Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
...v20.1C.2-update-2 good to go? ...
That is the latest.
If a build isn't tested well enough, it is named "experimental" or "alpha"
If a build did give problems after releasing, it is withdrawn.

Elinx said:
Ron Paul's Blimp said:
...v20.1C.2-update-2 good to go? ...
That is the latest.
If a build isn't tested well enough, it is named "experimental" or "alpha"
If a build did give problems after releasing, it is withdrawn.

Thank you! I gave it a trial ride, seems good so far.

hello there, im considering to switch from 8pin vlcd5 to vlcd6+throttle with this 1t2 cable i found on aliexpress
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mslae4A
my question: will this work without problems?

Hi all,
I am French, please excuse the automatic translation.
I recently bought and installed a TSDZ2B kit, I try to flash the firmware, but without success so far. Here is a picture of what I did and with what.
View attachment 328703

I cut an extension cable from the speed sensor and connected it to the STLink V2 following the datasheet plan.
View attachment 328699
and the schema of the wiki
TSDZ2_speed_Sensor_Pinout.jpg

View attachment 328706
I checked several times the continuities, the current passes.
I also checked the voltage across the STLink, I have 3.30V between pin1 and pin3.
With the adapter connected to the motor but not to the STLink I have a resistance of 2-3Mohm between the pins.

It's an STLink V2, not a clone, the firmware is up to date.
View attachment 328705

I configured STVP like this:
View attachment 328700
I tried STM8S105x4 and x6

But when I try to read the tables I get this message: "Cannot communicate with the device!"
View attachment 328704
View attachment 328702
The bike still works normally, but with the original firmware.
I must have missed something, but I really don't see what! I will be very grateful if you point out my mistake.

Damien
Hi. I'm having similar problem, except that I managed to flash my controller with OSF in the past, recently I tried to update the osf version to the newest and all I get is exact same error.

I think I tried all possibilities. Nothing worked for me if you find any solution please let me know

Try this, open only STvisual programmer and try to read data if it is fails, there is pop table, on it is written what to do. You should connect RST with GND on ST- link and turn off the STvisual programmer then turn it on, with connected RST and GND. After that release RST-GND and try read memory on the STvisual programmer. For me it helped.
After you release rst-gnd you have connected only swim and 5v?

Have you tried connecting the SWIM_RST (reset) pin?
On some STLINK-v2 it is necessary.
Yes, that is how I connected it first time when I flashed osf (i thought i need all 4) I have done it multiple time playing with settings in java configurator, but now nothing works.

I will have a chance to test my st link with other motor and laptop soon. If it not gonna work I will blame st link

Attachments

• IMG_20230224_104833452.jpg
    IMG_20230224_104833452.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
So today I tested other TSDZ2 with LCD5, I used my st-link and my laptop(win11). And it works perfectly:/ I connected all 4 wires again

I don't know why my controller stopped connecting with st link.

Any advice will be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_115909816.jpg
    IMG_20230225_115909816.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
today i've connected my tsdz2 with new display and there is no connection with st-link(same error) but when i connect my old display with new tsdz2 connection has been established with st link.
I assume that controller in my tsdz2 is faulty.

Is there any other way to connect st link with controller? Directly on board?

I'm trying to troubleshoot that

Last edited:
today i've connected my tsdz2 with new display and there is no connection with st-link(same error) but when i connect my old display with new tsdz2 connection has been established with st link.
I don't understand what the display has to do with connecting the STlink.
The display is only connected to the battery and the advice is to remove or disconnect the battery with flashing.
What happens if you disconnect the display too?

I don't understand what the display has to do with connecting the STlink.
The display is only connected to the battery and the advice is to remove or disconnect the battery with flashing.
What happens if you disconnect the display too?
Hmm i thought LCD has to be connected to tsdz2 via 8pin in order to flash osf? No?

Hmm i thought LCD has to be connected to tsdz2 via 8pin in order to flash osf? No?
Normally the display is switched off and you flash the controller, that only get the 5V Voltage from PC-usb.
So imho there no link with display when flashing.

Normally the display is switched off and you flash the controller, that only get the 5V Voltage from PC-usb.
So imho there no link with display when flashing.
Disconnecting the display is not helping.
Today I've opened the controller's case and I checked the wires (speed sensor plug - PCB) with multimeter in continuity mode, everything is okay.

I tried every possibility 4 wires (with RST and 5v or 3v) 3 wires (without RST ), with display plugged in and out, with display on. With battery on (I know I shouldn't)

I guess I will just get new controller

Hi all

Has anyone had any issues installing 'ST Visual Development' as detailed for the OSF install - Home

In WIn 10 whenever I attempt to install to C: I get an error that it cant set a particular file to non read only. First was Dumpstack (googled and turned off dumpstack logging using regedit and error went away), then it was hiberfil (googled and turned off hibernate and this went away. Now its saying "Failure changing attributes for C:\pagefile.sys"...

Making a link cable and all the other software bits went fine...

Cheers

Are you running it as Administrator? (right click on it's icon and choose that option) This is necessary on certain installation programs, though I do not know if it is true of this one.

I don't know why the STVD would need to access any of those files, though--they should be stuff only the OS handles.

I've tried running as administrator, even tried running in XP SP3 mode (found a thread that suggested this was a potential fix).

No idea why it's doing this. I haven't another windows system to try it on either to see if it's a bug with that version of the software

I've tried running as administrator, even tried running in XP SP3 mode (found a thread that suggested this was a potential fix).

No idea why it's doing this. I haven't another windows system to try it on either to see if it's a bug with that version of the software
When you choosing location for ST visual on C: try to type "\STMicroelectronics" and click ok. adsress should look like this "C:\STMicroelectronics"

And tried to connect to the controller and get:

Error : Cannot communicate with the tool.
Wrong tool selection or check tool power supply or check that a previous session is closed.
Error : < PROGRAM MEMORY reading failed.
Error : < Operation aborted.

i've tried with the battery and display on with only SWIM and GRD connected to no avail

Same issue here: Cannot communicate with the tool. I've tried everything.
I've ordered different stlink v2 dongle, I'll see if this resolve the issue.

i cant get java configurator to write flash.is there any way to convert my experimental settings to hex file and flash using visual programmer.

Back