A123 from China. C and avoid [SOLVED]

I would personally charge them to see what happens can do a capacity test followed by a test to determine if they can discharge as you would like to normally.

Iv had A123
headway
thundersky
calb
and others..

iv just about had a cell from each go to 1.50 volts and i slowly charge them back up to them max voltage around 4...
and do a capacity test a few times to see if the results change...

but to me. after seeing that video of that cell dropping like that.. i would def get a refund.
threaten a charge back from your credit card company. if they are on alibaba... email them to..

dont want some son of a Bit*ch charging up rejected cells and sending them out as new....
they are the type of idiots i hate...
i remember once sending like 1k in western union and losing every cent
really depressing

Postby Pure » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 am
In all honesty, if they perform, I would rather have these "damaged" cells over headways any day. You are not only going to sacrifice weight but also a butt load of C rate. Headways really should not be pushed to more than 5Cs max and 3Cs continuous.
Why do you say that Headways can not be pushed beyond 5C? Is this for current cells?

nechaus said:
I would personally charge them to see what happens can do a capacity test followed by a test to determine if they can discharge as you would like to normally.

Iv had A123
headway
thundersky
calb
and others..

iv just about had a cell from each go to 1.50 volts and i slowly charge them back up to them max voltage around 4...
and do a capacity test a few times to see if the results change...

but to me. after seeing that video of that cell dropping like that.. i would def get a refund.
threaten a charge back from your credit card company. if they are on alibaba... email them to..

dont want some son of a Bit*ch charging up rejected cells and sending them out as new....
they are the type of idiots i hate...
i remember once sending like 1k in western union and losing every cent
really depressing

They would not take any charge at all. And lifepo4 should not be discharged lower than 2V and now it is almost 0. They are done, i have escalated paypal to a claim and we will see how it goes. i wet to mavizen site and they state that there is none of a123 dealers except them and all the cells coming from china ebay ets are rejects or copies or the ones failed the test possibly at A123 factory

your video showed cells holding 3.3V but you said they were all around 1V and down to the .3V you discharged into the voltmeter in that video. if you could make a similar video showing that the cell will not take charge from a single cell charger then maybe i would believe you. you have had a number of people with experience telling you to charge them up first and instead you just decided to return them.

if you could prove they won't take charge with a similar video, it would be useful, otherwise i just don't think there is anything wrong with these cells.

like i said, you will need a single cell charger to build a pack anyway but you refused to order one to do 'experiments'. if you had bot one then, you would already have it and could be charging the cells up now. instead they are gonna be lost because you will not be able to get refunded through paypal and you have been convinced they are dead. too bad, they are really nice cells.

JohnyV said:
Postby Pure » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:19 am
In all honesty, if they perform, I would rather have these "damaged" cells over headways any day. You are not only going to sacrifice weight but also a butt load of C rate. Headways really should not be pushed to more than 5Cs max and 3Cs continuous.
Why do you say that Headways can not be pushed beyond 5C? Is this for current cells?

Welcome to ES! Do some reading around here and you will quickly find that it's a known fact that headways do not do so well at a C rate above 5. Sure they can provide a higher C rate but get really hot, and as we all know heat shortens battery life. And yes it's for current cells.

dnmun said:
your video showed cells holding 3.3V but you said they were all around 1V and down to the .3V you discharged into the voltmeter in that video. if you could make a similar video showing that the cell will not take charge from a single cell charger then maybe i would believe you. you have had a number of people with experience telling you to charge them up first and instead you just decided to return them.

if you could prove they won't take charge with a similar video, it would be useful, otherwise i just don't think there is anything wrong with these cells.

like i said, you will need a single cell charger to build a pack anyway but you refused to order one to do 'experiments'. if you had bot one then, you would already have it and could be charging the cells up now. instead they are gonna be lost because you will not be able to get refunded through paypal and you have been convinced they are dead. too bad, they are really nice cells.

