New GNG Mid Drive Brushless 60V650W

I know what you mean power is an addiction. I am starting to consider a Lyne 12 fet controller but not sure how much bigger it is from the 9fet that I am currently using. Real estate is a issue on my bike already have 4 8s lipo squeezed in the frame.

boltedjolt said:
I know what you mean power is an addiction. I am starting to consider a Lyne 12 fet controller but not sure how much bigger it is from the 9fet that I am currently using. Real estate is a issue on my bike already have 4 8s lipo squeezed in the frame.

Hmmm I am pretty sure both controllers are built in the same housing. So same size.

Wishes

Does anyone know what sort of voltage I'd need to get 50mph out of this kit with the standard reduction? And is it worth trying to mod the standard controller, or just go straight for a Lyen controller? Also, could anyone tell me what sort of speeds to expect with 24s LiFePO4?

My 48v v1.1 pushes 52km/h on flats with 15ah on stock 22a controller (though I only weight about 120lbs). Pushes my tire just over 60km/h off the ground.

I upgraded my controller to 30a and get upwards of 72km/h off the ground (around 60km/h on flats).

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57491 Here's my GNG build (in progress) thread, incase anyone's interested.

Those of you who have fitted the gng 60volt chain drive with lightning rods plates, do you have any tips or recommendations regarding proper chain tension on the primary and secondary side?

Has anybody on here got this kit to fit a 100mm bottom bracket? I'm trying, but keep hitting problems, and could really do with some help.

Thanks,
Matthew

CEGB said:
Those of you who have fitted the gng 60volt chain drive with lightning rods plates, do you have any tips or recommendations regarding proper chain tension on the primary and secondary side?

Not too tight, you have to play it by feel. From experience, if it is too tight, you will ruin your freewheel on the secondary side. And the primary will sound loud as hell if it is too tight.

Wishes

Matthew said:
Has anybody on here got this kit to fit a 100mm bottom bracket? I'm trying, but keep hitting problems, and could really do with some help.

Thanks,
Matthew

What the problem you are encountering?

Wishes

Anyone have the exact size and thread count for the retaining nut of the small sprocket on the first reduction stage? Mine seems to have disappeared and I must get a replacement.

Wishes

Wishes said:
Matthew said:

Thanks,
Matthew

What the problem you are encountering?

Wishes

The free wheeling crankset is right up against bottom bracket flange.
WP_20140309_003.jpg
WP_20140309_004.jpg

I put spacers on the other side, as much as i could get away with, to compensate for the longer BB.

IMAG0175.jpg

And this is the setup on the other side.

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

Wishes said:
Anyone have the exact size and thread count for the retaining nut of the small sprocket on the first reduction stage? Mine seems to have disappeared and I must get a replacement.

Wishes

Mine fell off too. Replaced with a standard M10 nut and a spring washer.

What battery for this system? I currently have a 48v 20 amp Li ion not sufficient, can 12 v battery be added? different controller? can I get a pre made 60 v battery? Thanks Green Horn.

Green Horn said:
What battery for this system? I currently have a 48v 20 amp Li ion not sufficient, can 12 v battery be added? different controller? can I get a pre made 60 v battery? Thanks Green Horn.

Although i'm sure they exist, premade batteries above 48v are not very common. You can add a 12 volt battery in series to your existing 48 volt battery. The kit does come in a 48v version with a 48v controller.

Wishes

Hi all,

I am building a new ebike with a GNG 650w on a kona coiler, will be used with 18s 10ah and a lyen 12fet.

I received the GNG yesterday, and I saw the primary chain make a lot of noise (because of the big chain and small 11T sprocket I found on the forum)

So I think the best is to change for #25 chain reduction, I have already 13T 10mm bore pinion and #25 chain, so I need a compatible sprocket, I'm thinking to use a 55-68T maximum (68T #25 = 140mm, original on the GNG is 54T 140mm).
A sprocket like that, I think it's direct bolt on : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/55-Tooth-sprocket-for-some-gas-and-electric-scooters-models-using-25-chain-free-shipping/614066672.html

856786DSC00941.jpg

What do you think, and do you think it will be fine to upgrade the other side with BMX half link?

Best regards ! I will post videos when it will working ! :mrgreen:

Whitehawk said:
Hi all,

I am building a new ebike with a GNG 650w on a kona coiler, will be used with 18s 10ah and a lyen 12fet.

I received the GNG yesterday, and I saw the primary chain make a lot of noise (because of the big chain and small 11T sprocket I found on the forum)

So I think the best is to change for #25 chain reduction, I have already 13T 10mm bore pinion and #25 chain, so I need a compatible sprocket, I'm thinking to use a 55-68T maximum (68T #25 = 140mm, original on the GNG is 54T 140mm).
A sprocket like that, I think it's direct bolt on : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/55-Tooth-sprocket-for-some-gas-and-electric-scooters-models-using-25-chain-free-shipping/614066672.html

856786DSC00941.jpg

What do you think, and do you think it will be fine to upgrade the other side with BMX half link?

Best regards ! I will post videos when it will working ! :mrgreen:

I did exactly that at one point with my chain version of the GNG. Changing out the primary chain for a #25 and corresponding sprockets helps with the noise. And using BMX chain on the secondary is also a good idea. Unless you have LR's adjustable sheets, you will have no choice but to use a halflink to get your tension right. The halflink will hold no problem. Mine did for a long time at 4kw.

Wishes

Thanks for answer, but the half link is needed for the #25 chain or for the secondary chain? maybe for the two?

And do you think it's better KMC kool chain or shadow conspiracy interlock chain ?

The KMC is cheap so I could upgrade the secondary chain with it I think.

Thanks !

Whitehawk said:
Thanks for answer, but the half link is needed for the #25 chain or for the secondary chain? maybe for the two?

And do you think it's better KMC kool chain or shadow conspiracy interlock chain ?

The KMC is cheap so I could upgrade the secondary chain with it I think.

Thanks !

The KMC will do fine. As for the halflink, its for the secondary chain. With the small #25 links, you should be able to get proper tension. I don't even think they make half links for #25. I could be wrong on that.

Wishes

Hi guys my 60V GNG has been giving me some issues that I need help with. The motor only wants to run when I spin the motor shaft then it runs fine. As soon as I let it stop spinning then I get no response from the motor, then spin the motor shaft and it wants to run again. Can you please point me in the right direction. I had the motor apart but I'm not sure what i'm looking for. I went through all the wiring a few days ago and got rid of all the hanky connectors as I thought it was a short that I had with the phase wires but i'm still having this issue. I'm running the stock controller with 18s lipo, thank you for the help. Donny H.\

Back