new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its summer time with warm weather, lock downs have eased, certain area's are back to pre-virus social interactions (FLA/TX), people are getting vaccinated and people are getting out. Why sit at a computer when the sun is shining and need to bring in the rays on an ebike, or eskateboard or egokart or EV. Start crossing those bucket items on list because most who have stayed on through the pandemic have saved a lot of money.

yes. I was an exception and went out about every day before I got vaccinated. I just wore an electric 4 ply mask and full plastic face shield and carried hand sanitizer every where I went. It is nice weather and go out for 2 to 4 hour rides almost every day it don't rain.

I plan on going out tonight. If you get a chance watch the video I posted. There are a lot of deer on the trail. It is awesome. One of the reasons it is taking forever to build the LIFEPO4 packs is I am out and about a lot more.

Unfortunately I am going to have to stop riding e bikes daily as need to walk for exercise to help out my type 2 diabetes. I still will be out in the nice weather but won't be able to go as far. Perhaps I should invest in an electric skate board that will fit in a large back pack.

My problem is if I walk to Wall-Mart which is just under 3 miles I have to walk back which is when I start getting really tired but could start taking the bus like I did back in 2019 but am still wearing at least a cloth mask as I still do not fully trust the vaccine. I might lose the face shield and electric mask though as is a pain in the ass to clean and sterilize. I take it apart and spray the mask and filter with Lysol. Then place them in front of a fan to dry. The mask cover easily falls off so use electric tape to keep it in place. It is easier to spray a cloth mask and just hang it up. I will be investing in a good N95 for when I use public transportation or in a store.

I am not sure if I will ever feel comfortable in a close area with a lot of people with no mask. There is still a possibility of new variants and then those who do not wear a mask and did not get a vaccine. It is way too early to assume we can all go back to before COVID 19 happened. Maybe in 6 months or a year. I do plan on taking a road trip to NY though to see family and friends this summer. Probably a train and one of my 20" bikes. I am unable to drive that far. The old van has no AC and the driver window wont roll down anymore.

Thanks for posting.

LC. out.

Yeah well thats the difference between America and Canada, lots of places all across Canada are still closed, students arent even back in school in some places (Like Ontario). I couldnt even get a haircut for the longest time, gyms/theaters/dine-in are still closed all across Canada so couldnt go anywhere even if you could in Canada.

Keep yourself fit and healthy you will be fine i had covid just over a year ago ive refused any vaccines way i see it they have been rushed and i dont want to be the guinea pig when ive already fought and won no intervention.

I had short breath that was no fun i didn't sleep for nearly 24 hours i just couldnt stop feeling short on breath and my legend of a cat god rest his soul no longer with us from stroke sat by me all night they know something not right.

Since that initial exposure i recovered over a month or so and interacted in groups since and had no reoccurring symptoms, ive been called for a vaccine but way i see it don't maje me stop spreading and this indian varient they keep spouting on about is just going to be anouther round of jabs till there 3 jabs with no knowledge how they interact with eachother trail are still on going as the nation become the test.

My parents have had it and they are in their 70s so i got no peobs with that but in uk we are trying to give it to everyone i feel like its a pharmaceutical move to take the tax payer to the cleaners this will kill NHS we won't treat anything but covid unless its private or deaths door cases and the public are been hearded into thinking anyone with out a jab will have restrictions limited freedom of movement and access to services, what are we china in 25 years this country has flipped on its head and its the wealthy forcing this issue its a money grab system we live in.

My concern is people are vaccinating and then travelling to countrys with poor health care and health no vaccine progran like uk so the vunerable amongst them will be at trouble from the tourists vaccinate and unaware that traveling through the airport meana they could be still spreading.

Best method ive heard from doctors is to use a worming tablet it fires the human immune system so if you kniw your going to be mixing and are of a vunrable health situation and dont feel the vaccine program is for you or not eligible in your country etc take a worming tablet before you plan to go your trip.

Ill be traveling next week id rather die living than living feeling like the dead inside i don't want to die but im ready to meet my maker if i have to life has no choice even with the highest level of control a plane can crash on your head.

