new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
marty did write about starting his own forum electric-bicycle-forum.com there are ways to track down who owns the url name and might be able to dig deeper I like the ebikesforum.com name better then the hash marks between the words what is next? using the letter z to replace the word s forumz marty was generally complaining about missing content and reminiscing about old members who are no longer active on the web. There has been several crashes of the web server along with some transfers which has been posted about if you choose to bother to read or post in any other thread

latecurtis said:
https://ebikesforum.com

marty. Is that yours ????? :?:

yea.

I prefer to post here on

AS The Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

new ezip motor ?

The answer is no.

Thanks.

LC. out

I just watched an interesting video regarding my Lishen 18 Ah LTO batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqaZESrFgWs

He tested 6S - LTO. starting voltage = 15.54V.

SAG voltage @ 180 amps - 10C = 13.5V at 40 seconds.

So 15.54V / 6 = 2.59V * 20 = 51.8V.

SAG @ 20S = 13.5V / 6 = 2.25V * 20 = 45V.

Since I will only be discharging at 2 or 3C SAG voltage for me should be > 47V. Basically I should get great performance from my Lishen batteries. Also I am happy that standing voltage at full charge will be > 50V.

Charging voltage is 56V for 2.8V per cell. I have a 15 amp - 900W 54.6V charger though so can only charge at 2.73V per cell so will not know if I will get 51.8V or not. I will just have to charge them and see. I really do not want to buy another charger. It was over $130 for that.

Thanks.

LC. out.

calab said:
how many chargers and batteries do you have now
Working? All that money and not a nickel's worth of working batteries, motors, or bikes.

$130 is a steep price for a charger it could have been a nice common generic cvcc bench top power supply dial in any voltage you want in the range

tomjasz said:
calab said:
Working? All that money and not a nickel's worth of working batteries, motors, or bikes.

You have stated on more than one occasion that you are not posting in this thread again. If you have nothing constructive to add then please do just that.

You seem obsessed with continually posting personal remarks only intended to disrespect, insult, embarrass, bully and antagonize LC. Why are you stalking this thread/LC this way. There are laws against online harrassment and bullying. You are one sad individal, I feel sorry for you.

latevance

Welcome to the post.

Not sure what tomjasz problem is. Maybe he is just a wise ass. You are right though he could post something constructive or related to the post like triangle bags or factory racks.

He is MR. professional e bike builder but would rather complain about how my e bikes are NOT good enough to post , yet he offers no information how I could do it better.

Not sure why ?????

I wish it would change though.

I worked on my LTOs today. Last night actually.

I need ring terminals for the 10S active balancers. Not sure the gauge wire. Maybe 18 gauge. I got 10 gauge ring terminals but not sure if I got enough. I think I need more. Nuts also. I need to check. The 20S - LTO pack/packs are still under construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IGsUNH-GMo

The video I saw earlier on made my day though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqaZESrFgWs

I know I will get my moneys worth from them. I spent over $600 but they are high performance batteries with 30,000 discharge cycles. They wont SAG like that LIFE garbage I bought.

Not saying all LIFE batteries are junk. I am saying the prismatic cells look like the real deal. NEW and high quality. Not some forgotten box of cheap 26650 cells on a dark shelf somewhere with an inch of dust on it. :lol:

But even those piss poor LIFE batteries I continuedly bitch about are better than any Lion or 18650 cell ever built. They will last 20 times longer so will be spending $1,000s of dollars to replace. My current 12S LIFEPO4 pack at 15S will run my 1,800W brushless motor at 25 mph for 5 to 6 miles at least 3,000 times even damaged. Probably 5,000 if was not soldered. :lol:

The new pack wont be soldered so will run as stated. In parallel with the first 12S pack a little less SAG and even more power.
Why would I want to test my first 12S - LIFE pack when I can build a second ? ; Like they say. If it is not broken, don't fix it.

Thanks.

LC. out.

calab said:
marty did write about starting his own forum electric-bicycle-forum.com there are ways to track down who owns the url name and might be able to dig deeper I like the ebikesforum.com name better then the hash marks between the words what is next? using the letter z to replace the word s forumz marty was generally complaining about missing content and reminiscing about old members who are no longer active on the web. There has been several crashes of the web server along with some transfers which has been posted about if you choose to bother to read or post in any other thread

latecurtis said:
https://ebikesforum.com

marty. Is that yours ????? :?:
I don't like - hyphens ‐ in domain names either but electricbicycleforum.com was taken. electricbicycleforum.org is available but I am not a big fan of .org

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.org
It is commonly used by non-profit organizations, open-source projects, and communities, but is an open domain that can be used by anyone.

