The holy grail for ebike wheels - 22 inch BMX rims = 18" motorcycle wheel diameter

Chalo said:
.... and motorcycle tires feel like they're filled with cheese singles instead of air.
:thumb: :thumb:
Been looking at the RadWagon 4 and was actually wondering about that.
Thank thee ...

Those cheese singles provide a form of suspension and protection in themselves in exchange for a big increase in rolling resistance.
You go this route if the benefits exceed the drawbacks for your use case. :)

I don't mind the extra rolling resistance, the extra weight for minimal to zero flats.
I have ridden a few times with motorcycle tires. Disk brake front 19x2.75 w/ normal motorcycle tube and the same on the rear but with V-brakes and the rim lined up to the mounts which ended up shredding the tire. I had bought used rims to save on money to see if I wanted to buy new. Everything was out of stock from motorcycle parts counter I don't know in the last months if thats changed.

What I wonder about now, is if a 21" UHD tube (4-5mm thick) would fit in a fat bike tire. I don't think the UHD inner tubes come in small size to fit 26x2.00 tires but I could be wrong. 26x4 bicycle rims are to fat, I'd like 2.60-3.00 maybe 3.50.

But since I switched to a front hub motor setup with still bicycle tires, tubes, rims and spokes, my flat tire situation has very dramatically decreased.

Since every now and then when I have to lift the bike up over a single wire fence thats 2' off the ground, or I literally have to lift the front end up I will forego switching to motorcycle and moped components and just get Schwalbe extra thick treads, Kenda Thorn Proof tubes, with the same as a liner and avoid glass.

If I remember I will measure the thickness of the Kendo Thorn Proof tubes. Because I have one where theres a hole in the valve, plan to use that as a liner.
https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/kenda-thorn-resistant-tube
Kenda Thorn Resistant tubes are extra tough with 3.5mmm of butyl on the tread side of the tube and 1mm thickness on the top side. The extra butyl reduces punctures from thorns and glass. 12", 16", 20" and 24" sizes. Schrader valve.

Made in China.

neptronix said:
Those cheese singles provide a form of suspension and protection in themselves in exchange for a big increase in rolling resistance.

markz said:
I don't mind the extra rolling resistance, the extra weight for minimal to zero flats.
I have ridden a few times with motorcycle tires. Disk brake front 19x2.75 w/ normal motorcycle tube and the same on the rear but with V-brakes and the rim lined up to the mounts which ended up shredding the tire. I had bought used rims to save on money to see if I wanted to buy new. Everything was out of stock from motorcycle parts counter I don't know in the last months if thats changed.

What I wonder about now, is if a 21" UHD tube (4-5mm thick) would fit in a fat bike tire. I don't think the UHD inner tubes come in small size to fit 26x2.00 tires but I could be wrong. 26x4 bicycle rims are to fat, I'd like 2.60-3.00 maybe 3.50.

But since I switched to a front hub motor setup with still bicycle tires, tubes, rims and spokes, my flat tire situation has very dramatically decreased.

Since every now and then when I have to lift the bike up over a single wire fence thats 2' off the ground, or I literally have to lift the front end up I will forego switching to motorcycle and moped components and just get Schwalbe extra thick treads, Kenda Thorn Proof tubes, with the same as a liner and avoid glass.

If I remember I will measure the thickness of the Kendo Thorn Proof tubes. Because I have one where theres a hole in the valve, plan to use that as a liner.
https://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/kenda-thorn-resistant-tube
Kenda Thorn Resistant tubes are extra tough with 3.5mmm of butyl on the tread side of the tube and 1mm thickness on the top side. The extra butyl reduces punctures from thorns and glass. 12", 16", 20" and 24" sizes. Schrader valve.

Made in China.

neptronix said:

Have you thought about tubeless motorcycle tires?

You need dedicated motorcycle rims meant to work with tubeless tires. I have seen them in spoked format that does away with the rim strip because the spokes attach at the outer edge of the rim.

Removing the tube doesn't change the failure mechanism at all. Just changes how you fix it.

I would rather replace a tube and get back to riding than wait for the tire seal to have an adequate bond to the tire though.

neptronix said:
Removing the tube doesn't change the failure mechanism at all. Just changes how you fix it.

I would rather replace a tube and get back to riding than wait for the tire seal to have an adequate bond to the tire though.

Tubeless motorcycle is supposed to be much faster to repair a flat compared to one with an inner tube.

With tubeless I've read that all you have to do is plug the hole, inflate to proper pressure and go.

Back