Just one mockup.

It looks okay from above.
IMG_0070.jpg

Not so much from the front.
IMG_0071.jpg

TDB said:
Thank you for the snarky reply.
Glad I could help. :wink:

You're trying to streamline the wires exiting from the CA into one HIGO? Open up the CA and unsolder the existing cables from their pads and solder in your HIGO breakout cable.

This is not a build thread and I wasn't asking for advice. The topic was what gadgets we can (and perhaps cannot) do without.

side mirror
I would not call them gadgets, there are must for safely riding especially on streets.
but some owners call them gadgets.
I replace them once they get scratched.

miro13car said:
side mirror
I would not call them gadgets, there are must for safely riding especially on streets.

...for recumbent riders and others whose necks don't turn.

I used bicycle mirrors on my motorcycle because they didn't shake like the stock ones. If I used them on my bicycle, I'd probably have to replace one a week.

My handlebars are running out of room:
- CA3,
- 3 setting rocker switch to toggle CA3 mode (power, Street legal PAS, commute PAS power,)
- thumb throttle
- simple ring PAS
- 2 digital buttons to tweak PAS power levels to match cruising speed.
- roxim x4 light (on fork mount)
- 800 lumen flashing light
- less intense wide angle flashing
- ebrake for regen braking

Lastly but the best for commuting especially in darker months for side visibility:

- Monkeylectric m232 wheel light (bright!)
https://www.monkeylectric.com/shop/monkey-light-m232-classic-bicycle-wheel-light/

I still have the same m232 after probably 6+ years riding in rain, snow etc, and I find the AA batteries last a long time before you need to pull the 3 battery basket out to recharge them.

:)

Touch sensitive gloves!!!!!!

This winter I was very happy buying new gloves because my hands were freezing ....until I had to use my phone (with osmand)

Damn! 35€ trashed. I tried sewing conductive wire to my finger but it does not work very well....or I am bad at sewing :lol:

So if you buy gloves buy some compatible with touch screens (waiting for an aliexpress pair.....6$ :p )

Chalo said:
miro13car said:
side mirror

...for recumbent riders and others whose necks don't turn.

I used bicycle mirrors on my motorcycle because they didn't shake like the stock ones. If I used them on my bicycle, I'd probably have to replace one a week.

Mirrors are for riders who maintain a scan of what is around them.

iacei said:
Damn! 35€ trashed. I tried sewing conductive wire to my finger but it does not work very well....or I am bad at sewing :lol:
Touchscreens don't use electrically conductive stuff. They just need something that has similar properties to skin (like leather, suede, etc).

And you can "add" fingertips to existing gloves; there's some listed here
https://www.google.com/search?q=touchscreen+fingertips+for+gloves
though I have never used any of them.

Newest additions are TKstar TK905 tracker and WSDcam alarm. Tracker supplements my old iPhone. Both are concealed. All mounted on the trailer.

In some countries neither might not do much good but here they are far less common so are unexpected.

Ignition, I liked it on the KT for dd hub setup to run into store all the while keeping a close eye.
I sold that Conhismotor KT kit to a bike courier, took awhile to burn up a ebay cheapie kit (25h).

A temperature gauge is good to have, would have saved my mxus 3kw (45H).

Ferrofluid to help cool a hot running motor if you dont upgrade to a bigger motor my Leaf 1500W runs cool.

A hidden audible movement alarm.

A quick an easy key system right next to the ignition key that locks both the front and rear wheels via a pin through the disk brake calipers stock holes.

Heavy duty basket on the handle bars as I cant have much on the rear rack as I move that end around the most with front hub setup.

Cycle computer would be nice to have only so I can view distance traveled and speed for the downhills. That would give me a more accurate sense of how far I have left on a battery. I don't like ebike displays, still have never used my Cycle Analyst. I just have a sense of how fast I am going when riding normal speeds. I even have a sense to a certain degree of how far I've gone and how much battery I have left by the response of the throttle and speed at w.o.t.

Always nice to have way more Wh then you need in a battery.

