Torque sensor compatibility?

Big Tom

10 W
I have an issue with a new trike and e-assist setup. My trike is on order and I could not view it beforehand, so sight unseen. It is a Hase Lepus trike. The Lepus, Cross and Kettweisel all use the same frame.

My issue is I am thinking of adding a torque sensor to the BB in my system. I do not know the measurements of the trike's measurements and if they would match the torque sensor. Through research I have not been able to get any data on the trike info. Does anyone know of anyone adding a torque sensor into a newer model Hase trike. Are they a standard size.

Thanks, Tom

Do you have a link to the trike you ordered? Looking at their website, all of the mid drive models already use a torque sensing PAS. The front hub motor model likely would not support a torque sensing PAS, if it’s not already an option. You’d either need to replace the controller, or if the stock unit has a throttle option, you could get a Cycle Analyst, that can convert the torque sensor signal to a throttle signal.

Do you have a link to the trike you ordered? Looking at their website, all of the mid drive models already use a torque sensing PAS. The front hub motor model likely would not support a torque sensing PAS, if it’s not already an option. You’d either need to replace the controller, or if the stock unit has a throttle option, you could get a Cycle Analyst, that can convert the torque sensor signal to a throttle signal.
Sorry I should have given more information.

I am going with a complete new system to go with the new trike. The system will again be from ebikes.ca and be a front wheel hub motor (eZee front hub). The torque sensor from the same retailer. It is listed as an option for the kit so it should work with the whole kit.
Fischer AG Torque Sensing BB, 127mm

The trike is a Hase Lepus (Lepus, Kettweisel & Cross use same frame).

Configurator for luxury trike with better view

My issue is that I can't find data for the measurements for the crank to see if it would match the torque sensor, if they would be compatible in the BB. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a newer Hase trike adding a torque sensor or knew of anyone that has.

Thanks, Tom

The trike is a Hase Lepus (Lepus, Kettweisel & Cross use same frame).

Configurator for luxury trike with better view

My issue is that I can't find data for the measurements for the crank to see if it would match the torque sensor, if they would be compatible in the BB. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a newer Hase trike adding a torque sensor or knew of anyone that has.

Thanks, Tom
They don't list it in any of their documentation, but mention normal bike shops carry replacement bottom brackets, so probably not custom.
There's a few clues on their website. On their accessibility options page, there's a pic of the left crank side exposed, (option was for people pedaling with one leg), and it looks like a normal square tapered (68-73mm) bottom bracket. On their 2023 parts list doc, it looks like a Schlumpf drive is an option, and their standard size is 68-73mm, although you can order a custom width. I'm guessing they didn't go out of their way to make things non-standard, if they expected a normal bike shop to service it.

Back