Hi. It looks like all of your response are negative. I dont know whats wrong with you? Are you so ignorant to at least read before going about and posting crap? 1st page, link to google docs with a spreadsheet with all cells listed with voltages. I dont have to prove any one anything and i do not appreciate shmucks like you crapping on a genuine post.
As posted before 4 Korean cells where tested yesterday in the lab by people who know a lot more about these and other cells (Calb, thundersky) than you i suppose. I dont give a dogs balls how they look, whats inside is what i'm after. Again, spelling out for you: T H E Y W O U L D N O T T A K E A C H A R G E A T A L L. I can post a vid for you hooking up a charger to a brick for the sake of irony. Or better, you go and get these nice cells from victpower. As of paypal, i had situation before, getting refunds far trickier than this and probably you are getting nothing because of your ignorance. And this is not the way to communicate being 65 of age.

Sorry every one for my language but i get tits up when someone is trying to squeeze paraffin from a pile of crap.

For every one else I would not recommend buying these cells from this seller and would rather spent twice as much and got propper stuff.

Agniusm, thanks for all the info on those cells. You surely do not have to prove anything to anybody, I think most of the members (me included) will also treat your info as legit and accurate unless the contrary is proved. Good luck with your case!

P.S. what is the resistance value of those dead cells?

We all dream of a a123 20ah pouch a little cheaper a little smaller with no balancing and easy connections. All 3.4000v. Good luck getting garage cleaned up.

Please,
come back here and tell us how was it with PayPal.
That is very important to so many people here.
If you get refund it would be the way to go for others.
Of course what a difference single cell charger or lab power supply -will not take charge means exactely that.

"the way to go for others..."
I ment for any supplier, obviously not this cell seller.
Will PayPal deliver on promise on their web site to refund for the goods "not as described"?
Tricky, they need proof that they are "not as described" means cell below 3V??

Thanks, well i hope it will all go fine, fingers crossed. The only thing i have stated that they ate copies of originals, internally damaged. On my conversation on paypal with seller he agreed that they are not the ones we where talking about before purchase. Mavizen site is also stating that they are the only authorized supplier of A123 cells which only proves that victpower could not sell a grade authentical A123 cells. I made him to state that on paypal money reques for my security. He must respond till Dec 2nd.
Will let you know how this went

agniusm,
that's intersting this PayPal dispute what that seller going to say to your claim that Mavizen is only A123 authorized dealer?
You wrote very logically in your PayPal claim, maybe seller will reveal more where they are getting those cells from.
My view is there are cells acuired from recycler or re-directed before reaching recycler but definitely they are damaged A123.
Like Mavizen claims they are leaks at recycles sites. Recycles know value of those cells.

parabellum said:
Batter said:
How do you know the cells are below 1V and dropping? Have you tested them? This really surprised me?

Did you sell those cells to agniusm?

Yea, the guy probably went posting without reading and watching the video. I doubt he sold me those cells as the man who did was very poor in english, possibly google translate :)

agniusm said:
Yea, the guy probably went posting without reading and watching the video. I doubt he sold me those cells as the man who did was very poor in english, possibly google translate :)

Have you had a chance to measure internal resistance of died cells? It is interesting how A123 pouch dies.

miro13car said:
Will PayPal deliver on promise on their web site to refund for the goods "not as described"?

P.S: PayPal will protect you only against "not received" claims if you do NOT use eBay, PayPal and eBay combination will give you full protection of ANY kind and that I can tell you, I have been scammed before by eBay seller pushing me towards a simple PayPal money request, and then they sent me a defective mother board and boom! I got nothing back! Which is written somewhere in their policy because I remember telling myself, I got screwed, it's my fault.

I am a eBay seller with almost 10k of feedback, and it's ridiculous the amount of power the buyer has over the seller, The buyer can Muppet the seller.

I don't think he can get hes money back for this one, unless they are good peoples like me and no matter what from of payment they used, we live up to what we promise.

