PAS modification (adding an ON/OFF switch) question

tmho

1 kW
I have finished adding PAS to my e-bike and is working okay. I want to add a switch to turn PAS off when I do not want PAS. My plan to do this is to add a switch to one of the 3 wires of the PAS. Is my plan feasible?
Below is the photo of my diy cable to be added in between the sensor and controller in order to turn off the PAS. The plug with red wires will go to the on/off switch and the other 2 plugs to the controller and PAS sensor. But I could not get the PAS working when hooked up. What is wrong?
(I have checked the resistance of each wire of my diy cable between the 2 end plugs. They are all about 1.9 to 2.2 ohms. I have also plugged the diy cable to the controller side and the switch only and found the voltage at the other end of the diy cable is 4.73V between the power and ground, which is the same on the controller when the diy cable is not plugged in.)

DSCN6000.JPG

The PAS works w/o the jumper cable, right? You must have flipped the wire order in your jumper, although it seems OK in your picture. Check it again and make sure PAS sensor power and ground still go direct to the controller power and ground. Those plugs are polarized are they not? Any chance you managed to flip one when pluggimg them together, which is the same as flipping the wire order.

Another wild guess might be your ohmmeter is really telling you 1.9 Kohms. not 1.9 ohms, and the connections are poor.

I think this wiring ought to work, so it must be something obvious.

docw009 said:
The PAS works w/o the jumper cable, right? You must have flipped the wire order in your jumper, although it seems OK in your picture. Check it again and make sure PAS sensor power and ground still go direct to the controller power and ground. Those plugs are polarized are they not? Any chance you managed to flip one when pluggimg them together, which is the same as flipping the wire order.

Another wild guess might be your ohmmeter is really telling you 1.9 Kohms. not 1.9 ohms, and the connections are poor.

I think this wiring ought to work, so it must be something obvious.

docw009, thank you very much.
Yes, you are right. I flipped the wire order for the ground and signal. What a big and obvious mistake I made! Luckily, nothing blow up.

Back