The bike is not working anymore

alexscard

10 W
I have just bought a new controller, a new battery, and also the motor is almost new. The controller is a low quality one.
Now, for about 50km everything worked, some days ago i took the bike for having a ride, when I accelerated, for a microsecond it started to go, then nothing, dead. now nothing is working. the battery has the right voltage between + and - , while from the controller, on the throttle's wires i don't have any voltage. What do you think it could be?

alexscard said:
I have just bought a new controller, a new battery, and also the motor is almost new. The controller is a low quality one.
Now, for about 50km everything worked, some days ago i took the bike for having a ride, when I accelerated, for a microsecond it started to go, then nothing, dead. now nothing is working. the battery has the right voltage between + and - , while from the controller, on the throttle's wires i don't have any voltage. What do you think it could be?
I'm guessing you fried the 5V supply while messing around with your throttle
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113952&p=1685596#p1685343

no, as i said in that topic, finally the controller started to work. then i've done about 50km riding it, one day i parked the bike and when some days later i tried to go for a ride it didn't work anymore

alexscard said:
no, as i said in that topic, finally the controller started to work. then i've done about 50km riding it, one day i parked the bike and when some days later i tried to go for a ride it didn't work anymore

How do you know that when you don't even know why it stopped working, why it started working, or what was wrong with it? The fact that is started working without you knowing why, doesn't mean that you fixed it.

when it wasn't working at the beginning, i had voltage between the wires, infact the wheel was running, but on its own. now i don't have the 5VDC and it doesn't run in anyway, so it's a different problem. i don't know what problem, but i know is different.

alexscard said:
when it wasn't working at the beginning, i had voltage between the wires, infact the wheel was running, but on its own. now i don't have the 5VDC and it doesn't run in anyway, so it's a different problem. i don't know what problem, but i know is different.

Because the 5VDC got fried. Just takes shorting two wires by accidentally touching them together.

Carefully check any connectors between the controller and the display or wherever the on/off switch is. Look for damaged or pushed in contacts. If those all look ok I would open up the controller and look for a bad connection.

Back