TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

There is a hardware update 2021 version of the 850 display. I think only MBrusa has released a firmware that works with these displays.

I've allready tried the MBrusa 2021 Version on some of those displays without luck. I am in contact with APT. They helped me with the original images so that the displays could be used again on Bafang engines - but not with the OSF.

APT also promised to check what has changed between the Version of 2020 and 2021 - but so far no answer on that topic.
I will write them again today.

If I get news, I will share them here.
I would also contribute one of those displays to someone who feels confident to fix this problem for the community.

BR Kollins

Hey guys, two questions....

There are two newer versions of the SW102.
Would one of these work with the osf code? I think especially the Dm03 should be the same hardware with different style!?

€ 15,48 | Bafang Elektrische Fahrrad Display für Bafang BBS01 BBS02 BBSHD Ebike Display
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuE9N0R

€ 50,59 23%OFF | SW102 Mini Neue Version eBike Display DM03 E-Fahrrad Computer Wasserdicht Tacho Für Bafang Motor Electric Bike Conversion Kit
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EG5dzzD

Second question :

What about the bug with street mode? I could change the parameter, power and speed. But if I turn the display off and on, it comes back to the standart settings 244W and 25Km/h.
How to fix this bug? 25Km/h is OK. But the power should not be limited in my case. I run the anszom code.

Thanks in advance...

ChristianKi said:
I run the anszom code.
So why are you posting a question on this thread?

Because I don't know that there is a separate thread. I read many times about anszom in this thread. So I thought it is the right thread.

ChristianKi said:
Because I don't know that there is a separate thread. I read many times about anszom in this thread. So I thought it is the right thread.
Go to the source and contact the author or such.

Battery watt limit below capacity of my battery. My battery is about 2600wh, but i cannot choose above 1990wh.
Does this affect anything, and if yes, what to do?

nikolajbak said:
Battery watt limit below capacity of my battery. My battery is about 2600wh, but i cannot choose above 1990wh.
Does this affect anything, and if yes, what to do?
The display firmware imposes that limitation. You would need to build your own version with that limit increased. If you do it, then please submit a Github pull request with your changes.

I do not remember how the firmware behaves if you use a bigger value.

Hey all having a weird problem with my motor.

The bike's power cuts out after a few seconds if I connect the speed sensor. The LCD screen stays on (SW102) but nothing registers and there's 0 power. If I disconnect the speed sensor it works, but the torque doesn't pick up properly (like the motor won't kick in right away on a steep hill).

So to make a long story shorter I've replaced basically the entire motor except for the controller at this point (even the gears). I even replaced the torque sensor. Oh I resoldered the speed sensor connectors to rule that out as well.

1) Is it possible to simply have a bad speed sensor?
2) Should I just buy a new controller?

I'm running version 1.0.0

Aquakitty said:
Hey all having a weird problem with my motor.

The bike's power cuts out after a few seconds if I connect the speed sensor. The LCD screen stays on (SW102) but nothing registers and there's 0 power. If I disconnect the speed sensor it works, but the torque doesn't pick up properly (like the motor won't kick in right away on a steep hill).

So to make a long story shorter I've replaced basically the entire motor except for the controller at this point (even the gears). I even replaced the torque sensor. Oh I resoldered the speed sensor connectors to rule that out as well.

1) Is it possible to simply have a bad speed sensor?
2) Should I just buy a new controller?

I'm running version 1.0.0
I would say the speed sensor is doing a short circuit and so the motor controller turns off. If not, then you need to change thr last piece you didn't yet that is the motor controller.

Sorry, completely forgot to actually get around to testing the SW102 v2 over Christmas, but I see others have flashed the new model anyway. Yes it works.

Over the Christmas break i finally got around to tidying up the wiring to transfer to a new bike, and decided to use a Bafang 1T4 cable. This bit of the wiki is a bit unclear, so here is the wiring option for making an 8-pin Bafang 1T4 cable work with the TSDZ2 8 pin. I just cut the Male end off the standard Bafang 1T4, and also a Female end off an 8 pin extension.

20220205022918-a27b7980-xl.jpg

TSDZ2 Bafang 1T4
Blue Orange
Green Brown
Red White
Black Black
White Green
Yellow Yellow
Orange Red
Brown Blue

Of critical use here were the 8 pin HIGO image on the Github wiki, and also this Bafang wiring diagram:
20220205023601-a48f8168.jpg

Hopefully that will help with questions like above, and also as a replacement for the now out of stock cable from a couple of suppliers.

I think there is a mistake. in the first picture you have provided: should it read on the left side Bafang 1T4 and on the right side TSDZ2? Can you tell me where you have bought the 1T4 cable?

Hello,

what's the difference between these two firmwares? Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick?

github.com

GitHub - emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C: Color LCD 860C for TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware

Color LCD 860C for TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware. Contribute to emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com

github.com

GitHub - emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C: TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display

TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display - GitHub - emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C: TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display
github.com

Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick?