Yea.

Ill be traveling next week id rather die living than living feeling like the dead inside i don't want to die but im ready to meet my maker if i have to life has no choice even with the highest level of control a plane can crash on your head.

Yea. I like the way you think. Sometimes I dream about planes crashing and even aliens attacking. Launching shit which crashes to the ground. lol. lol I watch too many sy fi movies. lol.

I listened to Michael Savage and Alex Jones a few months back when the shit was real bad. They are anti vaccine. I get it. I felt that way but decided J&J was the way. The others no F way. New technology and agree , Guinee pigs. J & J is based on 50 year old technology I think. Maybe wrong but defiantly SARS based which is closer than 20 years old than those moderna and Physer.
vaccines.

My sister went to some college in the UK and got her masters in medicine. She works ER in Michigan for 20 years. It was not Oxford but the next one at the top part of that list.

She was in Michigan which got hit especially hard. She got sick and so did her daughter , My niece and she got that child version which attacks other organs and it was questionable if she would get thru it my mother told me.

My wife is 77 with severe COPD and on oxygen. COVID is a death sentence for sure for her. I am high risk. It will be 7 days Friday vaccinated. I still wear my electric mask. I will wait 30 days just to be safe.

I am building LIFEPO4 packs no solder.

Fact is I can actually solder and can show a few packs I did with decent results.

I could not find the same solder and flux I used and failed miserably trying a year or so later so decided to build solderless packs.

After a long process I did finally get some positive results. It seems that I just might be able to build solderless LIFEPO4 packs. I have wood to put them in a box. Or three boxes. Two 6S packs and a 4S pack. ALL 5P

This is the results of testing all of them the third time doing the same thing as the third test. Not all but the first 6S - 5P pack I can charge with either of my 6S LiPo chargers.

Not togeather yet but my next step when I wake up. Hopefully 24 hours from now will be on my LiPo charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5SUOaqGzmE

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0294.JPG
    IMG_0294.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 559
electric mask

Wow, just did a quick search on covid electric mask
https://www.amazon.com/Belovedone-Rechargeable-Respirator-Replaceable-Activated/dp/B08D3JXNB9

I really hope you didnt buy yours off ebay/amazon or anywhere online except from reputable nation-wide stores.

At most I'd trust N95 and N99 masks from pharmacy stores, they are around and expensive.
Layering mask materials is common, you'd want a good quality high thread count (600-1000 thread count) cotton material with several layers as an outer mask. Having a good seal, long beards can be problematic. Face shields are a nice touch, front line workers are doing that.

Buying safety related items online you have to be careful, even if its Amazon fullfiled, or Amazon itself because it has private sellers ship their product to Amazon warehouse to be stored and who knows if its just mixed in. Examples are Baby toys, any ingestables (food, pills, vitamins) jewellery because it touches skin, heck even that nation-wide novelty mall store have been known to have toxic jewellery and they cater to teens. This made nation news on tv with people scrounging dumpsters to sell online. Sure online is convenient but you still have to have common sense.

Well I had several different ones. Been using them basically almost the entire time starting when COVID got really bad. I switched to electric and wore the face shield. I also wash or spray everything that comes thru the door.

I drank too many beers last night and have been sleeping the entire day. My diabetes is getting worse I think. It makes me not want to do much of anything some days.

I hope to get that 6S - 5P - LIFEPO4 pack together and get it hooked up to my 6S - LiPo chargers sometime tonight if it is possible. Then I can start building the second one. I want to see how good LIFEPO4 really are.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Keep safe my friend sunlight is a good steriliser, lifepo4 long as its not stressed by working it close to its c rating (max discharge rating) is a work horse you will get many cycles out of them just be sure to keep them cool.

Lithuim needs 20c degree to give max power lifepo4 can do it at lower temps i think its about 8c not to sure been a while since i had a headway cell but i know its not so sensitive to temp.

lifepo4 long as its not stressed by working it close to its c rating (max discharge rating) is a work horse you will get many cycles out of them just be sure to keep them cool.

OK.

