TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Hi Woojak.

What are the ratings of the two resistors that you have on your boards.

Thanks.

Attachments

• boards.jpg
    boards.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 1,624
andyb said:
Hi Woojak.

What are the ratings of the two resistors that you have on your boards.

Thanks.
On the front there is a power status LED (green is proposed)
876d30cb6157197db3492de1be70bf52.jpg

Resistor R3 is 330 ohm, you can use another one to brighten or dim the power status LED on the front.
(You may also choose not to install these 2 things :) )

754be25ddd2057e0038425c040d0cd0f.jpg

Sent from my MAX1 using Tapatalka

Hello, I'm getting this error

nRF52 device has a CTRL-AP dedicated to recover the device from AP lock.
A high level adapter (like a ST-Link) you are currently using cannot access
the CTRL-AP so 'nrf52_recover' command will not work.

I'm using an updated STLink V2

Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
Info : STLINK V2J39S7 (API v2) VID:pID 0483:3748
Info : Target voltage: 3.156505
Warn : target nrf52.cpu examination failed
Info : starting gdb server for nrf52.cpu on 3333
Info : Listening on port 3333 for gdb connections

I have read around on the subject and it looks like I need a different interface device to get past this, can anyone offer any guidance on what I should be buying, would either of these work? I'm happy to find out more and learn how to do this.

CMSIS DAP DAPLink ARM STM32 programmer debugger JTAG SWD Debug Probe Serial

s-l1600 (2).png

DAPLink Emulator Burner Support For HID Device SWD Download Keil MDK IAR Based On CMSIS-DAPLink Replace ST-Link V2

cmsis daplink.jpg

andyb said:
Hello, I'm getting this error

nRF52 device has a CTRL-AP dedicated to recover the device from AP lock.
A high level adapter (like a ST-Link) you are currently using cannot access
the CTRL-AP so 'nrf52_recover' command will not work.

I'm using an updated STLink V2

Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
Info : STLINK V2J39S7 (API v2) VID:pID 0483:3748
Info : Target voltage: 3.156505
Warn : target nrf52.cpu examination failed
Info : starting gdb server for nrf52.cpu on 3333
Info : Listening on port 3333 for gdb connections

I have read around on the subject and it looks like I need a different interface device to get past this, can anyone offer any guidance on what I should be buying, would either of these work? I'm happy to find out more and learn how to do this.

CMSIS DAP DAPLink ARM STM32 programmer debugger JTAG SWD Debug Probe Serial

s-l1600 (2).png

DAPLink Emulator Burner Support For HID Device SWD Download Keil MDK IAR Based On CMSIS-DAPLink Replace ST-Link V2

cmsis daplink.jpg
Probably you need to fully erase and /or unlock, all commands of OpenOCD

Thanks Casainho. I'm new to OpenOCD, assuming I have run it and set up as per the flashing instructions, what would the command line be. I appreciate you don't have time to run through every step of this with me, I just want to know I have entered the correct command.

andyb said:
Thanks Casainho. I'm new to OpenOCD, assuming I have run it and set up as per the flashing instructions, what would the command line be. I appreciate you don't have time to run through every step of this with me, I just want to know I have entered the correct command.

Hello can someone please help me, I can't get it to work.. To put some context to this problem, I'm on my second st-link v2 and i have 2 dongles (bought from Mouser) and I have tried all combinations of them and I have tried as previously mentioned in a post, using the 5v pin instead of the 3v pin. I fired up Ubuntu and tried that but the commands past the installation of openocd failed. (I have followed all the instructions that Cas has put in place for when things are not working)
I so want to get this working and have spent hours and hours looking for an answer online.
Please see 2 posts ago for the error that I get.
I'm really trying to sort this out without bothering people but it's been a week and I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

andyb said:
Hello can someone please help me, I can't get it to work.. To put some context to this problem, I'm on my second st-link v2 and i have 2 dongles (bought from Mouser) and I have tried all combinations of them and I have tried as previously mentioned in a post, using the 5v pin instead of the 3v pin. I fired up Ubuntu and tried that but the commands past the installation of openocd failed. (I have followed all the instructions that Cas has put in place for when things are not working)
I so want to get this working and have spent hours and hours looking for an answer online.
Please see 2 posts ago for the error that I get.
I'm really trying to sort this out without bothering people but it's been a week and I just don't know what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I updated the guide here: https://opensourceebike.github.io/development/development-flash_and_debug_firmware.html

