Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

hey
i have a question regarding torque mode and settings
if i want to have full power (800w) always available BUT level is changing HARDNESS of pedal - is this possible to set up somehow ??
how to understand this setting in relation to power feed to motor ??
level 1 - 40 units of pressure gives how many watts ?
if my top measured pressure is 260 units how do i set this up ?

EWolAeV.jpg

pxl666 said:
if i want to have full power (800w) always available BUT level is changing HARDNESS of pedal - ....
Maybe I don't understand your question, but one of the benefits of torquesensing is that you can have always the full power depended of the force on the pedals. With Eco support you must push more ofcourse than with Turbo support.
pxl666 said:
... emtb mode
where to select these ? ...
emtb.jpg

Elinx said:
Maybe I don't understand your question, but one of the benefits of torquesensing is that you can have always the full power depended of the force on the pedals. With Eco support you must push more ofcourse than with Turbo support.

hey - so what these values say ? if ECO set to 40 , how much i have to press to get 750 watt of power ?
i switched from power to torque and with stock values i see that on ECO motor is getting lots of power on gentle touch on the pedal
and overall there's only slight difference between power levels - what im doing wrong ?
is ECO set to 5 super soft and set to 250 super hard ?

Matze_Senpai said:
now how do i get into hidden menu? ....
For hidden menu with Vlcd 5
See here or there

For enabling parameter settings with OSF
Assist Level 0, than 2 pushes on light button

Disabeling parameter setting again
Assist level 0, again 2 pushes or switch Vlcd5 off/on

Hello, I am having trouble flashing the firmware onto the device. For reference I am using VLCD5

I attempted to flash the tsdz2 using the java configurer, seemed to work perfectly, cmd closed out of itself, no hanging around error message. But when I plug in the battery and turn on the screen I seem to only have the factory firmware. I set mph in the configurer yet it is still km/h. Walk mode is not able to be entered, data values are not showing what I selected, etc.

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I checked voltage of pins and it is indeed 5v so v1 controller and should be flashable. Does the display need to be connected during flashing? I have tried both ways to no results. Am I correct that the battery should be disconnected during flashing?

badtrader said:
Does the display need to be connected during flashing? I have tried both ways to no results. Am I correct that the battery should be disconnected during flashing?
Morning. Yesterday I programmed TSDZ2/VLCD5 for the first time, successfully. I left the battery disconnected, and the LCD connected but checked it was turned off. Issues I had that left them CMD window open were the batch files pointing to wrong folders for the compiler and ST tools.
It also took me a while to realise that if I clicked on a default ini file in the Java configurator, those parameters would be used. Could that be what happened maybe?

paul67 said:
... CMD window open were the batch files pointing to wrong folders for the compiler and ST tools.
It also took me a while to realise that if I clicked on a default ini file in the Java configurator, those parameters would be used. Could that be what happened maybe?
Every time if you hit "compile&flash" there will be made a new ini file from the values inside the white boxes.
That ini file will be used with compiling.

If you see an error about pointing to wrong folders, imho you haven't installed SDCC and STVP into the root, but in the folder "program files"
Solutions you can use are:
-Reinstall SDCC and STVP inside root,
-Copy the both folders inside "program files" to root,
-Change script
-Use the build of dzid_ with an unified script.

Thanks Elinx.
I first installed to root folder but found the scripts were pointing ST tools to /program files/ or similar, instead of C:\. FYI I was flashing "TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-1-20.1C.2". The scripts I modified were compile_and_flash.bat and compile.bat, both in /src.controller.

All good now. First big ride today:
My motor with OSF is fantastic compared to original. A big THANKS to all who contributed to the project. :)

Good day. It often happens to me that after switching on, one part of the battery is displayed and the engine does not run. Earlier it was written that it is a problem of pressed brake. I don't have brake sensors. I always have to flash the firmware, which is very annoying especially when I'm commuting to work. TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.19.C_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_0.3.7_con_codice_0.19_Stable

ji.ti@seznam.cz said:
.... often happens to me that after switching on, one part of the battery is displayed and the engine does not run......TSDZ2_Controller_vM0.19.C_and_TSDZ2_Configurator_0.3.7_con_codice_0.19_Stable
I see you had this problem already april 2020. What is done in between till now?

The 0.19 version you use is the latest of the former developer marcoq from 2019.
After he has stopped developing mbrusa started with v0.201b and has done several improvements, so maybe your "brake" problem will be solved.
If not.... With later versions the error handling is improved and there are some possibilities for diagnosing problems.

So please flash the latest version v 20.1C.2 for VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18 with Java configurator and see what happens.

pxl666 said:

What means this numbers? If I set 40 in ECO mode, what 40 means?

I have also another problem. If CITY MODE is enabled changing support level from 1 to 4 seems like that support is always the same.

mbrusa said:
Per la prima domanda trovi la risposta qui.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=110682&p=1734072#p1734072

Per la seconda, forse hai lasciato il limite di potenza in Street mode a 250W.
:)

For the first question, find the answer here.

For the second, you may have left the Street mode powerlimit at 250W.

Tnx, no problem, I also speak Italian.

Yes, I have limit on 250W in CITY MODE. I was expecting, that if I was in ECO (1) mode and changed to TOUR (2), that help will increasse, but it's stayed the same. As 250W is plenty of power. :)

For numbers in Torque sections, I'll play with them, as default values are to high.

