Samsung INR18650-20R .. yes these cells can punch, new 24R

the cycles of this is allegedly around about 250:
Cycle info: Drops to 60% after 250 full charge/discharge Cycles;

here is a review on candlepowerforums of these cells
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?357962-Test-Review-of-Samsung-INR18650-20R-2000mAh-(Green)

IMR is Lithium manganese oxide
INR is Lithium nickel oxide

they are best if you need to output 200 amps+

zzoing said:
Did he say how much the pack weighs? How much does it weigh?

Quote- <<due to my idrive enclosure.>>

gt idrive?

it is a spring counterbalance that reduces the pedalling energy lost into suspension while pedalling uphill.
It also reduces the absorbency of the back suspension by putting some of the bumps back into your feet, which isn't ideal for and ebike.

to add to that, the handlebars are very far forwards, which takes its toll in the long run after thousands of kilometres of cross-country used as an ebike.
Which pack weight? My pack? If you want to quote someone, it's best to use the little 'quote' button next to their post.

ridethelightning said:
hi there rollodo

i think of cells as having a oneway arrow in them- from pos+ to minus-. call me crazy but it helps me get my head around it.
i sometimes even use feltip marker and draw arrows on each cell so i dont get mixed up.

youll need your first balence wire on the bottom neg terminal, after that, at where the tip of each arrow goes into the bottom of the next arrow(or where the pos+ teminal

is connected to the neg of the next cell in series), till you get to the top pos+ teminal which has the final balence wire.

eg. for 7s pack, there will be 8 balence wires, including bottom neg wire

or, if you arent getting the arrow thing,

think of it as a flight of stairs with landings like a fire escape.

the balence wires are on the bottom of the lowest step,on each landing and the last one at the very top.

hope this helps :D

-E
Take a look at this, is that close to what you're saying?

....._..._..._..
(-)_i !_i !_i !_(+)

here is a diagram. ignore the dots above ,i had to use them for spacing.

the dashs represent series conecting plates, the (!)and( i ) are the cells, with the dots being the pos(+)cell terminals, and the other ends being (-)neg cell terminals.

the first (ground)balence wire would be on the bottom neg terminal shown as (-)

each consecutive connecting plate, alternating top and bottom shown as (_) would have a balence wire, the final top balence wire would be on the (+) terminal

you need to alternate your paralelle strips of cells as iv shown, up, down, up ,down.

the series needs to start with negative and end with positive.

hope this helps. sory for crap diagram but its the best i could do with my it skills :D

zzoing said:
the cycles of this is allegedly around about 250:
Cycle info: Drops to 60% after 250 full charge/discharge Cycles;

No. The guaranteed capacity after 250 cycles is 60%. That tells nothing about the cycle life.

And magnets to interconnect cells: Seriously?

Ebikebert said:
any updated info on the 24r cells/ I wold love to get some.

If you can order 200pc (1 box) I can ship in an original Samsung box (un-tampered) with manufacturing tracking codes.

EDIT3:
Let me start again.
I can get the 20R cells not the 24R
MOQ is still 1Box 200pc - Sealed.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Samsung%20INR18650-20R%202000mAh%20(Green)%20UK.html

Just FYI, not sure about the $8.20/cell, but with shipping it may be more. My 16S4P pack post indicates the price shipped, per cell - they're selling it $17 + $3.8 shipping (least expensive) = $21 out of pocket = roughly $10.5/cell, unless I'm mistaken in my calculations.

What do you think about new LG 18650 D1 3000mAh 4,35V
Very high capacity due to 4,35V and lower Internal Resistance.
So this should mean less voltage sag if you build a 10p pack from both cells and drain it with 70A?

Samsung vs LG.jpg
LG%2018650%20D1%203000mAh%20(Pink)%204.35V-info.png

VS
Samsung%20INR18650-20R%202000mAh%20(Green)-info.png

Allex said:
What do you think about new LG 18650 D1 3000mAh 4,35V

LG%2018650%20D1%203000mAh%20(Pink)%204.35V-info.png

VS
Samsung%20INR18650-20R%202000mAh%20(Green)-info.png

I strongly believe that, unless it's a close variation of the 20R cell (such as 24R), it deserves a thread of its own, since a) it's a different battery and b) it'll be easier to find it. If this comparison gains traction, perhaps it'll be wise to create a separate thread for it.

Alright I'm back from a looong vacation;

First things first ... I strongly suggest that anybody looking to purchase the 20R's hold on and get the 24R's.

Supower seems to be away at the moment but the last communication I had with them was that they were stocking up to make some packs for a manufacturer in the US that sells replacement tool pack batteries so they might be increasing the stock and lowering the price.

