Bafang M500/M600 thread

Waynemarlow said:
casainho said:
Thanks. I am pretty sure I used the torque wrench to validate all of them were correctly tight, although, just when I assembled the EBike. In talks with other riders, I were told I should clean the EBike after every this full day rides with rocks, as also check every bolt with the torque wrench -- is this a good idea or can I damage the bolts after many checks?

The problem with re torqueing the bolts is that you then break the initial " Loctite " bond. Loctiting a bolt and nut is usually a one time process, once you retorque or adjust the tension you must totally remove the nut, reapply Loctite and retorque. Perhaps when you originally retorqued the bolt you moved it enough to break the bond.
That makes sense, that I did break the initial bond. So, I think the best is to use a good quality glue, apply once and use the torque wrench with the correct torque value.

Waynemarlow said:
Pity about the M600 but I suspect you are right in that it will never be updated any further, its a good engine just needing a tad refinement.
They are probably interested in selling this features for the OEM EBike manufacturers so they have all the interest to keep the system closed, so they keep their business model working. This communication was on Linkedin so the target are the professionals / OEM EBike manufacturers:

casainho said:
So, I think the best is to use a good quality glue, apply once and use the torque wrench with the correct torque value.
No I really wouldn't do that, you have to get the bolt apart again for servicing.

casainho said:
They are probably interested in selling this features for the OEM EBike manufacturers so they have all the interest to keep the system closed, so they keep their business model working. This communication was on Linkedin so the target are the professionals / OEM EBike manufacturers:

Why a module when you have BT already on your motors, seems a backward step to me. When Fazua with the Ride 60 already offers all Bafang are offering as well as Polini as well as virtually every other manufacturer it just means that they are another 5 years behind.

Waynemarlow said:
casainho said:
So, I think the best is to use a good quality glue, apply once and use the torque wrench with the correct torque value.
No I really wouldn't do that, you have to get the bolt apart again for servicing.
I mean, I will do only once the servicing and then never touch it anymore.

casainho said:
I mean, I will do only once the servicing and then never touch it anymore.
Loctite Threadlocker https://www.loctiteproducts.com/en/products/specialty-products/specialty/loctite_threadlockerblue242.html is pretty much the international standard for this sort thing, millions of nuts are not coming loose, why change ?

Waynemarlow said:
Doing a Google search on the Go+ there seems to be a new App as well
https://apps.apple.com/lv/app/bafang-go-iot/id1609421964
Sadly doesn't seem to want to connect via the BT on my DP241 where as the old Go App seems quite happy.

Waynemarlow said:
Pity about the M600 but I suspect you are right in that it will never be updated any further, its a good engine just needing a tad refinement.

I think if more people will ask for it then they provide such firmware.

vikino1 said:
The answer came today, does anyone know what the firmware is?
In order to add the file here, I had to change the .bin extension to .txt.

Did you get all of the firmware versions mentioned on that screenshot, or just the one you attached? The one called "CRX10NC4810i142015.5" appears to be a version that we don't yet have on the Firmware github*, might be an interesting one to pull apart.

*https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Bafang_M500_M600/tree/main/Firmwares/Official/Motor/m600

Hagbard said:
vikino1 said:
The answer came today, does anyone know what the firmware is?
In order to add the file here, I had to change the .bin extension to .txt.

Did you get all of the firmware versions mentioned on that screenshot, or just the one you attached? The one called "CRX10NC4810i142015.5" appears to be a version that we don't yet have on the Firmware github*, might be an interesting one to pull apart.

*https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/Bafang_M500_M600/tree/main/Firmwares/Official/Motor/m600

Unfortunately, only here that I connected.

Check this out:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004616586355.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.5f7138daRk8IB5&mp=1

Could make an absolutely beautiful display, and with a built in RPi could be an easy(ish) platform for development.

Hi all!
First post. I've just received a K1 Can monitor and used it to change the speed limit on an M600 to 70kmh. Worked like a charm. I also increased the wheel diameter and circumference, but these settings seem to have no effect on the displayed speed (compared to gps). They're still about 15% high. Why is there a setting for both diameter and circumference? Any idea about how to modify the displayed speed?

Hello Bob.

