Magnet cube? In the motor

Krisztina

10 µW
Hey guys,

We tries to repair my ebike because of a hall sensor fault but when we took apart the motor just a black cube felt off from it. We have no idea where it is going back to. Could anyone help me pls?

Thank you1000004441.jpg1000004349.jpg

That looks huge; I don't see how it could fit in there and still let the motor run. Can you post a pic of it with the motor, for scale?

What material is it? (or what does it feel like)

There are tiny things that resemble that shape called keys that secure parts from rotating (like stator to axle, etc), but nothing that would be that huge.

If there is no key in place, the stator would rotate on the axle, or the ring gear rotate inside the shell, or the planetary assembly rotate on the axle, and the motor would not drive the wheel (or it would actually rip the wiring apart as the stator spun inside the motor).

That looks huge; I don't see how it could fit in there and still let the motor run. Can you post a pic of it with the motor, for scale?

There are tiny things that resemble that shape called keys that secure parts from rotating (like stator to axle, etc), but nothing that would be that huge.

If there is no key in place, the stator would rotate on the axle, or the ring gear rotate inside the shell, and the motor would not drive the wheel (or it would actually rip the wiring apart as the stator spun inside the motor).
After we "lost it" the walk assist doesn't work properly, i can hear the motor is trying to work but the wheel doesn't work. It's works when i pick up the bike and the wheel doesn't touch the floor.
The PAS completely dead.
I tried to search on the google about the keys also, but i still couldn't find it where it is goes to.

I

If there is no key in place, the stator would rotate on the axle, or the ring gear rotate inside the shell, and the motor would not drive the wheel (or it would actually rip the wiring apart as the stator spun inside the motor).
It's feels like metal, and it's light. Someone said it's could be the speedo sensor inside wich is goes above the blue wires on the side, and we should to glue it on the top cover, but my hubby said it's too big for it.

The speed sensor magnets are the six little cylinders on the side cover. The actual sensor is the little hall sensor at Q4 facing the side cover on the circuit board.

If the wheel doesn't "work" meaning the motor makes sounds but doesn't mvoe the wheel, it's probably the key out of hte ring gear in the shell casing, or the planetary gear assembly on the axle.

But the image you show is so huge compared to the motor there's no way it would fit in there.

See the notch in the center of the assembly below? that takes a key like what you show to keep ti from spinning on the axle
original-bafang-8fun-bpm-cst-motor-clutch-planetary-gear-set-for-replacement_1[1].jpg

The speed sensor magnets are the six little cylinders on the side cover. The actual sensor is the little hall sensor at Q4 facing the side cover on the circuit board.

If the wheel doesn't "work" meaning the motor makes sounds but doesn't mvoe the wheel, it's probably the key out of hte ring gear in the shell casing, or the planetary gear assembly on the axle.

But the image you show is so huge compared to the motor there's no way it would fit in there.

See the notch in the center of the assembly below? that takes a key like what you show to keep ti from spinning on the axle
View attachment 350789
Ah okay, thank you to explain to me. :) I'm in work now unfortunately haha, but i will get back to you at the afternoon when i checked the gears. Thank you so much ;)

View attachment 350789
Hello,

Any idea on where I can find these Q4 sensors online?

Is your sensor actually broken/failed?

if it is, then you will get no speed displayed when spinning the wheel by hand, or just riding the bike.

If you get no speed from the wheel spinning but you do get speed when running the motor, it means the system is not using the wheel speed sensor, but is set to read the motor instead. To fix that, you can check the display settings for the speedometer menu, per whatever manual you have for your controller/display (we don't know what that is so we can't help with that part).

There are some tests with a multimeter you can do to verify the sensor before trying to replace it.

Did you find the spot in the motor the key goes into, and reinstall it yet? (until that's done, the motor wont' operate the wheel and replacing the sensor is probably not useful).

Hello hello,

It's me again, you were right, that was the key what i lost, we fixed that now, so that part is works fine BUT my PAS is gone. That was a brand new speed sensor what we used, the walking assist is works, but the Speed sensor doesn't, the LCD doesn't show the speed even when I'm just cycling on as a push bike. I have a S866 lcd so i tried to set it up by the 'paper' so i definitely not gonna fuc*ed up anything in the settings. I will give up soon on this bike honestly, we fix something but get a other faulty things.:(
The LCD doesn't shows any Error codes. Should i see error on the display if my speed sensor is faulty?

Maybe the sensor wasn't broken, but one of the wires or traces to it is? Then replacing it wouldn't help. It needs a ground, +5V, and signal line. Feels like you could use a multimeter and check at the controller end and where the component is.

Label sticker is still between the flanges and says 400w bmc
I need that piece, either buy locally or make one.
The gears picture, the slots at 12 o'clock.

Attachments

• IMG_20240411_143839493.jpg
    IMG_20240411_143839493.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20240411_143854425.jpg
    IMG_20240411_143854425.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
BUT my PAS is gone. That was a brand new speed sensor what we used, the walking assist is works, but the Speed sensor doesn't, the LCD doesn't show the speed even when I'm just cycling on as a push bike.
The speed sensor is built into the motor; it's the sensor near the Q4 marking. It is triggered by the six magnets on the cover next to it when the cover is installed.

Are those magnets correctly working (meaning, do they attract a piece of steel, like a paperclip, etc)?

The sensor you can test, but it doesnt have anything direclty to do with PAS.

PAS is a separate sensor on your pedals. That usually has a magnet ring on the crankshaft, and a sensor mounted to the bike frame nearby. If the distance is too close or too far, it won't trigger.

Ways to test the speed sensor in the motor depend on if it's still open or if you have to test using the external connectors, and what exactly those connectors are.

I need that piece, either buy locally or make one.
The gears picture, the slots at 12 o'clock.
Need what piece? There are many pieces in those pictures.

If you mean the key that goes in the slot, you already have it and said you reinstalled it and it is working fine.

The speed sensor is built into the motor; it's the sensor near the Q4 marking. It is triggered by the six magnets on the cover next to it when the cover is installed.

Are those magnets correctly working (meaning, do they attract a piece of steel, like a paperclip, etc)?

The sensor you can test, but it doesnt have anything direclty to do with PAS.

PAS is a separate sensor on your pedals. That usually has a magnet ring on the crankshaft, and a sensor mounted to the bike frame nearby. If the distance is too close or too far, it won't trigger.

Ways to test the speed sensor in the motor depend on if it's still open or if you have to test using the external connectors, and what exactly those connectors are.

Need what piece? There are many pieces in those pictures.

If you mean the key that goes in the slot, you already have it and said you reinstalled it and it is working fine.
So i just tried to find out yesterday what's going on.. even i bought a throttle :D ( i always wanted it)
So its perfectly works with the throttle, the displays shows everything from the first moment.
What was weird my PAS came alive a few times yesterday BUT the issue is it's kicked in so late, or it's kicked in when i stopped to pedaling...sometimes doesn't do a thing.

I can't really tell what you have working and not, or what's been done, so I don't really think I can help you here.

If you were to clearly state each thing you are doing and testing and their results at each step, it would help those trying to help you.

Back