Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Willow,

Looking at the links that V posted , would it perhaps be better to buy one or a couple of JST-SH extension cables from Hobby King ?
Not sure if it is JST-SH , perhaps V can verify that. Not sure how many wires, the way to find out how many is to subtract one wire . For instance these wires/plugs are used to balance Lipo Batteries, and for a 5s battery there will be 6 wires/holes in the plug. for 6s batteries there will be 7 wires/holes in the plug and so on. see what you have on the display and subtract one number for the right JST-SH extension wire/cable that is listed for what size battery .
Hopes that makes sense to you , if not any person near you that uses RC batteries for their plane/car/drone can help you and will know in an instant if that is a JST-SH plug.

Hi Vasily today I use regeneration when I slow down, not with the brake just by letting go of the accelerator, but the engine brake turns off if I let go of the pedal completely. How to make the engine brake work even when the accelerator pedal is at zero%. I activate the speed limit at 0% function in the advanced parameter modes but that doesn't change anything.
In order for the engine brake to work, I have to press the accelerator pedal very lightly.

Yes I did, but it's the same. It may be necessary to reset the pedal setting, because I have changed the minimum and maximum accelerator voltage.

Ok thank you Vasili I think I haven't set this parameter, thank you for your help. :wink:
Perfect I set the parameter in "controls". It's much better like this.

Hi Vasili.
I would like to submit an idea to you for a next update. Is it possible to put numbers corresponding to each menu, submenus and parameters of the controllers, so that we can easily find them on the wikidot.
For example :
1 Controller Setup
1.1 Control modes
1.1.1 Modes setup
1.1.2 Electric brake setup ...

2 Display setup ...

Yes exactly !
:lol:

Hey folks!
Little news, i made one thing quickly - Nucular uLight (micro light)
ncu4xcol.jpg

8qOz8otl.jpg

Lj7L5gUl.jpg

Tiny board to control lights/brake signals and other stuff, with throttle/brake inputs. Mainly for upcoming new 6F controllers and stand-up scooters.

10-15V supply ~10A total max
Common ground output
6 PWM channels with 3A/ch out
4 PWM signal lines
2 Temperature sensors input
3xCAN connectors for pairing controllers
Configurable with display :)

Good job :bigthumb:

Nice :thumb:, the thing with the brake light function from e-brake is what many will like.

VasiliSk said:
with throttle/brake inputs. Mainly for upcoming new 6F controllers and stand-up
Sounds like it could be used as a replacement of the display?

via CAN or should external DCDC be installed?

is there anywhere to buy pre-terminated connectors for the screen (or whats the name of the connector type, sorry I know it was asked somewhere already)? doing them without the proper crimping tools is a royal pita.

https://nucular.tech/

VasiliSk said:
Hey folks!
Little news, i made one thing quickly - Nucular uLight (micro light)

Tiny board to control lights/brake signals and other stuff, with throttle/brake inputs. Mainly for upcoming new 6F controllers and stand-up scooters.

Common ground output
6 PWM channels with 3A/ch out
4 PWM signal lines
2 Temperature sensors input
3xCAN connectors for pairing controllers
Configurable with display :)

What about indicators/turn signals?

VasiliSk said:
Turn, warning, brake, high beam, low beam, horn
If you connect controls to display (or use hotkeys) you can bind them to one of these functions
The title of the topic have never been so true "complete kit for ev !"

Will this Nucular uLight also be available for the 24F in future release ?
This might prevent to buy motogadget mo.unit on motorcycle built !

Maybe that's the idea, if not please check their product, eventually to expand with more functionalities on future uLight ?
mo.unit support all kind of input buttons (impulse or switch) and include PTC resettable fuses, this is great.
https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-unit-blue.html

Gaston said:
The title of the topic have never been so true "complete kit for ev !"

I been waiting for this comment! :lol:
Expand.. well that's will be no more cheap tiny "micro" board. On link its more like automotive high grade thing
They will be available later, i will run local testing for a while, sold few prototypes to people around here.

Latest update posted on wiki: http://wiki.nucular.tech/en:firmware

v0.58B Display
Fixed 0V throttle issue.
Fixed charge statistics reset.
Added kmh/mph switch.
Added more parameters to info. lines on main screen.
Added hotkey mode for compatibility with controller speed functions.
Fixed contrast setting.
Added driving range, calculated from WH usage.
A lot of tiny fixes.

v0.7.12 Controller
Torque PAS fixes
Fixed configuration import for advanced modes
Added configuration selector from 1 to 9
Import will show first line of configuration, you can put a comment here
Fixed N mode
Fixed motor wiggle at charger mode
Added more debug information

Back