psu for battery charging?

def215

10 kW
i am looking for a psu for charging my lithium pack(7s konion) . i read that a lot of you guys on here are using the meanwell 350-24v to charge your 6s lipo with success. i want to get a meanwell, but i dont want a 350-24v unit, because its rather large. i was looking on ebay, and im seeing the lower wattage units, like the 60-24v,which will definitely fit my needs because its small enough to be portable so i can bring it along on a ride if i need to charge. i was wondering if it was possible to use one of those smaller units, and not a larger 350-24 unit and still get the job done, except for a different charge time?

i was looking at something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mean-Well-S-60-24-Power-Supply-2-Amp-21142-/360215626475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53de8642eb

any input is appreciated. thanks in advance.

AFAICT, other than that it will be a slower charger at only 2.5A max (60W at 24V), it could work as long as either it is not a hiccup mode current-limit version or those current limiting boards recently (last month or two) developed will work with it, to prevent it from shutting down due to too high a load.

thanks amberwolf.

i just looked up the specs for them on the site and i think i cant use it anyway. i was hoping it had a decent voltage adjustment range, which is only up to around 26 volts. i want around 28 volts to charge my lithiums. :cry: so might now i think ill look for an actual lithium charger that can do 8s(7s pack + 1s booster) to charge my entire pack.

Back