This is the message they have on their website

We are having the spring Festival from Jan. 17 ~ Feb. 05

SO they're back after FEB05

Regarding the capacity of the 24R's well I got only 2 cells as samples and I received them right before I went on a florida trail backpacking trip.

I brought a pair of 20Rs and a pair of 24Rs with me to charge my cell phone etc using a 2 cell enclosure.

From my experience and I don't have any data yet. I'd strongly suggest to wait for the 24R or even the rumored 25R. The cells lasted longer (duh) and the weight was not noticeable. Then again I was carrying a 20 pound backpack so their weight is irrelevant.

Anyway I've been too busy with the website and work and this holiday break to keep up with this thread but I'm happy that some of the other members did and that is what ES is all about.

My main 20R pack is still running strong and I can't notice a capacity decrease due to cycle life BUT I am treating it like a baby. Discharges of 40 amps max and never discharge below 30% capacity or leave the pack charges at more than 50% for long periods of time.

Still 20R's and 24R's in my personal opinion are WAY safer than LIPO and the price I paid for em was pretty good.

Keep riding!

Rollodo said:
I strongly believe that, unless it's a close variation of the 20R cell (such as 24R), it deserves a thread of its own, since a) it's a different battery and b) it'll be easier to find it. If this comparison gains traction, perhaps it'll be wise to create a separate thread for it.

Was thinking about that forst actually, created a new thread, thx!

migueralliart said:
My main 20R pack is still running strong and I can't notice a capacity decrease due to cycle life BUT I am treating it like a baby. Discharges of 40 amps max and never discharge below 30% capacity or leave the pack charges at more than 50% for long periods of time.

can you say something about cell drift, or do you always charge with balancer?

Well the longest they've been sitting at 50% was about 1 month when the temps in S FL were in the 40 and 50's,

After that month I went back to check my pack cell voltages and the most deviance in voltage was about .007 (checked with a FLUKE) which is not bad at all. Again I always Bulk charge and balance charge about 1 every 2 months. These cells stay balanced pretty well. Not as well as nano techs but in my opinion better than standard turnigy LIPO.

Got some more information on the cells, they only have 45 of the 24R cells in stock which is not enough to build a battery pack with. The shipping prices have also gone up almost twice as much due to UPS international shipping being overloaded with shipping lithium cells. The only good news is that they should have stock of the brand new 25R cells late this month or early next month. The supplier supowerbattery111 says that they should be very similar in price to the 24R batteries. It just really stinks having to pay $141 instead of $83 to have 80 cells shipped to your door.

Ebikebert said:
Got some more information on the cells, they only have 45 of the 24R cells in stock which is not enough to build a battery pack with. The shipping prices have also gone up almost twice as much due to UPS international shipping being overloaded with shipping lithium cells. The only good news is that they should have stock of the brand new 25R cells late this month or early next month. The supplier supowerbattery111 says that they should be very similar in price to the 24R batteries. It just really stinks having to pay $141 instead of $83 to have 80 cells shipped to your door.

Thanks for the info.

~$60 increase in shipping costs sucks! I've been eyeing these cells for a while now and it seems like it might have to continue :?

Your welcome, I have some new information regarding buying these cells direct from alibaba.com There is a new cell from LG model LG18650HE2 that has an identical spec rating to the samsung 25R battery They are rated for 20A continuous and 35A peak discharge :twisted: :twisted: . here is the email i got from a supplier from alibaba

Glad to receive your inquiry.
The Samsung INR18650-25R cell unit price:USD4.35,QTY:100pcs.exw-Shenzhen.
Also we have LG 18650HE2 2500mAh high power cells stock, same technical parameters like Samsung INR18650-25R, unit price:USD4.25. We can send datasheet to you if you need.

I requested data sheets for both cells and will post estimated shipping cost to the U.S. for 100 quantity of these cells. The good thing is they have immediate stock on both cells.

Data sheet for new LG cells! :twisted: :twisted:

estimated shipping cost for 100pcs to U.S. $85

Attachments

• 130730_Technical Information of LG 18650HE2 (1).pdf
    312.3 KB · Views: 147
When dealing with Alibaba, we need some brave soul to get samples and test them. Preferably someone with proper equipment.

But those prices seem quite a bit better. It would have cost me ~$900 to get a 16S 5P from SuPowerBattery.

Does this Alibaba seller weld packs together for you? That's one of the main draws of dealing with SuPowerBattery. (And that they seemingly have genuine goods)

yes, i am aware of the danger associated with alibaba. No, they do not offer tab welding, however i was going to see how much a betteries plus would charge me to use their tab welder. Here is the data sheet for the 25R batteries. All of the data sheets came directly from alibaba.

Back