I was just thinking I could hook up a 12V cooling fan for cooling the cells when I run the 3 kilowatt brushless motor. It could be mounted on one end of the battery box with ventilation of a second fan on the other end. I have more than one 12V power supply I built from 18650 cells.

I may not need it for the 1,000W hub motor but would have the fan if I did need it during hot weather.

1,000W / 48V = 20.83V * 59 = 1,220W

I am not sure about top speed from the hub motor at 48V. At 53V it did 26 mph. but do not think that factory 13S - 7P pack is putting out enough amps for 1,000W. I will go with 24 mph @ 48V so 24 / 48 = .5 * 60 = 30 mph.

I will need to hook up my power meter and see exactly how much power the 13S - 7P pack puts out. Then the LIFEPO4 packs. In fact all my packs. I should be able to find out how efficient all my motors are by comparing output in watts to top speed. This includes dual motor set ups where a single pack is used and speed vs power going up hills as well.

I have two cameras and just got a brand new updated android Obama phone but not sure if that will make the speedometer in the GPS app. I use with google maps more accurate or not.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Best way to cool a cell is not get it hot in the first place how we do that is to underrate it, batterys in cans have a poor thermal path so blowing on them does not really work the heat is inside like its being microwaved say

Controllers and motors can be pushed harder but if the battery is ever heating then your leaning on it too hard degrading it.

What you will find is the strongest pack with least voltage sag under load will give you the highest top speed.

Its like putting weight in the batterys hands if it's really strong it stands tall holds weight high gets lots of work done.
But a weak battery will fall flat on its face not lift the weight and feel the pain start to sweat and tap out.

When we design a system even if the motors tapping out and controller cant take no more the battery always needs to be cool level headed and calm ready for more and this is not easy to do tesla can't manage repeat full power with out heat soak.

latecurtis said:
I drank too many beers last night and have been sleeping the entire day. My diabetes is getting worse I think. It makes me not want to do much of anything some days.
I would think it more likely that Marijuana combined with "too many beers" to be the cause that "makes me not want to do much of anything some days"!?

And a bad diet isnt helpful either even if you think your diet is good you could still be eating more carbs and sugar, that is why I love the keto diet because it makes me not hungry all day, and I don't snack all day like I used to when carb loading (eating to much carbs (breads, pasta, grains) and you can lose weight if done properly. I just pounded out a few hrs on yt on the tv, made many pages of notes and consolidating in a spreadsheet. Probably to much work for some who love to procrastinate and are lazy like I used to be but you dont have to follow exactly, dont have to count calories, dont have to count carbs. Just eat the good keto foods. But laying off the weed and booze is a given, but some just can't do it thats why 10-20% of employee's need help whether they ask the company or not - corporations expect those kinda of percentages. Correlates well with general society.

DrkAngel said:
latecurtis said:
I would think it more likely that Marijuana combined with "too many beers" to be the cause that "makes me not want to do much of anything some days"!?

For myself ive found occasional fasting not having a constant food habit switch thing up a bit works to the point i just listen to what i crave and feed it within reason.

Body nows what it wants after been sick and dehydrated i normally want bacon and plum tomatoes after it i feel much better.

Weeds a bastard that's whats not helping starts out a relief makes things easyier but it soon starts to apply its weight of addiction then tablets and all sorts get combined to make a pickled mess that feels soft and fuzzy to be in relaxing times but the downside to that is reality hits hard like a steam train life starts slipping and the feedback loop of destruction starts.

Ive been there myself the area i live in not many make it out without some form of issues its a sad state the goverments have led us into all for the sake of the economy god save the queen all hail to the American way.

My school picture the boy either side of me dead both hung themselfs then theres countless herion addicts and prison offenders this is a small valley school too not some big city theres been a failing of the system and we pay the price the fact ive got a brain and a loving family is proberly whats saved me from falling down the same traps as others still sad to see the order we see as a child fall apart as we grow to understand more.

I am at a turning point with these LIFEPO4 packs.

I have two ways I can go here as I have a bag with at least 20 - 6S balance plugs.

I am looking at worse case scenarios.