Try buy and use

Try to buy and use the JLink on Ebay for similar price. And / or buy a new board. It always help to have extras so we can test on them.

Thanks Cas, I have an array of things coming from Ali express including a Jtag.

I will feed back as I try the new things to make sure (if it works) this can help everyone.

Hello, would i be able to flash it with a SEGGER J-Link and using J-Flash Lite? Would this be a case of connecting, erasing and then flashing?

Thanks.

andyb said:
Hello, would i be able to flash it with a SEGGER J-Link and using J-Flash Lite? Would this be a case of connecting, erasing and then flashing?

Thanks.
Probably yes. You just need to find information to to flash the NRF52 with that tools.

It worked...I bricked them, or at least i think i did, but then using a J-link clone from Ali express they flashed and are good to go.

Hello, no you didn't miss it, I bought this and then flashed using the J-Flash Lite software, which you can download from the J-tag site. I did not try to update the J-tag when it asked. It was one hell of a journey to get this done and I still have some bugs, for example now I can link to the phone app but it won't display the fields properly and the connection drops, but that's for another day. Please don't be afraid to ask me for help, I'm really not sure I will be able to do that much but I will try.

:D :D :D

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002636429522.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.21ef1802lqNM2P

For my solarbike, I have developed a wireless round gauge called the Bluetooth Wattmeter. It would be nice if it could also be used together with the TSDZ2. If there is interest, I will hand over the design files to the TSDZ2 Wireless project. Then everyone can make their own Wattmeters too.

[youtube]OOTvbc08wqY[/youtube]

Bluetooth-Wattmeter-4x.jpg

See the article here: https://www.avdweb.nl/solar-bike/electronics/bluetooth-wattmeter-extension-board-for-ebike-motor-controller

avandalen said:
For my solarbike, I have developed a wireless round gauge called the Bluetooth Wattmeter. It would be nice if it could also be used together with the TSDZ2. If there is interest I will hand over the design files to the TSDZ2 Wireless project. Then everyone can use the Wattmeter.

[youtube]OOTvbc08wqY[/youtube]

Bluetooth-Wattmeter-4x.jpg

See the article here: https://www.avdweb.nl/solar-bike/electronics/bluetooth-wattmeter-extension-board-for-ebike-motor-controller
Hi avandalen.

For me personally, I am looking for light / small / clean EBike to ride on the mountain trails so I would not use your big displays - I am concentrating all the sensors information (like pedal power meter, electronic gears, electric motor and so on, on my Garmin Edge, like the one I see on your EBike).

Although I understand they are more physical displays and there are for sure ones that like them.

Hello, i found your project and didnt read all pages ( i'm still reading), but i have some questions regarding the ant+ lev-thing: When looking at your github-page, i have seen that you have mostly put pictures and i dont fully understand the whole thing...
But first i shoud tell my plans: I want to build with a rear hub motor and a vesc as controller. Only display i want to use is my bike-computer (karoo 2), which now supports the ant+ lev ebike. I want to use "standard" ant+ Handlebar buttons (shimano or others). I try to find a hub-motor which includes PAS, torque and maybe speed-sensor.
EBike_EScooter_modular_DIY: i dont see any ant+ - references. It only controls the vesc?
EV_Display_Bluetooth_Ant: Put as "archivated", so this one is incomplete/not working?
Bafang_M500_M600: Seems to me as this one is regarding the original Mid-drive-controller?
OpenSourceEBike.github.io: Only pictures and schematics/freecad.
So did you quit the ant+ lev completely? Or am i missing something important? Lots of the links from this thred which go to your github end on a 404-page, which makes the whole thing somewhat difficult to me.
So finally i think (maybe completely wrong) that i could build a controller with the vesc, including a torque-sensor (here with can-bus, other i have to program myself), cable-wired buttons and a cable-wired display?
You mention that you use the AS5047 with your motor. How did you connect it physically? The only picture which "shows" that doesnt show the hardware connected to the motor. (I think the bafang maybe has the option to put it on somewhere?)
Thanks much for any help!

