Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Thanks Vasili for the link to the doc - I've spent a lot of time in it but didn't connect the dots. Sorry to have wasted your time.

My next question for anyone who can shed some light:

I've got the 12F running on my trials bike. Originally it had a Fardriver. The Nuc feels like it is very close to the power of the Fardriver, but not quite.
I've gradually ramped up the settings in the Nuc until I got to the Amp limits - 250 ph / 150 batt. At that point I was seeing max 210 A phase on the trip computer. This was up pretty steep hills but not putting on enough load to actually prevent it accelerating. The bike has 10:1 reduction onto a 17" rear moto wheel, so it's pretty tough to find something that really stops it.

I then somewhat nervously upped the battery Amp limit to 160A. Result was the Phase A rose to 230A. 8.8kw.

So my question is - is it OK to raise the Max Battery Amps above the "~150A" limit?
I notice the Phase A limit is hard limited, but not the Battery A limit, which leads me to think it might be OK if I'm careful. As this is a trials bike it spends most of it's life close to idle, with momentary bursts of full power.

I'm hoping it might be OK to gradually raise the Batt Amps until I get close to the 250A Phase amps, but really don't want to destroy this terrific little controller!

Thanks

bikerpete said:
VasiliSk said:
You can setup port to CL1..5 to 'Config Load 1'

Thanks Vasili.
Unfortunately I don't understand your shorthand.
When you say Port, what do you mean?
And CL means what?

I see Hot key 1-4, IO 1-8 and CAN 1-16. But no "Port" and no "CL".

Feeling a bit dumb here. :oops:

If you want to set that load config button example in display most right button, then go to display settings and there buttons setup. Set hotkey 4 type to normal and hotkey 4 func. to can_4 and save settings. After that go to controller settings, and there I/O configuration. Find Can port 4 and set there CL1. And save settings. Now when you press display button (first in right) it load config named ncconf1.cfg in your sd card (you need to made that file before).

Using that method you can setup more buttons to load more config files. Or use external buttons if you don't want to add those in display buttons.

I recomended to join Nucular Telegram group. There you can get answers much faster than here.

Nixunen said:
If you want to set that load config button example in display most right button, then go to display settings and there buttons setup. Set hotkey 4 type to normal and hotkey 4 func. to can_4 and save settings. After that go to controller settings, and there I/O configuration. Find Can port 4 and set there CL1. And save settings. Now when you press display button (first in right) it load config named ncconf1.cfg in your sd card (you need to made that file before).

Using that method you can setup more buttons to load more config files. Or use external buttons if you don't want to add those in display buttons.

I recomended to join Nucular Telegram group. There you can get answers much faster than here.

Thanks.
I got it sorted out by ..... read the bl***y manual.
I had, I promise. Just not the right part, or at least not understood it properly. Oh well.

Is there a time frame that can be given for the 6f and 12f? I would like a 6f for my bbshd and a 12f for a lightning rods BB build, I placed an preorder for all 3 controllers though incase the 24f came in stock sooner, would be over kill for my needs but if I save a good amount of time it will be worth the extra cost.

VasiliSk said:
6F is unknown yet. I want to make it on new technology but certain chinese mosfet manufacturers are stubborn and dont want to make new package design :))

Here is my attempts on nucular 24F based karting:
[youtube]TFdnVHtLtAw[/youtube]

That is a dang shame, the 6f looks wonderful for my bbshd and the price with a display is good. I would love to somehow get my hands on one. So no more 6f's on the old design? I can't help but think that if the update isn't coming any time soon that I wouldn't be the only person happy with the current version :)

Same thoughts on the 12f as well but for a lightning rods big block build, any time frame on that? I really don't want to go with a bac2000 but seems like its the only option if I want something high tech. But I also really want the nucular, charging with any charger and that display looks too good to pass up

Hey VasiliSk, just checking in any update for the 6f yet? And can I get an time estimate on my 24f preorder, 3753A

Hello electric geeks!
Got some news, for everyone who missed we updated display. It is also in stock now, you can order new one any time on website.

More bugfix updates for controller, before adding new functionality:
Controller v0.8.9
This update fixes issues with the reverse function of the previous release and also some problems with recently made controllers. There are known issues with starting under high currents that will be investigated later.
Also added 'load default' option by section, now you can easily reset system settings and keep all control settings.

Thank you for your work, can't wait for the controllers to be easily available like the LCD displays.

VasiliSk said:
Hello electric geeks!
Got some news, for everyone who missed we updated display. It is also in stock now, you can order new one any time on website.

More bugfix updates for controller, before adding new functionality:
Controller v0.8.9
This update fixes issues with the reverse function of the previous release and also some problems with recently made controllers. There are known issues with starting under high currents that will be investigated later.
Also added 'load default' option by section, now you can easily reset system settings and keep all control settings.

Apologies if i am not keeping up with current affairs, been away for several years. Is there a timeline on the 12fet controller revision?

VasiliSK,

When the BMS are available will they be filled off the original pre order? I pre ordered back in late 18 or early 19, I forget right now when I ordered the 24F. Just want to make sure I’m still on the pre order for one and don’t need to do anything else?

Thanks

Tom

Just wanted to check in since its been a while, any update on the newer stuff like the revision on the 6f? :)

I have a weird issue I'm yet to really troubleshoot, but my display keeps no longer detecting my controller randomly. I suspect a loose wire, but it could also be a software bug, so I might try re-flashing also.
Any tips on tracking down the cause? It will randomly stop turning the motor or letting me switch power modes. It also does not let me 'see' the controller when I go into the settings config, but this seems to be the case all the time now.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Well I'm not sure it's the proper way to do it, but I ended up getting it working by using the latest Display firmware, with the old Controller firmware from 2021. I now know there is a bug where the display no longer shows the controller (I experienced it badly), but it seems like updating the controller to the latest for me was also having that problem. I was able to escape the bug initially by immediately going into the controller menu following display FW update. It seems there is a brief window where it sometimes still works.

I tried every possible combo I could think of and used the forced controller update function, but the only thing that seems to work for me so far is the latest display FW with the older (late 2021) controller FW. That being said, the way I got to that point was by updating everything to the latest, then rolling the controller back, so maybe that's why it still works and displays the controller from the display.

Maybe I will still try further by rebooting it a few more times between updates and settings restore. I did notice some weird behaviour where it would not apply all settings following import until after it was power cycled a few times.

Cheers

Back