Which would be the worse as far as starting a fire or damaging the pack if there was a single cell with a loose connection which would not be connected one minute and if I hit a bump all of a sudden was connected again.

I checked and double checked and triple checked each and the last time did find a couple and all I had to do was use the screw driver and turn the bolt slightly and was fixed. I then added the extra zip ties and checked them all again three times and all connections were good.

I just want to know which way to go,

I can order a parallel board to charge them all at once if I do decide to use a balance plug for each row or five balance plugs per 6S pack.

However if I choose a single balance plug for each pack and a single cell came loose and was not connected for a period of time then was connected again what would happen ?

Also would I be better off with a BMS ? would it make a difference besides being able to charge the 16S pack all at once instead of three separate packs and would it offer protection on one of the worse case scenarios

Please let me know as I see many of you are posting again.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• which one.png
    which one.png
    11 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    IMG_0301.JPG
    337.5 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    IMG_0303.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 444
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    IMG_0304.JPG
    387.8 KB · Views: 444
I would recommend a bms to perform the maintence rather than yourself, get a torque wrench if not worst case scenrio is use a drill it will torque them all evenly but its upto you the number you choose on the drill to how much torque you apply very blind but its better than doing them all by hand as thats just as hard to get them all evenly tight.

I recommend you watch some youtube video by solar power with will prouse

https://youtube.com/c/WillProwse

He has lots of topics answering all the questions you have plus he shows differing approaches to solving each persons needs

Ps. Just the 1 balance plug keep the cells in their groups at all times it helps them age into eachother and stay fairly even imagine flowing water in tubs and keeping them tubs all with the same water level do the same to one as you do to them all theu will stay asbine that way, as you gather knowledge in the area you will soon get a track on methods used.

Put all the cells that you want in parallel, in parallel. Then treat each block of parallel cells as a single cell. Don't put series strings in parallel with each other. Put parallel blocks in series.

Put all the cells that you want in parallel, in parallel. Then treat each block of parallel cells as a single cell. Don't put series strings in parallel with each other. Put parallel blocks in series.

Yes. That is what I thought.

I tested all the cells in each block and all connections were good on the meter.

When I get up I will test them again. Then I will need to connect all the cells for each block and then hook up the 6S balance plug.

I have plenty of wood to build a box for each 6S pack and a 4S pack.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Ok.

I have two blocks finished. All cells in the block connected.

My question is about the stock 1,000 watt controller for the 1,000 watt direct drive hub motor. It is all hooked up and running so do not want to haul it upstairs and unhook it and install the 36 to 60V 1,000 watt Greentime controller unless there is a problem with the sensor wires or the stock controller.

Also I do not want to burn out the stock controller as it is 48V NOT 60V.

Also I do not want to run 12S - LIFEPO4 either. I want to run 16S so that all the cells are cycled evenly.

16 * 3.7 = 59.2V

16 * 3.8 = 60.8V

I was thinking 54 to 56V might be my best option for the stock controller.

I do not even know how many amps the stock controller is but do know that

1,000W / 48V = 20.83 * 56 = 1,166W.

The thing is charging. I need to charge the 26650 cells to 3.5V not 3.8 or 3.7.

Of course I do have the other option of hooking up the 36 to 60V Greentime controller. I may be able to swap controllers in the van so wont have to lug that heavy dual suspension up the stairs.

The thing is I should have ordered a 1,500 watt Greentime controller instead of the 1,000 watt. I do know that Greentime controllers do work very well as the 18 amp 350 watt Greentime controller hooked to the Bafang motors put out ample power so at 35 amps the 1,000W Greentime controller should put out at 60V.

35 amps * 58V = 2,030 watts. But since it is only rated at 1,000W I question that.

Please let me know as I coud order a 60V - 1,500W controller for that motor.

Thanks.

LC. out.

6/5/21 - 9:15 PM.

IMG_0309.JPG

four down and two to go.

I still have to build the box the six blocks will fit in to tightly after they are hooked in series. I am on my way to WallMart to get more liquid tape if they still have it. I know I bought the last one I am using now there.

