• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Manufacturers and dealers to avoid

All this because you can't except the fact that something could have gotten dirty in a shop enviroment everything needs to be proven to you, nothing can be accepted as word. I have 5 ebikes and many friends with ebikes as well. I regularly work on them and do conversions, upgrades, etc, in a very confined space. I have many bikes in this space running full throttle that just came from outside. Usually this happins when I am hooking up a CA and testing the advanced hookup to see if it is contolling the speed properly.

So I’m going to try this one more time, and then I have to move on in life. Try to look at this post from someone else’s perspective other than your own. Pretend you are hearing of this situation for the first time

I run a business. Anyone who knows me in my personal life, at work and in my association with GM finds me to be a very forward and honest person. My entire thought process in life is treat people with respect and respect will come back. Just do the right thing. It is something most of us try to teach our kids and we try lead by example.

When I got involved with GM I was not even really aware of the ebike history that GM had. I only new I came across it on the internet and had to try it. I even became a dealer before I received my first kit . Then my first blast down the street on a 48v1000 front GM HBS motor and I was sold.

Since I have been involved with GM I have done everything possible to get them back into a more positive light. If there is any doubt of that then just try looking up my history with GM. Most of it is in the forum. Actually I find my name in forums around the world. I could reference those as well.

To me this is who I am and what I represent. Now I have to ask a couple of logical questions and remember you are not Karma now, you are someone else reading this for the first time…

After stating everything I just said, all of it based on my honesty and reputation, think about this...

1-Why would I sell you a used controller as new
-What’s in it for me, I regularly sell used items on my site for my cost. I don’t lose anything my cost is recovered and the customer is happy too.
-The last thing I sold this way was a brand new 48v12ah battery that I scratched sliding it on a table on a loose screw. Only 40 off but I would almost have to show you the scratch for you to see it. I didn’t just send it to someone to see if they complain. I sold it as scratched. I’m sure I can find the picture.
-If I was trying to deceive someone wouldn’t I at least inspect it and wipe it up?

2- Why has no other person ever complained about anything from Golden Motor Canada.
-18 months A GM Dealer
-Zero complaints of my service
-100 percent warranty replacement.
-All Golden Motor Canada customers 100 percent satisfied
-The worst complaint I ever had that I can recall is after it taking me a week to replace a magic pie a person complained in the forum that it took too long as I had to GM to attempt to trouble shoot it and ok replacement.

3-When I found out you were not satisfied with the product what steps I took to help you.
- Look back in the posts here and in your email.
- Even you were satisfied at one point. From Jan1 to Mar21 then a sudden change of heart!

4-Did I do everything a that could expected to rectify the situation?

5-If not what other steps could I have taken to resolve this issue.
- I’m always open for suggestions

Now Karma once again you are not you, read this over and think about it for a bit. Do yourself a favor and don’t respond right away. Think about it. Answer later. Even in this post I could not imagine someone trying to be more reasonable. I don’t know what else a person could possibly do.

Read it again, remember your not you, think about it, answer later.

Gary

karma said:
sorry i made like lock and unsubscribed

cheers :wink:

Well I guess we are done then.

My apologies to the readers at ES over my long winded efforts at trying to reason with someone that has an agenda.

Oh well Karma, I really tried reaching out to you on that last post. I am done. The evidence is all here to read, most of it can't be edited again as it is all quoted. Anyone who takes the time to read this from back on page 15 where it started will see that I will do whatever it takes to resolve an issue someone may have with me. You on the otherhand in an attempt to rewrite history admit you will screw someone over just for more subscribers and what was it? I am tired of quoting but I think $10.65 and a new controller in 6 months?

Sad, very sad. You have over 600 posts on ES and to go down in flames like this...

BTW Loch unsubscribed from you, not me. Then I unsubscribed and that put you down to 28. I looked this morning and it was 26 and one of them was you. Now that is funny! Are you making money subscribing to yourself? Actually in looking at your tube page it seems you subscribe to hundreds of people hoping they will subscribe to you. And most of the posts on your page are "wow man thanks for subscribing to me, I'll do the same for you!" all of it very laughable.

Anyway I'm sure you will post somethIng like "what about the mud" or "it was used" all of it is irrelevant now. these issues were already resolved in January before you went back and attempted to rewrite history on mar 22. The real issue is your agenda and how you have embarrassed your self.

I would caution anyone that ever thinks of doing business with Karma. If he would screw me over to make 10 dollars and 65 cents. imagine what he would do to you to make 40.

I look forward to seeing my video on your page becowing number one on your page as it is the most interesting video there. The more people that see it the greater chance they read this.

Gary

Gary

kalpatarutree said:
I just wanted to chime in with a positive experience to let people out there know that it actually is a pretty good product, and I received excellent customer service as well. If I had any advice to give - I would say make sure you get a good battery. Its all about the battery. Get a kit from wherever - and then do your research and find the best battery you can get.

