reset, you will own nothing and be happy agenda
except for one of them

Putin vs Biden
BoJo vs The Turd
Macron vs Zelensky
Klaus vs Gates

Id be betting on Putin to be the lone survivor
seriously? no one wants to help out the kid wit sum FGTH?

must be on everyone's ignore list.

ignore lists are for pussies that live in echo chambers
i blame the USA for murdering all the innocent Ukrainians and Russians that would still be alive today
if they hadnt overthrown the Ukraine govt in 2014 this war wouldnt be happening right now
The West is trying its damnedest to turn this Nuclear, is the Dead Hand still operational? some here think Russia barely has the ability to start a fire with a match stick and some kindling but have you seen Satan2?
you guys really think sanctioning Russian oil and gold is going to do anything?
Europe will freeze without Russian energy and China will gladly take all it can get
look at how many Stalin killed or Mao killed
now do the math on how many the USA has killed in the last 50 years

goatman said:
i blame the USA for murdering all the innocent Ukrainians and Russians . . ..
Do you blame the USA for murdering all the innocent Japanese and Germans during World War II, as well? Because unlike the Ukraine conflict, we literally dropped the bombs that did that.

goatman said:
if they hadnt overthrown the Ukraine govt in 2014 this war wouldnt be happening right now
Dude how high are you right now

The West is trying its damnedest to turn this Nuclear, is the Dead Hand still operational? some here think Russia barely has the ability to start a fire with a match stick and some kindling but have you seen Satan2?
You believe Russia?

you guys really think sanctioning Russian oil and gold is going to do anything?
Already has; China is literally demanding prices they want from Russia with no competition. Not good for the wallet.

Europe will freeze without Russian energy
They'll live. Or Scholz will have a functional brain cell and will reactivate the nuclear plants. Or they'll get it from Norway.

look at how many Stalin killed or Mao killed
now do the math on how many the USA has killed in the last 50 years
We only kill em once we've extracted all their value, Mao starved them out in their prime arguably to keep anyone from rising against the new party with memories of the Kuomintang fresh in their minds

goatman said:
Dude how high are you right now

He's in a chud bubble, where bad dreams pass for reality (as long as you don't look into them). It's funny-sad that they have their subjects thinking everyone else is deluded.

I could wish he knew better, but that would presume he deserved to understand. Not sure I can presume it.

Chalo said:
He's in a chud bubble, where bad dreams pass for reality (as long as you don't look into them). It's funny-sad that they have their subjects thinking everyone else is deluded.

I could wish he knew better, but that would presume he deserved to understand. Not sure I can presume it.
I know, but at the same time there's a human being on the other end of these points of light; and becoming Vatnik scum is a fate worse than death! I'd do anything to keep him from the legions coping and seething on twitter each time HIMARS removes another 20 Russian artillery ammo depots.

The goatman is funny. He has no use at all for the U.S.. He hoped trump would have won the election so the U.S. would go down the tubes even quicker than it's currently going.

He is basically a troll looking for attention. However, I must add that he's done some good work on battery capacity.

Back