Someday I plan on starting my own religion, but I promise to never discuss that here.
https://martyism.org

electricbicycleforum.net is available
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.net

A forum is a little like a network?

Someday I plan on providing free internet to everyone on planet earth. For now it's called the marty_network and only available a 100' or so from my house. No password needed to use the marty_network.

Any better domain name suggestions for a Electric Bicycle Forum? I am open to suggestions. Is a Ebike a bicycle for Elephants? What does the I stand for in IPhone?

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/135191/20160220/apple-iphone-ipad-imac-ipod-heres-what-the-i-means.htm
Apple iPhone, iPad, iMac, iPod: Here's What The 'i' Means
The "i" stands for "Internet," Jobs explained.

latecurtis said:

I bought some similar looking batteries in 2007 for a unfinished electric bicycle project. Read about it here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1170

They most likely are dead from age now. BMS is still good. Look how cells are attached in my battery. People in China are better at building batteries then I am.

You know that you can buy a battery and charger all done. Might be cheaper and easier in the long run. Lots available. Look.
https://ebikes.ca/getting-started/battery-options.html
BatteryKitsBanner.jpg
If none of our own battery offerings meet your needs, we can also highly recommend the knowledgeable folks at Batteryspace.com and EM3EV as alternate suppliers of lithium battery packs in a wide range of capacities, form factors, and voltages.

or
https://lunacycle.com/18650-ebike-battery/

latecurtis said:
Why would I want to test my first 12S - LIFE pack when I can build a second ? ; Like they say. If it is not broken, don't fix it.
How about ... So you can find what the problem(s) is\(are)!
Learn from your mistakes?
40/60 solder?
cold solder joints?
excessive heat from bad soldering method\excessive solder?
"16ga" speaker wire (CCA?)?
twisted-taped wire connections?
Poor cells?
some bad cells?
damaged cells?
or
if mechanical problem?
bad\poor efficiency motor?
bad\poor efficiency controller?
too tight chain causing severe wear\inefficiency?
soft tires?
excessive weight?

How about ... So you can find what the problem(s) is\(are)!
Learn from your mistakes?
40/60 solder?
cold solder joints?
excessive heat from bad soldering method\excessive solder?
"16ga" speaker wire (CCA?)?
twisted-taped wire connections?
Poor cells?
some bad cells?
damaged cells?

I have not rode an e bike in over a week. Maybe longer. I am back to sleeping all day again until dark. Staying up until 5 or 6 AM drinking beer. I have time on my hands and could test the LIFEPO4 to answer some of those questions.

However how do I test for all that ??? I think my 6S - LiPo charger can do a capacity test in discharge mode. I would have to set it which I never did ??? Is that the test you are talking about and how to solve for each situation ???

I will need the cut off voltage and any other formulas needed. I do not want to remove the packs from the boxes they are in though.

Please let me know if my LiPo charger can do the capacity test / other tests and do I go by the factory discharge specs ??? 2.5V recommended and 2.0V maximum.

Once I build one more 12S - LIFEPO4 pack all my 36V needs will be met. Also once I get the 20S - LTO pack finished my 48V needs will also be met.

However to meet my 60V needs I will need to hook each of my power modules in series with 3S - 4p for 16S. I could use any advice you can give me on that.

IMG_0576.JPG

That motor will run a lot better at 60+ V. Not 48 or 53V !!! Those power modules are the right discharge rating though for the 70 amp controller. I just need to run 16S with a Bluetooth BMS.

No big rush on that though as until the time comes that I move to a better place or get a solar panel kit installed out in the van the power modules and all other 18650 cells will be sitting. I still would like to know though. I am currently looking for 3S - 4P high discharge packs already built. I must be able to unhook the 3S - BMS though so can wire it to a 16S - BMS with the power modules.

DA. Did you say that lithium ion 18650 cells and LiPo packs are the same chemestry ????? :?:

Since Hobby king has all kinds of LiPo packs there should be some 3S packs that could work. The capacity needs to be really close to the same as well as discharge. Since most LiPos are high discharge and come with balance cables it should not be difficult to hook up 3S - LiPo to a 16S - BMS with the power modules ????? :idea:

The power modules are 6.4 Ah each so a 6,500 mah - 3S - LiPo pack should work right ???????