Glad to hear that. As much as some people don't like to admit it, there are alot of people just like you riding around enjoying GM products. Most don't ever make it to a forum though. I am glad you did.

Gary

i feel for you gary. flaming never helped anybody out of a jam imo.

this thread is really just a trash talking agenda from the first post, it has no use for those looking at the different manufacturers and really borders on slander in most cases i have seen.

they have done the same thing to mr li ping even though he does everything he can to make people happy. seems like the need to trash someone is very deep in the spirit of denizens of the bulletin boards. something about anonymity and no need to prove their slanderous statements. i would like to see the damn thread itself locked and thrown away.

Hi dnmun

I thank you for that. At least someone can see the reality of this situation. It is sad how anyone these days with an agenda can make a video and upload it to UTube titled with your company name and say anything they want about you. True or not. Then when someone searches for you they find this garbage. And to do it for a lift out obscurity with no care how they are perceived by anyone who looks on. It is a said statement on the digital world as well when someone can claim to make money doing this. I have receive so many emails telling me I'm wasting my time and leave it alone. But its like a car accident, you dont want to look but cant help it.

Anyway 3838 posts, You have been around the block at ES! I feel like a newbie here, I love posting in our forum as it is smaller and more intimate. At ES I feel like a living comercial anytime I mention GM so I just sit back any try to clear up some misconceptions when I can. I am actually a member of about 6 forums, But I really only post in ours. Always a good atmosphere of ebike creations, problems suggestions and resolve. We have some really smart cookies over there that make my head spin on a regular basis, but it is usually always enlightening and fun at least until the trolls drop by.

Enjoy the Ride!
Gary

A few more videos in an attempt to clear this up this issue of dirty product. My apologies as my storage area is not a good as it could be. But it is multi use. Allthough these videos don't flatter me, I am making an hoest attempt to show how these things happen. As usual if you have any issue with any product from Golden Motor Canada let me know. I'll take care of it imediatly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD9Cscj3oxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQv0WFnCQvs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y84UoEKlLZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLIpgByWKw

Gary

had some very bad experiences with crystalyte-europe.com. first of all they sell stuff very overpriced and they are very long when it comes to support. the person who does
the communication has no clue of technical details and waffles a load of shit. when you send things back for warranty you have to wait a several months to get it back.
the boss it's self is a very angry man and I had him shouting at me over the phone when I was asking where my parts are, after two months. so i would absolutely NOT recommend
this company to any one!

I have to echo this as well, first I ordered the 40amp sensorless controller...was told it would be a few weeks for stock to arrived so I emailed them several times to change order to the HS3540 rear sensorless wheel. The email was eventually confirmed by a guy called Thijs for the different order.

When the package finally arrives it's the controller and not the motor? About 5 emails back to the company and over a week of waiting for a reply I just go and order the motor anyway and decide to keep the controller....then I get an email back saying 'sorry for the mix up and send the controller back for exchange of wheel'.....I explain that I have just bought and paid for wheel and will most probably keep the controller.

Was told the wheel would be sent Monday...is now Friday and still no package. I know they are in Eurpoe but so am I, when I order from the USA I get things within a couple of days so ?

Anyhow this is all good experience for me as I swear when my diy ebike shop is open soon customer service will be THE most important part of my business plan.

Spacey said:
I have to echo this as well, first I ordered the 40amp sensorless controller...was told it would be a few weeks for stock to arrived so I emailed them several times to change order to the HS3540 rear sensorless wheel. The email was eventually confirmed by a guy called Thijs for the different order.

When the package finally arrives it's the controller and not the motor? About 5 emails back to the company and over a week of waiting for a reply I just go and order the motor anyway and decide to keep the controller....then I get an email back saying 'sorry for the mix up and send the controller back for exchange of wheel'.....I explain that I have just bought and paid for wheel and will most probably keep the controller.

Was told the wheel would be sent Monday...is now Friday and still no package. I know they are in Eurpoe but so am I, when I order from the USA I get things within a couple of days so ?

Anyhow this is all good experience for me as I swear when my diy ebike shop is open soon customer service will be THE most important part of my business plan.

Is ther an alternative Europe supplier for the new HS & HT motors as yet? i was hoping to purchase sone stuff including this motor from crystalyte-europe.com but i sent them an email last week and still not had a reply and it was a question with a clear intent to purchase so you would have thought they would have replied by now if they wanted business.

theRealFury said:
Spacey said:

Is ther an alternative Europe supplier for the new HS & HT motors as yet? i was hoping to purchase sone stuff including this motor from crystalyte-europe.com but i sent them an email last week and still not had a reply and it was a question with a clear intent to purchase so you would have thought they would have replied by now if they wanted business.
Try BobTec in Germany
http://www.bobtec.de/

I am not associate with him at all, or any kick back. But he was the Crystlayte dealer/distributor in Germany and Austria.

Also, no everyone (dealers) are up to speed like E.S. member about 2011 Crystlayte products, so it may take sometime for dealers to know what is HS/HT motor.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Cystalyte Europe know what the new motor is and controller as they were one of the first to advertise the new model on their website.