I am also getting gorilla tape to cover the tops. I want to be 100% sure there are no short circuits.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0306.JPG
    IMG_0306.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 387
latecurtis said:
Also I do not want to burn out the stock controller as it is 48V NOT 60V.

Also I do not want to run 12S - LIFEPO4 either. I want to run 16S so that all the cells are cycled evenly.

16 * 3.7 = 59.2V

16 * 3.8 = 60.8V

I was thinking 54 to 56V might be my best option for the stock controller.
Although LiFePO₄ may charge at 3.7-3.8V, (3.65V recommended) discharge is a moderate 3.3-3.2V.
16 x 3.3V = 52.8V
Similar to SLA, LiFePO₄ requires extra voltage to force electricity into the battery and there is a significant voltage drop during discharge.

Attachments

• ps2375462-green_lfp_lifepo4_battery_cell_20ah_lightweight_with_good_charging_discharging_perfo...jpg
    ps2375462-green_lfp_lifepo4_battery_cell_20ah_lightweight_with_good_charging_discharging_perfo...jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 372
Although LiFePO₄ may charge at 3.7-3.8V, discharge is a moderate 3.3-3.2V.
16 x 3.3V = 52.8V

Well thank you DA.

I have not seen one of your graphs in awhile.

Also I am watching the news and your news is better as I was thinking I would need to swap 1,000 watt controllers to accommodate closer to 60V than 48V and now I wont have to as I could get a performance upgrade with the LIFEPO4 just by hooking them up when I get them done.

It should work with the 1,800 watt motor also. I fixed the flat and have been running it with the 13S - 7P pack.

What I really need to do is hook up my power meter. I need to know maximum power output from my batteries and controller.

I want to know if the 13S - 7P Lion pack is putting out 1,000 watts. My guess performance wise is I doubt it.

The 1,800 watt motor has fastest acceleration of all my e bikes but top speed is questionable. I will need to do some videos and more testing. What I do know , it is fun to ride.

Actually the Currie with the Bafang on the front and 1,000 watt brush motor on the back would be a good race for the 1,800 watt brushless motor. 13S vs 10S. My new or old 10S Lion batteries still run strong. There is no question of amps. they each put out > 1,000 watts. The 13S - 7P pack is what I question.

At least I know the LIFEPO4 will do > 2 kilowatts and can work with any of my 48V controllers.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Was supposed to rain all day. Not sure. Like a 47% chance it said so have been working on the pack.

Should be charging at 6S soon. Today or tomorrow,

Once I get the first one done the other two should go quicker I hope.

Not sure what I was thinking ordering a 4S parallel board when I need a 6S. I have two 6S LiPo chargers (see bottom pic)

I need to make charging the LIFEPO4 as simple as possible so the 400 watt Mega Charger Dan sent me about 6 years ago in the back should charge both 6S packs at the same time with a parallel board and the front 200 watt Sky Charger I bought should be good for the single 4S pack so all three packs can be charged at once for 16S to run.

Dan did send me a 6S parallel board but I was stupid and cut off all the plugs. I need to order a new one.

I wish Dan and SUNDER would post. Hope they are not mad at me for some reason.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    216 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    293.4 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0312.JPG
    IMG_0312.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    234.8 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0315.JPG
    IMG_0315.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0317.JPG
    IMG_0317.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0316.JPG
    IMG_0316.JPG
    434.8 KB · Views: 313
As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns.

I screwed my own pooch when I did the series connections. I used two solderless connecters for each series connection because the wires were too short. Now the wires stick out at least a couple inches.

I used four strips of gorilla tape just to hold the packs in place. Then I cut the 1/4" plywood into two 10 - 1/2" pieces for the sides and two 4 by 5" pieces for the top and bottom. The ends I am not covering as it will need some ventillation.

It just so happens that the battery bag that came with the 800 watt Hub motor kit I bought back several years ago will fit the pack perfectly.

