TOOLS FOR BIKE BUILDERS

You will laugh when I post a picture of the custom machined dies. Why? Because they have been modified for 13mm OD tubing. I'm building a monocoque frame and instead of just joining the panels at the corners, they will be welded to the 13mm tubing to make smooth, rounded edges. That tiny tubing in the giant bender just looks hilarious! Overkill city!

I'll definitely need to turn some different dies soon. Thanks for the materials tip!

hello guys
here I have other components of my roll bender
IMG_2675.jpg
IMG_2674.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2680.jpg
IMG_2679.jpg
IMG_2677.jpg
IMG_2676.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2683.jpg
IMG_2684.jpg
IMG_2685.jpg

I have some more
IMG_2686.jpg
IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
here I have a new metal cutter with fast grip
IMG_2693.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2694.jpg
will come more picture with bend pipes and cut pipes with my notcher :D Valy

Keep it up Valy! I'm loving this stuff!

Oh, if anyone needs to turn some small stuff like these rollers, you can use your drill press in a pinch.

Run a bolt or threaded rod through the piece, use nuts/washers to secure the piece on the rod/bolt

Chuck the bolt/rod into the chuck.

Use the coarsest file or sandpaper to shape the piece.

I feel comfortable using this method for things up to 2" dia and up to 3" long if light cuts are taken.

If you get too much vibration or movement, drill the table for the free end of the rod and settle it in there to keep it still.

(don't drill your actual table, use a sacrificial piece of wood clamped well)

(I would probably rough cut the die blank to remove as much waste as possible before putting on the drill press)

Katou

ps. mostly I use this method for making nice little knobs for tools/jigs/cabinet doors.

Katou

i recently bought a set of those bosch quick release hole saws.they're not cheap but worth the money.they cut like crazy!

hello guys
I will show you my first pipes bend with my roll bender.
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2702.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg
IMG_2704.jpg
in my room is not enough space to bend long pipes :D
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2706.jpg
the top sides of the pipes become like this after bending, pipe is too thin for the diameter 53x1,5mm[this parts will be cut]you must to have 600mm more long pipe then you use before bending
IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg
first check on the jig
IMG_2709.jpg
IMG_2710.jpg
IMG_2712.jpg
IMG_2713.jpg
IMG_2715.jpg
here you can se the inside of the circle and the part what will be removet

katou said:
Keep it up Valy! I'm loving this stuff!

Oh, if anyone needs to turn some small stuff like these rollers, you can use your drill press in a pinch.

Have done this on occasion myself, i go a step further and break out the 5in angle grinder and attack the piece spining in the chuck
with it to get a rough shape before finishing it with the file/sandpaper as you described..

Valy...awesome work on the bender mate would love one myself....one day.

KiM

hello again hire i have my new band saw widh very good precision I cut pipe rings to 1,5 mm thick :D
IMG_2699.jpg
IMG_2700.jpg
is coming more

hello guys today I bought a drill and milling machine to make my work more easy.
now I can build some TORK ARMS for hub motors , DROPS OFF and more custom parts for bikes :D
IMG_2767.jpg
IMG_2768.jpg
IMG_2769.jpg
IMG_2770.jpg
IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg
IMG_2773.jpg
IMG_2774.jpg

I will open a topic aboute TORK ARMS for hub motors an I will build many difrent custom tork arms to fit in many kind of frames some of them you can fit the caplliper on them :D I will use like materials still ,special extrudat aluminium and stinless still brut and polish. I hope I will do a good jobb :D

Very cool

heck sign me up for torque arms! my 3 bolt pain in the arse to get on -off homemade torque arms are not very good.

hello guys sure beast you will be the first to have my first tork arm for yor bike but I need to give me a drawing of your model with dimension like this exempel :D
namnls.jpg
or oder design haw you wish :D kindly Valy

hello kim I m still looking for a garage to rent .but here it is to expensive rents.and in a car garage you are not aloud to use machines, welding etc. fire department law. but if you rent a piece of your garage I will come there and you can use my tools free :D I m not joking :?: :wink:
how is it to live in australia :?: do you think it will be fun for me there :?: I have alot of projets with electric bikes ,diesel motorcicles .and motor bycicles.
I must to be ready to next motor show in jonköping sweden name it is elmia motor show.I hope I will finish my projects in term to be there :?: here I have some of them
IMG_2802.jpg
IMG_2804.jpg
IMG_2805.jpg
IMG_2811.jpg
here I have drawing competition with my litle son :D
IMG_2810.jpg

hello guys today I will show you how I build my first tork arm. :D
IMG_2834.jpg
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2838.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2841.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2845.jpg
here is the first check on the bike
IMG_2846.jpg
IMG_2847.jpg
naw it is time to cut
IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2849.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg
IMG_2851.jpg
second check on the bike
IMG_2852.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg
now it is late I cant make more noice in the apartment tomorrow I :D will polish

hy guys today it is time to polish the tork arm:D I start with sand paper
IMG_2854.jpg
IMG_2855.jpg
IMG_2856.jpg
here I have my new sand and polish machines
IMG_2857.jpg
I had to build specials parts to fit a new sand paper brush
IMG_2858.jpg
IMG_2859.jpg
IMG_2860.jpg
here is the other polish parts
IMG_2861.jpg
now is time for the sand paper to do his work :D
IMG_2894.jpg
polishing inside the chanel
IMG_2895.jpg
IMG_2896.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg
IMG_2899.jpg
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2901.jpg
IMG_2902.jpg
IMG_2903.jpg
the tird check
IMG_2904.jpg
IMG_2905.jpg

