• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Help Bionx battery bleeping when fully charged

Tutchy

1 µW
I have a Mercedes Smart bike I purchased a month ago and all had been working well, however when I now turn the Bionx system on the battery continuously bleeps even though it shows on the console as fully charged. The console doesn’t show any error messages and the PAS doesn’t work. Has anyone any idea as to what the problem might be?
It has been suggested to me it could be damp somewhere in the electrics as I have ridden in all weather on my commute to work and I have therefore now got the bike sitting in my living room in the warm.
Any help or advise appreciated as not sure who or where I can take the bike to get it fixed as Bionx have now gone bust.
Cheers Tutchy

The issue may be the motor.

To find out try this:
Put your battery on a different Bionx motor / bike. Does it beep?
Take a battery from a different Bionx kit and put it on your moto. Does it beep?

Disconnect both the power (2 wire) and signal (multiple small wires) connectors from the motor and with the wheel off the ground, spin the wheel by hand. If the motor resists spinning with a "significant" amount of force, you likely have a short circuit in your phase supply system and would require opening the motor and making repairs to the internally mounted controller. If it spins freely, there's probably a faulty circuit path somewhere outside of the motor, so check (visually *and* electrically!) all your wiring and connectors. Also, google for a list of beep codes originating from the battery BMS, since the pattern of beeps might give you a clue to the source of the problem.

Back