I did a search but found no 3S - LiPo packs in the 6500 mah range. I did see a lot of 4S LiPo packs though. Would it work ? Would it be better to use a 13S and a 3S active balancer or a 17S - BMS. ??? I am thinking I might have to charge separate for 17S as not a common voltage ?????

What will work ???

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latevance said:
tomjasz said:
calab said:

You have stated on more than one occasion that you are not posting in this thread again. If you have nothing constructive to add then please do just that.

You seem obsessed with continually posting personal remarks only intended to disrespect, insult, embarrass, bully and antagonize LC. Why are you stalking this thread/LC this way. There are laws against online harrassment and bullying. You are one sad individal, I feel sorry for you.

Sock puppet? Odd that you're a new account with zero posts other than defending this awful thread full of disinformation, other than the kind fellows trying to help?

I recommend you try to get 1 simple project working properly before you start thinking and talking about more complex projects.

I recommend you try to get 1 simple project working properly before you start thinking and talking about more complex projects.

Yes I agree. That makes sense.

I do not plan on running the 3 kilowatt brushless motor or the power modules right now. Looking at mid summer at the earliest.

It is why I am ordering the 25 Ah prismatic cells first. I will need a better more compact 12S pack so I can do a professional build with the Giant Roam with the dual e bikeling motors. I can run that exclusivelly on a rear factory rack. NOT the bulkey LIFE packs I got now.

It is also the best batteries for the 26" Diamondback Outlook with the dual Bafang motors. And last but not least the Currie. For that I could run my current LIFEPO4 12S pack in parallel with the new prismatic 12S pack for extra range and a lower SAG voltage. :mrgreen:

Once all that is accomplished I will be running the 20S - LTOs for the 26" dual suspension and 20" - 1,800W brushless motor.

Then after those builds are done the 60V motor and controller with the power modules in series with LiPo.

I am in no big hurry. In a few days I will order the 12 prismatic cells and bus bars. Then will order that for the Currie.

http://www.thesuperkids.com/cu36vo40amp3.html

curriecontroller.png

I made a list which shows my priorities for projects in the order I will be doing them. However as far as gathering information that can happen in any order. It is why I asked about the power modules in series with LiPo.

Also as much as Tomjasz hates me , I do agree on building more professional , good clean builds. He just offers zero information or any positive feedback on how to accomplishing it. There are six GOOD builds in that list of 10 e bike projects below.

1. Currie = 36V - both 12S LIFE packs for > 30 AH

2, 26" Diamondback = 36V new prismatic pack SOLO - A professional , good , clean build.

3. 700c Giant Roam = 36V. 36V new prismatic pack SOLO - A professional , good , clean build.

4. 26" dual suspension = 48V = 20S - LTOs

5. 1,800W brushless motor = 48V = 20S - LTOs

6. 20" Turbo with 800W direct drive hub = 48V = 15S - LIFEPO4. Current packs.

7. Haro V3 , 3 kilowatt brushless motor 60V = 13S power modules in series with 3S or 4S LiPo. A professional , good , clean build.

8. The FX - 75 - 5 electric dirt bike project. = Not sure about batteries. Maybe the new telsa cells. :lol: A professional , good , clean build.

9. A 2 kilowatt GEARED hub kit for Easy Street (700c hybrid) Not sure about batteries. Maybe a 16S prismatic pack. A professional , good , clean build.

10. 1,500W - 20" direct drive for the 20" Diamondback Viper. Not sure about batteries. Maybe a 16S prismatic pack. A professional , good , clean build.

Thanks DA. for your patience.

Should I set my LiPo charger for 2.5V then and discharge each 6S pack and the 3S pack for capacity test ? Never did a discharge test so not sure if it will be able to test each cell bank. I might need the 5 in 1 meter to test voltage after the discharge cycle and then plug it in a formula to get each cell bank capacity.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

that is obvious. by mid summer you could have a useful and working battery from all the crap you already have which I asked what you have.com
I am in no big hurry.

that is obvious. by mid summer you could have a useful and working battery from all the crap you already have which I asked what you have.com

12S - LIFEPO4

3S - LIFEPO4

- 26650 cells from Battery Hookup. the cheap ones.

