new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cast aluminum alloy is comparatively brittle and should not be used with forks for hub motors.
Forged aluminum alley dropouts, (welded on - mounting points), seem to hold up properly.

Though, of course, steel is the best choice.

Umm ... I think only one member actually recommended your forks as being OK ... dnmun ... ?

OK, LAST TIME!

Is the steering tube threaded or not, is it 1 1/8" and how lomg is it?
I have asked you that before Christmas, so you could ask Doug those questions.
Almost all forks today are wide enough for the frt hub. They might not fall in, but do fit. I told you I have a STEEL fork but need to know if it will fit. I will not send it to you if it won't. It's old but like new and is also not high tech.
It's off this, I bought a couple years ago.
887.jpg.jpg
Dan

WHO told LC to go lipo ? I need to know. I started back reading but gave up. Is this a real thread ? And is their a real latecurtis with a 160 IQ ? Just asking.

Latecurtis sorry for sounding hard. I stuck up for you very early in this thread for dreaming. But some dreams can be nightmares. lipo can be a plasma fire if you make one mistake, one not two. So people are giving good advice but follow good simple advise. Don't reinvent the wheel. There are people giving you real world advise to follow. Lipo is not for me or you. Maybe a plug and play battery might be better.

999zip999, +1 spot on advice. Latecurtis please for your well-being heed this advice. good day. :D

lipo is not as risky as everyone dreams up imo. if you overcharge it long enuff to get it hot enuff to reach thermal runaway then it is risky, but that is impossible to do with these balancing chargers and BMSs.

the biggest risk is from shorts. all the fires documented here were from shorts. not from lipo igniting in thermal runaway, except for ian when she overcharged the small pack with the big pack and then it never ignited in a fireball, but was smoking when she pulled them apart. i think even that event could have been managed by putting the small (in serial count) battery that had overcharged back into the series she was using and then drained charge off the smaller overcharged pack by using the pack for power on the bike and discharged it down that way. maybe.

i suspect some of the fires are caused by the chargers cooking a capacitor that spits fire out the end and catches an adjacent piece of paper or plastic on fire or catching the guts of the charger on fire.

Dmnun and Wesnell need to take a trip to Latecurtis to help him out. Yes if you are going to suggest lipo you guys go over there and show him how. No excuse's. Please help a man not burn his apartment down. I expect so reply from Dmnun digging himself out. Dmnun not many people can be as trained and smart as you as you have spent many years in school.

Hey Zip, don't blame them, I'm the idiot that sent him the packs.
Never figured it would be so hard to wire up, since I sent the wire harnesses and connectors to hook it up with not changes.

2 parallel and balance harness, al needed was a charger and I sent that later. I sure hope he listens to reason here instead of bitchin about sparks or shocks. As I told him befor, 44v is no shock unless you are wet. A small spark when connecting but no big arc like he got after changing the wiring.

Sorry guys, I guess I'm just a dumbshit for doing it. What could be so hard to do?

dan

DAND214, would einstein have listened to you ? you all are a very tolerant group of advisors. I wish you all good luck with your efforts to teach latecurtis. This kind of reminds me of the battery commercial where they are trying to fit a square battery into a round hole. Good luck fellas. :shock:

1999 trek 930 single track 1/18 thread less. aftermarket Aheadset. I got that strait from Douge. I'm at his house now.

1999 trek 930 single track 1/18 thread less. aftermarket Aheadset. I got that strait from Douge. I'm at his house now.

LC-polarity.pngPostby 999zip999 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Dmnun and Wesnell need to take a trip to Latecurtis to help him out. Yes if you are going to suggest lipo you guys go over there and show him how. No excuse's. Please help a man not burn his apartment down. I expect so reply from Dmnun digging himself out. Dmnun not many people can be as trained and smart as you as you have spent many years in school

Postby 999zip999 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:19 pm

Dmnun and Wesnell need to take a trip to Latecurtis to help him out. Yes if you are going to suggest lipo you guys go over there and show him how. No excuse's. Please help a man not burn his apartment down. I expect so reply from Dmnun digging himself out. Dmnun not many people can be as trained and smart as you as you have spent many years in school

Thanks for your concern. The Lipos will be inside of a Lipo bag that Dan sent and in the metal box. I also got a fire extinguisher. There should be no fires from using Lipo. Of course I have to wait for the plugs. The only plug I got is the series connector. I have three parallel plug cables and 10 - 6s balance cable extensions coming in the mail. This will allow me to run and charge in the Lipo bag inside the box all the time. The only thing I did not order yet is the switch DrkAngel posted. It took three weeks to get the series cable. Right now it is a waiting game. With free shipping it takes awhile from China. Yes any help is appreciated. If Dan sends me forks I will make sure I get the right washers for the lawyers lip. Doug told me not to use the aluminum alloy forks. I did not listen. I learned my lesson. At least I did not get hurt.

Thanks guys. Latecurtis out.

4IMG_0346.jpg

I will get rid of the SLAs and mount the cash box where the SLAs are on this picture on the back rack. It should go a lot farther than the SLAs. The controller is on the side of the rack close where the batteries go. I mounted the controller and will mount the cash box with the switch in the top of it. The controller wire will never need to be unhooked. All I will have to do is hook up the charger and turn the switch. This should also work when I replace the 4 - 6s bricks with the 2 - 16000mah 6s bricks for $124 each later down the road. I can still use the same switch and it should last many years. I will order the switch on the first or second of February. I will try to get two day shipping on that to speed things up a little. If DrkAngel posted the switch I am sure it will work. Hooking it up is the only issue.

Also I have a good idea on how to help other ES members 1 on 1 to hook things up and stuff. A good high resolution web cam and software would probably be cheaper than traveling hundreds of miles and would almost be like being there. I am buying a decent desktop from Doug. I will get a decent web cam and he will install the software. I think there is free software for such an application.

It is after 9 pm. I am walking to the gym and doing my shoulders and triceps tonight. You all have a good night. Thanks Latecurtis.

latecurtis said:
Also I have a good idea on how to help other ES members 1 on 1 to hook things up and stuff. A good high resolution web cam and software would probably be cheaper than traveling hundreds of miles and would almost be like being there. I am buying a decent desktop from Doug. I will get a decent web cam and he will install the software. I think there is free software for such an application.

Bill Gates has already one upped you:

1421966901017.png

Pair of goggles that you can wear that will augment reality. Another person can see exactly what you're seeing, and use a computer to draw into your vision, so that you can follow their instructions exactly.

Maybe his IQ is 161?

i doubt if this dad has any iq if he thinks connecting it that way is gonna work. kinda obvious it is a movie/advertising prop and the people who made up that scene have no clue about how to plumb a p-trap.

onboard charging.jpg6srun and charge.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back