Hall sensor for motor

kocetoMR

10 W
Why is this middle hall sensor different from the others?
Will it work if i put 3 x ss41f.Is there a cheaper alternative SS41?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122-200604.jpg
    Screenshot_20231122-200604.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 29
  • -18316153511462482198.jpg
    -18316153511462482198.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 28
Often when the middle sensor is different, it is a 60-degree angle motor (rather than the more common 120).

If you look up the p/n for the two kinds of sensors, do they have opposite polarity sensing?

Often when the middle sensor is different, it is a 60-degree angle motor (rather than the more common 120).

If you look up the p/n for the two kinds of sensors, do they have opposite polarity sensing?
they all have the same polarity.

Just to be sure, by polarity I mean: when the north pole of a magnet passes each one (vs a south pole), do all three switch on (grounded), or do any of them switch off (floating, 5v if connected to the controller's pullups).

If the middle sensor doesn't operate differently, there isn't a reason for it to *be* different; it costs more to use different parts both because of the labor to make sure of the different part in that place, and because they get less discount on the two separate parts quantities than if they bought more of just one, and all the handling/storing/etc of keeping them separate..

Last edited:
Check the data sheets for those hall sensors. Some of them may be latching. Probably the outside ones and the middle one may be non latching.

Check the data sheets for those hall sensors. Some of them may be latching. Probably the outside ones and the middle one may be non latching.
Yes,after checking datasheet (ss461a) this one in the middle is latching-I don't know what it means but..Еxactly the one in the middle is defective.
i cant find ss461a,can i replace it with ss460s

A latching hall sensor will stay on until it senses a magnetic field polarity change, so the latching ones will stay on longer than the non latching one.

So if you can’t find a direct replacement then it’s worth finding one with similar specification. I guess it’s worth a punt with an SS460S. Seeing as the original is faulty.

Last edited:
Yes,after checking datasheet (ss461a) this one in the middle is latching-I don't know what it means but..Еxactly the one in the middle is defective.

Your part number doesn’t seem to match with the assembly‘s picture numbers?

I take a latching designation to mean that it switches state when a positive gauss is sensed. Holds, or “latches“ in that state
until an opposite (negative) gauss is sensed that meets the differential requirement. Only then will it revert back to its original state.

With this in mind, did you test this particular sensor by having both magnetic poles brought close to the face of the IC. One to latch, the other opposite pole to release…

I wouldn’t want to talk anyone out of repairs or experimentation if desired… but would just a like replacement work?
Purhaps something like this…

Hall Elemets For 3-wheels/4-wheels Electric Vehicles Y3461 G3141 Y3461 Hall Sensor With Board Motor Sine Wave 1500w Hall - Buy Hall Elemets For 3-wheels/4-wheels Electric Vehicles,Y3461 G3141 Y3461 Hall Sensor,Hall Sensor With Board Motor Sine Wave 1500w Hall Product on Alibaba.com

Unless you used this picture just for an example of close to what you have?

Regards,
T.C.

Gotta be careful when ordering replacement latching sensors. Some latch on when they sense a South Pole and others latch on when they sense a North Pole.

Back