Thanks much for that info. I have read about this motor at pedelecforum. To be more clear: My first intention is to get info about the project, specially about the ant+ lev thing. I dont think i will find any motor which sends data wireless, but we never know about chinese inventions... :)

Hello, i found your project and didnt read all pages ( i'm still reading), but i have some questions regarding the ant+ lev-thing: When looking at your github-page, i have seen that you have mostly put pictures and i dont fully understand the whole thing...
But first i shoud tell my plans: I want to build with a rear hub motor and a vesc as controller. Only display i want to use is my bike-computer (karoo 2), which now supports the ant+ lev ebike. I want to use "standard" ant+ Handlebar buttons (shimano or others). I try to find a hub-motor which includes PAS, torque and maybe speed-sensor.
EBike_EScooter_modular_DIY: i dont see any ant+ - references. It only controls the vesc?
EV_Display_Bluetooth_Ant: Put as "archivated", so this one is incomplete/not working?
Bafang_M500_M600: Seems to me as this one is regarding the original Mid-drive-controller?
OpenSourceEBike.github.io: Only pictures and schematics/freecad.
So did you quit the ant+ lev completely? Or am i missing something important? Lots of the links from this thred which go to your github end on a 404-page, which makes the whole thing somewhat difficult to me.
So finally i think (maybe completely wrong) that i could build a controller with the vesc, including a torque-sensor (here with can-bus, other i have to program myself), cable-wired buttons and a cable-wired display?
You mention that you use the AS5047 with your motor. How did you connect it physically? The only picture which "shows" that doesnt show the hardware connected to the motor. (I think the bafang maybe has the option to put it on somewhere?)
Thanks much for any help!
@abfahrer, My VESC experience is going very well!! Here a picture of my last ride - you can see the 3D printed motor cover where I placed VESC + EBike board inside the motor:

So, going with Python (CircuitPyhon) running on ESP32 is being a good experience. Currently, I just started to add unit tests to the firmware (but on another similar project), something I never did, it is new for me but it for sure brings more quality and stability to the firmware.

As for ANT, the guys at CircuitPyhon said they did not implement it because it is the proprietary license. So, my wish is to keep the NRF52840 board with C code to implement only the ANT+ and then connect it to the EBike board. Any other ANT+ module on the market is not so flexible as having our own board with our firmware.

And about reusing all this technology on other devices, I just bought a Fiido Q1S that is considered an EBike equivalent on Portuguese law, meaning I can ride both on roads and bikepaths, as long as it keeps the 25km/h speed limit. I will upgrade it with a 2000 watt motor, 40A @ 52V and I will use the VESC Flipsky 75100 - I will need to develop the specific turn and stop lights, on the EBike board, that I do not have on my EBike. Basically, I will reuse everything, all the knowledge and firmware.

Fiido Q1 modded:

But the future will probably go to the ELegs, that are cheaper (1000€) than EBikes but help us run, walk and ride a bicycle:

I don't know if there is a motor that provides this sensor data wirelessly, but there is one, that provides it via UART:

I've got it running with a Lishui controller.

regards
stancecoke
interesting solution, so is this motor working with any Phoebe Liu supplied controller out of the box? Or you had to connect and program yourself the second UART?
What is the torque reading range in Nm?
They also have this motor for frewheel solution https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003736481789.html? should it be the same sensor for different mechanical solution?

Back