E-S LMX 64 Bike Owners

Hi CD
I pushed the PAS Max out from 50% to 80 and to 100%. This does over exaggerate the peddle pressure and makes the pulsing feeling. It‘s my un-roundness of the pedal curve. I put it back to 50%. This seems to me very smooth and gives me the same speed.

Joe said:
Hi CD
I pushed the PAS Max out from 50% to 80 and to 100%. This does over exaggerate the peddle pressure and makes the pulsing feeling. It‘s my un-roundness of the pedal curve. I put it back to 50%. This seems to me very smooth and gives me the same speed.
Good to know, thanks for trying this.
From the factory I think mine was set to 65%. I increased to 100% soon after thinking this would be better.
80% is still too 'pulsing' with very low cek timing. I might try 65% again and see how it feels.

Cheers

I met Adam that day a few hours after the video was filmed. Tried the red belted lmx64 and decided to invest.
Pleasant and smart guy, great bike, hopefully the noise reducing rubber belt system will be available soon. Pity i wasnt aware of the preorders campain last falls, now i ll have to wait 2 month to get mine. Happy to find out the "infamous" Cowardlyduck is in the game!

Moving from Tench's 2012 3kw peak 1060 wh battery to this 2.5 kw peak 860 wh battery one, less power, less capacity but much more stability and responsiveness thanks to Adams efforts and his team. When will XL frame sizes be available? :wink:

78122429_10158572692731457_4791598470425214976_n.jpg

What‘s in that rucksack?? Why the hell would you need something that big? Don‘t tell me it the medicaments. I thought you might parashoot at the top. I know the tour de france has a bus full following them, but on a single ride, seems a bit big to me. Only joking. Maybe you were carrying the water supplies. Or the beer supply. Needed more after such a ride. I love to sit down after a good ride and enjoy the moment. LMX ride on.

Cowardlyduck said:
Welcome courcheval!
courcheval said:
Happy to find out the "infamous" Cowardlyduck is in the game!
I dunno about that, but glad I've got at least one fan! :lol: :p

Cheers

I think you are infmaous :lol: . I mean, you are well known for you being a fan of heat shrink wrap on the other ebike thread. And I for one, am a CD fan as well.

Hi everyone,

Any LMX 64 owner in the Neuchatel/ 3 Lacs area in Switzerland who wants to go for a ride ?

Well, the most wear I guess would be from skipping teeth.
On our test bike it was pretty dramatic difference with the same belt, old sproket with low km was skipping under full acceleratation, new sproket did not skip. Same belt.

I remember Adam mentionning on one of his last videos that one of the disadvantages of belt drives is that you cant split the belt to set it up on the sprockets like a chain.

I just wanted to refer to a belt company that builds splitable bike belts : https://www.veercycle.com/

Did you try them on your belt system?

Hello people ,
i am new here and i will introduce my project lmx64
in the past i was a nyx bike owner, i decided to sell it.
some time ago I came into contact with adam where i decided to buy lmx64 frame.
after a long time i can start build my lmx64.
i want to thank adam for taking the time for me.
and the good service.
later I will explain more about the set up.

croydon said:
Hello people ,
i am new here and i will introduce my project lmx64
in the past i was a nyx bike owner, i decided to sell it.
some time ago I came into contact with adam where i decided to buy lmx64 frame.
after a long time i can start build my lmx64.
i want to thank adam for taking the time for me.
and the good service.
later I will explain more about the set up.

Welcome!
Is your entire frame anodised? Looks awesome!

hello,

it is not anodised .

powder that you need to mix with clear paint it is not expensive to buy .

After a missing package I finally have the new front sprocket. Just as well since my old one was also starting to slip the belt in mode 2 now making it unusable.
DSC_6114.JPG

Adam also sent me a different designed spring. This one clears the frame much better.
DSC_6117.JPG
DSC_6119.JPG

A quick test around the block and it's immediately fixed the belt skipping problems. Mode 3 with 55A batt, 200A phase and 5000A acceleration rate, no problems. :)

Due to my bearing cover issues, I put the flange of the new sprocket on the inside facing the motor. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but it seems to be ok since the sprocket cover is on the other side to prevent the belt slipping off.

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
Nice, Did you also change the belt at the same time?
Adam
No, I kept the new belt as a spare and will continue running on the used belt for now. Hopefully it doesn't snap and leave me stranded anywhere.

So is my idea correct with the sprocket flange on the inside, or is it meant to be on the outside?

Cheers

bzhwindtalker said:
Great, but keep that spare with you just in case ;)
Good idea, especially after what I saw below.

bzhwindtalker said:
Can you post a picture of what you mean with the flange? Best regards Adam
Yes, and I didn't notice it till looking at these photo's, but it's not looking healthy!
DSC_6126.JPG
DSC_6127.JPG

The black you can see on the inside of my sprocket cover is the sound deadening stuff, but look closely and you can also see the belt is wrapping around the edge of the sprocket. :shock:

The thing is it doesn't look like it would make sense to put the sprocket on any other way around as it has a shoulder to space it out from the motor bearing.

Should I just add a large washer on the outside edge to keep the belt on? The old sprocket had flanges on both sides...I'm guessing this is the reason.

Cheers

Oh, you should still use the flange of the old sproket with this new one.
We did not get those flanges re-made in steel yet but I guess it will be neccecary form some pics I received of our testers.
best regards, Adam

Cowardlyduck said:
After a missing package I finally have the new front sprocket. Just as well since my old one was also starting to slip the belt in mode 2 now making it unusable.
DSC_6114.JPG

Adam also sent me a different designed spring. This one clears the frame much better.
DSC_6117.JPG
DSC_6119.JPG

A quick test around the block and it's immediately fixed the belt skipping problems. Mode 3 with 55A batt, 200A phase and 5000A acceleration rate, no problems. :)

Due to my bearing cover issues, I put the flange of the new sprocket on the inside facing the motor. I wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not, but it seems to be ok since the sprocket cover is on the other side to prevent the belt slipping off.

Cheers
Hi CD
Where do I find that “ 5000A acceleration rate” setting?

I‘m now running with the steel pulley and the HP belt. I have no wear on the pulley after 100km. That‘s a great change. The Aluminum 2nd Pulley had 340km on the clock and began to slip teeth constantly. If this gets to the 500km mark, I‘ll be delighted.
Noise levels again perfect. Worn pulley‘s start to squeak. I have a second used belt which I carry with me, 2 allen keys and this belt can be exchanged in less than 5 minutes. I‘m going to fit it in the opposite feed direction next time. I think that will also increase the life span of the belt.

Adam, I‘m seeing wear on the pulley flange. It‘s close to 700km on the flange. It‘ll last longer, but sooner or later it‘s going to get very thin.
Also; I have badly bent my right crank arm. I‘ve straighten it a bit, but I need a new one. I couldn‘t find it in your shop.

Attachments

• EF76383A-8451-4E6E-8AB6-7FC9D435FFC8.jpeg
    EF76383A-8451-4E6E-8AB6-7FC9D435FFC8.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 8AF8C325-B2AA-44D6-9E9E-5C190EB79199.jpeg
    8AF8C325-B2AA-44D6-9E9E-5C190EB79199.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • BD576DD8-E3F5-4D57-A931-888534975C1E.jpeg
    BD576DD8-E3F5-4D57-A931-888534975C1E.jpeg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,076
  • 08FD20EF-CF54-4F68-9F19-DE8A99A8E309.jpeg
    08FD20EF-CF54-4F68-9F19-DE8A99A8E309.jpeg