crf450r 45kw race bike build

Reworked th shape of the battery box and was able to make room for another parallel group. This is the most I can fit in there at 26s 14p. I ordered the molicel p42a. The final battery will be 58.8AH 5.64kwh. Also thes fitted the chaincase and it fit nicely!
IMG_1827.JPEGIMG_1828.JPEGIMG_1824.JPEG

rivvs said:
Update on the build. I'm finally back to working on the bike. I sold the fardriver and got a modified version of the hesc mini from 3shulmotors. The controller will be water cooled. I decided to go for a 26s13p pack with molicel p45b cells. The battery will also be watercooled.
Do you mean that you have got the controller, what is your first impressions?
How does it compare to the fardriver in dimensions?
How is your controller modified?

I am a bit curios about those, I would really like the (presumably) better program and a good variable regen.
The higher voltage would be very welcome, and the main reason. I think better efficiency would be possible too.
(Vesc should have MTPA, fardriver has it on the screen. Nothing about it in the manual, so I doubt it is for real)

Not that eager to loose a big chunk of phase A and a big chunk of money for a third controller though :roll:

j bjork said:
rivvs said:
Update on the build. I'm finally back to working on the bike. I sold the fardriver and got a modified version of the hesc mini from 3shulmotors. The controller will be water cooled. I decided to go for a 26s13p pack with molicel p45b cells. The battery will also be watercooled.
Do you mean that you have got the controller, what is your first impressions?
How does it compare to the fardriver in dimensions?
How is your controller modified?

I am a bit curios about those, I would really like the (presumably) better program and a good variable regen.
The higher voltage would be very welcome, and the main reason. I think better efficiency would be possible too.
(Vesc should have MTPA, fardriver has it on the screen. Nothing about it in the manual, so I doubt it is for real)

Not that eager to loose a big chunk of phase A and a big chunk of money for a third controller though :roll:

I have not received it yet. It should be shipped this week. I talked directly with the builder of the controller and told him what I needed in kw and He built me the hesc mini but with more powerfull mosfet and an unlocked firmware. I got the dimension and it is smaller than the fardriver.

My version can go up to 500 battery amp and 700 phase. And this is kind of the continuous rating. Others controller have their peak power for a set amount of time but this one is temperature so it can provide the power as long as it is kept under the max temp then it reduce the output. This is why I will use watercooling.

Cool build, I'm rooting for that 3shul controller!

So today I made the wiring harness and tested the controller. I got the motor running sensorless then with the encoder. Now I can’t get the throttle to work. I checked the wiring and tested with the multimeter and the throttle output the 0 to 5v but the controller always see 0v.
https://youtube.com/shorts/pMC7PXhFfis?feature=share

Also I 3D printed a battery box to see the fitting with a rigid box. This would be the final shape of the batteryCDC5AF50-13F9-4F95-B82E-500782353138.jpeg143AA8F4-BB47-4936-A238-94640EC684F6.jpegDABF5B40-8171-409E-BF26-190E2B682B93.jpeg

rivvs said:
Also I 3D printed a battery box to see the fitting with a rigid box. This would be the final shape of the battery

Can you briefly go into detail on designing and assembling the 3d print box? I would like that option in the future, and it seems like you were able to print it in separate vertical sections, then glue. Are you worried about the glue sections holding together? What glue did you use?

harrisonpatm said:
rivvs said:
Also I 3D printed a battery box to see the fitting with a rigid box. This would be the final shape of the battery

Can you briefly go into detail on designing and assembling the 3d print box? I would like that option in the future, and it seems like you were able to print it in separate vertical sections, then glue. Are you worried about the glue sections holding together? What glue did you use?

if im not mistaken i believe that that is just a model to fit the bike together

TysonScott said:
harrisonpatm said:
rivvs said:

Shucks. I was hoping he knew secret magic that I could replicate with my small-bed printer.

harrisonpatm said:
TysonScott said:
harrisonpatm said:
rivvs said:

Shucks. I was hoping he knew secret magic that I could replicate with my small-bed printer.
Yes it is just a model to see fitment. The real box will be aluminum.

I figured the throttle issue. The problem was me not knowing how VESC tool works.
[youtube] https://youtube.com/shorts/m9WweJqp9Ig?feature=share[/youtube]

JRP3 said:
Very interested in seeing your experience with the 3Shul, are you the first person to use it with a QS motor?

I am the first to use it with the QS180 I believe.
The VESCtool software is way better than the asi one and the fardriver.

Today I mounted the controller and milled the cooling plate for the controller. Also mounted the dc/dc converter.
IMG_2033.JPG

j bjork said:
Is there a reason you went with CL700 instead of CL1000?
I mean you must be loosing quite a bit of torque with just 700pA.

I went with the cl700 because that is the biggest I could fit in there without having to a parralel group of battery. And I do not have the cl700 but cl700tp. The tp has toll mosfet so I can have more amp than the regular.

Back