Thanks Bob. Maybe I will start to work on version 2.0 ;)

Bafang defined for CAN motors wheel size (only shows this number on a display, under Information) and circumference of wheel (29inch = 2230mm), and from here it calculates speed. (circumference is stored in a controller and looks to me, display after each start read this parameter)

Older displays had wheel size selectable in menu and then display calculated speed accordingly.

K1 BlackBox - switch speed limit by magnet or 3 magic clicks. Automatically reset speed after motor turn on.
(already 3 people would buy, if few more I will put into small batch production)
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117637
[youtube]H34HyE34TkQ[/youtube]

K1 CAN Monitor:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117559

CANMon s logom banner.jpg

I'm asking for advice, I have a Besst tool, everything works fine for me, but I can't increase the speed but only decrease it. Is this caused by the Besst tool itself, or is it just a bug in the Python login?

vikino1 said:
I'm asking for advice, I have a Besst tool, everything works fine for me, but I can't increase the speed but only decrease it. Is this caused by the Besst tool itself, or is it just a bug in the Python login?

Try older besst version like .18

I tried it with version 1.2.18 and it could not be changed. Now there is the latest 1.2.26. Try something else?
it lists it>
Dealer or Assembler can't charge it to bigger

vikino1 said:

Maybe wrong, but I think, regardless of method, you can only choose from the preset values. If you have the highest value, you can not set higher.

I had set 32 kmh and I wanted 35 km/h I could only set 31.5 kmh but not higher.
I also uploaded a new FW, it went OK, I'll try tomorrow.
The weather was not good today

I am being riding a road and gravel bicycle. I am now curious if I could have also an electric one. Does anyone knows if there are information for Bafang M800 build? like that forums with messages for builds with Dengfu frame and M500 motor??

casainho said:
I am being riding a road and gravel bicycle. I am now curious if I could have also an electric one. Does anyone knows if there are information for Bafang M800 build? like that forums with messages for builds with Dengfu frame and M500 motor??

https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/new-bafang-m820.29230/

Just curious as I've not been following the developers thread on the M500 and M600, Casainho has there been any development on breaking down the CAN commands to enable ( what is effectively the new Pro BESST software ) that we can customise the existing motors ?

Waynemarlow said:
casainho said:

https://www.emtbforums.com/threads/new-bafang-m820.29230/

Just curious as I've not been following the developers thread on the M500 and M600, Casainho has there been any development on breaking down the CAN commands to enable ( what is effectively the new Pro BESST software ) that we can customise the existing motors ?
Thanks for the link. I will read that messages.

No, no one is doing development, at least in an OpenSource way.

I am now more fit, I use my ebike with Bafang M500 and I use a gravel bike (a regular bicycle, no motor). I really care about my health and the bicycles / ebikes are strategic health and pleasure machines I use, other than small trail runs and swimming.

On both bicycles, I have the same Garmin pedals XC100 that measures my pedal power. My average regular pedal power is around 200 watts and I like to pedal at that level on my rides. But I can also give peaks of like 400W for 30 seconds, etc - see my power curve bellow measured by my pedals.

Although I am looking to do fitness, I still need to use the ebike for that step and long hills, on days with 80 kms and that I take like at least 6 hours to do it. This long day rides and this power, have a big positive impact on my diabetes and fat loss!

I do not like my M500 because the lowest assist level 1 is still to much for me, I wish it was way lower! But it is not only that, I wish to be force to always give my average 200W pedal power and only after that, the motor assist would turn on. See this graph:

So looking at the graph, I would like:
1. Green line: configure a constant min value of motor power, like 75W, that is the one to compensate the the extra friction on the pedals due to the motor and extra weight on the bicycle due to the motor and battery.
2. Green line: configure the pedal power value after which the motor would start to give assistance / motor power on top of 1., and ramp up it based on the pedal power.

This is a dream, as the original firmware does net let us configure such advanced modes. If we could develop our own firmware, we could do it. The pedal power value could be measured by the Bafang M500 torque sensor.

My power curve recorded by my pedals:

You could develop a mode on your display that keeps the level at 0 if it does not exceed the 200w measured by the torque sensor.

CiDi said:
You could develop a mode on your display that keeps the level at 0 if it does not exceed the 200w measured by the torque sensor.
Would not work as the Bafang do not use the pedal power value but uses instead the pedal torque value. Also I can not change the assist ramp up value on my M500.

Back