Fully 3D Printed DIY electric car

OK, here are the schematics for the lights and such of the vehicle.
Please, can you have a look to it and let me know if it looks OK to you?

Attachments

• Esquema JLB3D.jpg
    Esquema JLB3D.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 830
Addy said:
It seems pretty reasonable. Not sure what controls your relay (is it for flashing?), or how the brake signal works.

Thank you Addy.

Yes the "relay" (maybe that is not the proper name) is the device that makes to intermittently flash the turning lights.
I just discovered an error in the schema, the hazard lights input should be after the "relay" as well...

The brake signal comes from the controller, depending in what kind of controllers is used can be ground or something else, that is why I left it "open". Different approaches will have to be made depending on controller.

There has been little progress because I found a temporary job for some weeks/months in another 3D print project, so I have been busy with that lately. I am finished with that now and back into this one.
I will have next video of the series by this weekend.

https://3dprinterly.com/how-to-fix-broken-3d-printed-parts/

After a long stop in this project, I was able some weeks ago to retake it.
I finished the development of the chemical welding for the 3D printed parts. And it certainly works quite well.
If you are interested here is a video about it, make sure to see the end of the video...

[youtube]KLZLZG_Om2k[/youtube]

As you mention, that stuff is really unhealthful. I have some, for a plastic repair, but I used it outside only. I ordered it from a laboratory supply place. What kind of brush do you use there, I mean what are the bristles made of?

donn said:
What kind of brush do you use there, I mean what are the bristles made of?

I am not sure what material the bristles are made off, I am sure they are not plastic. Looks like some kind of vegetal fibre, but not sure.
They are just cheap brushes that you can buy a dozen or so for a few euros...

I just managed to finish last video about this 3D printed electric vehicle project. And finally I was able to test my ideas on a real part. Looks like it holds quite well, I am very happy and proud. :)

It is just a 2 min. video. Hope you enjoy it.

[youtube]FBJdCjHvw4Q[/youtube]

Yes I have in mind a fiberglass coat is if it fails. But after testing the door I am very confident in the idea...
Anyway some metal components are included in the design in order to distribute the cargo weight and suspension loads through the structure.
JellyBean3D Main Assembly (1).png

I thought your load testing looked rather gentle. Maybe good enough - you don't need to pass EU motor vehicle collision standards - and it isn't like I really know anything about materials strength and static vs. dynamic loads.

donn said:
I thought your load testing looked rather gentle. Maybe good enough - you don't need to pass EU motor vehicle collision standards - and it isn't like I really know anything about materials strength and static vs. dynamic loads.

Yes, it was gentle, I can not afford to do destructive tests...
And I am not trying to make a car, this is just a low speed vehicle, more close to a velomobile than to a car. Top speed will be limited to around 45Km/h and will be driven around 25-30Km/h most of the time, if it works :lol: :lol:

Back