Powerfull HUB motor under 500dollar

Pota

100 W
Which hub motor will fit a normal sized bike and give an insane torque and good speed combined with 72v 150amp controller?
I want something that can wheelie, and also have pretty high top speed.

Sounds like you'd need a $500 rim for it to me.

There IS a point, where cheap bike parts fail. Not saying a $5000 DH bike cant hang. But you are looking at a cheap deal on a motor, when what you are planning will need a $2000 fork on it. :roll:

More affordable stuff can still be fun, and relatively safe, with 3000w or so, and pull a wheelie when you want one.

The worst e bike I ever rode, for me, was a 10,000w wheelie machine. To some it would be the best, but for me, I just kept having to jam that front wheel back down to turn it. It just would not stay down unless you only gave it 3000w. Out in the dirt, I easily left it in the dust riding a 1000w bike. I could turn mine, and the trail was lots of turning.

Fun on the street though, where you could just wheelie for a block.

The cheaper motor out there is the muxus, but it is too wide for 135 mm, so your bike better be adaptable to wider somehow.

12,000w is way too much power for a regular bike frame. You will need something with majorly strong dropouts and some motorcycle components for that to even be remotely safe.

I can wheelie and blow past cars on 4000w.. 48v, 85A..

As for what motor to use? see the ebike photo and video section where people are showing off their builds.. easy to see what works there and what doesn't.

Back