SlyCayer said:
miro13car said:

P.S: PayPal will protect you only against "not received" claims if you do NOT use eBay, PayPal and eBay combination will give you full protection of ANY kind and that I can tell you, I have been scammed before by eBay seller pushing me towards a simple PayPal money request, and then they sent me a defective mother board and boom! I got nothing back! Which is written somewhere in their policy because I remember telling myself, I got screwed, it's my fault.

I am a eBay seller with almost 10k of feedback, and it's ridiculous the amount of power the buyer has over the seller, The buyer can Muppet the seller.

I don't think he can get hes money back for this one, unless they are good peoples like me and no matter what from of payment they used, we live up to what we promise.

Hi, there is no point in posting your opinion and experience regarding my business with paypal, it is irrelevant to this thread. I dont know how it will go and just leave it at that.
Here is from paypal:

Protection for your Purchases
We can help protect your purchases anywhere you shop and pay with PayPal. Just in case your item doesn’t arrive or if it’s significantly different from its description, we can help get all your money back.

agniusm said:
Protection for your Purchases
We can help protect your purchases anywhere you shop and pay with PayPal. Just in case your item doesn’t arrive or if it’s significantly different from its description, we can help get all your money back.

You might be 100% right, it might of changed in the last 3 years.

Sorry for irritating you, which I think I was only letting you know my experience, in other words, I was suggesting you stay nice to the other Chinese guy at the end to have the best chance at getting this resolved without PayPal deciding in his favor which after that, he will obviously not want to help you.

Ohh, and if you want some Cells, I got about 500 in stock, I give you a good deal, all full charged and Capacity tested just for you before they leave.

They are from the looks of it 100% brand new.

yep, brand new a123 cells that sat so long they self discharged. this guy thinks you have to jump to his fable, his video proves there is nothing wrong with them since they even discharged into his meter from the almost totally selfdischarged state. notice he never produced a video showing they would not take a charge, just what he wants to believe and he has a lot of camp followers that made him think there is something wrong with them now.

and in case you haven't noticed, there were a number of experienced people that did advise you to just charge them up and use them, but somehow you think you are different and can force the seller to take them back because mavizen told you something else entirely. but logic doesn't mean a thing here. you got what you paid for and you are stuck with them. so whine at me some more.

SlyCayer said:
and in case you haven't noticed, there were a number of experienced people that did advise you to just charge them up and use them
EDIT: Those are not SlyCayer words.

Keeping them is worst case scenario but possible. If they will charge up again, there probably will be at least difference in IR to charged cells. If the capacity stays same, the C rates for charge and discharge will be affected as well cycle life. They will also try to get out of balance in every cycle, since damage caused by this deep discharge will wary from cell to cell.

dnmun said:
yep, brand new a123 cells that sat so long they self discharged. this guy thinks you have to jump to his fable, his video proves there is nothing wrong with them since they even discharged into his meter from the almost totally selfdischarged state. notice he never produced a video showing they would not take a charge, just what he wants to believe and he has a lot of camp followers that made him think there is something wrong with them now.

and in case you haven't noticed, there were a number of experienced people that did advise you to just charge them up and use them, but somehow you think you are different and can force the seller to take them back because mavizen told you something else entirely. but logic doesn't mean a thing here. you got what you paid for and you are stuck with them. so whine at me some more.

Nobody has to jump to my fable, there is no profit i gain. My video shows the state of cells not proves!!! I have no intention of proving anything. I had no means of testing them my self, but people showed a lot of interest if they will bounce back, so i took them to a firm who produces BMS "emus": http://www.elektromotus.lt and asked to test them. Because of this i can not take out camera and start shooting because of some dum ass, ignorant person. I imagine they should know a thing or two about batteries. Even if they would charge up, as posted later they are damaged because this technology should not be discharged below 2V and i have paid for 100% cells. That is all to it. Your posts are completely irrelevant to this thread and you are wasting everybody's time. If you would like, pay me for a sample + shipping and you can charge them yourself for your peace of mind.

Back