ping v2.5 battery with cyclone kit

barneys34

10 mW
i have just tested my bike today with the ping 24 volt 20 amp version 2.5 battery i was really surprised how well it went and after using the bike for over 12 miles with little pedaling i never even used half the battery pack my watts up meter was showing 7.5 amps used and its about right as it took the ping just over 1.5 hours to charge with my 5 amp charger they say the pings get better after a few charges so i hope to get 30 miles from my ping which is great i will be selling my psi 24 volt 10 amp pack that came with my cyclone kit if anyone wants it and is in the uk let me know

Hi Barney,
What size /wattage motor do you have?
Did the yellow or red light on the throttle come on while using throttle?
Thinking of buying 24v/20amp ping myself,my motor is 300w.

my cyclone is a 500 watt and the ping has no problem it pulls 20 amps at around 18 mph and if i use full throttle on the hills it goes up to around 32 amps so the ping is fine .i am thinking of building another setup with a ping and 650 watt cyclone kit but i dont know if the 650 watt kit would be worth the hassle of mounting the external speed controller for an extra 150 watts of power

barneys34 said:
my cyclone is a 500 watt and the ping has no problem it pulls 20 amps at around 18 mph and if i use full throttle on the hills it goes up to around 32 amps so the ping is fine .i am thinking of building another setup with a ping and 650 watt cyclone kit but i dont know if the 650 watt kit would be worth the hassle of mounting the external speed controller for an extra 150 watts of power
Thanks barney,
I have 300w elation, same motor as cyclone, i have 10 amp lifepo4, might look into ping 20 amp.

Back