Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

The New World Record for Sur-Ron Light Bee X with Nucular controller!

The fastest speed that was ever captured on a modified Sur-Ron Light Bee X with Nucular controller 24F:
141 KM/H (88.125 MP/H)

This speed was verified by 2 GPS satellite devices that were on the Sur-Ron X during this successful attempt (can be seen in the first 15 seconds of the video):
#Dragy DRG 69
#Garmin Edge 1030
This was performed on a closed road with full protective gear.

This extremely modified Sur-Ron X weighs 70.5 KG and has produced a peak of over 20KW for over 15 seconds. We can't disclose the rest of the specs and settings at this time, as we're hoping for a more serious achievement!
😎

We are very proud of this achievement of our customer from Israel. Thanks to all the people who took part in this world record!

#surron #surronx #surronlightbee #customsurron #electricbike #ebike #fastbikes #ev #nucularelectronics #nucular #nucular24f

That's some serious speed on such a small and light bike. I wonder how much original parts are left of the Sur Ron drive train...?

I'm having the same issue as @Cowardlyduck. Display is losing connection with controller (CAN_LEC=5). It started a while after updating controller and display to latest FW. It's seems to be software bug. Sometimes it works OK, sometimes it has fault right after turning on controller.

Hi there,
I continued to troubleshoot mine recently and managed to get it working (mostly) with the latest display and controller FW versions. It's still not 100% stable and the display looses connection to the controller occasionally, but it's better than it was.
One thing I noticed is that if I restore my controller config from before this seems to make it loose the connection more.
So instead I went through the config file line by line and reconfigured all the settings. Painful, but the only way to avoid the issues.

Now, all that being said, I still have problems. My new 40mm LMX motor will not run smooth. I've tried auto tuning a thousand times, but it still runs rough at full throttle.
If I only turn the throttle a little bit, it runs smooth, but then at a certain speed it gets rough. It also seems to struggle to maintain higher speeds, oscillating up/down.

I've tried playing around with hall settings, sensor settings and a bunch of others without success.

If I switch to sensorless, it works fine. If I swap in my old 30mm LMX motor it works fine.

Any idea's anyone?

Cheers

Still haven't figured out my rough motor issues, however I'm hoping it will be possible to fix later, or won't happen under load and progressing with rebuilding my LMX64 anyway.

I have a new issue...I switched over to a new torque sensing bottom bracket, and when changing the PAS setting from Disabled to Torque sensor it does not stick with an error 'Port in use' displayed. The same thing happens when selecting PAS sensor and when using my old bottom bracket so I know it's not the new one.
Anyone have any experience with this one?

Cheers

Still haven't figured out my rough motor issues, however I'm hoping it will be possible to fix later, or won't happen under load and progressing with rebuilding my LMX64 anyway.

I have a new issue...I switched over to a new torque sensing bottom bracket, and when changing the PAS setting from Disabled to Torque sensor it does not stick with an error 'Port in use' displayed. The same thing happens when selecting PAS sensor and when using my old bottom bracket so I know it's not the new one.
Anyone have any experience with this one?

Cheers
Just set port settings right. You need to set Port I5 = Spec and save / reboot. That if you use pas in one port, if you use Torque sensor then you need to set Port I6 = Spec also.

Just set port settings right. You need to set Port I5 = Spec and save / reboot. That if you use pas in one port, if you use Torque sensor then you need to set Port I6 = Spec also.
Thank you! This worked and it's registering torque for me now. :)

I have no idea how I would have known this without your help, so really, thank you!

Cheers

Hi, sorry did not got email notification.
Do you still have CAN issue? If so check connector pins inside, sometimes they may get bent in wrong direction:
instead of pin" | " being between connector like this " \|/ " it may be wrong like " \\| " and loose contanct
Also you can inspect display board for any water signs, if you say you got old display.

p.s. added PAS io note to the manual, thx.

Completely redesigned controller 24F!
Full article by this link

Major changes in short:
No more wires! Only connectors!
20230707-9418.jpg20230710-10601.jpg20230710-10605.jpg
Colour options:
20230707-9617.jpg
Plug and Ride kits for SurRon LB:
20230709-10047.jpg20230709-10197_B.jpg
And for Talaria 3000/4000:
20230709-10035.jpg20230709-10159.jpg

Hardware was completely redesigned for easier production and we already speeding up delivery of controllers. No queue! (for now lol)
Talaria kits currently very limited but should be avaible month later.

FW Update v0.8.12
Full changelog by this link

• Added MPPT solar logic - now it is possible to charge battery through controller using directly connected solar panels! Special thanks to our Portugal user, who donated for this feature :) (seem to work much better than chinese 'mppt')
  • Added throttle lock when brake pressed
  • Added neutral mode by timer
  • Button now turns off controller without need to release it
  • Added motor gear ratio
  • Many other fixes

Yes, 6F in active development. Will share previews in dev channel on telegram soon!

FW Controller Update v0.8.13 and Display v0.82B
The most important update is the setting of access levels to select the number of controller settings. Now in the menu Controller > Extra parameters > Access level four levels are available to you:
  • Novice
  • User
  • Advanced
  • Engineer
Depending on the selected access level, some menu items will be hidden to make it easier to configure the controller. For example, at the Novice level, a minimum basic set of settings will be displayed. At the Engineer level, all possible settings will be available.
Full changelog here

Yes, 6F in active development. Will share previews in dev channel on telegram soon!

FW Controller Update v0.8.13 and Display v0.82B
The most important update is the setting of access levels to select the number of controller settings. Now in the menu Controller > Extra parameters > Access level four levels are available to you:
  • Novice
  • User
  • Advanced
  • Engineer
Depending on the selected access level, some menu items will be hidden to make it easier to configure the controller. For example, at the Novice level, a minimum basic set of settings will be displayed. At the Engineer level, all possible settings will be available.
Full changelog here
This is great news, any estimation on when we can order, I would like to try one out with my bbshd. I'm also curious will the new revision be the same spec's as before or will it be higher, I'm after 150 phase amps so the current 6f would be a little lower then I would like

You should make a bbshd kit for it like you did for the bigger bikes, sounds like a great controller for one, that's what I plan to use it for

Well, make a video of yourself juicing a BBSHD with 200A @ 90V. That should be fun, and short. And educational.

Well, make a video of yourself juicing a BBSHD with 200A @ 90V. That should be fun, and short. And educational.
I bet the bbshd would handle it better than you would think. At least 200 phase amps, battery amps it would be toast! My current controller does 150PA and now that we are in the colder months it handles it like a champ on my typical rides I don't even get close to throttling and the exterior doesn't even hit 40C, but then again I put the most heatsinks I've even seen on a bbshd before to help keep it cool

Back