http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33447

btw, this thread should go under the stand-up scooter section... :wink:

reposting this pic for you,

file.php

Attachments

• goped front shock.JPG
    goped front shock.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 2,748
Been busy finishing the swing arm. This was all trial and error, and especially difficult to get the measurements right. I have changed the design again. Gone for a 12mm plate with a bush welded on the end. This looks far better.I need to make a brake mount for the calliper but apart from that is finished.

Frame should come together pretty quick now. The most of it was the rear swing arm. Motor mounts and battery boxes are a while away. Will be building these around a rolling frame, so have not even thought about how these will look yet.

Some pictures of progress.

7ea79879.jpg

e432bf8b.jpg

4a56f4cd.jpg

0346c0df.jpg

b30c6317.jpg

9c5a6fd2.jpg

47ce2371.jpg

3fb41cc1.jpg

1cddbe37.jpg

380d79ba.jpg

3336becf.jpg

DAMN MAN! you now how to build a beast! This thing is turning out great! keep the pics coming.

Here's a few more pictures. Got the frame parts laid out on the floor including motor. The bends are going to get cnc bent to this mock up, as the bender kinked the pipe. Definitely look like the odd one out against all the choppers in the workshop lol.

80c03019.jpg

b76e78b5.jpg

OP post new pics!

Ok, got some progress back on this project now.

Had waited for nearly 3 months for the tube to be bent. It was 50mm 3.5mm thickness I think, and the bends where getting closer to 90 degrees. As soon as got the tube back started working on the notch in the pipe to take the head tube. Not the easiest of task, took a short while but am happy with it.

Hopefully should be getting the thing in a jig tomorrow to square it all off and weld the head tube in place.

Here's a few picture of where I am at.

ba1a9461.jpg

34b36477.jpg

839a33c9.jpg

YESS! so excited to see this get updated. Keep-um coming!

Been working on this again. Ended up making a make do jig out of wood. Seem to do the trick. Have a rolling frame now. There is a few gussets to be made to reinforce the frame, but other than that this is how it should look. Might shorten it a bit seems quite long but I have not mounted the motor yet which will take up some deck space. I locked the rear suspension in position at the moment. Have not made a tool to get the poly in yet. Frame is a bit big to get it a press now. Here is a few pictures of where I am at.

661199b9.jpg

95a92a9b.jpg

0af4ab6c.jpg

eb502fdf.jpg

ca48e26e.jpg

71028cac.jpg

d2a95764.jpg

cbbcc247.jpg

09929345.jpg

512a3a07.jpg

20d175f2.jpg

232516d1.jpg

6473d8db.jpg

0013f379.jpg

6a3f6ef4.jpg

Looking great, thanks for updates!

It is definitely "super sized" but overall proportions look good to my eye. I'm very curious how the front sus works? 'should eliminate dive under front braking, yes? That's a helpful thing with standup scooters with so little ground clearance to start with.

Cool build...

Thanks Ykick. Not entirely sure of the technicals about the front suspension. I used this style because it was a single sided swing arm, where I am basing this on a GoPed I felt this would be best as they are supported single sided aswell.

Made and welded the gussets on today. Ground the weld of from the tube to the box and welded again as I wasn't happy with the penetration or look of the welds. Also will be grinded the weld of off the swing arm. This I will take to work to get welded as my set at home just didn't seem to put enough heat into the swing arm shaft.

Here is a few pictures of where I am at.

529fbc1c.jpg

6b6fe56c.jpg

68976e1a.jpg

8e473d5b.jpg

c34faf7d.jpg

3a063670.jpg

227d371a.jpg

2fb45430.jpg

Finally got to test the rear suspension. Was a difficult job to get the rods in there, and they have to come out before the frames powder coated, so should fun getting them back in again.

here's a few pics of progress plus a video of suspension moving.

4dac1134.jpg

1b45c1a0.jpg

nicee! looks like it moves great! I really want to make one of these now. When does the motor go on!? and what is the drivetrain?

Been busy on the drive side of the scooter. Looking at mounting the rear pulley and starting to make a motor mount.

i am going to mount the motor on a 10mm aluminium plate, which will then bolt to an adjustable steel motor mount welded to the frame.

Since the scooter is a single sided swing arm, the only way I am going to be able to mount the rear pulley is by drilling and tapping the wheel nuts, and mounted of off them.

the drive is going to be 50mm wide 8mm pitch HTD belt. The ratio is 1 to 4. The rear sprocket is 112 tooth which is a particularly large size sprocket. I am using a cast iron pulley as a representation, whilst an aluminium pulley is being made. As I want the send the cast iron pulley back I havnt machined it, so I have just place the pulley hub on top of the studs. However the studs will actually sit 30mm inside the hub bringing the pulley 30mm closer to the wheel. Leaving only 3mm clearance in the centre at it tightest point.

Few pictures of where I am at.

202c9db4.jpg

fceee694.jpg

7764181c.jpg

1a255aad.jpg

b5e626f3.jpg

e828f257.jpg

1f6b93ef.jpg

2ce12d49.jpg

6c21589a.jpg

6b3bd470.jpg

9c0484bd.jpg

68037ed3.jpg

25592f1e.jpg

4908a2f4.jpg

This is truly special. Keep um coming!

Oh my god. An eTek on a friggin' stand up scooter. And here are people telling me that i'm crazy for putting one on a bike. I'm not even done with my build and you already one-upped me :lol:

This is truly badass. I'm in awe and can't wait to see the final project.. rock on!!

Wow!! :shock: :shock:

The builds on here are constantly pushing the boundaries out at an alarming rate!!! love the "indespension unit"

Thanks for all the comments. Glad my build is getting some interest.

Been working on making a hub for the rear wheel. I decided that a 50mm belt is not really a good idea. The cost to manufacture an aluminium pulley is too much. I have decided to go to chain instead.

The hub I made uses a phosphor bronze bush which is bolted onto the shaft of the rear wheel. A sleeve from the hub with a bearing inside is tightly fit over the bush centering the hub. The sprocket will be bored to match the 60mm recess on the other side of the rod. It is all assemble on precision spacer via the tapped heads of the wheel nuts.

I have yet to get the sprockets delivered will only need to bore the out to 60mm then drill the bolt holes. The sprocket will then centre itself on the hub which runs in line with the wheel bearings, as all three bearings are on the same shaft.

Few pictures of where I am at.

4ea39088.jpg

c18179f5.jpg

a144f1d9.jpg

23652870.jpg

1369aaae.jpg

85c57886.jpg

1c365017.jpg

4409cad4.jpg

42e6df37.jpg

7eeaa931.jpg

f2077d2c.jpg

why not ditch the rear hydraulic brake and run the chain on the inside? does your controller have regen?

NVM just realized that is impossible. Looking great tho good luck getting it finished up! How much controller and what batts!?

Not decided on controller... But expect it will be 400amp Kelly. Batteries will be Lipo, turnigy. Using 8 series packs, in 2p8s configuration to give around 60v. Still working on the drive, got the hub and rear sprocket mounted. I am going to have to guide the chain either over or under the suspension knuckle as it looks like it is in the way. I am now working on making the steel motor mount which will weld to the frame and then the aluminium motor plate will bolt to it. Few pictures of where I am at.

03fd2fbc.jpg

dcaed468.jpg

b37ef874.jpg

0d870a88.jpg

d5bfce7f.jpg

0b14076e.jpg

Back