The ebike business is odd, some companies like certain posters on here really go out of there way to get the right product to the person with the least amount of fuss.

Other companies that deal with Ebike stuff don't seem to give a damn about the customer by not replying to emails, taking weeks to send products, not listening to the customers request.

Guess which one gets the repeat business. I mean they don't even answer there phone let alone emails, bit annoyed as I now have to catch a very expensive train to work every day as I have no motor for the ebike. UK train system is stupidly expensive.

Spacey said:
Hi Ken,

Cystalyte Europe know what the new motor is and controller as they were one of the first to advertise the new model on their website.

The ebike business is odd, some companies like certain posters on here really go out of there way to get the right product to the person with the least amount of fuss.

Other companies that deal with Ebike stuff don't seem to give a damn about the customer by not replying to emails, taking weeks to send products, not listening to the customers request.

Guess which one gets the repeat business. I mean they don't even answer there phone let alone emails, bit annoyed as I now have to catch a very expensive train to work every day as I have no motor for the ebike. UK train system is stupidly expensive.
Oh...yes, they were the first Europe company that had the HS listed on their web site, sorry for my lack of memory these day. My bad for defending them.

Has anyone tried crystalyte Netherlands?, again no associate with them, just knew they has been selling Crystalyte products for sometime.
http://www.crystalyte.nl/
http://www.v-fiets.com/

Ken

itselectric said:
theRealFury said:
Spacey said:

Try BobTec in Germany
http://www.bobtec.de/

I am not associate with him at all, or any kick back. But he was the Crystlayte dealer/distributor in Germany and Austria.

Also, no everyone (dealers) are up to speed like E.S. member about 2011 Crystlayte products, so it may take sometime for dealers to know what is HS/HT motor.

Ken

Cheers Ken, Ill take a look at bobtec :)

YPedal, why is this not sticky anymore?

It's outdated and too long to clean up, along with the false accusations on some people ( while quite valid for others ... ) either way it's a big dramafest that really does not need to be a sticky anymore ..

we could start a fresh V2.0, but do we really need this ?

There is the review section of the forum that can be used to outline an experience with XYZ vendor along with product details... this thread is just a mess....

Allthough I have to agree it is a mess. I also believe it should stay just so people can right what has been said about them. I am sure you have at least noticed the agenda against me and how I have shown complete logic and reason how any problems with me could be quickly resolved. But some choose not to try to resolve and would prefer to have people believe you are ripping them off for a little fame even though it is untrue.

Making this topic unsticky so it drifts off into oblivion is fine but to remove it completely would be wrong in my opinion as I feel I have clearly been wronged and the evidence exists in this thread.

Gary

nope, i think it is highly opinionated and extremely subjective and the entries are all made by people who may or may not have any capability in evaluating the problems that they have with their equipment. but the racial insults at the chinese are offensive, especially when the chinese are the guys designing and building these motors, controllers and batteries.

this thread is like headline/leader in a family magazine on the news rack at the supermarket. just look at that headline, 'manufacturers to avoid', just the sort of empty headed superficiality that feeds empty heads, jmho.

I believe that it could be done properly, as a rating compilation.
Manufacturers and distributers of EV components could be rated by ES members according to each their own experience. Before dealing with one, a member could see how he is rated.

Ratings could be even better, if for one could rate: Quality, shipping, communication, aftersale service...
Just my 2 cents, cause I find such information usefull for one who doesn't know who to turn to for his needs.

Yes a ratings/review type situation would be better. Dnmun I do agree with much of what you say but there are some sellers who are notoriously bad at customer service, delivery times, support and product time and time again. The good guys should be getting the money from sales..... the trust worthy people whom will support people new to this and will deliver a product not in a couple of months but within a decent doable time frame.

Out of all the sellers I have 4 that I trust and deal with regularly, I also have about 5 that I will never do business with again. It would be good if we could somehow warn people new to this against the bad ones but without the slanging match.

Spacey said:
Out of all the sellers I have 4 that I trust and deal with regularly, I also have about 5 that I will never do business with again. It would be good if we could somehow warn people new to this against the bad ones but without the slanging match.

If this happens in a forum format, unmoderated, there is going to be a slanging match because many vendors are members here.

That's just the nature of it.
IMHO a thread like this should be stickied. If we need to make a 2.0, OK.

This thread was very helpful to me when i first got started. We need something like this.

the pupose of this forum is to provide usefull and accurate information to all who need it... RELIABLE source of supply is a VERY important piece of info needed by all ...especialy newbies... those of you who have had bad experiences know just how expensive and discouraging this can be [how many newbies have dropped the idea of an e-bike because of a bad supplier HOW MANY POST HAVE THANKED ES FOR THAT INFO,,, i do not think the word 'CHINESE" is used as a racial slur by most ES members,but rather a country of product origin... if a supplier is not reliable, his limitations should be posted and accuately detailed..whatever thye country :mrgreen:

Back