I will need to order three the same size and then the LIFEPO4 packs will be run and charge ready as all the balance wires will be protected.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0319.JPG
    IMG_0319.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0320.JPG
    IMG_0320.JPG
    265.2 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    353.8 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    476.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    384 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    312.4 KB · Views: 283

Those plastic containers with lids I bought to store stuff are the perfect size. The lids just barley fit but do latch down. The pack does not have much room to shift around. I got lucky as it is perfect. Totally waterproof with some silicone. Two of those will be 12S and should fit inside of something that will make it look good. Some battery bag I can order.

The 4S pack will be separate. I might do three separate bags. I will work that out as I go.

What I do know is two things.

1. Almost ready to charge at 6S LIFEPO4.

2. There will be no short circuits.

Both 6S - 5P LIFEPO4 packs will get female bullets for both positive and negative connections. The 400 watt Mega charger will get male bullet plugs with red and black tape for no reverse polarity. The chargers wont charge reverse polarity anyway.

The 4S pack I will build last for 16S - 5P run will be male bullets and get charged with the Sky charger which is 200 watts and better suited for 4S - 5P.

For run I will need two male bullets color coder with black and red tape and will go to a XT60 plug compatable with all my controllers.

This is retard proof.

Yes I admit to plugging a positive battery bullet to a female bullet from the same pack several times when in a rush situtation and when I could barely see what I was doing. Causing a short circuit. I did it and plead guilty. I was a complete retard for doing it and on one occasion caused smoke and ruined about 20 cells or so, :oops: However I will not be doing it with LIFEPO4 as it is not possible to plug two female bullets together or two male bullets together. :oops:

Thanks.

LC. out.

8:02 AM.

I am charging the pack.

5S - Lithium ion = 6S LIFEPO4.

The charger does LIFEPO4 but only when set to 5S Lion.

4.2V * 5 = 21V \

3.6V * 6 = 21.6V

I tried charging at 6S LiPo - 25.2V as could not set charger to LIFEPO4 but charger was smart enough to stop charging then looked up charging voltage for LIFEPO4 and google says 3.6V so I am good.

I just have to build the other two packs and build the Haro V3 and I can smoke these peskey gas powered go carts and mini bikes that keep rolling around in my neighborhood.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    287.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    311 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    476.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    412.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    342.5 KB · Views: 265

Well After two attempts balance charging the 6S LIFEPO4 pack I watched a YouTube video and figured out how to set the charger for 6S balance LIFEPO4.

I will be building the second 6S pack now. Then I will need to figure out how to mount them.

Thanks.

LC. out.

3:53 AM.

Yea. I feel like I should have either soldered or had the 26650 cells spot welded. My main concern was heating up military grade factory cells because either my solder skills or solder results would leave much to be desired.

There is a big question reguarding my skills vs my results soldering. I have a lot of 18650 cells I successfully soldered and actually have a decent 12V supply. Two 12V supplies if I series the single 18650 blocks I soldered.

I just wanted to prove I could build my own solderless packs. There are sellers out there that sell cheap plastic kits. Starts with a V. I actually wasted my money on it once and it failed really bad.

My solderless packs will succeed.

I did a video today with the 1,800 watt brushless chain drive. I like running the chain drives when I can. If they fail I have three running e bikes with hub motors so will always have a reliable e bike to hop on. Four when I fix the 20" Turbo. All hub powered.

One is the Currie with the reliable Bafang up front and the sick chain drive in the rear. I can easily hot rod that 1,000 watt brush motor as it does 1,000 watts at 36V. At a higher voltage it might give the 1,800 watt brushless motor a run for its money. Depends on the controllers.

I had the power meter hooked up but was not right. It was in front of the switch and should be after the switch so requires substantial re wiring. I hooked up a male XT60 for load and female for source. The battery powers it direct before the breaker. That is wrong.

Also the wires were not long enough to mount on the front of basket with the phone with the navigation app. Also have a new phone and no speedo. on navigation app. so did not even bother with the video from the cannon. Did not even read power meter in video either. I wanted to see power vs. speed but will need a lot of time to set up the power meter , camera and phone with speedo. app.

I did get a decent video with the camera sunglasses though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRCNO02rYT4

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back