• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Problem with Cycle analyst wiring (with shunt)

Whitehawk

10 W
Hi all,

Please I need some help, here is my configuration CA v2.3 + shunt grin tech and kelly KBS. Throttle wired on the CA. My ebike is working but :
- power limitation on the CA does not work
- power on the CA is shown in negativ (ex : when i push throttle, it show -25A instead of 25A)

CA.png

What is wrong with my wiring ? Do i need to connect the black wire somewhere ?

Thanks a lot !! :D

Whitehawk said:
- power on the CA is shown in negativ (ex : when i push throttle, it show -25A instead of 25A)
There is a marking on the shunt for which end connects to the battery, and which to the controller. I suspect you have them swapped, but you don't indicate which you have where in the drawing.

If that's not it, then you may need to zero amps in the CA setup, and/or do other configuration steps.

Do i need to connect the black wire somewhere ?
AFAICR each of the functions that comes out of the shunt wiring has a pair of wires, colors indicated in the CA manual. They should be used in those pairs, as each has a signal and a ground.

If the black wire is part of a signal pair you are using, then it should be connected wherever the CA manual says that should go.

Without checking, I would guess this is a ground wire, but you'd need to verify that before connecting it anywhere, to be sure it goes to the right place without smoking anything.

There is also more info about various configurations, wiring, and pretty complete step by step install and configuration instructions in the Unofficial User Guide by Teklektik, available by searching his posts for that or UUG, or off the Grin Tech http://ebikes.ca site on the CA pages.

Hey Whitehawk-
Got your PM.
Your diagram should be correct for a CA3, but I'm a little confused because the diagram shows the throttle connected to your CA2 - which has no throttle input.
So - to clarify your hookup:

1. Do you really have a CA2.3 or is it a CA3?
  2. Or - Are you wiring the CA2.3 for Current Throttle?
The negative current reading sounds like the controller and battery connections are interchanged on the shunt - easy thing to check.
Black wire is fine - not really needed.

Hi Teklektik,

Sorry, it is a CA3 !

Yes maybe connections are interchanged on the shunt, I will have to resolder my XT90 connectors, that could explain the power limitation not working if i'm always < 0A :mrgreen:

Will post here if resolved after reverse the shunt :)
Thank you for help !

Back