Mbrusa

Can I thank you for this software , it's amazing that we can configure the motor so well with vlcd5

May I suggest another checkbox option on the configurator that hides/blocks the PARAMETERS SETTING – FUNCTIONS from working
completely therefore locking the bike in street mode ,
so we can 100% conform to the UK Law ( no dongles or increased power modes allowed )
Not a necessary addition but it would be very useful
I have six converted mountain bikes now for my family and as we're all getting fitter we never use the off road mode
simply setting the max battery power to 250/300w reduces the burst power too much

Thank's

jgs1 said:
.... checkbox option on the configurator that hides/blocks the PARAMETERS SETTING – FUNCTIONS from working
completely ....
enable/disable parameter setting:
Assistlevel 0 - E02

If you enable streetmode and disable parameter setting already with javaconfigurator, it isn't possible to disable streetmode directly.

Elinx said:
jgs1 said:
.... checkbox option on the configurator that hides/blocks the PARAMETERS SETTING – FUNCTIONS from working
completely ....
enable/disable parameter setting:
Assistlevel 0 - E02

If you enable streetmode and disable parameter setting already with javaconfigurator, it isn't possible to disable streetmode directly.

Set parameters can still be enabled and disabled from the display which could count as "enabling an off road mode " on the hoof which is not legally allowed ( Grey area maybe )
probably got my tin hat on here but a check box to completely disable parameter setting from the display in the configurator would be useful

jgs1 said:
Set parameters can still be enabled and disabled from the display which could count as "enabling an off road mode " ....
...completely disable parameter setting ...
You are right, to be streetlegal it must be impossible to change speedsettings by the bikerider.
But completely disable parameter settings isn't that wise, because other settings are disabled too.

With stock FW it was easy to change this on display.
With OSF it is only easy for the one that know how to handle the display with all these pushes to change something.

If you lend your bike to someone with disabled parameter setting, it must be by coincidence he/she can change speedsettings.
Why? Because with starting the display, assistlevel will be 1 (eco).
So first he/she must set assist to 0, then light on/off, then back to 1 (eco) and again light on/off.

You can made changing speedlimit fully impossible by limiting speed and power with offroad mode too.
With the same power and speedlimit with offroad and street mode you are completely streetlegal.

jgs1 said:
Set parameters can still be enabled and disabled from the display which could count as "enabling an off road mode " on the hoof which is not legally allowed ( Grey area maybe )
probably got my tin hat on here but a check box to completely disable parameter setting from the display in the configurator would be useful
If you don't want the speed and power parameters to be changed from the display, you can set the same limits in offroad mode and in street mode, as Elinx suggested, and that's what I do too.

mbrusa said:
jgs1 said:
If you don't want the speed and power parameters to be changed from the display, you can set the same limits in offroad mode and in street mode, as Elinx suggested, and that's what I do too.

Hi
Yes that's what I sometimes do too when lending bikes to others but that limits the MAX current draw to 250w from the battery
effectively disabling any short term boost , I measured the watts when the battery was limited to 250w and it only went upto about 290w max when pushing hard on the pedals
In street mode 250w with battery set at 500w the max burst mode will go up to about 450w + at times (measured with a meter ) , very handy in the mountains
many 250w EMTB often will hit 650w in short bursts.

This is only a thing when you lend bikes to friends and family , not fair to put then in a legally grey situation if they had a crash
Some of my lot frighten me to death lol

We could set the max battery to 6-700w and still be 100% kosha in 250w street mode ( with good burst power )
could be nice additional touch for your great software

jgs1 said:
Yes that's what I sometimes do too when lending bikes to others but that limits the MAX current draw to 250w from the battery
effectively disabling any short term boost , I measured the watts when the battery was limited to 250w and it only went upto about 290w max when pushing hard on the pedals ....
Is it just me? I ask because I don't see the problem.
If you have 36V batterie with 250W motor, you will never exeed the legal power. You only can measure used power.
Higher burstpower or maximum power isn't mentioned by law, only maximum continues power (250W).
Continues power can't be measured that easy, because for that you need conditioned environment for measuring outside and inside temperature and measure the highest power that gives minimum temperature increase of the motor within a certain time.

The speedlimit 25km/h is a lot more important, easier to observe and easier to measure.
So if you want to be street legal under all conditions, you can setup power and speedlimit exactly the same for streetmode and offroadmode.

Elinx said:
jgs1 said:
effectively disabling any short term boost , I measured the watts when the battery was limited to 250w and it only went upto about 290w max when pushing hard on the pedals ....
Is it just me? I ask because I don't see the problem.
If you have 36V batterie with 250W motor, you will never exeed the legal power. You only can measure used power.
Higher burstpower or maximum power isn't mentioned by law, only maximum continues power (250W).
Continues power can't be measured that easy, because for that you need conditioned environment for measuring outside and inside temperature and measure the highest power that gives minimum temperature increase of the motor within a certain time.

The speedlimit 25km/h is a lot more important, easier to observe and easier to measure.
So if you want to be street legal under all conditions, you can setup power and speedlimit exactly the same for streetmode and offroadmode.

Hi
Not really a problem , more of a bonus check box
Speed limit is no problem , but on my 48v bikes when setting maximum off road max watts to 250w "Max battery power setting "
the software in " Street mode" and " Off road mode " will also limit the bike to 250w burst mode too ( not what anti Vera wants or needs )
Sorry if I haven't explained clearly

Back