Hello,

is there a setting to enable/disable streetmode per hotkey? I read somewhere that there is a hotkey which you can configure but it is not mentioned in the wiki or @mbrusa documentation.
Also another question: how can I set the deceleration? I can see only the ramp for acceleration in the documentation.

Last edited:
Hello,

what's the difference between these two firmwares? Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick?

github.com

GitHub - emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C: Color LCD 860C for TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware

Color LCD 860C for TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware. Contribute to emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com

github.com

GitHub - emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C: TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display

TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display - GitHub - emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C: TSDZ2 Open Source Firmware adapted to 860C display
github.com

Is there any difference in functionality? Which should I pick?

one is for LCD one is for motor

I have an 850C display, can it be updated with this firmware ? or what's the best FW to get now ?

Also where is a good place to get the cables for programming the motor and display ?

Thanks.

I have an 850C display, can it be updated with this firmware ? ...
The 850C is replaced by the 860C and Casainho's code is not updated for a long time.
The latest OSF versions are from mbrusa.

If this 850C does work with stock FW, meaning it supports the Tongsheng communication protocol.
You need to flash the controller only with this version of OSF for stock display's (mbrusa code)
You don't need or can't flash that display.
For flashing the controller, you only need an STlink v2 or cheap clone.

Last edited:
Hi! I have a problem with my TSDZ2 coaster brake motor and would need some help. :roll:

I installed a TSDZ2 coaster brake version to my bike in this week and flashed it with the OSF 1.1.1. When I try to stop pedalling, motor pushes pedals forward quite forcefully and I have to push back to stop them. Especially using higher assist levels it is hard to stop pedalling because the motor kicks back so hard. Does anybody has had similar problem? Any ideas how to solve it or which direction should I go?

In the coaster brake version of the motor there is no sprang clutch (crankset freewheel) so it's normal that the pedals move always when the motor moves. Somehow it feels like the motor would lack to regognize when I'm going to stop pedaling. I have to really resist the pedal movement so that motor will stop pushing. It's only small amount a time, maybe a second or so that the motor stops. Anyway it feels very disturbing and even dangerous. I have read that there might be a slight delay in motor cutoff when you stop pedaling but I think this is something different.

I have done heat dissipation improvement, torque sensor calibration and installed motor temperature sensor. During the temperature sensor installation I ended up to change the controller to a new one because the temperature sensor gave weird values and I thought the controller was broken. Recently I found that it probably wasn't the case: it seems like the coaster brake version of the controller have one extra pull up resistor that affects to the temperature sensor values (see posts here and here). Anyway, the point is that I have changed the controller to a 6pin basic one (It's an old type). It shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Technical specs:
  • Motor: TSDZ2 36V Coaster brake version (firmware: TSDZ2-v1.1.1.hex, found here)
  • Display: 860C (firmware: 860C_v1.1.0-bootloader.bin, found here)
  • Battery Voltage: 48V
  • The motor and the controller are at least two years old but they are new, never used before
  • Coast brake setting is enabled
  • Motor voltage setting is 36V
  • Changing the Coast brake ADC setting doesn't affect the problem
  • I have done torque sensor calibration and enabled the setting, it didn't solve the problem

I would appreciate any comments or advice. Thank you!
Hello Guys,

I know that this particular post is quite old but I have exactly the same problem with my coaster bike. I use simillar motor, firmware, etc.
I have no idea why the motor behaves this way and I have to push the pedals really hard to stop the bike.
On emmebrusa FW I have not noticed this. Unfortunately, I would like to have all options available directly from LCD :(

Please help.

After 10'500 km of happily riding my TSDZ2/OSF someone ran over my bike and I need some help for the rebuild:
1) Can anyone help with a source for the APT bootloader other than EcoCycles (website down, no e-mail replies) or Electrify Bike (do not ship outside of USA)?
2) I would like to have a second chainwheel. Has anyone a source for dished/offset chainwheels that fit the TSDZ2B? I would love a 36 T / 52 T combination, but just a 50 or 52 T to add to the original 42 T would be fine, too.
Thanks and have a happy weekend
Kaspar

After 10'500 km of happily riding my TSDZ2/OSF someone ran over my bike and I need some help for the rebuild:
1) Can anyone help with a source for the APT bootloader other than EcoCycles (website down, no e-mail replies) or Electrify Bike (do not ship outside of USA)?
2) I would like to have a second chainwheel. Has anyone a source for dished/offset chainwheels that fit the TSDZ2B? I would love a 36 T / 52 T combination, but just a 50 or 52 T to add to the original 42 T would be fine, too.
Thanks and have a happy weekend
Kaspar

Hi,

I am writing to you because i would like to get informations about tools and softwares needed to make the update of the 860C v1.2 screen with an « OSF ».

The goal is to make the update of « TSDZ2B » with a 860C screen.

I know how to update the engine but i do not succeed in updating the screen. Most of the websites’ pages that used to explain how to do it are no longer available.

I heard that it is possible to make the update with USB TTL (CP2102) but i have not been able to find tutorials neither softwares’ names that can provide the .bin. file.

Would you be able to send to me a tutorial that would help me to make the update of the 860C v1.2 screen ?

Thank you

Back