AND THE FINAL PRODUCT
IMG_2906.jpg
IMG_2907.jpg
IMG_2909.jpg
IMG_2911.jpg
IMG_2912.jpg
FINISH I hope you have fun to see how I build it .but you must feel the feeling to do it your self. :D

hello guys do you think this is a boring tread :?: :?: nobody puts any questions :?: :?: maybe I have to stop if its not interesting :?: :?: :|

hello guys
I promised I will put some picture with some pipe cut with my notcher
here I have my notcher with water cooling build with a mini pool pump and a shower :D
IMG_2974.jpg
IMG_2975.jpg
IMG_2976.jpg
IMG_2977.jpg
IMG_2978.jpg
IMG_2979.jpg
IMG_2980.jpg
IMG_2981.jpg
IMG_2982.jpg
IMG_2983.jpg
IMG_2984.jpg

the cutter will have a long life because it will never become hot :D
IMG_2985.jpg
IMG_2986.jpg
IMG_2987.jpg
IMG_2988.jpg
IMG_2989.jpg
IMG_2990.jpg

my notcher work perfect and I m very happy with it :D :D maybe I will build some notchers to sell :?: :?: :?: :D

That's nifty. :) I'm going to have to see about what junk I have around to build one from, once I get started on the truly custom frames (since right now they're just modified existing ones).

Excellent work valy, keep posting please. I'd like to see if you can get better results with the bender with thicker walled pipe, if/when you get round to it.

Do you have any details about that pump, where to buy, seems to have a decent flow rate and draws well from a shallow reservoir.

Cheers.

valy said:
hello kim I m still looking for a garage to rent .but here it is to expensive rents.and in a car garage you are not aloud to use machines, welding etc. fire department law. but if you rent a piece of your garage I will come there and you can use my tools free :D I m not joking :?: :wink:
how is it to live in australia :?: do you think it will be fun for me there :?: I have alot of projets with electric bikes ,diesel motorcicles .and motor bycicles.

I'm biased i guess but i think its the best country in the world, great climate year round, best beaches in the world, friendly people, good economy
and HEAPS of space for workshops :lol: :p Only downside is the distance from other countries...if you can call it a downside, if
your making alot of your own stuff (as you do) it wouldnt be an issue... It is an expensive process to immigrate to OZ though
application for residency is over a thousand dollars and non refundable if your refused residency....should come for a holiday
see if you like it, aside from the odd winging POM (English man) moaning and groaning about the Summer heat and flies
i haven't met many people that dont love coming here.

Reminds me of a piss funny email i received a while back entitled "Diary of an Englishman in NewMan" Now Newman is a Iron ore mining
town in the North of Western Australia, it boarders the desert and is few clicks North of the Tropic of Capricorn so it gets pretty damn hot
and humid there

WARNING: Does contain swear words!

August 31

Just got transferred with work from grey old London to our new home in Newman, Western Australia. Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13

Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home,
driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper.

September 30th

Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of
palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but
I love it here.

October 10th

The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get
used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the
flies off a bit. Acclimatising is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th

Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body.
Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th

Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I left
for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work,
Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to
the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat shit. I've
learned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25th

This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant fuckin' blow dryer.
And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the
repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order
parts from fuckin' Perth.

October 30th

The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived
for the fuckin' aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three
nights now. Bloody $800,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the
hell did I ever come here?

November 4

Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the
temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel
about 30.
Stupid repairman.

November 8

If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?', I'm going
to fuckin' throttle him. Fuckin' heat! By the time I get to work, the
car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking fuckin' wet and I
smell like baked cat!

November 9

Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the
black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my fuckin' arse was on
fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and
my fuckin' arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked
cat!

November 10

Weather report! It might as well be a fuckin' recording. Hot and
sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and fuckin' sunny! It's been too hot to do
anything for two fuckin' months and the weatherman says it might really
warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn fuckin' place. Water
restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up
and blow into the fuckin' pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-
hole are the fuckin' flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of
swallowing half a dozen of the frockers!

November 20th

Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 fuckin' degrees today. Now the air
conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot
enough for you today?' My wife had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment
to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid frocker. Fuckin' Newman!
What kind of sick, demented fuckin' idiot would want to live here!

December 1

WHAT!!!! The first day of Summer!!!! You are fuckin' kidding

Still wanna checkout OZ vally hehehe :p
KiM

valy said:
hello guys do you think this is a boring tread :?: :?: nobody puts any questions :?: :?: maybe I have to stop if its not interesting :?: :?: :|

This is a great thread. I love your posts. Very inspiring. I personally just don't want to clutter it until I have something constructive to add. I guess encouragement is constructive. AWESOME notcher!

hello guys I m happy you like this tread :D :D
flip_normal aboute pipes I will show you guys later when I will start to work for my projects
will be many dimensions and thiknes of pipes but now my baby 30 days old khip me bussy day and night :D
aboute the pump it is a normal pump from china I bought it to emty my kids pool . you can buy in the store ho sell pools.

Hello guys
Kim you are lucky man to be born in a all time sunny country: D
about money no problem, the visa or paper is my problem . I apply for permanent visa and they told me I have to wait one or two year to have it.
If I want to have it faster I have to have a sponsor visa. Like a company from Australia to work for them and apply for a sponsor visa and then I can have it in one month. I work like carpenter and I have my on company here. When I apply for visa I got 130 points because of my skills and in Australia now there are needs for carpenters and it is to work full time.
I m registered in a job centre in Brisbane and they send me every day offers of jobs but I have to be there. And by the way I don’t like to drive my bikes in the snow: D [we have 8 months winter here]
If I go there most likely it will be easier to find a job:

Back