Samsung INR18650-20R .. yes these cells can punch, new 24R

Ebikebert said:
yes, i am aware of the danger associated with alibaba. No, they do not offer tab welding, however i was going to see how much a betteries plus would charge me to use their tab welder. Here is the data sheet for the 25R batteries. All of the data sheets came directly from alibaba.

the cycle life looks not very good for 20A and 30A discharge.
For e-bike use 5A or 10A curves would be more interesting i think.
Nice to see they have the good NCA chemistry :)

madin88 said:
Ebikebert said:
yes, i am aware of the danger associated with alibaba. No, they do not offer tab welding, however i was going to see how much a betteries plus would charge me to use their tab welder. Here is the data sheet for the 25R batteries. All of the data sheets came directly from alibaba.

the cycle life looks not very good for 20A and 30A discharge.
For e-bike use 5A or 10A curves would be more interesting i think.
Nice to see they have the good NCA chemistry :)

yes, i agree i think it would look much better over time if discharged to only 5A output per cell like you said. Made a new thread on the LG18650HE2 cells and Samsung 25R cells here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57291

im hoping to compare notes with others experience of the 20R cells.

what voltage sag to expect from them at 100% and at 70%charge?

Attachments

• PICT0498.JPG
    PICT0498.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,286
  • PICT0491.JPG
    PICT0491.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 1,282
ridethelightning said:
im hoping to compare notes with others experience of the 20R cells.

what voltage sag to expect from them at 70%charge?

are this bricks of 10p?
If yes, i would say the dc resistance is about 2-3mOhm per brick. multiply this with the number of bricks in series and you can calculate the sag at any amperage ;)
U sag = R whole pack * I battery
state of charge does not matter..

nice carbon laminated battery case :)

hey maddin!

your looking at part of your bikes evil twin! he he.

yes, it is 10p,22s
i set the lvc on the max-e for 75v to be conservative, as im not running bms yet.its in the post :D

i notice at around 70% charge i get cutoff if i give wot.

iv set the battery amps to 80 and phase amps to 140. max 6.6kw

how do your cells perform under this sort of load?

btw. thanks again for all the info and tips when i was building this bike. would have taken a lot longer without.

my 22s9p konion vtc4 battery does perform about the same i would say - maybe a bit better :p
i have set lvc to 74V as i remember. down to about 60-50%soc i can squeeze out 100A without cut off event.
at this soc and high loads i think it does not hurt the battery much if voltage drops below the normal "empty voltage". with 22s, lvc should be safe down to 70-68V, but you NEVER should completely drain the battery to idle at this low voltage.

the adaptto will show you battery resistance in statistics screen. what is the present value on yours? mine does show about 70-75mohm (7 to 7,5V sag at 100A).
keep in mind the wire resistance is included there. whats the cross section of your battery wires and how long they are?

The jerky cut off behaviour of the adaptto is annoying (at both lvc and hvc). they will fix that in future firmware as far as i know..

no problem. your welcome. ES is a great eduacational community :)

Is their any new 3c cells like the 29E coming out soon ? their is a lot of talk about the 25R, but if you have a large size pack you don't need that high a C rate, 3C is fine so the 29E is ideal for large range packs. When is the next version of those coming out ?

Back