Nucular electronics - complete kit for ev!

Xtr6 said:
Got one off the last F24 and it was running fine on the new bike. Changed the motor and wanted to import a file but since then he doesn't do anything. In the display i run to the auto setup for throthle and brake and that went just fine but in the auto mode in the controller I got no throtle and no brake only error.
What is happening is it in secure mode????

Probably in your controller the new firmware. If the throttle and brake levers are connected to the On-board computer, then they must be configured in the section menu On-board computer > Control setup. In this case, when starting the function Full setup, you must skip the menu items Brake and Throttle (they will be detected as an error) or you can not start Full setup and activate each setup menu item manually starting with Motor LR, then Motor and Angle correction.

Got the throtlle and brake working but stil have a Hall sensor error. Put in a set of new ss41F hall sensors but stil have no signal in the nucular.

Xtr6 said:
Got the throtlle and brake working but stil have a Hall sensor error. Put in a set of new ss41F hall sensors but stil have no signal in the nucular.

Nee to check the performance of the hall sensors in the Controller > Debug information > Hall input section, this parameter has three digits, each shows the signal level, if you rotate the motor slowly by hand, then all three digits should change. If none of them changes, check if the hall connector is connected or the ground may be broken. If one of the numbers does not change, there is no contact or the sensor wire is broken. To check the contacts in the controller, you need to disconnect the hall connector and measure the voltage at the controller connector. There should be about 4V on the signal lines of the halls, 5V on the power supply and about 3V on the temperature sensor line.

Got the nucular working. Problem where the Hall sensors. I put new once but without the pull up resistor. Thought they made a update with the new 24F with a software possibility to ad it in the software. Did the 1 K Ohm restistors and the problem was fixed. Glad to have the bike running.

What are the correct hall sensors for the Nucular? Honeywell SS441A, SS41 or SS41F?

Which would be the best temperature sensor KTY-81, KTY83 or KTY84? I can't find KTY83-122, is there another part I can use?

Darren2018 said:
What are the correct hall sensors for the Nucular? Honeywell SS441A, SS41 or SS41F?

Which would be the best temperature sensor KTY-81, KTY83 or KTY84? I can't find KTY83-122, is there another part I can use?
Temperature sensors that the controller support — KTY81(82), KTY83, KTY84, NTC10K (B:3950), NTC10K (B:3380), PT1000.
We recommend NTC10k B:3950.

Turbomatic said:
Darren2018 said:

Temperature sensors that the controller support — KTY81(82), KTY83, KTY84, NTC10K (B:3950), NTC10K (B:3380), PT1000.

Thanks Turbomatic. Which hall sensor is best for a QS205?

Darren2018 said:
Turbomatic said:
Darren2018 said:

Thanks Turbomatic. Which hall sensor is best for a QS205?
Most popular NTC10k B:3950.

Are these interchangeable then? SS41, SS41F or SS441A? I am assuming it is ok but I have seen posts saying that one or the other didn't work.

ss41 and ss41F work with a aditional pull-up resistor from 1 K ohm. At least with my 24F they work fine.

Xtr6 said:
ss41 and ss41F work with a aditional pull-up resistor from 1 K ohm. At least with my 24F they work fine.

Why is this needed? I have a very basic understanding on what a pull up/pull down resistor does but why is it needed if you change the hall sensors to SS41 or SS41F? Can you not just use any hall sensor with the correct specifications or better? To add the resistors do I just place them between the signal and 5V?

Hi guys ! I think only Vasily can answer me, but maybe someone here already has the solution. Is it possible to set the 24F controller with the same operation of the regenerative brake as on Electric Vehicles ?
When you release the accelerator, you use it to control the braking force until you come to a complete stop. Currently the best I can get is braking when the throttle grip is at 0%. I cannot manage to dose the braking because as soon as the accelerator signal is greater than 0% the braking is deactivated.
Basically I'm looking for a 2 in 1 function, like the throttle grip and the hall sensor brake grip are hooked together and sleep as one.

:bigthumb:

Thank you Vasily you are a genius ! :bigthumb:
I forgot to put the accelerator in speed+torque mode. :roll:

what's up with the nucular 12f production?
my order is getting dusted :|
If anyone has one for sale i'm all in

HEAD said:
what's up with the nucular 12f production?
my order is getting dusted :|
If anyone has one for sale i'm all in
We don't have news about 12F, sorry. For now, we try to start mass production 24F. Then we plan plan to make new batches 12F and 6F.

Cowardlyduck said:
I haven't really investigated much yet, but my display seems to be randomly loosing connection to the controller. Is there a connector that is known to have issues between display/controller?

Cheers
Need to check CAN cable from controller to display, PHD connector and pins in connector.

ventilateur Nucular 24F.1.pngHello, I made myself a PWM connection to install a cooling fan on my controller. The operation is great and the cooling very efficient. I only have one thing left to do. Is it possible to completely stop the fan when the setpoint is at 0%? Currently, even when the mosfet temperature is below the minimum set point, the fan continues to run slowly. I connected the red wire of the fan to the +12V of the USB PWM plug, the GND to the controller power supply, the PWM P1 to the blue wire of the fan, I still have a yellow wire which is not connected.maybe one of the terminals of the PWM card can receive the yellow wire to stop the fan when it is at 0%.
I don't know what the P and M slots are for on this sheet.

Thank you Vasily I think I understood that the only way to stop this fan is to cut the 12v supply, but that does not matter, it's also good that it turns very slowly, it does not make noise and consumes almost nothing.

Has anyone setup a Segway X160 before? (= a SurRon w/ slightly narrower motor rotor/stator and 48V battery.) I already have a Nuc24F on my SurRon and LOVE it! So ordered another over a year ago to put on the kid's X160. I got it around the start of the year and finally got around to installing it this week. Going through the auto-setup and the Motor LR step 'sings' more than I remember it did on mine. Anyway, that passes. Once it gets to the Motor step it lists 'Acceleration' and the wheel jumps a few times then it fails and stops w/ 'Protection'. :( It was running fine w/ the original control just before I removed it.

Any thoughts on what to check? I lowered the min battery voltage some, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

EDIT: Nevermind! I double checked the wiring and reset the control a few times. Also changed it to turn off based on the key switch (had to dig though my old notes to remember how to do that.) Anyway, it went through the motor step correctly this time and everything now seems to work! :D Not sure if there is a flaky connection in a connector somewhere or resetting it again did it. Kiddo will be happy to ride today!

Try to do manual learning step by step.

Back