Compact, durable, high wattage/amperage charger for guerilla charging. It'd be nice to get a 48V 30A in regular 120Vac input at a reasonable cost and good qulaity. An hour on a Starbucks patio drinking my $1.50 grocery story drink at 1500W would net me 50km, the most I've seen is 48V 21A still 1000W nets me 30km to get me home. If its mid ride, then maybe 2 Starbucks sessions drinking non Starbucks products.

Another gadget I can't live without is a big cushy seat.

Fat bike tires help cushioning.

There is no such thing as heavy weight rider suspension stock bike that I've run across. 36'er bikes are out there for super tall people like Shaq on crowd funding.

markz said:
A temperature gauge is good to have, would have saved my mxus 3kw (45H).
end of quote
you mean would look up that temperature gauge to prevent motor from overheating?
no feeding temp signal into controller so it would reduce power?
your controller doesnt have that input?

markz said:
I even have a sense to a certain degree of how far I've gone and how much battery I have left by the response of the throttle and speed at w.o.t.

Nice! I know what you mean. You can feel that power getting less and less
I use a display to watch the voltage to be sure. My bike is way too heavy to be trying to pedal with no power.

CA tells me voltage and something of capacity, but I don't bother. CA Watts and Wh/km is more useful than battery remaining. If I want to know what is going on inside my battery I connect app to BT BMS. Phone is on my bars for rear view gadget so it is easy.

markz said:
I even have a sense to a certain degree of how far I've gone and how much battery I have left by the response of the throttle and speed at w.o.t.

Also when charging the battery you can tell when it’s almost fully charged because the charger starts to get cooler and cooler. Maybe some of you guys have a voltage meter connected to the battery. I have to check with my multimeter or turn the display on.

When the battery is around 50% I can feel a lot of heat on the charger. Then when it’s a few volts away from being fully charged I can feel it cooling down (less current flow)..
Well normally I just plug in and wait for the greenlight but when I’m ready to ride sometimes I watch it like a hawk lol

Edit:
Funny thing is my charger just turned green as I sent this message lol
Time to ride 😎😎😎

Attachments

• B70AB814-054D-4064-9458-4DEF1A3E399C.jpeg
    B70AB814-054D-4064-9458-4DEF1A3E399C.jpeg
    591.2 KB · Views: 924
Who uses a rear camera gadget? I tried mine out yesterday for the first time and absolutely loved it on the road. I still always look over my shoulder before changing lanes though. I would just use a mirror but I ride on Mountain bike trails and I know I would break the mirror quickly.

Mirrors on all my bikes. Camera has much better FOV with 170 degree lens.

That is displayed on a screen as a live backup /rear view camera?

TDB said:
That is displayed on a screen as a live backup /rear view camera?

It’s a brake light and camera. Well just flashing, not an actual brake light.
It connects to your smart phone via Wi-Fi not Bluetooth. There’s an app you download, you can view it in real time and it automatically records and saves on a micro SD card.

Bike Camera with LED Tail Light, Full HD Rear-View WiFi Bike Light Cam, USB Rechargeable Bicycle Rear Cycling Flashlight, 6 Light Mode Options https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088RB82F5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_GG2P8GDY349A7A1FQFKB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

As for me, I need a basket. My cargo e-bike has an 18 gallon, frame mounted front "basket" (tote bin) that carries 100 pounds (and more) often. My ho-hum e-bike has the biggest plastic front bike basket I could find, zip tied to the front of the BMX bars. It feels really confining sometimes, having only a fat grocery bag worth of cargo capacity.

On my bikes that don't have luggage capacity, I feel like I've left home without my pants.

My trailer is supposedly good for 35kg. Trailer with electric conversion is about half of that. Sometimes overweight.

Not really a gadget... I built a dog carrier for my 4kg JRT using two layers of 20mm yoga matt to keep his little arms and legs inside if we go over. He can poke his head out. Geometry is designed to pull him down and inside by his harness, but still give him enough to move around inside. It is ugly but it works and he doesn't go anywhere on the bike without it.

Back