FullSizeRender_clipped_rev_1copy_a1abf097-5f18-4d66-9cfb-36965f592a84_1024x1024@2x.png

three 22 Ah SLAs

24 - Lishen LTO 18 Ah cells

A 13S 20 Ah factory lion pack.

Two 13S Panasonic power modules.

about 200 - 18650 loose cells. some in 1S 7P and 1S 10P banks.

NOT charging 18650 lion inside my apartment.

Ordering GOOD , Quality LIFEPO4 25 Ah prismatic cells in a few days with bus bars.

The cells in the picture I built 12S - 5P for 19 Ah anf 3S - 5P also. They charge and run but < 10 miles of usable range and SAG a lot under load. I need better and > 20 miles range. Why I am ordering the Prismatic cells.

Thanks.

LC. out.

what do you want when everything goes your way

latecurtis said:

12S - LIFEPO4 - 26650 cells from Battery Hookup. the cheap ones.

3S - LIFEPO4

three 22 Ah SLAs

24 - Lishen LTO 18 Ah cells

A 13S 20 Ah factory lion pack.

Two 13S Panasonic power modules.

about 200 - 18650 loose cells. some in 1S 7P and 1S 10P banks.

NOT charging 18650 lion inside my apartment.

Ordering GOOD , Quality LIFEPO4 25 Ah prismatic cells in a few days with bus bars.

Thanks.

LC. out.

what do you want when everything goes your way

I made a list of 10 e bike builds complete with batteries on my last post. I plan on doing all of it eventually. Methodically. And like I said am turning over a new leaf for my New years resolution. At least 5 or 6 of those builds will be clean and professional.

I will be ordering triangle bags to hide and waterproof controllers and wires. Rear factory racks for compact battery packs. New stickers / paint and pedal gears on most of them. No wood and vice grips to replace torque arms. :lol: No milk crate baskets but factory black wire front baskets on a few.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Hey LC, aren't 25ah cells too big?
I can't sat as I've been laying low since quad bypass.

I would ignore that guy.
The more said the more hassle you get.

Glad to see you are still stubborn as always
You learn your way.
Maybe not others way but I know you do it your way.

Dan

I am really glad to hear from you DAN. Glad to see you are alive and still kickin.

I did the math a few posts back. Let me look.

I just did the math. These cells are 1-18" thick. 2-3/4" wide and 7-1/8" high.

Not counting a box to hold them perfectly the width and height will not change and total length stacked up vertically will be 1.125 * 12 = 13.5" That is a nice compact pack.

I quoted myself. Basically if you compare that to the packs I built and am building in my latest video the prismatic cells will be absolutely perfect for a rear factory rack and professional clean builds.

With a box it should be < 8" wide if I lay it on its side and < 4" high and < 14" long. Weight about 20 pounds.

The LTOs I am working on now will weigh 45+ pounds as well as the 12S - LIFEPO4 I built with the three SLAs on top of them. :roll: Also my current batteries take up 3 to four times as much space as the new prismatic pack will be.

Also both my current 12S LIFE and 20S LTO pack are designed to slide over the top bar of the frame for even weight distribution. It covers any stickers and is huge , ugly and made out of wood. Basically impossible to do a clean professional build with but capable of running my e bikes for thousands of usable charge cycles :lol:

I am looking for both dr. Frankenstein builds that are unorthodox , ugly but cargo capable , reliable and with extended range , but also five or six clean , factory looking professional builds.

Here is the video I just did tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitKgAGgq1w&t=3s

DAN - don't be a stranger. Post more often if you can.

Thanks.

LC. out.

use a bicycle trailer to haul around your batteries https://www.instructables.com/Single-Wheeled-Bike-Trailer/ https://www.instructables.com/PVC-Bike-trailer_1/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EF9Y7dwLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJG5u-QawaI&list=PL6zR6xC-2D1iM82UxQP68sL4Jb3Gby7Y9

The e bike push trailer.

I brought up the topic several times here on this post and nobody was interested.

Also converting chain to belt drives. Nobody liked the idea but I do , and still like those ideas.

However my battery boxes will work. As heavy and bulky as they are they will have even weight distribution.

The center top bar enables front rear or both cargo baskets also. No need for trailer. The battery boxes are adjustable and slide backwards or forwards on the top bar to center the weight. Perfect design but a cosmetic nightmare. Functional , not pretty.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back